Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Took care of that earlier in the week. Now I can mash A at 9pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gotta inject all of those 4K's into your eyes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What, you didn't already download it?!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

You should have enough room after uninstalling Forza 4.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

magimix posted:

There is a special edition you can pre-order, which unlocks on the 5th.

I was interested, then I saw that the only one with early unlock was $100, so lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Augus posted:

what is master chief if not a sad dad

Unfortunately he is neither a sad dad nor a sad son. Unless the latter games include a bunch of new stuff, I guess?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've played a ton of Mass Effect 2 so I can recognise every kind of daddy issues plot.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

kri kri posted:

How can you be sad with games pass? impossible

"But doctor, I am Xbox Game Pass."

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

The Diddler posted:

I was interested, then I saw that the only one with early unlock was $100, so lol

If you have game pass you can get the $45 premium bundle and it gives you the DLC expansions and car pass plus the early access without having to buy the whole game.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9MZ0SR207MG8/0017

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Anyone think the dashboard on Xbox Series X is a good bit faster and more responsive now than when it first released?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Unfortunately he is neither a sad dad nor a sad son. Unless the latter games include a bunch of new stuff, I guess?

he is a sad father to his troops

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

So I was messing around with rewards points and one of the things for the monthly quest is get an achievement on one of several games, one of those being Marvel Avengers.

Not wanting to install it just to get one achievement, I cloud steamed the game on my console.

Game aside (which I'm actually enjoying), after a short while I completely forgot that I was speaking the game. The quality and responsiveness was such that I thought I was playing on my home console.

I don't know what Microsoft have done, but this is the first time that I have found cloud gaming to be as good as the real thing. I know I'm happy to try out more games on the cloud in the future.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How do you cloud stream to a console? I can’t figure it out

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Anyone think the dashboard on Xbox Series X is a good bit faster and more responsive now than when it first released?

I mean, if you are comparing it to when it originally launched with the Xbox One, it is leaps and bounds better. If you are only talking about in the last year I haven't noticed any huge improvements.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Either join the beta update program or play through the browser.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh awesome, Total War: Warhammer 3 is a day one release on GamePass for PC

https://www.windowscentral.com/total-war-warhammer-3-launching-february-2022-xbox-game-pass-pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ty sega

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

https://www.windowscentral.com/total-war-warhammer-3-launching-february-2022-xbox-game-pass-pc

A game I'd never buy but am slamming day one download

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I tested it using the built in Edge browser in my One X the other day. Aside from a "bad browser" error message taking up a fixed 10% of the top of the screen, it works fine. You just need to dismiss error message with the controller by toggling to "mouse mode" and back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

webmeister posted:

Holy poo poo. However those of us with all of the dlc from the other games are stuck still buying it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

webmeister posted:

:aaa: Xbox stays winning

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

my store app does an annoying little update every time i boot and if i try to do anything in the meantime it goes BOOP, BUTTON PRESS DETECTED and then nothing happens. gonna start double-clicking everything like im 65. so not really no

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just don't install, when the game releases officially a little cloud button will appear next to the install button.

I'm gonna be playing on the clouds so I can use those series x blades

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Just bought a series S and this thing sucks. Connection issues with every app and super long loading times. It seemed to get bad when I started installing games.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

dkj posted:

Just bought a series S and this thing sucks. Connection issues with every app and super long loading times. It seemed to get bad when I started installing games.

stupid idiot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

dkj posted:

Dumbest motherfucker alive spotted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dkj posted:

Xbox stays.... losing? :whitewater:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

dkj posted:

Wired or wireless? My series X is slow (only about 5x faster than ps4) over wireless but super solid on Ethernet.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Check your Xbox / Routers DNS too. Maybe try setting either (or both) of them to google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4). Crappy DNS fucks with the UI from what I've seen.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
So it's possible for me to launch Steam and Steam games from my Series X?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dennis McClaren posted:

So it's possible for me to launch Steam and Steam games from my Series X?

Yes, from the Edge browser.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I said come in! posted:

Yes, from the Edge browser.

And you need a GeForce Now account.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I'm a PC folk with gamepass and I started playing The Ascent last night, my first impression wasn't so hot, it seemed like a sludgey looking dungeon crawler in a techy future, I was about to uninstall it, but I decided to give it another shot tonight (also switching from controller to mouse and keyboard) and I got out of the tutorial area and into the main city where the real Cyberpunk vibes kicked in, and man am I glad I didn't write it off, had a ton of fun exploring and then running the first mission. I'm still getting the hang of the systems but I sunk a solid 3 hours in and I'm really looking forward to playing more.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Forza Horizon 5 is amazing. Don't forget to enable performance mode so you get the 60fps. That is all.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hello friends, Call of Duty Vanguard is out now and I have a team at Lab42 that worked very, very hard on the campaign so I hope the small handful of people that still buy those games here and play the campaigns enjoy it!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

‘Grats to the team, hope it’s well received. I’ve always liked CoD campaigns bar 1 or 2.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

caldrax posted:

I'm a PC folk with gamepass and I started playing The Ascent last night, my first impression wasn't so hot, it seemed like a sludgey looking dungeon crawler in a techy future, I was about to uninstall it, but I decided to give it another shot tonight (also switching from controller to mouse and keyboard) and I got out of the tutorial area and into the main city where the real Cyberpunk vibes kicked in, and man am I glad I didn't write it off, had a ton of fun exploring and then running the first mission. I'm still getting the hang of the systems but I sunk a solid 3 hours in and I'm really looking forward to playing more.

It was good at first, but the environments are so big, you spend 20 minutes of your time getting to mission locations for 5 minutes of shooting, even with the limited fast travel. I gave up after getting to the third floor.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

caldrax posted:

Enjoy it! I sunk several hours into the Ascent before finally giving up on it because it's really really bad about warning you that the required level to play mission isn't actually the required level.

I got to something like level 20 on my character and was trying to progress the story mission which was level 20 and I kept getting wiped out by enemies. Also this happens just in general when walking from one place to another because oops, the route to that mission takes you through a whole bunch of enemies that are way higher level than you.

Also fiddly UI poo poo. Basically I'm glad it's on Gamepass and I didn't drop $60 on it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The game is also hideously unbalanced. There is an extremely early augment that makes you shoot your gun as fast as possible and with 100% accuracy. There are many, many guns in the game whose gimmick is they have lots of bullets but aren't super accurate. You may see how these two things combine to let you devestate everything in the game except the spiderboss, who I believe they patched to be a less ridiculous difficulty spike in the mid game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

ixnay posted:

If you have game pass you can get the $45 premium bundle and it gives you the DLC expansions and car pass plus the early access without having to buy the whole game.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/forza-horizon-5-premium-add-ons-bundle/9MZ0SR207MG8/0017

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted, since I can spend my rewards funbux on it!