Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are no Lancias in the car collector list.

No Lincolns neither :(

Qmass posted:

WHERE'S MY TRUENO!?!

collector list says Wheelspins, seasonal events, festival playlist, or forzathon shop

e: the turbo alone on the F450 adds 496hp and 1097ft/lbs of torque.

It also rips through 6 gears before 60mph.

e2: get hardcore NFS hot pursuit vibes from the northern road.

e3: HALLELUJAH! you can have distance in kms and power in horsepower! only been asking for that for like 15 forza games

Powershift fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

GolfHole posted:

Had a lot better stability after installing the newest graphics drivers.

Thanks for the tip. According to the GeForce™ Doritos® Experience© I'm up to date, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for newer stuff.

It's the exact same mysterious crash I was getting in MSFS for a while, which disappeared in equally mysterious fashion.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

This game is beautiful, and Mexico is the perfect setting! i can't believe how much more I'm enjoying the terrain in this one.

I'll sign up for GRCC as soon as I'm back in the game later on. Same username as here.

Athaboros fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 5, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GolfHole posted:

Had a lot better stability after installing the newest graphics drivers.

new Graphics drivers, Run as admin delete save file , reinstall, reboot whatever.. still crashes on first missions on completion.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Okay, got the premium upgrade for gamepass! Thanks to everyone who pointed that out. The different editions with GP always confuse me and I never know what to buy.

How do I join this GNRC club! I want to partake in vehicle based goon shenanigans!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only problem I was running into last night was multiplayer races, in between matches, there was a very long wait time between the next race.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

metavisual posted:

Okay, got the premium upgrade for gamepass! Thanks to everyone who pointed that out. The different editions with GP always confuse me and I never know what to buy.

How do I join this GNRC club! I want to partake in vehicle based goon shenanigans!

Online -> Clubs -> Search Clubs -> search Goon Racing Club

I'm heading off to sleep, but if you do it soon I can accept the join request.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tater_salad posted:

new Graphics drivers, Run as admin delete save file , reinstall, reboot whatever.. still crashes on first missions on completion.

Hmm.
Standard tech support would be to mess with your settings for a bit to see if anything is causing the issue.

Might actually be audio-related?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
They gave us a stock car but the only oval in the game is a flat dirt one? :colbert:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

barnold posted:

They gave us a stock car but the only oval in the game is a flat dirt one? :colbert:

The soccer pitches have some decent pavement

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

my first try at the "colossus" took 15mins in a stock amg-one. the boring parts felt more interesting than the boring parts in fh4 but I don't think it rose to the heights of the previous one for me anyway.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

GolfHole posted:

The soccer pitches have some decent pavement

Still, Mexico has plenty of paved ovals irl. Let us have one, PG, you cowards

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

thoughts:

-the map is even better than i thought it would be, which is impressive considering i thought it looked magnificent. holy poo poo it's so much fun loving around in the desert, and it's so nice to have a map where 90% doesn't all look the same.
-there's no song on horizon pulse i hate this time around, which is nice
-overall this game feels like fh4 with a better map. this suits me just fine, fh4 was the best game in the series as-is and its map was by far its weakest aspect
-where the gently caress is the sw20 :argh:

Dr. Faustus posted:

Goon Racing Club [GRCC] is created. I will be too busy to run the thing but I will do club announcements like I did in GNRC, and give the Admin slots to our coolest driving doods, around the globe.

Sound good?

I'd like to extend Admin right away to Gutbomb, Kaddion (if you are interested) Cubivore, and I need help adding the right European and Oceanic drivers.

No special rules just like GNRC, except don't be a dick. Don't ruin the fun.

my gamertag is Captain Howdy 0 (that is a trailing "zero" on the end).

GNRC was huge. I hope GRCC FH5 can be. Huger.

I just put check marks next to almost everyone in my friends list who's ever raced in one of the goon clubs that I know of for sure. It was under the "recommend someone" section so I hope you all are getting your invites.

thanks for doing this, was gonna do it myself last night and then fell asleep in my recliner before i had the chance lmao

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the story that has you near miss 20+ cars on the highway can suck my dick, didn't even spawn more than ten for me. I guess you're supposed to go in circles to run out the clock?

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Kaddion posted:

I'm heading off to sleep, but if you do it soon I can accept the join request.

