Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Okay, that's fair.

I mean, I'm still convinced this is an excuse for Horikoshi to draw another muscle lady. "Oh, yeah, her power is super cool and lets her do things like create a giant naked copy of herself literally out of thin air!"

Considering those muscle ladies exist just to eat poo poo the first time they try to do something in the story, I'm not sure that's a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Valentin posted:

what's that you say? horikoshi introduced a new female character whose role is to deliver plot, lose fights, and make him horny? drat. and after his long record of fully-realized women.

a shocking new direction for this series

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Shere posted:

peak lame bullshit

This summarizes much of this series since incomplete Shiggy woke up but man has it felt more acute lately

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nonexistence posted:

This summarizes much of this series since wishing energy but man has it felt more acute lately

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Nonexistence posted:

This summarizes much of this series since incomplete Shiggy woke up but man has it felt more acute lately

I actually like some of the recent arcs. In particular, all of the heroes wailing on the Shigaraki punching bag right after he wakes up makes sense because dude was still incomplete and had no time to adjust to his new power set, and was being limited by Aizawa. I want to see Deku yo-yo smashing the gently caress out of him animated. I'm invested in that.

Loner Deku and Lady Nagant were strong arcs with some cool and fun fights as well, 1-A saving Deku from himself was also super compelling to me.

This, though? I don't know what the gently caress this is or what the point of it is.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
lady Nagant was just as bad as this

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think your earlier guess is probably going to end up being true.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

skipmyseashells posted:

lady Nagant was just as bad as this

I'm still reeling over Nagant, because the ending to that arc was so hilariously terrible. Nagant is convinced to stop fighting by Deku being so gosh-darn heroic. AfO detonates his trap bomb. Nagant heroically gives the heroes information despite blowing up(which she survives, somehow). The heroes follow Nagant's information...and it was absolutely nothing but a bullshit deadend troll trap set by AfO that ends in a big explosion that kills/injures none of the investigators, provides no leads or story advancement, and renders Nagant's dying heroism completely pointless.

In a competition for "why did we do this again?", it's really fighting with the current arc pretty hard.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 5, 2021

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I at least found that compelling as making All For One out to be an effective villain and massive rear end in a top hat. Probably better ways to go about it than just mulching yet another new character but so it goes with this series.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We did get the One Piece Franky edit of that page, so who's to say that it wasn't worth it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I think Horikoshi might be one of those guys who likes drawing women getting beat up/mutilated/killed

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Shere posted:

I at least found that compelling as making All For One out to be an effective villain and massive rear end in a top hat. Probably better ways to go about it than just mulching yet another new character but so it goes with this series.

We had that stuff done better, in Kamino, where AfO clowned on a group of pro heroes effortlessly and judged them not even worth his time, revealed that his entire Shigaraki Raising plan was specifically something he started on a whim solely because he knew it would devastate All Might on a personal level, and then nearly killed All Might despite deliberately handicapping himself to a punchman fight because he thought it would be funny and ironic.

That arc even did it without introducing a brand new character to build up and then job, too!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Well, he's clearly speedrunning to the end so at least we won't have to suffer long

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Flesnolk posted:

I think Horikoshi might be one of those guys who likes drawing women getting beat up/mutilated/killed

That’s why he loves endeavour so much :pwn:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This conversation is going in an extremely weird direction

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Deku mutilates himself multiple times an arc so maybe he just likes mutulation without any gender qualifiers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Who was it that said we were jumping for things to criticize about when we saw this coming a mile away?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This was pretty cool and I don't think you end on that page with the assumption people are making

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Flesnolk posted:

this is a weird post to make

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Kanos posted:

We had that stuff done better, in Kamino, where AfO clowned on a group of pro heroes effortlessly and judged them not even worth his time, revealed that his entire Shigaraki Raising plan was specifically something he started on a whim solely because he knew it would devastate All Might on a personal level, and then nearly killed All Might despite deliberately handicapping himself to a punchman fight because he thought it would be funny and ironic.

That arc even did it without introducing a brand new character to build up and then job, too!

Yeah but he hadn't done it to Deku specifically yet, Deku wasn't even party to any of that. I think the whole point of that span of Deku on his own was to give him some sort of investment in the whole One for All vs. All For One legacy beyond just being told it was something he had to do.

I'm not arguing it wasn't a poo poo lot for Nagant, it was and it's the biggest problem this series evidently has: introducing new characters for a one-off arc is basically the unified version of every complaint anyone ever has about this series. It's the root issue of every problem with every arc from Overhaul to A vs. B and beyond.

