Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PeterCat posted:

Isn't it a little limiting to say that actors who are gay can only play gay characters?

Gone Girl wouldn't have been the same thing without him. He really added some color to that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Someone do the math and figure out if more time has passed between 1988 and now than had passed between the year in which A Christmas Story is set and the year A Christmas Story was released.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Will they work in an explicit reference to A Christmas Story? Maybe someone in 1988 will call it a bomb that will be long forgotten 30 years later, or the kid in the present will see it on tv and say that it sucks or is boring.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Even the trailer says Christmas Story in a separate color to the rest of the sentence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Someone do the math and figure out if more time has passed between 1988 and now than had passed between the year in which A Christmas Story is set and the year A Christmas Story was released.

Apparently they never actually give a year in A Christmas Story but context clues point to it being set in 1940. Since the movie came out in 1983 it still wins in that department.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently they never actually give a year in A Christmas Story but context clues point to it being set in 1940. Since the movie came out in 1983 it still wins in that department.

They never say outright, but there are a lot of conflicting things that make it some vague time in the 40's. Which makes sense as it's the kid's memories, he's only going to remember bits and pieces along with the most important part of all, and it was based on a book of various anecdotes. That's what NPH's character is going for, well, except we know the exact year the NES was released.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
This has a surprising "from the creators of... " credit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQQQI8Vuiy0

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Peccadillo posted:

lmao
worth watching the trailer for

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Snooze Cruise posted:

lmao
worth watching the trailer for

I doubted you, but then I watched the trailer. I don’t know what I was expecting but I yelped.

Nobody spoil this, just click.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Peccadillo posted:

Wh-….

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Peccadillo posted:

hahahaha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

(((big asteroid)))

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I almost didn't make it to the credit because the trailer was so boring, but WOW was it worth it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Peccadillo posted:

Should I know what that is?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anne Frank Funk posted:

(((big asteroid)))

Can an asteroid melt a steel beam?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

calling it that the asteroid will be a government op to steal the guy's land or something

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jedit posted:

Should I know what that is?

It's the amateur YouTube documentary that kicked off the "9/11 was an inside job" / "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" conspiracy theory.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A goon not knowing Loose Change smdh. You have forgotten the face of your father.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 5, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Gone Girl wouldn't have been the same thing without him. He really added some color to that movie.

Does that movie hold up? Only seen it the once

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

Literally watched this three times. When does it say from the makers of?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

Literally watched this three times. When does it say from the makers of?

Fifty-six seconds.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Does that movie hold up? Only seen it the once

Watched it for the first time a month ago. It's fine, I suppose it takes on new colors in light of the #metoo movement.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Fifty-six seconds.

No idea how I missed that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Peccadillo posted:

Okay, I'll admit, that one got me. You could have given me a thousand guesses, and I wouldn't have come up with that.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Lmao it’s so good because it’s in twee handwritten font against madcap violin music straight out of a Home Alone trailer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

From the producers of The Protocols of Zion

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Interstellar Elites here to destroy our way of life

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
They way that's filmed is so amateurish, it's like sub-Hallmark level cinematography.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Colonel Whitey posted:

They way that's filmed is so amateurish, it's like sub-Hallmark level cinematography.

it's like a student film from a school so low budget that they don't have a dolly so every shot is a lockoff

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

It is currently streaming on Amazon prime, it was not very good

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Much better than Greenland, as far as Amazon asteroid movies go

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Also you know how a movie is clearly shot in Toronto but for New York?

I think that movie was shot in New Zealand for upstate New York, it looks they're in like... Queenstown or some poo poo

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

It reminded me of a car commercial.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That whole thing confused me. Is the asteroid going to destroy the Earth? Just the town? Just that house? I don't get it.

It didn't help that the music drowned out half the dialog.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFrZZPtYrs

I thought this looked interesting, a single-take film set in a kitchen sounds like it could play with the tight timing and tension of food prep in some fun ways

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

That whole thing confused me. Is the asteroid going to destroy the Earth? Just the town? Just that house? I don't get it.

It didn't help that the music drowned out half the dialog.

I think the idea is that it’s just gonna destroy this one guy’s house, so the government doesn’t give a poo poo and isn’t helping? But then I have no idea why they’re spying on him. Then again, consider the source.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He's hiding all the people from the four flights in his basement and the government is gonna take them out with the meteor.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think its supposed to be the whole town, hence why other people are there and the whole line about the town not being part of the united states anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I gotta admit, the idea of the US Government surgically removing a part of the country so it doesn’t have to deal with an asteroid strike is kinda funny