Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'd love a Persona 3 remake with P5R's battle system improvements and a revamped Tartarus that's less repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The most highly anticipated DLC expansion of the year is HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSEM_VTkpg

If Nintendo wanted to make the NSO expansion price a good deal they would have included THIS

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://twitter.com/robot_cousin/status/1456370074013483036?t=z3AHJAsN3eupj0yzIoOupQ&s=19

Can't wait to make more stuff, especially with the update and the incoming DLC. :allears:

This is cute; I fuckin' love this game. :allears: I have been loving this new update...I'm gonna go check out the new stuff on Harv's island later. The new gazebo options in the Nook Miles redemption rewards are perfect for the little bistro I have outside Henry's house. :kiddo:

The Postman posted:

Someone in the AC thread said you can pay Leif 100k to get rid of all of your weeds. I didn't play for about 6 months and it honestly wasn't too bad to clean up manually, but if you're still rich from turnips or something it's nice there's a shortcut.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, they're necessary for grilled sea bass :getin:

Yeah, I was gonna say, you can use weeds for recipes.

KingSlime posted:

Overall persona 3 has a pretty cool spooky vibe tho

I liked Persona 3's OST slightly more than 4's.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i've been playing voice of cards and, while the battle system is pretty dang dry, the rest of it is quite charming. a nice lowkey adventure about an rear end and the folks who put up with him. looking forward to checking out the new animal crossing stuff tonight

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Hilariously, I don't have a single way to cook available to me right now in AC, I just never bothered to buy a stove or anything. I have two microwaves, but apparently that's not good enough.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Why do 8bitdo controllers sometimes just... not pair with the switch?

Sometimes it's just that they need more charge but other times rebooting the switch fixes it?

I'm using the SF30 Pro if it matters.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You get a craftable stone stove when you first get the food recipes but idk how material intensive it is.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zeeman posted:

Hilariously, I don't have a single way to cook available to me right now in AC, I just never bothered to buy a stove or anything. I have two microwaves, but apparently that's not good enough.

americans finally finding out thaht a microwave isnt a replacement for an oven or stove

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Sometimes it's just that they need more charge but other times rebooting the switch fixes it?

I'm using the SF30 Pro if it matters.

They take their time, whatever they use to pair Nintendo isn't a huge fan of. I feel like I mash L and R to pair for several minutes (it's probably like 5-10 seconds) Nintendo controllers are instant. I have a pro+ and Pro+2 both behave this way.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

getting rich and building your dream home in an island paradise and then only eating microwaved food

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
where's the lie?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone had issues with the Switch not recognizing the dock after installing the most recent update? I just updated to 13.1 and nothing doing now

I never play it portable because why would I so it's pretty annoying!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone had issues with the Switch not recognizing the dock after installing the most recent update? I just updated to 13.1 and nothing doing now

There's a separate "update dock" option in the settings so check that?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Zeeman posted:

I used a stove in one of my villager's houses, ha.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There's a separate "update dock" option in the settings so check that?

I tried that, it won't run or check for an update unless it's docked, which it won't recognize itself as, so it fails.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I tried that, it won't run or check for an update unless it's docked, which it won't recognize itself as, so it fails.

Even as I wrote it out I thought "this might be a parodox..."

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

you tried unplugging the dock then plugging it back in? It should be pretty dumb but since it can get updates maybe something is stuck in a loop and needs to be rebooted.

Also did you update it while docked? If so it should have updated the dock at that time, did power go out while the switch was updating the dock possibly?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pixaal posted:

you tried unplugging the dock then plugging it back in? It should be pretty dumb but since it can get updates maybe something is stuck in a loop and needs to be rebooted.

Also did you update it while docked? If so it should have updated the dock at that time, did power go out while the switch was updating the dock possibly?

Yep, a couple times now; it updated while docked as well. Power was on constantly and things were working fine until the update itself.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I had an issue last night where I docked it after using it for a while and when I checked back later it hadn't charged. Oddly, when I unplugged the USB-C from the dock and directly into my Switch that didn't work either. Checked that it was fully plugged into the power strip and it was. Tried it on a different outlet across the room... it worked. Plugged it back into the original power strip and into the dock and it mysteriously worked again. No idea if this is related, but maybe try unplugging it and plugging it back in again?

E: Looks like you answered that while i was typing.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

I have a SN30 Pro+, Pro 2, and M30. The Pro 2 and M30 both work without issue. The Pro+ sometimes takes a while to connect, and sometimes the Switch will get cranky and not recognize it until I hold the pair button ontop, which re-pairs it.

I don't think my Pro+ is running the latest firmware version, but the last I checked the latest firmware releases were marked beta. I actually use it more frequently than my Pro 2--it isn't really an issue I'm too bothered by.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

American McGay posted:

You get a craftable stone stove when you first get the food recipes but idk how material intensive it is.

Thanks for this I just built a brick oven and it also doesn't seem to work. Like what the gently caress

Read After Burning posted:

I used a stove in one of my villager's houses, ha.

OK, time to be the worst neighbor ever, hell yes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot that the Switch goes to sleep by default, fully shutting it down and rebooting it fixed the issue :toot:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

ROJO posted:

MK64 handles very differently than every mario kart game after it. I suck horrendously at it after years of newer mario karts.