The series is much, much better when it focuses on the recurring cast and the established conflicts, I agree.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

this is a weird post to make

You're a weird post to make

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
ur mom's a weird post to make

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Flesnolk posted:

This is definitely a weird thing to speculate, especially since we've seen both guys and girls get the crap beaten out of them. I think it's more accurate to just assume that Horikoshi likes body horror and violence in general.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
The post made me laugh though, didn’t midnights death only show her broken glasses

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn’t Moonlight just get killed off screen or am I remembering wrong?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Whomst

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Larryb posted:

Didn’t Moonlight just get killed off screen or am I remembering wrong?

Yeah, it showed a shot of her broken glasses and a ring of crying students in what would be a perspective shot from her body, but never shows what actually happened to her(which is unequivocally a good thing).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The big thing is that Shigaraki is touching her but also that she's touching Shigaraki. So hopefully something is done with that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kild posted:

The big thing is that Shigaraki is touching her but also that she's touching Shigaraki. So hopefully something is done with that.

She's already touched him and tried to use her power on him and it didn't work because Shiggy is going through an identity crisis

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kanos posted:

I'm still reeling over Nagant, because the ending to that arc was so hilariously terrible. Nagant is convinced to stop fighting by Deku being so gosh-darn heroic. AfO detonates his trap bomb. Nagant heroically gives the heroes information despite blowing up(which she survives, somehow). The heroes follow Nagant's information...and it was absolutely nothing but a bullshit deadend troll trap set by AfO that ends in a big explosion that kills/injures none of the investigators, provides no leads or story advancement, and renders Nagant's dying heroism completely pointless.

In a competition for "why did we do this again?", it's really fighting with the current arc pretty hard.

Not arguing much against this, since I absolutely agree and hate how that whole thing ended, but she also delivered Overhaul to the heroes which might end up doing something important.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This manga has turned into two 8 year old boys in the playground going "i shot u ur dead" "nuh uh i dodged regenerated". Captain America's quirk is simply this taken to its logical conclusion. Should've been called Calvinball, not New Order.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

She's already touched him and tried to use her power on him and it didn't work because Shiggy is going through an identity crisis

Correct but I'm assuming she has an idea? Like anyone who touches me explodes or gets frozen. But honestly I'm just grasping at straws

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Correct but I'm assuming she has an idea? Like anyone who touches me explodes or gets frozen. But honestly I'm just grasping at straws

I dunno, maybe she can make an order that New Order no longer exists and destroy her own quirk to keep it from him or something, but I'm not optimistic.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
her limitation with her quirk is mental, probably because she thinks she cannot surpass all might. it's why the one aspect where she can compare herself directly to him, she always comes up short, despite training significantly. if there's a last twist to this fight, it'll be her overcoming that barrier

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I dunno, maybe she can make an order that New Order no longer exists and destroy her own quirk to keep it from him or something, but I'm not optimistic.

Does she know he can steal quirks?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

Does she know he can steal quirks?

I would assume so, everyone knows he has All For One and I doubt that's something the hero committee or whoever is in charge would keep from the international heroes they're requesting help from.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The chapter was good. :shrug:

I don't think the fight is over since it feels like there's more backstory incoming and fights run on narrative not damage.

Wild speculation: She's gonna say "New Order has unlimited rules" and totally whoop Shigaraki into running away but the strain kills her. Wishing for more wishes is a classic!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
she's gonna lose her power but her last rule is going to be something that nerfs Shigaraki and he's going to discover to his horror that while New Order lets him create and change two rules of his own, her rule is grandfathered in and can't be changed anymore

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Shere posted:

Yeah but he hadn't done it to Deku specifically yet, Deku wasn't even party to any of that. I think the whole point of that span of Deku on his own was to give him some sort of investment in the whole One for All vs. All For One legacy beyond just being told it was something he had to do.

I'm not arguing it wasn't a poo poo lot for Nagant, it was and it's the biggest problem this series evidently has: introducing new characters for a one-off arc is basically the unified version of every complaint anyone ever has about this series. It's the root issue of every problem with every arc from Overhaul to A vs. B and beyond.

The series is much, much better when it focuses on the recurring cast and the established conflicts, I agree.

I think a lot of series fall prey to that, especially when they present themselves as an ensemble cast but make the ensemble irrelevant very fast. Yu-Gi-Oh GX immediately comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
So when does the master Gungi playing girl show up so Meruem.. I mean Shiggy can play while he dies from the poison that was in the bombs.