Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

And a big money clue.

To be fair, I can easily see that being a triple stumper when every contestant is over 45 (so like half the time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I somehow got it immediately (never happens with art) but was sitting here desperately trying to remember the artist's name....not reading the clue to realize they wanted the painting's name that I was saying over and over.
I did the same thing! I answered Munch right away and was going over it again in my head to make sure I wasn't mixing him up with a different artist and then about halfway through the song I reread the clue and realized they were asking for the painting.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rodgers really tanked his goodwill with me this week.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zesty posted:

Rodgers really tanked his goodwill with me this week.

I forgot he's a chemtrails guy until Drew Magary talked about it in a piece yesterday.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Athletes can have the full spectrum of smart to ridiculous points of view, but lying about your vaccination status firmly puts him in the scumbag bucket.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I somehow got it immediately (never happens with art) but was sitting here desperately trying to remember the artist's name....not reading the clue to realize they wanted the painting's name that I was saying over and over.

Yeah this was one where you either could piece together "Oslo" and "madman" or you couldn't, but I think it could have used another revision to make clearer that it was looking for the painting rather than the artist. Fortunately nobody on the show got that confused, that would have hurt a lot

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Tony speaks like the avatar of ambien.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dienes posted:

Tony speaks like the avatar of ambien.

He reminded me a bit of Mr. Homn.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Absolutely incensed the contestant didn't say "Who is Scooby Doo?" like Norm MacDonald as Burt Reynolds.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
“Scooby Doo, where are you?”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So... the judge reversal for whip... Thoughts?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Depreciation yes, whip no. I wonder if the guy was like "but what about whip" when they took his points away

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The problem is he said "a whip" not "whip". I'm okay with the ruling.

What I'm not okay with is having a host accept two nouns out of five responses in a category asking for verbs. Alex would have never accepted either answer.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Oh, I missed the "a" in there. Also annoying was the Double Jeopardy where the guy ran out of time without an additional prompt, yet again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Aight, I didn't notice the "a" either. Good ear.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I also did double check it on j-archive just in case because I wasn’t 100% sure I heard right and didn’t want to say something wrong here.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

HookShot posted:

The problem is he said "a whip" not "whip". I'm okay with the ruling.

What I'm not okay with is having a host accept two nouns out of five responses in a category asking for verbs. Alex would have never accepted either answer.

Dude had decades of experience you think he never slipped up in the early days?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Harold Fjord posted:

Dude had decades of experience you think he never slipped up in the early days?

He obviously did, but also I picked both of the errors during the game, and said to Mr. Hookshot they'd reverse them both. People who actually know Jeopardy can pick those errors. Buzzy or Ken wouldn't have let it go, and it's one of the reasons why she is not a good host. This isn't a show that's a year old, it's a show that's 38 years old, and part of the host's job is a seamless transition. Which I know at this point is a ship that has long since sailed, but them picking Biyalik makes it less seamless with every passing day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1456675894651756545?s=20

The tweet doesn't give the direct quote but he said: "I'm a critical thinker like Joe Rogan."

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 5, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Groovelord Neato posted:

The tweet doesn't give the direct quote but he said: "I'm a critical thinker like Joe Rogan."

Well, he made it worse.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Well, he made it worse.

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1456671350022619142?s=20

I keep thinking "they coulda just given it to Ken".

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 5, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
At this point but give it to James :kheldragar:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/1456700425021755400?s=20

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How close was Jeopardy to having an out and out anti vaccination QAnnon lover as host.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

davecrazy posted:

How close was Jeopardy to having an out and out anti vaccination QAnnon lover as host.

Really dodged half a bullet there!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

There are falls from grace and then there is plummeting out of an office window from near the top of the World Trade Center. gently caress Rodgers.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

I'll take his word for it.

Guess Vietnam wasn't good PR for Final's answer

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess when you get pounded into the ground for years since you have no offensive line to speak of your brain turns to useless goop.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

davecrazy posted:

I have some bad news for you.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Goddamn, why did I think he was such an affable host?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
He was affable, and that one time someone missed a clue about the Packers displayed more personality than any of the other hosts ever did

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You can be both affable and a complete piece of poo poo.

Tonight makes 3/5 games this week where I got final right away then either misread the clue or said, "No that can't be right." I need to trust my instincts more.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Today might have been the best I've ever done on a game of Jeopardy. I nailed all three dailies and the final right away, and there were only a handful of clues that I didn't have the answer too. Not sure if it was easier than normal or the clues just happened to line up with my knowledge, but it's always nice to get a confidence booster like this one.

Was glad to see Kate win too. Apparently she was one of the contestants sent home the day Mike Richards abruptly quit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

Goddamn, why did I think he was such an affable host?

Rodgers was probably top two or three of the ratings stunt hosts so you're not wrong. I did say that despite him being good at hosting I didn't want the host to be someone I know I'm smarter than and well...

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader?" but it's against Jeopardy guest hosts.

Get Merv on the phone

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CPColin posted:

"Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader?" but it's against Jeopardy guest hosts.

Get Merv on the phone

*everyone draws Ken Jennings*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh sweet Ken's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That was a relaxed and energetic game! Fun to watch.