Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Having a secret room sounds pretty badass, but if my husband planned that kind of project and then said it would be his own personal space, we'd have a problem completely apart from the money and the surprise renovations thing. If you're putting that kind of feature into a forever home when both people already live there, it needs to be shared or the other partner needs a private space that's just as dramatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Literally shouted at my phone "the technology is fire?!?!"
Break up with your idiot boyfriend, we don't have the technology to fix him

Yes we do: "the technology is fire?!?!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

deety posted:

Having a secret room sounds pretty badass, but if my husband planned that kind of project and then said it would be his own personal space, we'd have a problem completely apart from the money and the surprise renovations thing. If you're putting that kind of feature into a forever home when both people already live there, it needs to be shared or the other partner needs a private space that's just as dramatic.

I think the rule is if you have secret basement room, they get a tower with a secret stair.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for "exposing" and "embarrassing" my brothers girlfriend?

quote:

So I'll keep this as brief as I can. My brother started dating this lady "Jessica" in January. The three of us live in the same city, about 3hrs from me & my bros parents/extended family so until recently, I was the only member of his family Jessica had met.

One of my brother's favourite things to eat is this sweet potato and red pepper soup I make. The relevant info here is that this soup features onions as an ingredient - not enough that you'd eat it and go "oh wow this sure tastes like onions", but enough that if you skipped them it wouldn't taste right. I make this soup for him approximately once a week, and Jessica has come to love it as much as he does, without ever mentioning any issues after eating it.

So, the issue. My brother, Jessica and I traveled to bro and I's hometown for our grandmother's 90th birthday celebration this week. Our mum was catering it - specifically with traditional Indian foods, since that's where she and our grandmother are from. However when we arrived and I offered to help mum with the prep work, I noticed she was making several additional dishes like chicken nuggets, chips and finger sandwiches, and was keeping them well separate from the resr of the food. I asked what that was about and she casually said "I'm just making sure that Jessica can have something to eat with her allergies." I said I didn't know she had allergies and mum said "yes, she says she's severely allergic to onion, garlic and corriander." If you're familiar with Indian cuisine at all, you get why it would be an issue for someone with these allergies.

Except...Jessica eats my soup. All the time. It has onions, and it's never caused her a reaction. The part where I may have been an rear end in a top hat is I said this to my mum - which, if you're familiar with Indian mothers, you may understand how that could have been a bad move. She didn't kick off or act aggressive, but she did confront Jessica about lying and ask if there was something wrong with her cooking. Jessica just got kind of red and stammery and eventually admitted that she just "doesn't like all that curry stuff" but thought saying she was allergic would be less awkward. Mum got pissed off because she'd taken such efforts to keep everything separate and whatever to avoid cross-contamination, Jessica got pissed off because Mum was pissed off, my brother got pissed off at me fir saying anything in the first place. Everything got rather awkward and Jessica ended up not even coming to rhe party. They now haven't spoken to me all week, except for my brother telling me I'm a gossipy arsehole and I shouldn't have said anything, which...yeah, I kind of get.

Was I an rear end in a top hat? I didn't intend to cause drama, it was kinda just a surprised "oh that's weird my soup with onions in doesn't make her ill". I feel bad for ruining her first impression with our family and embarassing her.

Edit: people keep asking for the recipe so I'll just pop it on here instead of replying to everyone:

Okay so the measurements for the spices are all really rough cause I kinda just eyeball it but this is what I do to make like 4 portions:

-500g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped

1 large red pepper, peeled deseeded and roughly chopped

2 onions (I usually use red but any will do) peeled and roughly chopped

2tsp cumin

2tsp smoked paprika

2tsp chili powder

salt and pepper to taste

500ml veggie stock

olive oil

Preheat oven to 200C (idk what in F sorry), put chopped veggies in roasting tray and coat with oil and seasonings. Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until veggies are soft.

