Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was laughing at the MLK quote video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Folks, he’s no Ryan tannehill

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fsif posted:

Didn't see the clip posted. Here's the clip of the day.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1456683358205906953?s=20

He should get added to the renegades of funk list.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SourKraut posted:

So the mRNA's could be PEG, and the J&J would be polysorbate, but otherwise... it doesn't seem like there's a "common" ingredient between them that could cause an allergic reaction?

He really is a giant loving moron.

I think he said he's allergic to mrna and the Walmart vaccine was not an acceptable option because there's a 1 in a million chance of developing bloodclots. (Also it's efficiency is pretty rotten).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Asproigerosis posted:

I think he said he's allergic to mrna and the Walmart vaccine was not an acceptable option because there's a 1 in a million chance of developing bloodclots. (Also it's efficiency is pretty rotten).

Weren't the bloodclots only found in pregnant women or something

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's da real MVP on covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQugbxD1hrc

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah and it wasn’t “rotten” by any means. Way better than horse paste and clay.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Truly amazing how we've had like four headline-dominating things one after the other in like a month (Urban, Gruden, Ruggs, Rodgers).

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They should just cut him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Wow seems like a lot must've happened this week

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

remembering everything aaron rodgers said today and cackling

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Truly amazing how we've had like four headline-dominating things one after the other in like a month (Urban, Gruden, Ruggs, Rodgers).

Just this week was Ruggs, Rodgers, and OBJ.

Plus if you follow NCAA you got to hear about the Texas assistant coach who left his wife and kids for some woman who goes by "Pole Assassin" whose "emotional support monkey" bit a child trick or treating at his house.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

R.D. Mangles posted:

remembering everything aaron rodgers said today and cackling

I think he can make this more dumb. I believe in him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

drat, how courageous is it to tell a story about yourself being brave and everyone thanking you for it, shortly after comparing yourself to MLK? I mean, I'm in awe over here

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That might be underselling it.

Probably is tbh. Millions of people listen to that dipshit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Naw.

Rodgers is coming at this from the angle of a California hippie dippie who believes in the healing powers of crystals and alternative medicine.

I doubt he has a basement full of assault rifles and is itching for "the revolution."

That's not what a sovereign citizen is, it has nothing to do with terrorism or armed revolution. In fact him believing that he doesn't have to follow covid protocols because he wasn't personally consulted on them is serious sovereign citizen vibes. He also believes in chemtrails which puts him at like 90% there at least

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

gently caress Aaron Rogers for lying, but all the people claiming that it's "impossible" to be allergic to anything in the mRNA vaccines should tell that to my wife who had to go to the ER twice (the second time a couple of hours later and having already been taking high dose corticosteroids) due to anaphylaxis after the first Pfizer shot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ihatepants posted:

gently caress Aaron Rogers for lying, but all the people claiming that it's "impossible" to be allergic to anything in the mRNA vaccines should tell that to my wife who had to go to the ER twice (the second time a couple of hours later and having already been taking high dose corticosteroids) due to anaphylaxis after the first Pfizer shot.

Congratulations on your unique, one-of-a-kind wife.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ihatepants posted:

I didn't go to the ER, but I started swelling in the car on the way home, pulled over, swapped seats and rushed to the Urgent Care and got a steroid shot and some benedryl.

Doctor told me to take Benedryl at my next shot and it was better.

Kinda left me with a panic disorder though.

E: this isn't like "don't get the shot" I still got my follow up. I just don't like talking about it because it becomes like some immediate bullshit fuel for people to be anti-vaxx and I know it's very rare. I have no history of allergies to anything in the mRNA vaccine.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 6, 2021

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
12 hours later and I’m still :lol:in

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I mean someone in this thread literally said that Aaron Rodgers is a bigger piece of poo poo than Big Ben the rapist so hes not wrong

Broken clock etc and all and the MLK comparison was beyond cringe but let’s dial it back a bit. Rapist is still worse

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Congratulations on your unique, one-of-a-kind wife.

Rodgers stupidity aside c'mon this is a pretty lovely thing to say

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

wilderthanmild posted:

Plus if you follow NCAA you got to hear about the Texas assistant coach who left his wife and kids for some woman who goes by "Pole Assassin" whose "emotional support monkey" bit a child trick or treating at his house.

I dont but where can I find out more about this?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Rodgers stupidity aside c'mon this is a pretty lovely thing to say

I don't mind. It really is a unique one of a kind thing to happen to her. It's not a PEG allergy, either. We consulted with multiple allergists at the University of Washington and they are also kind of stumped. Once she gives birth in about a month the plan is to give her a shot of the J&J vaccine instead under strict monitoring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

I didn't go to the ER, but I started swelling in the car on the way home, pulled over, swapped seats and rushed to the Urgent Care and got a steroid shot and some benedryl.