Thanks man! I still have to get through the prologue to unlock the online tab, so no worries! I will apply later today.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is forzathon live not working for anyone else? I'm in the relevant Nissan but it's not registering.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

-the map is even better than i thought it would be, which is impressive considering i thought it looked magnificent. holy poo poo it's so much fun loving around in the desert, and it's so nice to have a map where 90% doesn't all look the same.

I'm waiting for my brain to crack ping, because I definitely do feel like this map LOOKS the same.
Drives different, but is visually bland.

I had been driving around just exploring stuff, and hit the world edge.
A few minutes later I hit a different edge.

idk. Feels small to me.

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 5, 2021

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kaddion posted:

I'll be on for maybe another 2 hours to accept requests to join.

I requested an invite, GT chizmack
sorry couldn't resist, it's actually "tjiev"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
just requested an invite. I have a little smiley face avatar :)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GolfHole posted:

Hmm.
Standard tech support would be to mess with your settings for a bit to see if anything is causing the issue.

Might actually be audio-related?

I checked my event viewer
0xc0000005

it's access related but windows access checkup says everything is ay okay

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Incessant Excess posted:

Is forzathon live not working for anyone else? I'm in the relevant Nissan but it's not registering.

I'm getting objectives and managed to get into a Horizon Arcade session alone (netting me a whopping 1 point for filling one group objective), but the Forzathon Shop doesn't load. Still, even the daily objectives give you the whole week to finish now, instead of the 3 day rotation from 4. So it should still be possible to 100% this season once the game launches for everybody.

Note that some cars give out Forzathon Points as car mastery awards now.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

tater_salad posted:

I checked my event viewer
0xc0000005

it's access related but windows access checkup says everything is ay okay

Windows store apps sometimes break in really odd ways. You could try the following ps command as admin:

Snip

Apparently worked for some people with similar issues in other games

Edit: uh apparently other people found that command breaks even more poo poo though so maybe don't do this.

Edit 2: if you want to try this then I'd recommend finding the AppXPackage ID for horizon so it only runs against that app, rather than for every app installed which is what the command currently does

Edit 3: removed unhelpful advice!

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 5, 2021

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Haven't had time to boot the game yet but these tales of crashes are scaring me :ohdear:

FH4 never crashed for me once in dozens of hours on the PC.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GUYS.. it was my Fanatec wheel. Turned it off & unplugged from USB hub and was able to complete first mission (Picture or VW missionset)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tater_salad posted:

GUYS.. it was my Fanatec wheel. Turned it off & unplugged from USB hub and was able to complete first mission (Picture or VW missionset)

Glad to hear it, and sorry for your trouble Mr. McDuck

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole posted:

Anyone know if there's a fix to the weird vertical lines that show up on ultrawide displays?
Happened with FH4 and disappointed to see it in this one too.

Bumping in case someone has an idea :)

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Huh, I'll try unplugging any extraneous poo poo. Thanks for the tip.

Again, getting flashbacks to MSFS.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Poor guy in the official discord kuz he's only got a fanatec wheel to use no xbox controller.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

so many different rewards seem to get thrown at you so fast it almost feels too fast.

I'm going to put 1,000 hours into this game, spread it out.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, I definitely wasn't sitting on millions on the first day of FH4. Wheelspins are too generous with money and not enough with new clothes :argh:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Best part of this game so far is right-side traffic imo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

game is really really good but there are a couple slightly annoying PG design choices like challenges that expect a player to have full assists (3 star on the first mission of Test Driver is almost impossible without full stacon/tracon, even for someone who has completed every major Forza game on Unbeatable AI difficulty with no assists), and no way to cancel Horizon Live/Arcade events means that driving even generally in the area of an ongoing one causes you to have the overlay and GPS route on your map for the next 10 minutes/however long until it times out.

maybe the difficulty thing is intentional to give wheel users an extra challenge with no assists (I play with a controller) but there really needs to be a button to either force quit an event, or a button press that you have to hit to opt-in or "enter" the event when you're near it imo. maybe there is one but if so I flipped through my menus and tabs and couldn't find it so it should be made a little more prominent

