Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zeether posted:

KEX engine Blood 2 talk makes me want Shogo on that. Or just like, any sort of Lithtech source port.
I cannot in good conscience wish having to go through the Lithtech 1.0 code on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

I cannot in good conscience wish having to go through the Lithtech 1.0 code on anyone.

I think the combination of Blood 2 and Lithtech 1 is truly unforgivable and should never have been allowed to happen

Also good lord, those leeches :gonk:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those games should stay buried. sometimes dead is better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

those games should stay buried. sometimes dead is better.

I live.

Again!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Kins posted:

Friends don't let friends Lithtech

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

catlord posted:

Use it on zombies that get close, that's my advice. Crouch and look up when you do it and you'll blast them into the air, it's loving great.

drat right I learned that when I was 12

Man when dad brought home The Plasma Pack Lil bro and I lost our minds

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Death Wish is Blood 2 now, it's better this way.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Crowetron posted:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Blood 2 was the worst tech demo ever made

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s funny that Shadow Warrior got the best sequels out of all the Build games.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That's true, it did. It isn't even a bad game on its own merits, it's just saddled with some really unfortunate racist poo poo and it's neither as incredible-but-really-hard as Blood or as approachable and well-rounded as Duke.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I enjoyed Blood 2 enough, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Kex port (and Shogo, please), however:

Crowetron posted:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s funny that Shadow Warrior got the best sequels out of all the Build games.

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project was really fun. That was the last enjoyable Duke game besides DNF 2013 mod :smith:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Halo is now Doom. https://twitter.com/Rocket_Pan_/status/1456519536438480897

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Every weapon in Halo shoulda been like this imo

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Ngl I would enjoy the hell out of a Shogo sequel

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Crowetron posted:

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Every weapon in Halo shoulda been like this imo

szary posted:

Two true posts, back to back and I don't even have the dual wielding power up.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

szary posted:

A true Shogo sequel would just be Titanfall but with the aesthetic design of a How To Draw Manga book found for a dollar in a second hand shop somewhere, and I'd totally play it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It also needs to be ludicrously explosive. Not in a hollywood cool way, in a "every shot I fire, even the non explosive ones, has a chance to cause a self immolating disaster"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Controversial (?) Quakepinion. The base campaign's got too many Ogres popping off in here.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mordja posted:

Controversial (?) Quakepinion. The base campaign's got too many Ogres popping off in here.

If fiends could navigate stairs or even slight inclines effectively, they'd be the most terrifying enemy iD has ever made.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Zeether posted:

KEX engine Blood 2 talk makes me want Shogo on that. Or just like, any sort of Lithtech source port.
Wish granted, Nightdive doing KISS Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child EX

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Shadow Warrior mainly feels like discarded Duke 3d levels - and I mean that in a good way. The weapon balance is all over the place though, and then there's the super racist and sexist stuff...

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah shadow warrior has some cool weapons that I like but it's super racist and gross and is just like... The cringiest of the build games.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

All this Lithtech talk just made me realize that there hasn't been a remaster of the first *F.E.A.R.*. I mean the original still holds up; all you really need in the way of patches is one to make the subtitles bigger. I'd have thought that would be a no-brainer, but I guess Warner Brothers or whoever owns the rights now isn't interested.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah seems fairly pointless. Like you said it looks great still and it runs fine on modern Windows without any hassle.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I wouldn't mind a coat of paint on the original, deploy a logitech fix and better widescreen support, make the original and both expansion packs accessible from a single menu too.

I would love to get the FEAR trilogy on PS4/5/Series.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shadow Hog posted:

...I'd be absolutely fine with this and maybe even excited honestly!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I wouldn't mind a coat of paint on the original, deploy a logitech fix and better widescreen support

all of this is possible already with the PC version

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

szary posted:

If Shogo ever got revisited it would probably end up being one of those reboots that has literally nothing in common with the original beyond the name and the fact that it's an FPS with giant robots in it

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Shadow Hog posted:

Yes please, I still occasionally regret not picking up that big box copy I saw in a thrift store once. It seems like the exact kind of dumb I want.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

catlord posted:

Yes please, I still occasionally regret not picking up that big box copy I saw in a thrift store once. It seems like the exact kind of dumb I want.
I do regret not picking up the CIB copy I saw at Five Below, myself. Ah well, I have the jewel case (more like slipcase?) copy now, better than nothing.

Similar regrets: not buying that CIB copy of Daikatana from Microcenter the first time I visited it. I somehow doubt that was as much of a miss, however.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Really makes me wish I still had the complete in box copies I had of Redneck Rampage(that newspaper manual was amazing) and Unreal Gold, though at least I still have the ones I have for Call of Duty and the Shogo/Septerra Core bundle

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I had a CIB registered mail-order copy of Doom that I threw out along with a bunch of others, at some point in the 90s. It just seemed like a bunch of pointless clutter at the time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Convex posted:

all of this is possible already with the PC version

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/F.E.A.R.

I know but I want an unified re-release with some fixes already in.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

drrockso20 posted:

If Shogo ever got revisited it would probably end up being one of those reboots that has literally nothing in common with the original beyond the name and the fact that it's an FPS with giant robots in it
It's just not SHOGO without the core conceits:

1) Mix of Giant Robot Sections and On-Foot Sections

2) Insanely Op Explosive Weapons which you will kill yourself with

3) Allies who will straight up murder you in 2 seconds flat if you shoot them

4) Some dumb melodramatic subplot about cheating on your girlfriend with her sister

5) Terrible Knockoff Anime Art

6) Cheesy as hell 80s anisong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--c7T6UDsqM

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://github.com/HFTSRedux/TS2Redux

There's now a mod which fixes up the port of Timesplitters 2 hidden in Homefront: The Revolution, and removes the requirement to actually play Homefront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDS2uFF_G8

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

repiv posted:

https://github.com/HFTSRedux/TS2Redux

There's now a mod which fixes up the port of Timesplitters 2 hidden in Homefront: The Revolution, and removes the requirement to actually play Homefront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDS2uFF_G8

Yeah saw that, though it still needs you to own Homefront, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mordja posted:

Yeah saw that, though it still needs you to own Homefront, yeah?

Homefront goes really cheap all the time. I'm even playing it. Nothing amazing but is worth the 5€ I paid.