Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Thanks!

On that same note, it would be neat to be able to create custom tags/filters, such as Drift, Drag, Forza Ed, or "Road Race Bonus Mastery" for my collection.

Having a blast overall. Game is good and being in a goon club is neat. In FH4 I was a hermit who never engaged in online stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Yeah, networking is hard gating online stuff right now. I managed to win the team games thing somehow, being carried by people who actually could play the games as intended apparently. Myself, I was most of the time spawned 9km away from the arena, with a non-moving car from the other team next to me. And when I got into the arena, I only could see a couple people moving, and got regularly tagged without seeing any opponent near me. I stayed in since the carry got me a car and some season points, but it was a complete waste of time otherwise.

And the 500k points combo is downright impossible with disconnects resetting the score.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

omfg.

well I endured frustration for a few hours but the gods of forza granted me the "horizon edition" (extra perks over the base) of the lambo sesto elemento - which has a tune by the god don joewon song and the thing is SO BROKEN. X999 - rapidly gets above 220MPH (and goes way past that) maintaining very fast steering and then stops on a dime.

highly recommend if you have the means

edit: for your edification

Qmass fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 6, 2021

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Qmass posted:

"horizon edition"

For clarity do you mean the Forza Edition? I’d heard that car was one of the better ones.

E: well it says FE right on the tyres so I guess so.

The Barn Find Jaguar XJR-15 can be modded up into a monster too. I got mine up to 280mph. Tightening the aero a bit loses 10mph off the top but makes it pretty grippy.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Applied to the club as Asn0rban.

Game is great. Can’t wait until I have proper time to dig in over Thanksgiving.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The online stuff is so broken right now and I hope they can get it sorted out because I actually want to try doing some of it this time around. A goon (I think) joined my convoy twice yesterday and I never saw them appear in game or had any way to interact with them. I gave them the convoy lead hoping maybe they knew what to do but they just never were able to load into my session as far as I could tell.

I will say drivatars are still hilarious; the goons on my friends list going hard at the game are always at the bottom of my race standings, while level 1 people on my friends list I know for a fact haven't played Forza in years are almost always my biggest competition. Never change, drivatars.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

AirRaid posted:

For clarity do you mean the Forza Edition? I’d heard that car was one of the better ones.

E: well it says FE right on the tyres so I guess so.

The Barn Find Jaguar XJR-15 can be modded up into a monster too. I got mine up to 280mph. Tightening the aero a bit loses 10mph off the top but makes it pretty grippy.
lol yeah. its 2am and I am nearing the end of a half a bottle of whiskey so forgive that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Qmass posted:

lol yeah. its 2am and I am nearing the end of a half a bottle of whiskey so forgive that.

Sorry but this is Serious Business and your lackadaisical attitude is unforgivable. :colbert:

its fine dude I knew what you meant I’m just super pendantic

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I want this game to come to xCloud just so I can use the auctions on my phone.

I messed around in the last night after finishing the story, turned 3 mil into 10 mil and about 30 new cars

I could have gotten a Shelby Daytona for under 1m but someone took the 14m buyout out during “ending soon”

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

AirRaid posted:

Sorry but this is Serious Business and your lackadaisical attitude is unforgivable. :colbert:

its fine dude I knew what you meant I’m just super pendantic
im the same type crazy. my gearing is hosed up but I am up to speed now... observe:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

OK, is it just my PC or is there something horribly wrong with the graphics in FH5? Textures at a distance look like crap, pop in is horrendous and I have a GTX 1080 TI and the game installed on an SSD.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Whoa, can you not upload or search for vinyl groups anymore? This was a thing before, right? I'm not crazy? I really don't want to spend 20 minutes or whatever crafting a bespoke flag from scratch.

e: Hmm, I can share vinyl groups. :thunk:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Qmass posted:

I guess I'll learn to roll with it but it IS frustrating. Just messing around with speed cameras and speed traps in the built up little town region. I tried 3 times to 3 star a speed camera in a road-race focused S1. Closest I could get was 21mph under the 3 star requiremnt. Then I went into a speed trap dirt section and 3 starred it first go skidding about on tarmac tyres like a fool. ok. I guess...