Place softened veg into a blender with hot veggie stock and blend to liquid (or put into a large pan and blend with immersion blender). The thickness can vary, sometimes I feel like I have to add more veggie stock here but sometimes it's fine. Also, I find it creamy enough as is with the taters, but you can also add some cream or milk here if you want it extra indulgent.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for refusing to go to my Brothers wedding if my Girlfriend cannot come?

But I brought you here for the edit:

Now, I'm willing to go on the record and say that polyamory won't fix most relationships, but I 100% recommend they steal brother's fiance to form a lesbian throuple, only good things can happen.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Teen Witch, I wanted you to see this image from the Vantasm: Post Pictures from Trashy Old Magazines thread.

Man, old Halloween decorations from like 40-50 years ago were way better than now (except for some of the cool Home Depot poo poo like the 12' skeleton or haunted pirate ship)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

A white person in the UK who doesnt eat Indian food is like the person in the US who thinks ketchup is ethnic food.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My [36] husband [32] is spending the day with sexy "coworker"[23?] alone in our home. Tell me I am not stupid.

quote:

My (36) husband (32) is always talking about other people. This one popped up from the internet, a "fan" of his business. And he is training her to be a coworker. He did admit he liked her because she is hot (he is honest like that). It got real and she came to visit (6h drive). This is the second time. First time made me really uncomfortable as well but he didn't introduce me. This time she showed up late in the day, looking like a young britney. Bleached hair and lots of makeup, nice clothes. They had dinner together and she went to sleep in the guests room.

Then this morning husband took her to our second home (mountain cabin) and they have been gone the whole day, no communication. I am home with my toddler and I really just feel like getting drunk or driving there to graffiti her car. I did tell my husband he could do what he wanted but didn't mean it. I'm going insane. She is young and good looking and looking for something since she already knew he is a married man. Give me some words of wisdom in a desperate women.

TLDR; husband gone the whole day to spend time in a house with hot friend

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Speaking of, there's a really good French documentary on the Einsatzgruppen - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6953928/ - that's available on Netflix and Amazon Prime. It being translated from French isn't such a big deal since most of the interviews in the show aren't in French or English to begin with. Highly recommended if you want to ruin your weekend.

And if you'd like to be depressed in exhaustive detail and at great length, The War Against Humanity series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?app=desktop&list=PLsIk0qF0R1j4cwI-ZuDoBLxVEV3egWKoM

There is also an accompanying WW2 in Real Time series with weekly updates. Highly recommended for getting the whole story in context every week.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I think the rule is if you have secret basement room, they get a tower with a secret stair.

Dammit helen stop throwing scraps into the oubliette from the dinner table, thats how they get spoiled.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Evil Willow posted:

My [36] husband [32] is spending the day with sexy "coworker"[23?] alone in our home. Tell me I am not stupid.

And he is training her to be a coworker.

:thunk:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Teen Witch, I wanted you to see this image from the Vantasm: Post Pictures from Trashy Old Magazines thread.

Can't decide if they play gender flipped Cramps songs or spanish Sonic Youth covers.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

quote:

I did tell my husband he could do what he wanted but didn't mean it.

lol what did you expect?

play stupid games.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

kntfkr posted:

Literally last night before his bath. First turd in the toilet and it was gigantic. We all clapped. He said "Yay! Hooray!" My wife was smiling so hard she almost cried. Yeah, I was self-aware for it. Got dark in my head real quick.

mine experimented with peeing in his penguin potty a few times but hasn't shown much interest lately. he has, however, started dropping into a power squat and doing a Goku Powerup pose every time he blows the seat out of his diapers, which makes trips to the park eventful.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

pentyne posted:

lol what did you expect?

play stupid games.

My "favorite" is the fact that she is alone in a country separate from her family. I don't know how many times these situations come up where a big barrier from leaving is having no safety net at all where she moved to. I just hope the guy didn't also confiscate her passport, since she is "his responsibility".

