Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rad Russian posted:

Interesting. Although wouldn't mixing involve "lying" to your shot provider? At least in the US. I just did a Pfizer booster at Walgreens and if you specify Pfizer for the first two shots you have to do a Pfizer booster. They also want to see vaccination card/evidence of the first two shots. I'm guessing you'd need to go "oh I've never had a vaccine and I want first shot of moderna please" to accomplish the mix which means you won't have it all on the same vaccine card.

No.

FDA has issued expanded emergency use authorizations for all three of the vaccines that permit them to be administered as boosters for the others.

Here is J&J’s:

Jacqueline A. O'Shaughnessy, Ph.D., Acting Chief Scientist, Food and Drug Administration posted:

II. Scope of Authorization

I have concluded, pursuant to Section 564(d)(1) of the Act, that the scope of this authorization is limited as follows:

• Janssen Biotech, Inc. will supply the Janssen COVID‐19 Vaccine, either directly or through authorized distributor(s)5 to emergency response stakeholders6 as directed by the U.S. government, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and/or other designee, for use consistent with the terms and conditions of this EUA;

• The Janssen COVID‐19 Vaccine covered by this authorization will be administered by vaccination providers7 and used only to prevent COVID-19 in individuals ages 18 and older with a single dose primary vaccination and to provide:
  • a single booster dose of Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine at least 2 months after the primary vaccination in individuals 18 years of age and older; and
  • a single booster dose of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine as a heterologous booster dose following completion of primary vaccination with another authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine, where the eligible population(s) and dosing interval for the heterologous booster dose are the same as authorized for a booster dose of the vaccine used for primary vaccination.

• The Janssen COVID‐19 Vaccine may be administered by a vaccination provider without an individual prescription for each vaccine recipient.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Rad Russian posted:

Interesting. Although wouldn't mixing involve "lying" to your shot provider? At least in the US. I just did a Pfizer booster at Walgreens and if you specify Pfizer for the first two shots you have to do a Pfizer booster. They also want to see vaccination card/evidence of the first two shots. I'm guessing you'd need to go "oh I've never had a vaccine and I want first shot of moderna please" to accomplish the mix which means you won't have it all on the same vaccine card.
I think some providers might be slow to adopt the government’s authorization of mixing and matching. I went from Pfizer to Moderna at a Giant grocery store and they were happy to do it without any misrepresentation.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

Rosalind posted:

Remember that Israeli study saying that the vaccines are less effective at preventing COVID infection compared to unvaccinated people with a previous infection? Well here's a CDC-funded study saying the exact opposite that just came out in this week's MMWR: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

Though this study included people from January 2021 onward, they did a secondary analysis examining just patients during Delta and had a similar finding. The sample size for that analysis was comparatively small, however.

I will note that this study is still subject to many of the same biases that affect observational studies: namely confounding and selection bias. In particular, I'd be worried about confounding by who chooses to receive the vaccine which may have a very different set of confounders in the US vs. Israel.

The authors do propose two possible explanations: (1) that the Israeli study was looking at positive tests in the general population, not lab-confirmed COVID in hospital settings and (2) that the Israeli study only included those 6+ months after vaccination. This could suggest that previous infection protects better against mild infection, but vaccination protects better against hospitalization.

I think there is another possible explanation: age. I'd asked about the Israeli study in this thread and looked through it (sorry I didn't write up a post). The study is here: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Only 4% of the cohort looked at in the Israeli study were over 60, while the study population in the CDC study skewed much older (~75% over 65). That alone could explain a lot of the difference between the two studies.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I don’t think there’s any reason to expect prior infection to offer much greater relative protection in older folks, though, unless I’m missing something? It’s not protection vs no vax, it’s protection relative to the protection offered by vaccination.

E: I guess there could be some survivorship bias for prior infection in the elderly, but I don’t think it would be enough to explain the difference.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 5, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stickman posted:

I don’t think there’s any reason to expect prior infection to offer much greater relative protection in older folks, though, unless I’m missing something? It’s not absolute protection, it’s protection relative to vaccination.

E: I guess there could be some survivorship bias for prior infection in the elderly, but I don’t think it would be enough to explain the difference.

We know that people with asymptomatic infections have weaker adaptive immune responses.

Old people get more serious infections, eliciting stronger response.

