Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heavy Metal posted:

Let's not forget about part 11! That's gonna be darn good. Also, that sort of ties it with Jason of Friday the 13th fame, though Freddy vs Jason would bring him to 12. Though Hobbs and Shaw could technically add to the count.

I thought that they had previously announced 10 would be the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

muscles like this! posted:

I thought that they had previously announced 10 would be the last one.

Oddly enough, they announced 10 and 11 at the same time. F11 is very real, oh yes!

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-franchise-ending-justin-lin-1234811481/

https://collider.com/fast-10-fast-11-justin-lin-interview/

I'm pumped.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

8 is a real problem

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

They’ll crossover F&F and Jurassic Park.

Can't wait to see Dom drifting a velociraptor.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

These 2 finales are going ro be Fast 10 and Furious 10 in some kinda pun/gimmick way.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
They’ll do X instead of 10.

Furious: Ecks vs. Sever

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Fast10 Your Seatbelts
Fast Fam11y

VROOM VROOM fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 2, 2021

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fina11y Furious.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea Fast X is probably a forgone conclusion, it's too obvious.

Who the gently caress knows what they do with 11, that's such an awkward number to end the series on. Although it's not even really ending, that article says they're still gonna do "Fast & the Furious Presents:" movies after that, and so what's even the difference? If it's various characters from the Fast & Furious series then who cares what the title is?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Fast X Furious
Fast = Furious

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Yea Fast X is probably a forgone conclusion, it's too obvious.

Who the gently caress knows what they do with 11, that's such an awkward number to end the series on. Although it's not even really ending, that article says they're still gonna do "Fast & the Furious Presents:" movies after that, and so what's even the difference? If it's various characters from the Fast & Furious series then who cares what the title is?

"Where will it stop? Mum reckons 11"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Captain_Person posted:

Fast X Furious

Fast = Furious

That's it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Gaunab posted:

That's it

I can already see the = turning into the 11.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Fast x Furious = Family

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

One thing we can know for sure, the 11 or = will be made of two cars racing each other.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Snowman_McK posted:

"Where will it stop? Mum reckons 11"

this is going straight to the pool room

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

this is going straight to the pool room

"Tej was an ideas man"
"You're an ideas man, Tej"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Hey Dom, I built another car.

It's filling with family.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Dom reckons racing is 10% Nos and 95% drifting, the rest is just family.

Actually, can we get at least a couple of Castle cast members? Eric Bana's not busy.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Get Nic Cage and his crew from Gone in 60 Seconds reunited.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Vin Diesel posted:

My little brother Dwayne... the time has come. The world awaits the finale of Fast 10. As you know, my children refer to you as Uncle Dwayne in my house. There is not a holiday that goes by that they and you don’t send well wishes... but the time has come. Legacy awaits. I told you years ago that I was going to fulfill my promise to Pablo. I swore that we would reach and manifest the best Fast in the finale that is 10! I say this out of love... but you must show up, do not leave the franchise idle you have a very important role to play. Hobbs can’t be played by no other. I hope that you rise to the occasion and fulfill your destiny.

Source

The photoshop edit to make himself look bigger and calling Dwayne little is hilarious, but I hope the Rock does come back (hopefully more like his F5 version) because he does have great chemistry with most of the cast. Him and Statham are gold together and Dom vs. Hobbs in F5 is one of the best scenes in the whole franchise.

The Rock's probably going to be tied up with DC stuff now doing Black Adam but after F9 the absence of Hobbs & Shaw was really noticeable imo, but an argument could definitely be made regarding that being due to a weak script more than anything.

Unrelated to the movies, but reading that Vin's kids and Dwayne always exchange well wishes each holiday is adorable :3:

Edit - Here's a Vanity Fair interview with Dwayne from last month about the F&F drama, which makes it seem unlikely he'll take up Vin's offer anyway. It sounds like he was frustrated with how a lot of people were being treated, if what he said about the crew members thanking him is true, and Vin's own comments about tough love seem to imply he's a diva which lends credence to Dwayne getting fed up. I'd copy & paste the quote if it wasn't so big, but it's about halfway down?

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 8, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That entire paragraph will certainly not enrage The Rock

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
The gossip around Vin Diesel is that he's a nice guy but a major diva on set and can be frustrating to work with, whereas I'd imagine The Rock is all discipline and professionalism.

I can't stand The Rock and Hobbs & Shaw stunk but I'm kind of on his side on this one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If he did come back I would expect it to be for a monster payday because Vin needs the Rock, the Rock doesn't need Vin.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Much like a good band, sometimes you need a bit of crazy and eccentric. Vin is the secret sauce of Fast & Furious, and he knows what is best for this mighty saga. These gazillionaires can comedically slight each other, it's funny. I just need this mighty saga.

Also, The Rock was at one time aligned with Vince McMahon and was a heel! Surely his villainous deeds on TV are on record. He has betrayed many allies in what we call a heel turn. Dastardly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Didn't they "beef" last time they were in a movie together? And then it suddenly disappeared? Studio's probably just doing this for publicity.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/mitchaiet/status/1462627133524750337?s=20

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just needs When I See You Again to fade in and then it’s perfect

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i think f9 is the best entry since fast five. theres this energy between all the character interactions missing since furious 6. an endlessly watchable magnetism, and the specter of death hangs like a shroud. rip pop smoke

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I'm honestly convinced that the beef between Vin and Dwayne is just a wrestling promotion at this point. He'll totally be back.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I'm honestly convinced that the beef between Vin and Dwayne is just a wrestling promotion at this point. He'll totally be back.

I mean, it was more than Tyrese Gibson who said that they were getting along like oil and water during the making of Fate of the Furious. Vin seems to have settled the feud, but Johnson doesn't need the money at all (he turned down several million bucks for wrestling a match at next year's WrestleMania) and he seems to have settled into doing movies his kids might like.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Does he not care about his kids learning the importance of family?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I’m fine if The Rock doesn’t come back. He was only good in Fast Five when he was mostly an outside rival but otherwise he doesn’t really gel with the crew.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought he worked fine in F6 because it was his only time to hang and interact with the crew

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

With the way these movies are progressing, it would be a legit shame if the Rock doesn't at least have a decent cameo in the final movie of the series. Eva Mendes as well. Hell, with the way death has been treated, Gal Gadot and Elsa Pataky might as well re-emerge unscathed for the final Fast and Furious: Family Reunion.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I feel like the only reason Gadot hasn't been brought back is money, she's currently too expensive. The moment her career starts the inevitable downward slide Vin will be there to hire her for another F&F.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iamsosmrt posted:

Elsa Pataky might as well re-emerge unscathed for the final Fast and Furious: Family Reunion.

She better she got done dirty

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

She was absolutely done dirty since Letty came back. Fell in love with Dom, stepped aside gracefully, had his baby, raised it herself and got got for her troubles.

And honestly, with Cipher being who she is and how much they handwave bullshit tech, they could easily explain it was a fake/hologram/illusion/literally-anything and have it emerge that Elena was in on Ciphers scheme the whole time for some greater cause.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The way I would have done it was that the bullit didn't kill her her, just put her in a coma, either Nobody or Queenie just secretly squared her away somewhere with her reported death being a cover to keep Cipher from trying to leverage her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mr Nobody set that up to fake her death so the Brazilian cartel would stop hunting her