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Roommate wants to bring home transient

quote:

I don't know how to start is but I need advice. Maybe there is a better sub for this but I don't know.

A seemingly normal request, my roommate and good friend for more than 14 years wants to bring a girl home. But there is a twist. He was driving south on I-5 and pulled over at a rest stop to smoke some pot. He parked next to a car and that car had a girl in it. He took a leap of faith and asked her if she wanted to smoke, she declined but they got to talking and exchanged information. Over the last 2 or 3 weeks they have been texted and 2 days ago he came home and made more of a decoration that she was going to come visit and stay for 3 to 5 days before she goes to Texas never to be seen by him again. This woman is a transient. From what I have been told she lives out of her car and has been between and all over Oregon and California. She either has been living out of her car, crashing and staying with whoever she can or camping. I'm told she has a normal looking Instagram and makes her money by doing instacart. He said she is very attractive (out of his leage) and she texted some nudes to him.

I threw a fit. First off, to make a plan and promise to someone that they can come stay in his home that he shares because he wants to sleep with her before having a conversation and getting approval from his roommates (it's me and one other) made me very upset. He has only had one face to face interaction with her otherwise it's only been texting. To propose that she stay for 3 or 4 or 5 days open ened made me uncomfortable. She would be bringing a small older dog - my home has a no dog cause in the least and I have a cat who is actually ON the lease.

I am a trusting, kind, caring, compassion, giving person. I'm not against my housemates to having visitors and depending on the situation have a longer term guest if someone is in need or visiting from out of town or just needs a safe space to be safe in.

We had a drat near 3 hour house meeting last night because I am so bottled up inside on this issue, I can't relax the feeling of HOW WEIRD THIS IS. I made countless suggestions primarily hey man just get a air b&b for a few days. He really wants this and he really wants to be able to have this in his own environment. My other roommates doesn't want to be as closed off and wants to go alittle more with the flow. 3 to 5 days is now only 1 or 2. Instead of just bringing her over, they are going to go out for a few more hours for face time before she comes over.

Whenever there is a disagreement he need to make a new rule so that everyone is held to the same standard. If he isn't allowed to have a house guest for 3 to 5 days then no one is. I told him this is different. If it was a out of town friend, a ex girlfriend wanted to come stay and bang for a week whatever- that is totally different. Ideally if any of us had significant others no one wants they to "move in" and get to stay for days or weeks at a time we are all 32+ and if we want that much time we need to have our own homes for that.

I told him meny times that this sounds like a solo adventure, he potential is putting his roommates at rick and we have nothing to gain from this. I'm not paranoid but the idea that she could be vetting us to get in and have a secret boyfriend to come rob us in the middle of the night is still a thing. We don't know this person and he said she is vaccinated but I can't help but bring up the covid reality. He said at any point in time if it gets weird or uncomfortable he will remove her idmitetlly.

I was told to sleep on this and now it's the morning and I still feel the same. I can put myself in his shoes and I know why he wants this so badly and I know why he wants to do it in his own home. He said he would take all responsibility for the dog, the girl and if anything is stolen he would replace. I tried to compromise by saying get a room somewhere for a night or two so you can spend more time with her get to know her and have even louder nasty sex and then if it's a good as he thinks it will be - bring her home, introduce us and have a few days just to cuddle, chill, watch TV and bang.

I'm spoke about this too my closest friends and they all agree with me. I don't want to be mean or unfair but I can't shake this feeling in my gut. He wants me to trust him like he would trust me if I wanted to do something wild. I feel like I never say no to him because mostly I never have too but this is causing strife between us - yesterday it felt like he was ready to throw away our friendship for this experience.