Coronavirus vaccines, in contrast, are of a fixed strength. Maybe a high dose should be investigated in the elderly in the future, as is done for influenza and some other vaccines.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
SARS-CoV-2 vaccine protection and deaths among US veterans during 2021

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abm0620

Everyone has been pulling out this graph.

The three vaccines available in the United States all, with time, continuously decline in efficacy against infection, and they do so at rates that differ from each other.

quote:

For the period February 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021, vaccine effectiveness against infection (VE-I) declined over time (P < 0.01 for time dependence, Table 1), even after adjusting for age, sex, and comorbidity. VE-I declined for all vaccine types (Fig. 1), with the largest declines for Janssen followed by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Specifically, in March, VE-I was 86.4% (95% CI: 85.2% to 87.6%) for Janssen; 89.2% (95% CI: 88.8% to 89.6%) for Moderna; and 86.9% (95% CI: 86.5% to 87.3%) for Pfizer-BioNTech. By September, VE-I had declined to 13.1% (95% CI: 9.2% to 16.8%) for Janssen; 58.0% (95% CI: 56.9% to 59.1%) for Moderna; and 43.3% (95% CI: 41.9% to 44.6%) for Pfizer-BioNTech.

It is my opinion that the graphs get more interesting from there, though.

The decline in protection against infection is similar for all age groups, in trend as well as in magnitude

The major difference in the under‐fifty and over‐sixty‐five groups is that the unvaccinated elders are more likely to pop positive.

Let us now look at the third graph.

This graph is superficially similar to the previous one, but the legend is very different. Note also the scales. X‐axis is time after each patient’s test. Y‐axis is survival fraction, and it’s a very different scale for the different risk groups. Almost one quarter of the unvaccinated veterans (blue) over sixty‐five years of age died within six months of testing positive, from any cause, compared to a twentieth of the vaccinated veterans in that age group who tested negatived (red).

For the under‐sixty‐fives, there’s is again a vast gulf between the vaccinated and unvaccinated veterans, but the absolute numbers are much lower.

quote:

Risk of death after SARS-CoV-2 infection was highest in unvaccinated Veterans regardless of age and comorbidity (Fig. 3). However, breakthrough infections were not benign, as shown by the higher risk of death in fully vaccinated Veterans who became infected compared to vaccinated Veterans who remained infection-free.

It’s interesting to see the grey breakthrough lines track above the black (unvaccinated yet tested negative), but only for veterans with advanced age or many comorbidities. The authors do not speculate on reasons for this. Missed SARS-CoV-2 infections in the unvaccinated group? Worse compliance with medications in general?

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 5, 2021

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Platystemon posted:

We know that people with asymptomatic infections have weaker adaptive immune responses.

Old people get more serious infections, eliciting stronger response.

Coronavirus vaccines, in contrast, are of a fixed strength. Maybe a high dose should be investigated in the elderly in the future, as is done for influenza and some other vaccines.

It was the study with a younger cohort that had greater protection from prior infection relative to vaccination, though.

It’s mostly academic because they all wane and vaccines are recommended regardless of prior infection, but it is weird.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Platystemon posted:

It’s interesting to see the grey breakthrough lines track above the black (unvaccinated yet tested negative), but only for veterans with advanced age or many comorbidities. The authors do not speculate on reasons for this. Missed SARS-CoV-2 infections in the unvaccinated group? Worse compliance with medications in general?
Quickly skimming that and if I had to make a guess, it's to do with the analysis being for any cause of death. For example, veterans who were actually infected with COVID reported more suicidal ideation (although this was before vaccines).

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...the%20pandemic.

There's likely to be a bunch of other influencing factors which we don't know without cause of death information and they only need to have an effect of a percentage point or so. The absolute survival rates being similar for under 65s and with no/few comorbidities isn't hugely surprising to me.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

How much is that graph showing "waning protection" and how much is that graph just showing the other side of this graph?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Owl, I know that you like arguments, but no one is claiming that that big ol’ inflection point at the end of July is waning protection.

The authors of the paper don’t claim that, I don’t claim that, no one in this topic has yet claimed that. I even had a sentence or two about not being fooled by that inflection point, and I edited to take it out because I decided that no one was actually that foolish.

