Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Grondoth posted:

Nah the wolf warrior class just has a special ability to harass anyone who says "Taiwan" online

I was confused about mind/int/faith/arcane because I didn't play Bloodborne, but it does make me wonder if they'll be doing item magic too now that I know what it was. No matter what, it seems like there's gonna be LOTS of abilities here.

That's a great point. Them bringing over Hunter's Tools from BB would be a nice addition, although with magic and miracles already in the game I fear they might be a bit more gimmicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

BANNED USER posted:

I've always regarded the Souls series as a Zelda game for adults without the puzzles, the combat gives me underlying OoT vibes every time. I think it's a good thing.

I've always regarded the Souls games as the only real true 3D castlevania games. (Or more specifically, metroidvania games). Like Capcom made a couple attempts at 3D Castlevanias but I don't think they really caught on. But FromSoft without even knowing it made what I think are the real successors to the 2D Castlevanias. I mean if you think about it all the elements are there. Medieval style setting, gruesome monsters, a pretty high difficulty level, lots of RPG elements. I was a huge fan of Symphony of the night and all the Gameboy Advance / Nintendo DS Castlevanias but unfortunately it seems like Capcom has abandoned the franchise so the Souls games scratch that itch for me very well.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm so glad that shields are back, and that they added a block counter move by the looks of it. I've never liked parrying, probably why I hated Sekiro. Shields are cool dammit.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Charliegrs posted:

Or more specifically, metroidvania games
Uhm, the new official name is Search Action? Please use the correct name.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Also I'm curious if we're gonna have Pyromancy in this game, an equivalent to it that has a different selection of spells or if we're just sticking to sorcery and miracles?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If Pyromancy or its equivalent is in here, I'd like it to be more like Dark Souls 1 Pyromancy, where it is ~magic of the people~ that doesn't need int or faith (or arcane?) but is functional out of the box (apart from upgrading the item to cast it, of course).

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 6, 2021

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Arcane probably influences item discovery as well. It did that in BB

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Flytrap posted:

I'm so glad that shields are back, and that they added a block counter move by the looks of it. I've never liked parrying, probably why I hated Sekiro. Shields are cool dammit.

Shields are lame and bad but I didn't parry in any Souls game.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

anything can be a shield if you believe

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I hope the parrying is easier than DS3 but harder than DS1

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shields are lame and bad but I didn't parry in any Souls game.

If you’re not always two handing a big hunk of metal or wood, what are you even doing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m one handing the big hunk of metal because I can

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I pity those who are unable to feel the pure joy of blocking things

I'm hoping magic barriers can be in the mix here. The wall of light was a start, but that was a magic parry, not a magic wall. I want a magic wall, dang it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
One of the most underrated things about FROM is how everything is so small once you memorize it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Some of the larger soulsborne people/streamers/content-whatevers are confirmed having 72 hour access to the network test already.

Like, right now.

Of those that have confirmed it, looks like FightinCowboy, Lance McDonald, Prod, and Malcolm Reynolds Oroboro

I'm not jealous or anything, okay.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It seems to me that Fromsoft International Community Management is pretty on-point, and they can escalate issues up the chain to Fromsoft for the first year or so after a game is released, but they very quickly stop doing anything after the final patch is released.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

elden ring: the elden ring relentlessly oozes brown water, each stool looser than the one before, and fouler

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Logan 5 posted:

Some of the larger soulsborne people/streamers/content-whatevers are confirmed having 72 hour access to the network test already.

Oroboro

completely insufferable but overall a standard representation of the souls pvper

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I noticed a lot of weapon blocking in the vid as well, I wonder if there's some Sekiro stuff going on.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Based on the video you can break enemy posture like in Sekiro or Nioh.

I think the stamina management is very similar to Dark Souls, rather than Sekiro. Maybe they added perfect blocking for weapons?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it was confirmed from the press preview a while ago that there's a new counter move you can do immediately upon blocking an attack - you can see it at times in the gameplay footage we've seen.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Female warrior it is.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

That battle wizard looking costume is great.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cross posting a beautiful post from the memes thread:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
A promo screenshot with a bird (phantom?) that has mechanical lower legs.

A bird from the gameplay reveal with mechanical lower legs.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
they did say that spirits you can summon will be based on enemies, but i'm not sure if the spirit in the first pic is the exact same thing as the enemy in the second, or just a spirit of a similar enemy or something

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

incredible stuff yall

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Logan 5 posted:

Like, right now.

Of those that have confirmed it, looks like FightinCowboy, Lance McDonald, Prod, and Malcolm Reynolds Oroboro

I'm not jealous or anything, okay.

how about skidonic

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

goblin week posted:

how about skidonic

only other one confirmed since yesterday I'm aware of is ymfah

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marzzzzzy/status/1456735834900738054?s=20
Marz is in, too.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Logan 5 posted:

only other one confirmed since yesterday I'm aware of is ymfah

Quite a bold choice to pick the guy who's gonna break the game apart!

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

goblin week posted:

Quite a bold choice to pick the guy who's gonna break the game apart!

And it's really only a matter of time until Lance Mcdonald can get into the test version whenever he wants, although he probably won't actually show what he found until after the game is out.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

giZm posted:

Marz is in, too.
literally who ?

(thanks, never got to do that before)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Actually forget Alexander, bird with knife feet is my new best friend

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From reddit.

All magic symbols shown so far.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From reddit.

The point is made that the jumping-arrow-to-the-chest interrupts the blowing of a horn. Presumably to alert others to the PC's presence.

Also, perhaps the jump is necessary because friendly fire is on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

huh posted:

This is Zullie the Witch from youtube who generally does 2 - 3 min videos on fromsoft games about stuff a hacker can only find out.

It is the gameplay video with some interesting points added along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EF2VSyZK3Q

The egg is a good catch. Guessing there’ll be a few spread out over the world and if you get too close the dragon will come attack you

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Gah.

Hanging arms, piled torsos. Straight into my vein please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Qmass posted:

literally who ?

(thanks, never got to do that before)
Yes, my point.

https://youtube.com/c/marzz