Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How long before one of these fuckers unironically drop the "Fell off a guard tower" line?

The real sad thing is, almost every South American and middle-east could use the same argument against the US at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Definitely not a hate group Comicsgate equates being bisexual with pedophilia and beastiality:

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1451273732681617414?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How do these people think this is okay? Not from a moral perspective of equating Superman being bi to pedophilia and beastiality, I know how they do that, they're terrible human beings.

But saying the company you work for is about to start promoting pedophilia and beastiality and think you'll still have a job working there? Aren't right wingers supposedly in favor of capitalism and "right to work" poo poo usually?

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Skwirl posted:

How do these people think this is okay? Not from a moral perspective of equating Superman being bi to pedophilia and beastiality, I know how they do that, they're terrible human beings.

But saying the company you work for is about to start promoting pedophilia and beastiality and think you'll still have a job working there? Aren't right wingers supposedly in favor of capitalism and "right to work" poo poo usually?

Freedumb! It is a overextended sense of racial privilege, and that nobody can fire you for being stupid.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Skwirl posted:

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech, so if DC decides to wind down their relationship with me because of something I said, then they are violating my Constitutional rights!

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

They unironically believe that consequences are something that other people experience.

A good number also believe that they're part of a silent majority and they're just saying the part that everyone else is too scared to.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They need Mr. A to show up and throw some of them into dumpsters.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Claytor posted:

A good number also believe that they're part of a silent majority and they're just saying the part that everyone else is too scared to.

"Comic books are dying! Sales are in the toilet!!!" I say as six million copies of X-Men #1 are rotting in my attic, waiting for their chance to become rare collector's items and appreciate in value.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don’t think they don’t expect consequences, they’re just awful people who aren’t going to get hired anymore anyways for a variety of reasons, and they know that if they yell loudly enough about it they can get some of that chud money on the way down

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

They need Mr. A to show up and throw some of them into dumpsters.

Wasn't Mr. A an Objectivist? I can't say I trust his opinion on who does and does not deserve a dumpster sojourn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darth Walrus posted:

Wasn't Mr. A an Objectivist? I can't say I trust his opinion on who does and does not deserve a dumpster sojourn.

Mr. A era Ditko's beliefs had some in common with Objectivism, but I wouldn't call him an Objectivist. It was weirder than that.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"My grandpa almost died in WW2 so I'm gonna go ally with the people who idolize the nazis"

Yeah dude I bet your gramps would be real proud.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"My grandpa almost died in WW2 so I'm gonna go ally with the people who idolize the nazis"

Yeah dude I bet your gramps would be real proud.

Maybe granpappy fell from a guard tower.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Time to crank up the grift:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1453105766341226507?s=20

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
"Guys, are Marvel and DC evil?" asks man in front of his hundreds of dollars of Marvel and DC stuff.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I am, by all accounts, a boring cis white straight guy, so I do not have my finger on the pulse of what "radical sexuality and gender ideology" might look like in 2021, but I am reasonably certain that it does not look a thing like what's in modern superhero comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why the gently caress would the government fund pushing "radical gender and sexuality identity"?

Like Joe Biden is probably about as friendly to lgbtq people as you can expect a man of his age and social station to be, but it's not a executive agenda to improve things for those groups. He'll automatically do stuff that has no downside, like re-instating protections Trump removed, but he ain't gonna push for sweeping change.

Also, huge waste of money to push that radical agenda through comics, since as EVS can attest, comics are a dying medium.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Does he think the Trump government was giving secret money to DC and Marvel to push radical gender and sexual ideology?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

Does he think the Trump government was giving secret money to DC and Marvel to push radical gender and sexual ideology?

Even though Donald Trump was President for four years and in charge of the military, he was powerless in the face of the DEEP STATE.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

E the Shaggy posted:

Even though Donald Trump was President for four years and in charge of the military, he was powerless in the face of the DEEP STATE.

But wait. I thought DT is still the president. So that would make Bidens agenda technically trumps agenda. I can't keep all these conspiracies straight anymore.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Hooo boy

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1456393371283562496?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You could swap in 'conservative' in place of 'progressive' in that last tweet and it could be CyberFrog.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Yes, Disney is broke and in debt.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The poor hedge fund managers, legally required to invest in unprofitable progressive companies. Required by the ESG, a program to prevent homelessness.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Didn’t he start this grift during Trump’s term? So this leftist plot forcing companies to get woke was conducted by… the Trump administration?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I've been seeing a lot of tweets by people in CG circles saying that Image Comics is on the verge of bankruptcy and I'm pretty sure they've made it up out of wholecloth. I guess it's based on the fact that they're not doing reprints any more because of rising paper prices? These tweets never go into any detail or cite sources, so who can say. :shrug:

I think if there is any company that should be able to avoid financial ruin, it's an infinitely scalable company with a small backend like Image Comics.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Or they’re saying it because “unions bad”.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

IUG posted:

That was definitely the impetus for them coming out of the woodwork, but the vibe I get from these CGers' tweets is that this is a long-standing belief of theirs.

Maybe they're trying to wish it into existence.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

this is so loving dumb. big media corporations are culturally “woke” because they’ve concluded that there’s more money to be made that way, there’s no shadowy conspiracy behind it all

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

JordanKai posted:

That was definitely the impetus for them coming out of the woodwork, but the vibe I get from these CGers' tweets is that this is a long-standing belief of theirs.

For fascists, their enemy must be simultaneously overwhelmingly powerful, but also about to topple at any moment. It's the only way their self-contradictory dogma can work. So Image Comics is one of their big, powerful foes... that will also collapse into bankruptcy aaaaaaanny second now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

IUG posted:

CG people hate Image because it's exactly what they want to be: a group of creators who broke loose from the Big Two to get greater creative freedom and more money. (We'll ignore for a moment here that Liefeld et al jumped rather than get pushed; the CG narrative has always been somewhere between "they didn't fire me, I quit" and "they fired me because I wanted to quit".) They need Image to fail because they themselves have failed.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Kurui Reiten posted:

For fascists, their enemy must be simultaneously overwhelmingly powerful, but also about to topple at any moment. It's the only way their self-contradictory dogma can work. So Image Comics is one of their big, powerful foes... that will also collapse into bankruptcy aaaaaaanny second now.

No more fantastic than JFK jr is going to appear in Dallas. “It was all a scheme against the deep state”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm guessing a lot of CG people do think "unions bad" as well.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

TampaTango posted:

No more fantastic than JFK jr is going to appear in Dallas. “It was all a scheme against the deep state”

I thought it was supposed to be Sr.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

I thought it was supposed to be Sr.

It was both .

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

this is so loving dumb. big media corporations are culturally “woke” because they’ve concluded that there’s more money to be made that way, there’s no shadowy conspiracy behind it all

Ah, but if they are now woke then they must also be going broke. :smug: Like how Shang-Chi made... wait, it how much? Oh. Hm.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Ah, but if they are now woke then they must also be going broke. :smug: Like how Shang-Chi made... wait, it how much? Oh. Hm.

Eternals getting a “rotten” on Rotten Tomatoes has really hosed with their brains.

“Reviewers are…racist!…?”

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Remember, the narrative's reply to THAT sort of thing is "Disney is actually buying all the tickets to make it look bigger, all the seats are actually empty, this is true because I went to a showing in my podunk town in the middle of a work day and no one was there!"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Image comics running a union shop loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Image comics running a union shop loving owns.

not so fast my friend

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1456722750907768833?s=20