Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Edna Mode posted:

So just to make sure, if I have a family plan and upgrade to Switch Online +, all members of the plan get N64 games and the Animal Crossing DLC?

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there anything special you need to do be able to buy the new vehicles, like the compact car?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

flatluigi posted:

is there anything you can do with the cafe if you don't have amiibo other than drink coffee?
People can show up there for extra dialogue even without calling them

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Holy poo poo

Don't know why it doesn't have last night's or this morning's prices but still holy poo poo

omg that's incredible

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1456773827481022470?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is this game crippling? Cause I kinda want to test it out and see what happens.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the souvenir chocolate in the happy home store lets you invite your town's villagers to a vacation home

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

flatluigi posted:

the souvenir chocolate in the happy home store lets you invite your town's villagers to a vacation home

Oh dope, I was wondering what the purpose of it was besides just being cute (not that that's a bad thing in and of itself, god Wardell is adorable :kimchi:)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wardell needs to make a impression on me but I guess that's because I didn't outright talk to him. He said two words and just stood there so I just kinda went 'well okay then' and got to making homes/talking with the funny monkey fella

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Potassium Problems posted:

that's exactly the island I got, also there were fragments on my beach today from the shooting stars there

I got that island today, too!

Shooting stars, different kinds of star fragments from rocks, the switch from day->night on the boat, just great stuff.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
has anyone gotten an island in the opposing hemisphere yet? does kappn say anything special to point it out to you?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I just realized I can yoink the vines and moss from the DLC offices.

cats
May 11, 2009

flatluigi posted:

has anyone gotten an island in the opposing hemisphere yet? does kappn say anything special to point it out to you?

I got a spring island tonight, with cherry blossoms you could catch and a cherry blossom DIY bottle. I didn't notice anything unusual on the way there but on the way back there were still cherry blossoms floating in the air. Maybe they were there at the start too and I just wasn't paying attention.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Pianist On Strike posted:

I got a spring island tonight, with cherry blossoms you could catch and a cherry blossom DIY bottle. I didn't notice anything unusual on the way there but on the way back there were still cherry blossoms floating in the air. Maybe they were there at the start too and I just wasn't paying attention.

afaik the seasons on the boat tours are completely random, more than just "opposite hemisphere"

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Anyone else think the Happy Home Paradise dlc is…. Kinda lame? 2.0 is awesome in general, but the dlc is so uninvolved it’s kinda just busy work to get new items. Seems really shallow?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it depends on if you're into that sort of stuff -- it was an entire game on the 3ds that people liked a whole bunch, and what i've done so far hits the same notes. it's fun to try to make things look good!

i'm hoping i can unlock bigger houses and stuff like the partitions soon though so i can really give it the gears (especially whenever i finally unlock redesigning people's houses on the main island proper, like they mentioned in the trailer)

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I absolutely love the DLC. It’s perfectly mundane and satisfying.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I never played the 3D one, but it seems like you literally can’t lose? It gives you the key items and anything else is just gravy. Like, the Pocket Camp version involved some thinking about the theme and scoring.

And any island plot will do no matter what?

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

HHP and the main game both require you to create your own fun to enjoy them. I am enjoying HHP a lot, and if 2.0 didn't happen I would prefer HHP to continuing along in the main game.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I like decorating a new room for free, and I'm really excited to set up the common spaces on the main island. I'm trying to make all of the resort spaces cool enough to visit again later

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

flatluigi posted:

I gave a souvenir chocolate box to Pinky last night cuz she’s my number 1 favourite villager; she immediately demanded I bring her over to the archipelago so she could have a vacation home set up. It was pretty adorable watching her dancing around on the beach all excited :3:

She’s been in her starter house since she moved in back in April last year and I legitimately can’t wait to be able to give her her intended imperial furniture house.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

I'm calling the police.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Haifisch posted:

I'm calling the police.

He’s right though.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I imagine HHD/the expansion is going to mostly be enjoyable for the type of person who also loves the interior design portions of something like The Sims. Like if that game series isn't your bag/you gain nothing out of decorating your real-life living space it probably won't "click" with you

For me personally, I like to take a zen garden approach with the prompts. Just moving stuff around and applying objects in aesthetic ways that appeal to me is very relaxing and meditative. I can see how that could be perceived as kind of boring or pointless though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Moose-Alini posted:

Anyone else think the Happy Home Paradise dlc is…. Kinda lame? 2.0 is awesome in general, but the dlc is so uninvolved it’s kinda just busy work to get new items. Seems really shallow?

this is so sad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[snaps together exactly two legos from the 1000+ piece bin] well. okay then. and they charge how much for this ??