I just don't know what to do. This is a communist household, we all have a to agree together on the outcome. My buddy want this so bad, the other guy is willing to give it a chance but only for 1 or 2 days and I'm still just stuck feeling like this is the weirdest thing ever. If you read all of this I really would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

I would like to submit to the jury that this is in r/RelationshipsOver35

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Imagine if at the end of the challenger disaster report documenting all the problems and points of failure there was a page break then the text "counterpoint: less time spent worrying about safety may have enabled someone to get their dick wet"

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

I seem to remember that as part of their Republican mandated cost cutting, houses were no longer getting individual boxes and it would all be big metal blocks going forward.

This has been more or less standard procedure for new development in Arizona for at least a couple decades, even in higher end neighborhoods that aren't tight on space for regular mailboxes at each house. Not that they aren't obviously cutting every cost they can, but this isn't necessarily new period.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA For Destroying My Wife’s Dad in One on One Basketball?

AITA for beating his rear end 11-0 in front of his mom, wife, kids and grandkids?? I knew after a few points I had him but he’s taunted me for years. I then finished his beer when I got back to the house lol.

Gd that is a loving power move right there :hellyeah:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

thunderspanks posted:

This is a communist household

This entire post is what I imagine every DSA meeting is like.

I added spacing to this one so YOU'RE WELCOME. :colbert:
AITA for getting upset my bf wouldn’t take me to the ER?

quote:

My boyfriend (M 20) and I (F 21) live together at my parents. I have been having some pretty bad UTI symptoms and went to a walk in clinic 2 weeks ago when I had clear signs of a uti and they sent me home and said I tested negative.

I woke up a week later with extreme hip pain. I spent all day on a heating pad and crying. 2 more days pass and then I woke up with the worst abdominal pain I’ve ever had. I begin screaming and call my mom. She says to wake up my boyfriend and tell him to take me to the nearby hospital (7 min) that is small, or one that’s 35 minutes away that would properly handle what was going on. I wake him up and he says just sleep it off. At this point I’m in tears. He says no and alludes that I’m overreacting (which I’ve been known to do) and it’s probably nothing because I tested neg.

I feel as if I’ve been stabbed and this is not the type of pain I can wait out. I even compare how I’m feeling to a possible bladder rupture because of how awful I felt. Finally he agrees to take me, but only if I let him sleep for 2 more hours. I understand that if it was some ungodly time, but it was currently 11:30 am , and he went to bed at 3 am after playing video games. I explain that I can’t wait that long and have no one else home to drive me. He turns over and lays back down.

An hour goes by of the worst pain of my life and I decide I will just try to suck it up and drive myself to the nearby ER. I woke him up one more time and I explained that I cannot wait any longer and need to go now because something is wrong. He snaps and says give him one more hour and lays back down. I storm off in my car and make it about 2 blocks before I realize I forgot my wallet and I was in no state to drive, as I was literally in so much pain I couldn’t focus.

I come home and lay down in bed beside him as I scream out in pain. He says that I know it takes time for him to wake up and I have no right to get mad. I barely utter out please take me to the one 7 minutes away because I’m scared. I remind him that I’ve driven 2 hours at 3 am on no sleep just to pick him up from the hospital and spent the whole summer helping him recover from his injury including bathing and wiping him because he needed me. He argues some more then FINALLY at 2:30 pm takes me to the hospital 7 minutes away.

It turns out I had an advanced UTI and infection in my bladder and kidneys as well as a kidney stone that was infected. I felt bad as I recalled my attitude that morning but I was in a LOT of pain. I do recall saying things like “fine just don’t help then” and “you’re being a dick” in rebuttal to his attitude. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