The comparison is already on the graph itself. There is no protection provided by “unvaccinated”. All changes in the slope of that black line are due to a change in the prevalence of the virus in the community.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Rad Russian posted:

Not true. I started Pfizer and did moderna booster at a CVS. They just asked if I was sure I wanted to mix.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I've got my third Pfizer scheduled for Monday but maybe I'll rebook as moderna

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Platystemon posted:

Owl, I know that you like arguments, but no one is claiming that that big ol’ inflection point at the end of July is waning protection.

The authors of the paper don’t claim that, I don’t claim that, no one in this topic has yet claimed that. I even had a sentence or two about not being fooled by that inflection point, and I edited to take it out because I decided that no one was actually that foolish.

The comparison is already on the graph itself. There is no protection provided by “unvaccinated”. All changes in the slope of that black line are due to a change in the prevalence of the virus in the community.

You said "The decline in protection against infection is similar for all age groups, in trend as well as in magnitude"

But where does that graph show "decline in protection"? a decline in protection would have the colored lines slowly curving more and more towards the black line, not just curving downwards with increased overall infections. The vaccine lines all seem to end farther from the black line than they started.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

brugroffil posted:

I've got my third Pfizer scheduled for Monday but maybe I'll rebook as moderna

I should also say, the CVS website for booking has the brand of vaccination listed when booking so you can make sure you go to a store that has the one you want.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
NYS actually listed "got the J&J vaccine" as a risk factor that can get you a Moderna or Pfizer booster

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My sister pointed out that pharmacies may be only thawing a certain brand of vaccines each day, so Monday is Pfizer shots and Tuesday is moderna, etc. Not totally sure but something to keep in mind.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

My sister pointed out that pharmacies may be only thawing a certain brand of vaccines each day, so Monday is Pfizer shots and Tuesday is moderna, etc. Not totally sure but something to keep in mind.

I'm imagining a sink with some hotdogs thawing on one side and some packs of vaccines in the other.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

NYS actually listed "got the J&J vaccine" as a risk factor that can get you a Moderna or Pfizer booster

Brutal

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Got my 3rd Moderna shot yesterday and it sucks just as bad as the second. Myalgias, fatigue and low grade fever of 100F despite taking naproxen this morning.

I really don't want to get a yearly booster like this for the rest of my life.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Smeef posted:

I'm imagining a sink with some hotdogs thawing on one side and some packs of vaccines in the other.

Chocolate Moderna and the Hot Pfizer Flavored Water

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

MadJackal posted:

I really don't want to get a yearly booster like this for the rest of my life.

Then we should have loving eliminated the virus in the summer instead of letting people run around unmasked and pretend the pandemic was over.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/status/1456598629599354886

Seems like good news? Although I'd be interested in a take from someone more knowledgeable about these things than I am.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Sir John Falstaff posted:

https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/status/1456598629599354886

Seems like good news? Although I'd be interested in a take from someone more knowledgeable about these things than I am.

I don't know the details of these studies and how they're conducted, but am I reading this correct that 7 people contracted COVID, Pfizer gave them a sugar pill vs the pill that could have possibly saved their life, and they died instead?

Like, I get you need a placebo group, but man that's brutal to read if I have the correct take on it.

The results of that are great though. How many right-wingers who get COVID are going to refuse to take this Pfizermectin because politics?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't know the details of these studies and how they're conducted, but am I reading this correct that 7 people contracted COVID, Pfizer gave them a sugar pill vs the pill that could have possibly saved their life, and they died instead?

Like, I get you need a placebo group, but man that's brutal to read if I have the correct take on it.

The results of that are great though. How many right-wingers who get COVID are going to refuse to take this Pfizermectin because politics?

My 'i'm a moderate republican' Q adjacent mother will never touch a Pfizer vaccine but is looking forward to this pill.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Bel Shazar posted:

My 'i'm a moderate republican' Q adjacent mother will never touch a Pfizer vaccine but is looking forward to this pill.

For some reason, the word "vaccine" is triggering in a way "pill" isn't. As such, I suspect this would probably disproportionately help antivaxxers, but less death is probably still a good thing.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Yeah the Pfizer news looks like a very good news. The study cohort with the reported efficacy was high-risk covid patients, endpoint they monitored (the one mentioned in the press release at least) was hospitalisation or death. 89% efficacy compared to placebo with those if starting treatment at least 3 days after onset of symptoms, 85% if within 5 days.