And before it, though there's only SMK which is incredibly fun once you get a few drift turns in and figure out how to loving FLY around the tracks. My SNES died a few years back so I can only play on the Switch emulator (which means no super high-level boosting techniques) and I just spent a few weeks updating my entire timesheet. Fastforward to MK64's arrival on Switch (and my first real attempt at playing the game outside of a fun w/ friends setting) and holy poo poo the karts handle like garbage

I was going to put in a full timesheet for MK64 because time trials are some of my favorite things (done for SMK/MKDD/MKDS/MKWii/MK8D) but it really turned me off. Gonna keep working on 99999VR for MK8D instead

gently caress you I like Mario Kart a lot

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Stux posted:

americans finally finding out thaht a microwave isnt a replacement for an oven or stove

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

100YrsofAttitude posted:

But goodness do the Aurochs SUCK. They can't do anything well. I can't imagine the losses I'm going to rack training them to be halfway decent let alone trying to get better players (iirc that is something you can do).

Some of the Aurochs technically turn into stat monsters at higher levels, like the Onion Knights in previous FF games. Like Keepa gets a 99 SH score at level 99. The thing is, it's not worth keeping them for that long. You can hire other players, yeah. This should be available to you right after the championship before you get on the Mi'ihen Highroad, in fact I'm pretty sure there are a couple of people in Luca that most guides recommend you grab asap.

You can hire free agents at any time you like, they'll have a certain salary you have to pay them up front to recruit them, which is x gil per game. You can choose how many games to recruit them for, so if you run across someone who's 10 gil per game you could pay them 100 gil and have them for 10 games, or if you come across someone that's 700 a game you can just grab them for one or two and build up some money for when their contract expires if you want to keep them.

That said outside of the championship game the Aurochs are decent at least except for Keepa. Keepa is loving garbage and you should grab another goalie as soon as possible. I think there's a decent goalie available in Luca right now, the only player I know of that's good to grab that's very close to where you are is Kyou at the Djose Temple, he's the guy on the bridge in armor. He's not too expensive and he makes a pretty good defender.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Don't go down a rabbit hole w stux it ain't worth it buddy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

:greencube:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Stux posted:

That bit on Giant Bomb where Dan Ryckert says something like "And if I wanna get fancy, I use the oven..." with Alex cutting him off halfway through the story to go "I'm sorry, did you just refer to using an oven as 'getting fancy'?!" is just me and my partner, respectively.

Deep fryers > ovens >microwaves. :colbert:

:patriot:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
And on that note I need to replace my toaster oven. I've been using a air fryer/toaster oven combo for over a year and that thing is surprisingly amazing. Haven't fired up my proper oven even once, I use it for all sorts of stuff including just heating up leftovers ( basic "toast"option seems to do a good job for this)

Still I kind of want a roomier one, my current toaster oven is pretty skinny and it can be a pain to make large portions or cook multiple items at once. Cooks way faster than my traditional oven though

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
A microwave can be really versatile if you use it correctly but 99% of people just smash the "add :30 sec" button a few times and nuke poo poo at high temp

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i stick to the microwave if i'm making something smaller like one or two chicken breasts or a grilled cheese, but i usually use the oven if i'm making something larger like a pizza

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

A microwave can be really versatile if you use it correctly but 99% of people just smash the "add :30 sec" button a few times and nuke poo poo at high temp

Some foods heat up really well in the microwave too even if you do nuke them, it also depends on what you're trying to toss in there. But true, you can definitely get really fancy with microwave technique

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

KingSlime posted:

Don't go down a rabbit hole w stux it ain't worth it buddy

im joking or riffing or something. don't worry about it.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Maybe they need to start issuing cookbooks with new microwaves like they used to do in the 80s. There's a couple of how to's that I still use from ours.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I'm not sure I'm buying this fancy microwave stuff. You're just throwing EM radiation at your food, possibly PWMed at really low cycle frequencies. Like sure some of the special functions are pretty good for defrosting meat by weight or something but gently caress you still need a stove/oven/(preferably) grill to acutally cook.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My life changed forever when I found out you can reheat leftover rice in the microwave if you cook it too long.

Like you know how leftover fried rice gets rubbery if you microwave it for a minute just to get it hot?

Well if you add like 6 drops of water and microwave it for 3:30 it comes out perfect again.

Other than that I can't think of a purpose for a microwave because everything else can be reheated by just putting it in the oven at 200°F

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Reheating pizza in the oven owns so hard

Maybe almost as hard as SMTV is going to own

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

My life changed forever when I found out you can reheat leftover rice in the microwave if you cook it too long.

Like you know how leftover fried rice gets rubbery if you microwave it for a minute just to get it hot?

Well if you add like 6 drops of water and microwave it for 3:30 it comes out perfect again.

Other than that I can't think of a purpose for a microwave because everything else can be reheated by just putting it in the oven at 200°F

If I need something to eat right the gently caress now microwave works, slightly wet paper towel over the food, works for everything. Don't get soggy food from the microwave again. (If you have the time please use a real oven or at least a toaster oven but I often get home late and don't care just want to eat left overs as quick as possible and go to bed).

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I can't wait to make pizza in Animal Crossing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Microwaved hot dogs ftw