Doctor told me to take Benedryl at my next shot and it was better.

Kinda left me with a panic disorder though.

E: this isn't like "don't get the shot" I still got my follow up. I just don't like talking about it because it becomes like some immediate bullshit fuel for people to be anti-vaxx and I know it's very rare. I have no history of allergies to anything in the mRNA vaccine.

One of the things I appreciated about japan was after your shot there was a mandatory 15 minute wait afterwards so anybody with symptoms like yours got an immediate assistance.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

One of the things I appreciated about japan was after your shot there was a mandatory 15 minute wait afterwards so anybody with symptoms like yours got an immediate assistance.

Yeah they did this at the pharmacy I went to in Seattle

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Amy Pole Her posted:

I mean someone in this thread literally said that Aaron Rodgers is a bigger piece of poo poo than Big Ben the rapist so hes not wrong

Broken clock etc and all and the MLK comparison was beyond cringe but let’s dial it back a bit. Rapist is still worse

Ruggs isn't wiggling his way out of this one and his situation is more tragic and sad than anything. Aaron Rodgers melting down in real time has a certain levity to it that lends itself to internet mockery that a woman and her dog being burned alive just doesn't.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

I dont but where can I find out more about this?

Here's the first post about it from the NCAA N/V thread:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Barudak posted:

It's 15 here and 30 if you have allergic reactions to anything. So I left after like 20 minutes and poof.

Second time I stayed full 30, got my shot first in our batch and they checked up on me throughout. I didn't feel any anaphylaxis that time but had a massive anxiety response.

Which is probably what happened the first time? Mild physical response and extreme anxiety response to the mild physical. I don't get to A/B test myself or anything. Not a pleasant experience, but better than COVID and the existential threat of a severe case.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Barudak posted:

You can’t leave a vax for 20min to monitor for this.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

This was true in Austin when I got mine

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Same in Portland.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

same in the woods of kentucky where 100 people live

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

It's 15 here and 30 if you have allergic reactions to anything. So I left after like 20 minutes and poof.

Second time I stayed full 30, got my shot first in our batch and they checked up on me throughout. I didn't feel any anaphylaxis that time but had a massive anxiety response.

Which is probably what happened the first time? Mild physical response and extreme anxiety response to the mild physical. I don't get to A/B test myself or anything. Not a pleasant experience, but better than COVID and the existential threat of a severe case.

gently caress dude. Glad you're fine now though.

Cavauro posted:

same in the woods of kentucky where 100 people live

Good to know everyone did it, then.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only waited 14 minutes because no one was there holding people accountable. anti-vax-waiting

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Oh hey my friend had the body swelling up reaction too! Or something like that, along with hives all over iirc. He showed a pic of his feet/legs that looked cartoonishly swollen, almost like when you blow up a glove. Doctors did a bunch of testing done and couldn't figure it out so just :iiam: in his case. He recovered fine but doc said maybe hold off on the second shot.

Barudak posted:

Good to know everyone did it, then.
I figure it's just the standard procedure for the vaccines. Here in SoCal CVS did it when I got my shots, along a few vaccine drives/clinics by different companies I've volunteered with. Enforcement might be a bit fast and loose with the latter, but people have been pretty good about following the procedures. Except people like Cavauro.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Cavauro posted:

i only waited 14 minutes because no one was there holding people accountable. anti-vax-waiting

First shot (J&J) I waited around the full 15min cuz it was April and this was all still kind of new. Nobody really gave a poo poo though, were other places actually monitoring to make sure you hung around?

Got the Pfizer booster last week and just left immediately after since I live about 2min from where I got the shot. Again, nobody was even pretending to care after the shot though.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Same in Portland.

My shots were in Hillsboro and Beaverton, nobody cared in the slightest what you did after you received your dose.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1456716684517994497?s=21

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i got the first and second moderna at 5 different places and 4 of them had someone asking you to wait and they were standing there. not sure if they would have stopped people from leaving early but at least someone was there. the other one i only waited 14 since no one was there at all. not sure

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I’m absolutely 0% surprised each instance they confirm he was lying, but I’m still 100% tickled pink every time it happens

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Aaron Rodgers looked like poo poo for months so he could be John Wick for Halloween, and then setup with a weird crypto thing, and neither of those even rank in the top 10 dumbest thoughts he had this week.

This is still so funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

QAaron had this aura of being one of the smartest people in the league prior to all this going down. To see it go the complete opposite way for his perception is the kind of schadenfreude I can get behind.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 6, 2021