Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

SJR didn't really grab me at all. They removed the limit on your Demonica Apps which makes the game way too easy if you take advantage, I only got to section 4 but the new content also wasn't really to my liking, it felt pretty shoehorned in. The new portraits also look pretty off if you've seen the older ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

secretly best girl posted:

The new final dungeon only appears if you lock yourself onto one of the New endings. There are 6 total, classic L/N/C and new L/N/C. Much like Grus, it expands massively in NG+.

I wasn't sure if there'd be a new final dungeon because...come on, isn't Horologium enough? It's the best final dungeon I've seen in the franchise but it's also incredibly loving long. After that marathon and probably fighting Mem Aleph, a whole new final dungeon in addition to a new final boss which is apparently even harder than MA? Sheesh. I'm glad i got the OG Chaos ending.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kale posted:

Yeah but these things haven't always been seen that way is what I'm saying. You're exactly right though, it's just a video game and something to think about in that context.

The nineties were 3 decades ago. It should be shocking things have changed over that long a period of time

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

sjr seems like its basically the nocturne maniax version for og sj

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1456597196967534596

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

"Battle -Strength-" is a mad groovy track, and I'm excited to see how it's played in context. That being said, it reminds me of the Devil Survivor 1 soundtrack, and it reminds me that it's the best game in the franchise and nothing comes close.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where
Are
Memes?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Has Shipped Over 500k Copies Worldwide

This is only 100K below SMTIV apparently, and it took SMTIV a whole other year to reach that number so I guess this bodes well.

More PC ports, dammit. If they released IV and IVA together on Steam, I'd buy it and replay both games.

Also

Ya know, I don't watch game reviews but with ME Legendary Edition out, somebody linked that review from another IGN guy years go who said "gently caress you, the ME3 ending is fine." That also got Dislike bombed. Not really a pattern, just funny to think about.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Blue Labrador posted:

"Battle -Strength-" is a mad groovy track, and I'm excited to see how it's played in context. That being said, it reminds me of the Devil Survivor 1 soundtrack, and it reminds me that it's the best game in the franchise and nothing comes close.

You're correct

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Has Shipped Over 500k Copies Worldwide

This is only 100K below SMTIV apparently, and it took SMTIV a whole other year to reach that number so I guess this bodes well.

More PC ports, dammit. If they released IV and IVA together on Steam, I'd buy it and replay both games.

Also

Ya know, I don't watch game reviews but with ME Legendary Edition out, somebody linked that review from another IGN guy years go who said "gently caress you, the ME3 ending is fine." That also got Dislike bombed. Not really a pattern, just funny to think about.

I mean, according to another GeForce Now leak, Shin Megami Tensei V is going to come to PC sometime next year. This is a different one from the original though, which so far has been correct.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-leaked-games-list-pc/

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I mean, according to another GeForce Now leak, Shin Megami Tensei V is going to come to PC sometime next year. This is a different one from the original though, which so far has been correct.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-leaked-games-list-pc/

I heard rumors about this on Reddit, too. Kind of pissed since I spent $300 on this Switch specifically for SMTV.

I can only hope that, should this rumor turn out to be true, I can re-sell my Switch and make back some of that money.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Have you considered playing some of the wonderful exclusives available on the console

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

I heard rumors about this on Reddit, too. Kind of pissed since I spent $300 on this Switch specifically for SMTV.

I can only hope that, should this rumor turn out to be true, I can re-sell my Switch and make back some of that money.

Even if it is true, it might take years for a PC port to release. It's entirely your call if you're willing to wait an indeterminate of time for something that might not even come to pass of course!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All those great switch exclusives like....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

NikkolasKing posted:

1) there's a lot of switch only games that will never leave the nintendo eco system

2) lmao I bought a switch for fire emblem warriors

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gaius Marius posted:

Metroid Dread is really good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

youre posting cringe

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica

Gaius Marius posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Gaius Marius posted:

Metroid Dread literally just came out

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Apparently a decent PC can pretty flawlessly emulate switch games provided they have no multiplayer component or you don't care about the multiplayer. That seems like a surprisingly good option, for criminals

