Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Just lol if you think this game will be anything but 40 carries for AJ and AJ and insane amounts of motion + easy short rhythm throws. If Love is even given the opportunity to "throw" "good" the game plan isn't right.

i just now realized both tailbacks are AJs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

PupsOfWar posted:

i just now realized both tailbacks are AJs

Rodgers doesn't want anything to do with J&J

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Whooping Crabs posted:

Immunized literally means vaccinated. Aaron lied.

It doesn't though. Part of the vaccine skepticism stems from this misunderstanding. A vaccine lowers your chance of getting infected and will lower the severity and duration of an infection, but it does not grant immunity.
Rodgers saying immunized is still a lie (because obviously he wasn't or he wouldn't have gotten infected) and also not an answer to the question asked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/1456303898524848138

:toot:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1456307472235470858?t=N4Wc_8MK39PA1HZtuf_OLw&s=19

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1456311098458640390

THAT'S MY MOTHERFUCKING QUARTERBACK

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
"Fully" is misleading. Does that mean he's gotten a booster? Triples is best.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Feels good to have a QB who isn't a piece of poo poo.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Agreed, Jordan Love seems swell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jared Goff can't throw a pass, doesn't know what down it is, can't go through his reads and can't run, but he....

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

The NFL will not do anything to Rodgers because doing so will be an admission that they should have been punishing him before but weren't.

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nah it's going to be Love v. Mahomes unless Bort gets hurt. No way the team would turn down an opportunity to take a real look at Love in action.

E: the only reason why Bort is even getting signed is the PS QB also got COVID (last week, IIRC), so Love would have been the only active QB on the roster.

As much as I love the idea of Bort I am a bit conflicted because his signing eliminates the possibility of emergency QB Randall Cobb.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
If my experience in Wisconsin is anything to go by, this may be the exact thing Rodgers needed to get back in good graces with fans. Except now he’s asking people to decide whether it’s more important to hate California-isms like alternative medicine, or love his stance on not getting vaccinated/being American/freedom/etc.

I’m taken back to a wedding last fall in Chippewa Falls that I attended(or ‘Chip’wuh’ falls for you locals) . While getting fitted for my tux, the woman helping me kindly said , ‘strange to see someone still wearing a mask, we saw a lot more of that back when the COVID was around’….

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

DoctaFun posted:

If my experience in Wisconsin is anything to go by, this may be the exact thing Rodgers needed to get back in good graces with fans. Except now he’s asking people to decide whether it’s more important to hate California-isms like alternative medicine, or love his stance on not getting vaccinated/being American/freedom/etc.

I’m taken back to a wedding last fall in Chippewa Falls that I attended(or ‘Chip’wuh’ falls for you locals) . While getting fitted for my tux, the woman helping me kindly said , ‘strange to see someone still wearing a mask, we saw a lot more of that back when the COVID was around’….

lmao i was thinking the same thing. Rodgers complainers and chuds were pretty much one in the same. i was just like....how can you be such a mega fan of football and not see how Rodgers has not really been the problem here?

packers fans be dumb. pretty sure i saw a facebook friend groveling about Jordy Nelson not being on the team when Rodgers contract came up

i personally feel like the last few years of Clay Matthews was them fielding a name rather than a player

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShayneMarsaw/status/1456310010762366976

Just taking a sensational amount of tiny shots at Nagy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fields should be traded to the packers

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MacheteZombie posted:

Fields should be traded to the packers

Dear god no. Trubisky or bust IMO.

In a few years Fields will be a long forgotten memory. Trubisky is immortal. :colbert:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fields deserves to have a good team around him

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think Rodgers should be suspended for the year, and the Packers should be forced to take Jared Goff and his salary.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

I think Rodgers should be suspended for the year, and the Packers should be forced to take Jared Goff and his salary.

your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If anything the Packers are likely to get a $500K fine and maybe lose a 7th round pick, looking at other COVID penalties that the league has handed out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

If anything the Packers are likely to get a $500K fine and maybe lose a 7th round pick, looking at other COVID penalties that the league has handed out.

There will be no penalties for this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nah a slap on the wrist and then going back to normal is the most NFL move

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I mean Kyrie got a movement, and he's in new york. Rodgers not being vaccinated probably doesn't hurt the fan base's opinion of him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

:wal: Just like in their games!
:stat::wal: Oh ho ho ho!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

SKULL.GIF posted:

No penalties would look better than this, so the NFL is totally gonna do this.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
Any punishment that the NFL hands out that's not the utter destruction of WFT is a farce

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

HootTheOwl posted:

It doesn't though. Part of the vaccine skepticism stems from this misunderstanding. A vaccine lowers your chance of getting infected and will lower the severity and duration of an infection, but it does not grant immunity.
Rodgers saying immunized is still a lie (because obviously he wasn't or he wouldn't have gotten infected) and also not an answer to the question asked.

I never said vaccines are 100% effective at preventing COVID. I said the term "immunized" is synonymous with vaccination, as per the Oxford English dictionary or the CDC's own definition of the term.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm. I think we are in agreement regardless. My immunology knowledge isn't perfect but I do have a PhD and work primarily as a microbiologist.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
They'll have an investigation that "suspends" him for the game or two he already has to miss due to being on the covid list. Maybe like a 5 or 10k team fine.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ghosthorse posted:

They'll have an investigation that "suspends" him for the game or two he already has to miss due to being on the covid list.

lol come on, no way

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah there will be no supension that would be insane escalation

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The NFL doesn't have to pretend to care about covid anymore, this is not something anyone will be punished for.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I'm saying the suspension would be this game he already has to sit. Then the NFL says he learned his lesson it's all fixed and they go on ignoring the vax policy.

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
https://twitter.com/cdonnick3/status/1455941456116465667?s=21

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:laffo:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

ha

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

DoctaFun posted:

you sound like a moron

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DoctaFun posted:

lol fuckin de Tocqueville over here

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well at least I can still wear my Woodson and Driver jerseys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1456368306860986372

lmaoooooo

Hey why isn't Rodgers playing for 2-3 weeks on the covid list. Who knows oh well. That's weird