Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

KoldPT posted:

hey gamers i'm running into bossing issues with TR Raider and I dunno what to change.

https://pastebin.com/jZuk4jBA

i was unable to kill the 4 breachlords maven fight even on white, and haven't beaten sirus 8 (or 9...) yet. kosis also ruins my day if he shows up in a simulacrum or whatever.

alternatively, please recommend me a good bossing build that i can pair with this

First thing, Acrobatics is bad, get rid of it and Magebane and pick up Intuition so you're suppression capped almost always. You'll still be 2% short when not full hp but it's close enough.

You've gone way too far into the speed aspect and it's making your bossing suffer. QOTF + Devoto's are both better off as good rares at least for bossing and any difficult mapping. A rare chest especially with the %life as extra ES mod is a massive amount of survivability combined with Ghost Shrouds. Ideally you want to hit 39% aoe also, which means the bow mastery, 20q Toxic Rain and the 9% aoe craft on helm or amulet. This creates the optimal amount of aoe for pod overlap, getting you as close as possible to 5 overlaps on standard size targets.

Looking at your flasks, get rid of the seething, it's a terrible flask mod for modern flasks. Either using the bubbling equivalent or one of the various ones that make it instant or increased recovery while low life. Also you have two attack speed suffix flasks but I assume you know that, replacing one with either curse effect reduction or the unveiled 3% regen would be better.

Stop using Dash, Flame Dash is just better and doesn't need anything linked to it.

For Pantheon I far prefer Brine King for my freeze immune but that's more of a preference. For your minor though you 100% should be using Garukhan instead, shocks WILL kill you this league. Combine it with some shock effect reduction on jewels from Harvest or a ring craft to get yourself effectively shock immune.

TR is a fantastic bossing build and I was able to easily do all the content in the game with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

i was dying a ton while mapping with 100% spells suppresion, then I watched the guy whose build guild i followed post a video on switching to spell dodge instead and it seemed to make my mapping a lot more consistent, it's what allowed me to hit 92, i was stuck at 90 before (vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKSoqsJvab0)

i was considering trying for a frenzy on hit rare and swapping to the ailment evasion chest, which would allow me to get 100% ailment dodge. do you think that's not worth it? with the mana flask removing ailments and being effectively always full, i haven't felt like ailments have been a big deal for me except for sirus

will look into the flask shifts, 21/20 (i failed 6 tries at this lol) and a rare hat and chest next. thanks

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well you can trust the dude who's still level 95, 6 days after that video. Or look at ninja where only 13% of all Raiders take it and only 4 people in the top 50. Spell Suppression is reliable, it prevents just about every oneshot spell in the game and does so every single time in the same way assuming you get your HP to a decent level. My raider was able to straight up tank a full Sirus beam to the face, sure it's not Champion level tanky but for softcore it was plenty good.

You essentially want to build your Raider like it's Darkee's champion TR and just adjust the tree/gear slightly for the extra 40% suppression you get. I was even going to move into running Determination also, as it would have let me get to 20-25k armor.

You can look at my post history for my other big post on my character this league

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you have the crafting notes for the tr bow handy ?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://youtu.be/Q40bblpomPk

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Spell suppression is better than spell dodge ever was for considerably less effort. I expect them to make adjustments next league to how easy it is to cap.

Why risk getting blapped when you can just cut everything in half, every time?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah i have some spell suppression on self found helmet and shield and 4? points on one of the wheels and i'm capped

it's stupid easy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks, appreciate it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Thanks, appreciate it

Make sure you read the note below the video

quote:

3.16 STEALTH NERF UPDATE: Bows now use 1h dot multi rolls instead of 2h so you must only alt for 17-19% attack speed on the end game hunter bow. The ingame tooltip is actually bugged and tells you 17-19% attack speed is tier 2 when in reality that is the highest tier than can be rolled.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Cinara posted:

First thing, Acrobatics is bad, get rid of it and Magebane and pick up Intuition so you're suppression capped almost always. You'll still be 2% short when not full hp but it's close enough.

You've gone way too far into the speed aspect and it's making your bossing suffer. QOTF + Devoto's are both better off as good rares at least for bossing and any difficult mapping. A rare chest especially with the %life as extra ES mod is a massive amount of survivability combined with Ghost Shrouds. Ideally you want to hit 39% aoe also, which means the bow mastery, 20q Toxic Rain and the 9% aoe craft on helm or amulet. This creates the optimal amount of aoe for pod overlap, getting you as close as possible to 5 overlaps on standard size targets.

Looking at your flasks, get rid of the seething, it's a terrible flask mod for modern flasks. Either using the bubbling equivalent or one of the various ones that make it instant or increased recovery while low life. Also you have two attack speed suffix flasks but I assume you know that, replacing one with either curse effect reduction or the unveiled 3% regen would be better.

Stop using Dash, Flame Dash is just better and doesn't need anything linked to it.

For Pantheon I far prefer Brine King for my freeze immune but that's more of a preference. For your minor though you 100% should be using Garukhan instead, shocks WILL kill you this league. Combine it with some shock effect reduction on jewels from Harvest or a ring craft to get yourself effectively shock immune.