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/1456667678052163595?t=HwBDpNPShfrQgL5SYpH02A&s=19

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Three Houses owns

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Tae posted:

1) there's a lot of switch only games that will never leave the nintendo eco system

2) lmao I bought a switch for fire emblem warriors
:same: Bought my Switch, FE Warriors, and BOTW in Oct 2017. My library has grown since then, though.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Digital Devil Saga on Steam when.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I bought a Switch basically solely for Mario Odyssey (which is amazing) and Breath of the Wild (also amazing). It has since become my most used system, over my PS4 and my PC (to be fair, my PC is showing its age and won't play most new things even on minimum settings anymore). SMTV is just the cherry on the sundae at this point. The new Kirby game is gonna be the second cherry, because Kirby.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

wologar posted:

Digital Devil Saga on Steam when.

i would kill for this, even something as barebones as the nocturne hd release

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
They finally got to everyone's favorite demon in the Daily Demons

https://youtu.be/10gUt2iEbh8

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

His sidequest in SMT4 owned. So many puns...

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

RubberLuffy posted:

They finally got to everyone's favorite demon in the Daily Demons

https://youtu.be/10gUt2iEbh8

he's beautiful

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Of course he's level 69

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

They also had Girimehkala tell Mara he was splendid (or handsome, the word can mean either) as always. Girimehkala in mythology was the elephant that Mara rode. The Japanese comments are making jokes about this about how "splendid" being ridden by Mara must have been.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 6, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

so do we know if the 5 protag has a "canon" name like how Flynn does yet

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

His name is Nahobino, the forbidden being

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

No Mods No Masters posted:

His name is Nahobino, the forbidden being

that's just the name of their fused form, I'm talking the protagonist pre-fusion and when they aren't in a fused state :v:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I watched a review (not any particularly controversial one, just a review; Nintendo Enthusiast I think?) and I have a bad feeling I'm not gonna be into this one... it's looking a lot more "NieR Automata" than I was expecting, and I'm that one weirdo that flat out did not like that game at all -- at least, not the overworld exploration parts. In contrast, I'm really looking forward to the battle engine and all of the new animations/eye candy. You actually see Mara bust nuts now.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Got a message saying my copy won’t arrive on time. Looks like I’m getting a digital copy and keeping that one in it’s wrapping then.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Spiffster posted:

Got a message saying my copy won’t arrive on time. Looks like I’m getting a digital copy and keeping that one in it’s wrapping then.

Some people got theirs a week early, others have random cancellations, some others are gonna be late....

I'm s o stressed out since my order from Gamestop still just says "In progress.' Supposed to be 2-4 business days from delivery so here's hoping everything goes right and it is also delivered on time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

enojy posted:

I watched a review (not any particularly controversial one, just a review; Nintendo Enthusiast I think?) and I have a bad feeling I'm not gonna be into this one... it's looking a lot more "NieR Automata" than I was expecting, and I'm that one weirdo that flat out did not like that game at all -- at least, not the overworld exploration parts. In contrast, I'm really looking forward to the battle engine and all of the new animations/eye candy. You actually see Mara bust nuts now.

That's one of the last games I would have expected to come up in comparison to an SMT title. I don't see it at all and I was also one of the people that wasn't so hot on that game either and thought I was one of the few people in the world that didn't see what all the fuss was about. Something something Yoko Taro this something something Yoko Taro that usually, but a whole lot of fuss for what I found just kind of an alright game I got on sale and ran through pretty quickly. For one thing I can bet you this one is going to be a whole lot more unforgiving in terms of combat and probably end up close to the 80+ hour mark most likely.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 7, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm buying it digital because I have a hard time playing physical games and constantly swapping carts on my Nintendo Ring Fit Machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kale posted:

That's one of the last games I would have expected to come up in comparison to an SMT title. I don't see it at all and I was also one of the people that wasn't so hot on that game either and thought I was one of the few people in the world that didn't see what all the fuss was about.

I could be totally off-base with that, but it's just the vibe I'm getting. I also saw a lot of BoTW influence in the recent Elden Ring gameplay demo and people were like "wut"