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

barnold posted:

game is really really good but there are a couple slightly annoying PG design choices like challenges that expect a player to have full assists (3 star on the first mission of Test Driver is almost impossible without full stacon/tracon, even for someone who has completed every major Forza game on Unbeatable AI difficulty with no assists), and no way to cancel Horizon Live/Arcade events means that driving even generally in the area of an ongoing one causes you to have the overlay and GPS route on your map for the next 10 minutes/however long until it times out.

maybe the difficulty thing is intentional to give wheel users an extra challenge with no assists (I play with a controller) but there really needs to be a button to either force quit an event, or a button press that you have to hit to opt-in or "enter" the event when you're near it imo. maybe there is one but if so I flipped through my menus and tabs and couldn't find it so it should be made a little more prominent

The Eliminator has this problem as well, play again is on A ie, the button you naturally press to get through menus and there's no way I've found to cancel out of the queue once you're in so I've done 3 times more Eliminators than anyone should ever have to do (1).

GolfHole posted:

I'm waiting for my brain to crack ping, because I definitely do feel like this map LOOKS the same.
Drives different, but is visually bland.

Yeah I'm having the same feeling, doesn't help that a lot of it feels like reverting back to Horizons where a lot of the map is full throttle so you're not doing anything interesting. I haven't gotten into the dirt races yet though and so much of their marketing was on "you can race through the jungle!" that I'm hoping that's where the more interesting scenery is.

Also absolutely agree that it's way too eager to shovel everything it has at you right away, I unlocked The Colossus within 2 hours and that's meant to be the grand capper to all the road racing stuff. I'd only done 4 road races at the time. It could really have done with 4's extended intro going through the different seasons and introducing the different stuff more gradually.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ruffian Price posted:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't sitting on millions on the first day of FH4. Wheelspins are too generous with money and not enough with new clothes :argh:

I bought sunglasses that cost as much 1/5th of a new Acura, worth

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Best part of this game so far is right-side traffic imo

Oh god yes

Edit: also sent an invite to GRCC

Less Fat Luke fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 5, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

still getting crashes all over the loving place.. tryign to get to a barn find and crashed several times I dunno it's stupid I have one more software thing that it might be but if it is that'd be real lame.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I love FH5. It’s great with a wheel on the PC and I easily get 60FPS with all the eye candy turned up to max (except MSAA only at 2x) at 4K with a 9900k and 3080.

The only item I have on my wishlist is for cars that don’t use a clutch to disable the clutch and H pattern shifter so I can fall back on the paddles for them, like every other driving game/sim does. Gran turismo has been doing this since gt5 on the PS3. It’s really annoying in modern cars that have 8-10 gears when my stick only has 6+R and using a clutch with the paddles is awkward.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

njsykora posted:

Yeah I'm having the same feeling, doesn't help that a lot of it feels like reverting back to Horizons where a lot of the map is full throttle so you're not doing anything interesting.

It's this. I think you nailed it.

Also that none of the terrain stops you, so set a course and engage warp 9.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Oh yeah auto-selecting manual modes is something that should've been fixed in Forza 3, let alone still be a complaint after the series has had 12 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

thanks for doing this, was gonna do it myself last night and then fell asleep in my recliner before i had the chance lmao
I'll admit I was shocked when I saw the CLUBS area open in my menus and when I took a stab at creating "GRC" it hung up in the process. I despaired, because some other group has gotten GRC before us last time. I was afraid we'd lose our GRC tag for good if I didn't nail something down right away; then I figured it's a Horizon game so TopHat and SynMoo and the GTCC boys might not mind if we borrowed GRCC for FH5 and I'm glad it worked out. Hit me up if you want anything, kids; I miss you.

Gotta thank the folks upthread who told us who only have it via GamePass to buy the addons. That was slick and worked like a charm.

And you're welcome, Cubey. We may not agree on much but I hope we both agree you should be part of running this club. Your passion for racing and for Forza is something... no one would fake.

Please remember we are going to be needing some Euro goons and some Oceanic time-zone folks to fill out the moderation/help get folks playing together.

All the current invites are caught up. I have a bunch of little things to do before I can log in and chase the Festival, but I truly wanted everyone to be really happy about our FH5 community. We finished up FH4 in the top 1% of over 650,000 clubs, and that's pretty loving amazing to me. 133 total members (as of yesterday) with a combined influence greater than clubs much bigger than we, sitting @ # 1,899.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 5, 2021