TLDR; boyfriend wouldn’t drive me to hospital until he got more sleep

The good news: OP already dumped him because of this. Unfortunately she didn't dump him in a river

edit: I don't know if y'all are as internet poisoned as me, but this one really bugged me because it reminded me a lot of Sabrina Abelina's recent video "My Pregnancy", where she details what she went through in dealing with an ectopic pregnancy and eventual surgical abortion once it ruptured. I'll post the video here because... it's good, and worth watching and sharing, but it has a very similar issue with an uncaring boyfriend who was not there for her when she needed (and was actively hostile at some points), and medical issues that were ignored by doctors and loved ones (because woman :shrug:). It's heavy. Also the boyfriend is Gus Johnson the internet comedian, so that's a fun thing.
Content warning for abortion and emotional abuse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXuo4fclcw

spouse fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 6, 2021

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

-500g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped

1 large red pepper, peeled deseeded and roughly chopped

2 onions (I usually use red but any will do) peeled and roughly chopped

2tsp cumin

2tsp smoked paprika

2tsp chili powder

salt and pepper to taste

500ml veggie stock

olive oil

Preheat oven to 200C (idk what in F sorry), put chopped veggies in roasting tray and coat with oil and seasonings. Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until veggies are soft.

Place softened veg into a blender with hot veggie stock and blend to liquid (or put into a large pan and blend with immersion blender). The thickness can vary, sometimes I feel like I have to add more veggie stock here but sometimes it's fine. Also, I find it creamy enough as is with the taters, but you can also add some cream or milk here if you want it extra indulgent.

drat that sounds delicious.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is an A+++ post because they posted the recipe and it looks fuckin delicious.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

TK8325 posted:

drat that sounds delicious.

Yeah, I usually can't stand when I have to scroll through a bunch of bullshit about someone's life to get to a recipe, but if the bullshit is the point and a recipe is a bonus? Mario Batali's apology pizza dough cinnamon buns have a rival now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

mine experimented with peeing in his penguin potty a few times but hasn't shown much interest lately. he has, however, started dropping into a power squat and doing a Goku Powerup pose every time he blows the seat out of his diapers, which makes trips to the park eventful.

Complete with the screaming?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
WIBTA for using my legal name?

quote:

My full, legal first name is 'Optimus Prime'. Yes, really. My mother was a complete nerd and my father was very, very indulgent. My feelings about it are complex and have evolved over time, but I don't resent them for it. They wanted to share their love of something with me, and I can appreciate that even I didn't grow up to share that love (I am not really into nerdy pop culture things at all).

My parents were pranksters, but not assholes, so they told everyone that my name was 'Tim', and I've happily used it my whole life. I think some people in the family assumed my full name was 'Timothy', but they were all content to call me by the short version. My close family knows, of course, as do my close friends, but 'Tim' is what I went by in school, in college, and now at work. My legal name does come up, but I generally just laugh it off, and luckily no one's ever made a big thing of it or bullied me for it. I get a couple jokes whenever a new movie comes out and someone remembers, but that's really it.

I'm getting married in a couple weeks, and my fiancee wants the officiant to use 'Tim' when he refers to me. I don't mind him using it for the majority, but when he says "do you XX take XX to be you lawful wedded wife", I want him to use my real, full name.

My fiancee thinks it will be distracting, and that everyone there who doesn't know (most of her side, and a few people from mine) will have no idea what's going on and think we're playing some kind of prank. She thinks they'll be talking about 'my weird real name' for the rest of the day instead of focusing on our union. But I think I should be able to use my own name. I mean, I am 'Optimus Prime'. just because I go by 'Tim' doesn't mean I'm not. My parents passed away a couple of years ago, but I know they would have been really happy to see me get embrace the name they gave me..and, yeah, okay, my mother would have loved that the 'reveal' feels kind of like a prank. My fiancee is right, I am just kind of springing it on our guests. But I don't want to do it to play a prank, I want to do it because I feel like if I just use my nickname, I'm not getting married as my whole self. But it is true that it will probably be distracting.

So, Reddit, WIBTA if I used my legal name to get married?

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

This guys parents were also Monty Python fans it seems.