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can you use amiibos to get residents of the dlc land? I made amiibos for every villager who lived on our island, and want to turn the dlc islands into a retirement village for the people who moved away.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

IUG posted:

Can you use amiibos to get residents of the dlc land? I made amiibos for every villager who lived on our island, and want to turn the dlc islands into a retirement village for the people who moved away.

One of the loading screen hints says you can use amiibos to summon people, but I'm at 5 houses in and haven't unlocked it yet (2 of those houses were for current villagers so I'm not sure if that impacts my unlocks).

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Nemo2342 posted:

One of the loading screen hints says you can use amiibos to summon people, but I'm at 5 houses in and haven't unlocked it yet (2 of those houses were for current villagers so I'm not sure if that impacts my unlocks).

I had designed 6 houses and the school before I went back to the office and the amiibo scanner was on the front desk.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I was concerned you could only design 3 houses a day before the game told you to get lost and come back tomorrow but nope, there's no such limits which lead to me making 12 homes yesterday and 5 today, plus the school, cafe and restaurant.

I like making houses with no limits holding me back.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Cooking discoveries so far, for anyone looking to grind out mile achievements.

Cheap/easy recipes to make before crops have grown:
Grilled sea bass with herbs = 1 sea bass and 5 weeds
(Native fruit) smoothie = 2 native fruit

Cheap/easy recipes once crops have grown:
Carrot juice = 2 carrots
Tomato puree = 3 tomatoes
Flour/whole wheat flour = 5 wheat
Sugar/brown sugar = 5 sugar cane

Coconut juice does not count as food.

Fish that trigger you learning recipes (tell me if you find more):
Sea bass, anchovy, squid, olive flounder, horse mackerel, dab, red snapper, barred knifejaw.

Kitchen items that you can cook on:
Stoneware kitchen
Kitchen island
Clay furnace
Ironwood kitchen
Gas range
Open-frame kitchen
System kitchen
Kitchen stove

Kitchen items you can't cook on:
Brick oven
Campfire cookware
Barbecue
Fire pit
Wood-burning stove
Hearth

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 7, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Looks like co-op shops change their stock weekly as Redd still has the same two fakes and Leif has the same starts and seeds as yesterday.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

SilentChaz posted:

Looks like co-op shops change their stock weekly as Redd still has the same two fakes and Leif has the same starts and seeds as yesterday.

I wondered why Kicks had the exact same stock today as yesterday, that sorta makes visiting Harvey's island kinda pointless in the long run, again.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i invited tortimer first and now he does whatever this is

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Postman posted:

i invited tortimer first and now he does whatever this is

Just coming in here to post about this, I can't believe loving brought back Cornimer from Wild World

He gave me five acorns.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

I wondered why Kicks had the exact same stock today as yesterday, that sorta makes visiting Harvey's island kinda pointless in the long run, again.
Pointless? Seems way more balanced in the long run. Feeling like you've got to visit Harv's Island every day would be a bit much, especially considering all the other daily tasks they just added.

Once everything's opened and the novelty has worn off, it'll be nice to just check it once a week without feeling like you're missing out.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Black Robe posted:

Kitchen items that you can cook on:
Stoneware kitchen
Kitchen island
Clay furnace
Ironwood kitchen

Kitchen items you can't cook on:
Brick oven
Campfire cookware
Barbecue
Fire pit

Kitchen items I don't have available to test, someone let me know:
Hearth
Wood-burning stove
System kitchen
Open-frame kitchen
Kitchen stove

You can cook on the Gas Range for sure too. I can test some other stuff, my kitchen is well equipped

Tell you what, building houses is good for making me feel fonder of some of the villagers I underappreciate. I built a pottery paradise for Billy and it was very charming.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I recall with how visitors work you could get unlucky streaks where you wouldn't see a particular visitor (eg: Lief) for over a week, so even if the co-op only rotates weekly, it's still an improvement, not to mention if you don't play every day and miss a chance.

I'm also guessing that stock at Harv's might differ from what they offer on an island visit?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I can confirm the open range kitchen works for cooking. It's odd how they organize by type in the storage... Several kitchen items were directly next to the crafting tables and most of them worked, but then the brick oven didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Can confirm that Redd replaces fakes that you buy the next day. Granted, it’s only swapping out one piece of art for 4980 bells daily, but it’s something.