Press release:
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizers-novel-covid-19-oral-antiviral-treatment-candidate

Derek Lowe's take:
https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/pfizer-s-good-news-world-s-good-news

It's an interesting question there whether combination treatment of molnupiravir and the new drug (paxlovid) will be tested, and what kind of 1-2 punch it might be. Both are coming at the virus from different angles, and combination likely reduces the chance for any resistant strains forming.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Sir John Falstaff posted:

For some reason, the word "vaccine" is triggering in a way "pill" isn't. As such, I suspect this would probably disproportionately help antivaxxers, but less death is probably still a good thing.

Yeah no complaint here just a very 'loving primates' moment

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

cr0y posted:

This is accurate in my experience. My local pharmacy provided Pfizer shots every day of the week, but only offered Moderna on Mondays and Fridays. No issues with mixing, although at least one of the pharmacists wasn't originally certain if it was allowed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Yeah there's been a substantial debate about this in medical ethics for decades. Placebo groups are great to prove efficacy, but you may be able to prove it without actually giving people sugar pills just by looking at individuals outside the study. At least the control group got standard care....

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
moderna stock just absolutely nosediving right now.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah there's been a substantial debate about this in medical ethics for decades. Placebo groups are great to prove efficacy, but you may be able to prove it without actually giving people sugar pills just by looking at individuals outside the study. At least the control group got standard care....

No I'm sorry but that's bullshit. Causal inference is nearly impossible without RCTs. Hell it's even difficult with RCTs. Randomization is essential for preventing any possibility of unmeasured confounding. External control groups open you up to the same sorts of biases that can affect any observational study.

Doing observational research in place of RCTs is how you end up with drugs that don't work or even harm people.

The grim truth is that we have to see if the medication works or not. The gold standard for doing so is an RCT. Patients in the control group are given the standard of care. Patients in the experimental group are given an experimental treatment that could very well harm them more than it helps them. Though generally at this stage of the research process we believe the treatment to be safe, there are many studies that have been ended early because it turned out to be worthless as a treatment or even worse harmful.

This is how the testing of new treatments is done. There are proposals and ideas on how to speed up the process slightly, but those are usually operating within regulatory frameworks. We do not have a better way scientifically to determine if a drug works or not.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Rosalind posted:

The grim truth is that we have to see if the medication works or not. The gold standard for doing so is an RCT. Patients in the control group are given the standard of care. Patients in the experimental group are given an experimental treatment that could very well harm them more than it helps them. Though generally at this stage of the research process we believe the treatment to be safe, there are many studies that have been ended early because it turned out to be worthless as a treatment or even worse harmful.

This is how the testing of new treatments is done. There are proposals and ideas on how to speed up the process slightly, but those are usually operating within regulatory frameworks. We do not have a better way scientifically to determine if a drug works or not.

And yet it's still not possible to do a test with exposing volunteers (who are from an age/health group least likely to get very ill) to infected people at different ranges and with types of masks in controlled settings to get some good information on actual infections. Every paper is still using models or data from the wildly uncontrolled infections in the wild.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

CeeJee posted:

And yet it's still not possible to do a test with exposing volunteers (who are from an age/health group least likely to get very ill) to infected people at different ranges and with types of masks in controlled settings to get some good information on actual infections. Every paper is still using models or data from the wildly uncontrolled infections in the wild.

Because a challenge trial is different from an RCT. No one in a drug RCT is deliberately given a disease; they are given an experimental treatment that the best available evidence (typically from animal and extremely small safety studies) says is safe and effective.

Deliberately exposing people to diseases is incredibly fraught ethically. Like one of the major fundamentals of modern bioethics that emerged after World War 2 is that we don't do that.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, challenge trials are grossly unethical. In addition, they suffer from other serious issues, such as sampling bias: people who volunteer for them tend to be those who need the extra income, for example, and such people may not necessarily be in good condition in terms of health, nutrition, etc.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've written up the challenge trial idea previously.