TR is a fantastic bossing build and I was able to easily do all the content in the game with it.

I league started as TR raider as well, I have 6k life, 90% evasion pre-flasks, 100% spell suppression and I still get clapped by scourge every once in a while. Is going full evasion just a meme? It looks like the play is to go armor even on a raider? I also really struggle on any boss that moves around a lot like Sirus and Baran. My PoB says I have 4mil dps but it is so hard to bring it to bear on Sirus who jumps around too much before wither stacks can build up.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sirus is pretty much the worst boss in the game for TR because of how often he moves. You gotta make the most out of all the windows you get to damage him if you want to kill him quickly.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this may not be an issue with TR AoE, but if you turn on enemy health bars you can see which is the real sirus when he splits into four and shoots into the middle. it's one of the bigger windows for doing damage in the fight

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

totalnewbie posted:

You need lots of rarity + duplication if you want regal->ex drops.

Also run BPs, not contracts. The 4-wing I think 17? currency BP from Heist averaged over 4ex/bp iirc with a 4%.

:stare:

What level BPs were you running? And how much did you spend uncovering everything?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Evil Fluffy posted:

:stare:

What level BPs were you running? And how much did you spend uncovering everything?

This was during Heist when you would spend 3-4ex buying split beasts and copy the same BP over and over again. It was a currency printer. Look at historical ex price during Heist, it's amazing. https://poe-antiquary.xyz/custom?data=[[2,9,37]]

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 4, 2021

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i sold an around 20 currency room BP in heist for like 25 ex on TFT. just tossed it up and within an hour i had a few offers from 10 to 25 ex.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh, I thought you meant you were doing that currently in Scourge. I remember the split beasts stuff being used to print currency and other items but I never got going on it.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Pure eva is fine, though it's going to be rare that you don't want to dip into ES for ghost shrouds with the life as es mod. If you want to avoid getting occasionally slapped, you do need phys mit - this can come from endu charges, a hybrid body armor with 8% phys reduction, phys as ele stuff etc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Definetly don't use magebane as raider because you can cap your spell suppression in like 15 points or something insane like that

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just realized you can have hexes accumulate doom on enemies even if they're hexproof :psyduck: the hex just doesn't do anything.

I was wondering why/how non occultists were running hex blast.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
What am I supposed to be doing after I've got 4 watchstones slotted into each quadrant of the atlas?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Start playing Path of Exile, basically.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

What am I supposed to be doing after I've got 4 watchstones slotted into each quadrant of the atlas?

Do all the bosses to get bases/uniques/currency to sell/use to make your next build. Or just make money to put into standard for some special project.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Optimize your character, level to 100, or roll an alt.

Get all the Maven passives you want, do bosses, get rolled watchstones set up, deli maps, legion 5 ways, delve, and/or uber content.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

friend spent 8ex failing a 6L.... he doesn't know!!!!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Also thanks.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lpzie posted:

friend spent 8ex failing a 6L.... he doesn't know!!!!

I wonder how many people have paid the 1500 fuses + 1500 vaals for a corrupt 6L this league

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Pure eva is fine, though it's going to be rare that you don't want to dip into ES for ghost shrouds with the life as es mod. If you want to avoid getting occasionally slapped, you do need phys mit - this can come from endu charges, a hybrid body armor with 8% phys reduction, phys as ele stuff etc.

I have all evasion based gear and 6k life, is just getting the life as ES mod on my chest armor enough to make ghost shroud good or do I need more ES than that?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

That's enough, but a little more is nice too

Looking at life builds with Ghost Dance on poe.ninja, most of them have around 700-1000ish es

rasputin handshake
Dec 25, 2005

Hello, WIP? Am I on?
Does anyone have a boneshatter jugg build they’d recommend? I haven’t played a melee character since like 3.11 or something so I’m having a hard time sorting out which build guide/videos are showing me a realistic build vs “anyone can do this 80ex build.”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep reading the thread title as Path of Exile 2

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I keep reading the thread title as Path of Exile 2

You are not alone

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Cinara posted:

switched back to spell suppresion and beat a9 sirus :)

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Playing physical trap Saboteur and trying to decide between Devouring Diadem or Crown of the Inward Eye for helmets. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Has anyone double enchanted the blight helm and then bricked it down to rare but then mythic'ed it back into an abyssus yet?

That would be a great meme museum item.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

IMO, Devouring Diadem is a huge trap this league because it gives you Eldritch Battery, which kills Ghost Shrouds as a defensive mechanic (which is the fourth pillar of the busted characters this league, the other three being Determination, Grace, and Spell Suppression).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got moved to a different global channel for a few minutes without knowing it.

:yikes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

First time I’ve ever farmed up Porcupine

Not that bad maybe 20 maps

Haunted mansions can turn in to the map you need 3-1

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Where do you get demon harpys? I see endless videos about them, but no one says where you get them.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Demon Harpies are one of the mob types from Scourge. IDK if you need to satisfy any particular condition for harpies to spawn, but you get demons ~1/3 of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Philthy posted:

Where do you get demon harpys? I see endless videos about them, but no one says where you get them.

/global 6666

You can also hit me up in-game (WaggletonPTallylicker), I use them.