Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Knormal posted:

How could they award Bird of the Year to a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You are what you eat, therefor bats are bugs.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pastry of the Year posted:

Don't post like this here.

If you meant to say "this person looks less bonkers and/or shot through with crystal meth than I imagined given the name and context," then just say that. I don't want to see you or anyone else posting the word "would" at a woman unless she's a cartoon and you're in the Cool World thread.

thank you

boner reports are such a waste of pixels

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Won't someone think of all the poles that have already been assassinated.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The General posted:

You are what you eat, therefor bats are bugs.

*picks up Double Quarter Pounder dripping with grease* Mmmm, delicious, healthy grass

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Platystemon posted:

This is the video that Pole Assassin released in an attempt to prove she was not negligent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMjQWhRa9aQ

That'll hold up well in court for sure.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's like $300k per kidnapping, barely even a slap on the wrist

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CUM-munion, baby, yeah.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Oh weird, it's not even about the second most famous Bowser in Nintendo, Nintendo of America CEO Doug Bowser. It is, in fact, a third Bowser not associated with Nintendo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is too many Bowsers!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

A friend studying law in a country where certain sex acts are illegal sent me the details of a doctor who convinced several patients that they were dying of some disease, and the cure was in his penis. It was a very sad and depressing read.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lobok posted:

I've heard of drinking & driving, but making beer while you drive? Hardcore.

Pretty sure one of the cars in Wacky Races is a moonshine still on wheels.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure one of the cars in Wacky Races is a moonshine still on wheels.

Wasn't one of the old meth cooking methods often performed with the active reaction taking place in the boot of a car being driven around?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Wasn't one of the old meth cooking methods often performed with the active reaction taking place in the boot of a car being driven around?

Shake and bake? Less you need to drive around and more you may as well cook in the car after you gather the ingredients. Buy, cook, sell/smoke. Ah, the halcyon days of buying or stealing all the mixin's from CVS and Walmart.

Jalopnik (?) had a pretty good story about buying former rolling meth-labs not worthy of the name. 0-something Cadillac CTS, wrecked interior. Driver drove while passenger shook up a shake-and-bake vessel, whereupon it broke, sending a shard of glass into the driver's neck. Driver has just enough time to stop before bleeding out, passenger books it and is caught later, car goes to impound after investigation. Buyers stripped the whole interior, covered in blood and toxic chemicals, to find out the whole car is still toxic and very smelly. Total write-off.

Now, I wouldn't really care about the smell and a few blood stains for a cheap car, but the toxicity would bother me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/seemsallbad/status/1456238204898664452

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
How can you possibly go through that much milk ?
Is this a family who famously has 2 dozen children or something ?

e: Bloody hell fire ! I thought a gallon was about a litre, but it's 4.5L ! 54L of milk per week ? ? ?

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Nov 4, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lady Disdain posted:

How can you possibly go through that much milk ?
Is this a family who famously has 2 dozen children or something ?

e: Bloody hell fire ! I thought a gallon was about a litre, but it's 4.5L ! 54L of milk per week ? ? ?

US gallons are inferior in size to regular gallons.

Also it's a family of 11 so they're going through 4l of milk a week each. The milk price they're talking about is regular price vs a special sale price they previously got and is not the crazy part of this at all.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
And "Nate"'s $3600 is 1290 gallons of milk or 297gal/wk, versus the stated 12gal/wk or $435/mo. Time to find the new bad with money thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Time to find the new bad with money thread.

Here.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
4L of milk is still an insane amount of milk.

e: well, maybe not insane. But it still seems really excessive to me.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I mean, each person in that family is drinking more than a gallon of milk per week at that rate - their “recommended” servings of dairy are being obtained almost entirely from directly consuming milk.

They seem to suggest they’re not even paying $2 per meal per person for their food budget, so perhaps that makes some terrible sort of sense - they might not be getting much dairy otherwise.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Lady Disdain posted:

They are buying 103lb (47kg) each week.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Lady Disdain posted:

Lived in a house with 7 people. If every person ate 1 bagel for breakfast, that's (more than?) a bag of bagels and a standard sized thing of cream cheese every day. Basically two loaves of bread if sandwiches are for dinner. poo poo adds up fast.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The General posted:

Lived in a house with 7 people. If every person ate 1 bagel for breakfast, that's (more than?) a bag of bagels and a standard sized thing of cream cheese every day. Basically two loaves of bread if sandwiches are for dinner. poo poo adds up fast.

Yeah, I thought it was crazy at first, but it basically works out to having cereal for breakfast and a glass of milk with dinner, which isn't really abnormal. The insane thing is just the size of the family.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The insane thing is consuming a liquid intended to feed baby cows and causing massive environmental problems to do so.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I mean, I don't even like milk so that's not a hill I care about dying on

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, I don't even like milk so that's not a hill I care about dying on

Milk tastes gross, but I'm a big fan of functional antibiotics.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's actually delicious and I wish I could drink it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

And "Nate"'s $3600 is 1290 gallons of milk or 297gal/wk, versus the stated 12gal/wk or $435/mo. Time to find the new bad with money thread.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i drink 3-4 liters of milk per week

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
milk is just cow cum

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Or is it bovine squart....

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
cheese accumulation

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Udderly delicious

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I don't mind oat 'milk', but the rest of the fake milks can gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004