Discendo Vox posted:

I am trained in research bioethics, though it's been a few years. There are definitely limits to the scope of permissible consent, but the risk calculus is opaque here. I'd need to do a lot of research to justify a decision one way or the other. I should note that as someone trained in this, the notion of a "challenge trial" wasn't something I'd heard of before COVID-19. I do not think this is the way we've run trials in the past, even during other epidemics.

edit: I doublechecked my 7th ed copy of Beauchamp and Childress's Principles of Biomedical Ethics, which is kinda the keystone textbook on medical ethics, and the idea of challenge trials doesn't come up. Under the usual conventional interpretation of clinical trial research, participants need to have "a favorable balance of benefits over risks"; this is an element necessary in clinical research going back to the Nuremberg Code. The example the book uses is you don't use people with healthy hearts to test a new heart transplant procedure, which seems apposite; you can't even offer people the chance to participate in that situation.

The contravening justification for "challenge trials," an urgent health crisis makes this complicated, because you're weighing the potential collective benefit of a faster vaccine approval against the similar potential individual risk of either a reaction to the treatment or infection with the virus. Neither potential benefit nor potential risk is easy to measure. Historically, this exact sort of urgent health crisis framing has been exactly the sort of thing we try to avoid letting justify research. You really don't want to be in a situation where people with the power to run trials are able to justify meaningful risk of harm to participants based purely on a public good...especially when it's also to the benefit of the researcher/drug company that's running the trials.

edit 2: Art Caplan seems to be the person who's justifying challenge trials; I'm not sure how to feel about that. Caplan is a very, very sophisticated bioethics thinker, but he's also a notorious publicity hound and mercenary who was involved in a disastrous gene therapy study that got the volunteer killed. I think Caplan could make a sophisticated, reasonable-sounding argument for feeding babies into blenders to feed to other babies, and he'd do it for free if there was a TV crew present.

At a minimum, we should expect that the "challenge trial" framing is going to be pushed as a way to justify deteriorating clinical research protections after the current crisis is addressed. It's going to be very useful for researchers and funders to justify in an ever-growing set of circumstances.

edit 3: lmao the wikipedia page for "human challenge study" was made in May; the entire concept is definitely being pursued to damage ethical oversight standards, even if it has some prior historical precedent (which I can't find). It's Cheney's terrorist time bomb all over again.

The idea of challenge trials is being encouraged by this group, when I looked into the officers many months back, they were a proxy org whose staff were previously leading an org encouraging speculation markets in internal organs.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 5, 2021

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

Yeah, challenge trials are grossly unethical. In addition, they suffer from other serious issues, such as sampling bias: people who volunteer for them tend to be those who need the extra income, for example, and such people may not necessarily be in good condition in terms of health, nutrition, etc.

They are only unethical if you are a christian or suffer from another sort of terminal brain disease. There is nothing important about an individual life and we can always make more. I would be ecstatic to be vivisected -- it makes no difference from your point of view if you live to 80 or die at age 2 days

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

moderna stock just absolutely nosediving right now.

If I understand this article's reasoning, it's because the company revised its earning reports to suggest it won't be earning quite as many billions as it claimed before. Also, the company wants to do a share buyback.

https://www.fxempire.com/forecasts/article/why-moderna-stock-is-down-by-18-today-798131

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Rosalind posted:

Because a challenge trial is different from an RCT. No one in a drug RCT is deliberately given a disease; they are given an experimental treatment that the best available evidence (typically from animal and extremely small safety studies) says is safe and effective.

Deliberately exposing people to diseases is incredibly fraught ethically. Like one of the major fundamentals of modern bioethics that emerged after World War 2 is that we don't do that.

Yeah, not only that, they're still not some magical gold standard because the "ethical" challenge trials that some people were pushing for limit their design to healthy, young volunteers at least risk for serious disease and limit disease vector exposure to a minimum possible dose. Since we're most concerned about performance in higher-risk populations and realistic viral exposures, large-scale phase 3 trials would still be necessary following a challenge trial so there's not really a lot of benefit. Plus, you are absolutely not going to get estimates for effectiveness against serious disease or death out of any of the proposed challenge trials.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I love that the challenge trial org talks about the extensive use of challenge trials and their examples are all either opinion pieces, cases from before the advent of modern bioethics, or multisite studies of the exact kind that we most recently modified the common rule to try to stamp out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Challenge trials should be a reality show like fear factor where they dare you to do stuff like lick a covid patient's cat and if you're too scared (or if you die of it like a weakling) you get kicked off the island