Also, why doesn't he just use "Do you Optimus take X..."? That way it's not AS weird, but still his real name.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

I hope his speech at the reception includes "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

God I wish there was a way to collect old Halloween decor from here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Friends, family, and dearly beloved. We are gathered here to celebrate the union of the groom, Optimus Prime, and the bride, The Matrix of Leadership.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Bodnoirbabe posted:

This guys parents were also Monty Python fans it seems.

Also, why doesn't he just use "Do you Optimus take X..."? That way it's not AS weird, but still his real name.
Just have him hit the TIM in the middle really hard, do the rest a little quieter.

The officiant actually mispronounced my wife's last name all three (I think?) times. Not subtly, and not a difficult name, like just had it very clearly wrong. I corrected to the right pronunciation on repeating it each time and he still hosed it up. Made for a laugh.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barudak posted:

Friends, family, and dearly beloved. We are gathered here to celebrate the union of the groom, Optimus Prime, and the bride, Megatron.

Let's be real here, those two have always had messy ex energy.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

Imagine if at the end of the challenger disaster report documenting all the problems and points of failure there was a page break then the text "counterpoint: less time spent worrying about safety may have enabled someone to get their dick wet"

Feynman! :argh:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Evil Willow posted:

Lowtax???!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Let's be real here, those two have always had messy ex energy.
Poor Bumblebee, always a groomsman, never a groom.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Evil Willow posted:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for taking my bonus and creating a "secret" room in my house (complete with a bookshelf door)?

quote:

Hello AITA. Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on what was supposed to be a fun project but has turned into a major issue between my fiancé and I. I am a moderator on several other subs so I am using a throwaway so as to not cross the streams so to speak.

Last year, after several years of being out of steady work, I was able to land a really good job. My new company had an unreasonably good year and in late February I got a five figure bonus. I have always wanted a "secret" room in my house, I honestly don't know why but it's just always seemed so cool to have a room where I pull a lever, a bookcase opens to my private space. I figured with the bonus the time was right so I hired a good contractor, they tore down some walls and started digging up the foundation to our spare bedroom since the secret room will have a circular staircase to a new basement. The house was my grandma's and was given to me paid off when she died so I own the house outright and have full legal authority to do this.

Fiance is so furious at me she's thinking about calling off the wedding. She says that taking my bonus was wildly irresponsible and that we could have used the money to pay off debt, pay for some of the wedding to take pressure of her parents or even save. I counter with this bonus was essentially "found" money that may never happen again so we might as well have fun with it while we have it. She says that we are getting married, this has to be a discussion and me digging up the foundation and tearing out several walls in the house has made it impossible for her to live in the house. I counter again that its my house. The argument has gotten so intense that she has moved in with her sister and we may be looking at the end of our 2 year relationship.

Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

I love the little details in this one:
- started major renovations without consulting partner
- happy to point out that the house is "mine", not "ours"
- has debts that aren't getting repaid
- happy to let in-laws pay for the wedding despite his major financial windfall
- he says "we" might as well have fun with the money, despite it being spent entirely on him
- apparently spent several years out of the workforce, so I'd love to know what the rest of their financial situation looks like (ie, how much he's been sponging off her income for the past two years)

I'm honestly just boggling at how unbelievably self-centered this guy is. "Yes honey, I know there's a bunch of walls missing and someone is digging up a corner of the house. I figured that since we've lived off your income for two years, your parents are funding our wedding, we've got a bunch of debts and I've only just found stable work, it seemed like the perfect time to dump a bunch of money into a moronic vanity project entirely for my own benefit. You know, because I never get to do anything! Wait where are you going?"

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
Also:
-Got a house for free because his grandmom died.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

thunderspanks posted:

"... made more of a decoration that she was going to come visit and stay for 3 to 5 days before she goes to Texas never to be seen by him again. "

This guy doesn't have great judgement but you have to respect his crafting skills.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

thunderspanks posted:

Board that puppy and let the man gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

kdrudy posted:

I hope his speech at the reception includes "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

End of the reception: TRANSFORM & ROLL OUT