This game is so vast that it can be hard to criticise but I feel like this should not be.

It's always struck me how even the most track oriented setups seem to handle offroad much better than they should, to the point that even for offroad stunts, it's often better to just get your fastest car, rather than use one that's slower but seems more appropriate for the terrain. I think it's a design concession that they make for Horizon, since it's an open world, and so much of the map is NOT roads, they don't want to limit you too much and force you to switch cars all the time. So it's like, go ahead, drive your McLaren across the bumpy field of grass at 180 mph, have fun. But of course this also means the game is pretty forgiving about cutting over grass in road races and stuff like that

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

OK, is it just my PC or is there something horribly wrong with the graphics in FH5? Textures at a distance look like crap, pop in is horrendous and I have a GTX 1080 TI and the game installed on an SSD.

Knock the texture detail down to high. Ultra seems to load in higher quality textures around you, but struggles to stream in new ones which ends up in mega blurry vistas that look like something out of Motocross Madness

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Qmass posted:

omfg.

well I endured frustration for a few hours but the gods of forza granted me the "horizon edition" (extra perks over the base) of the lambo sesto elemento - which has a tune by the god don joewon song and the thing is SO BROKEN. X999 - rapidly gets above 220MPH (and goes way past that) maintaining very fast steering and then stops on a dime.

highly recommend if you have the means

edit: for your edification

Came here to post about this and one other thing. Can confirm, car's stupidly fast in a straight line and in the curves. It's wild how well it handles at speed.

Also, it is an excellent choice for a solid XP/credits/wheelspins/skill points farm: the EventLab 1 Million Run of the Llanuras Sprint (road race, center of the map, east of the main Festival Horizon site). Get any car that handles okay with a top speed of 270+, and in ~20m you'll get something like 8 wheelspins and reputation levels, 20+ skill points, and a few hundred thousand credits. The FE of the Sesto is perfect for all the Ultimate Speed/Combos you'll get in the race.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The textures thing is a known bug. The only way I could fix it was putting a few of the texture settings to extreme. That eats fps pretty bad though.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Just put a request in to join GRCC. GT is bigman50grand.

Really enjoying this game so far. I was late joining in on FH4 and missed a bunch of the online experience because of it. I'm hoping it gets sorted soon in FH5 so I can take advantage of it this time.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

is there an official GRCC fh5 discord ?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I imported a bunch of vinyls I made in earlier games and shared them for GTCC and GRC so if you search for games look for the creator GutBomb303 and search for GRC or GTCC and you'll find them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just finished the marathon street race and, man. driving down the section of that course that goes through the desert on an empty highway, at night, with 'everything at your feet' playing is one of those gaming moments that will stick with me forever.

this game fuckin rules. it's the best horizon game so far, and by a lot. which is saying something since fh1, fh3 and fh4 were all absolutely fuckin killer games too. there are some annoyances and the current server situation is spotty to say the least, but even then, goddamn they hit this out of the park. i dunno how they top it next time around. i don't think they can.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I read somewhere that said they have over 700k people playing right now. Not sure how they came up with that number but pretty nuts for it not even being fully out yet. Hopefully they can spin up some more servers to handle all the people because it's going to be nuts when it's fully out.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
This is peak Forza, so much fun. I put in a request to join GRCC with gamertag forrestr1.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wiltsghost posted:

I read somewhere that said they have over 700k people playing right now. Not sure how they came up with that number but pretty nuts for it not even being fully out yet. Hopefully they can spin up some more servers to handle all the people because it's going to be nuts when it's fully out.

yeah i'm not sure exactly how they track it but i can totally believe it. fh4 was phenomenal and was thrown onto gamepass for everyone to play and see how good it was, and it still flirts with being a top 10 most played game on xbox live. fh5 is revewing astronomically well and has a lot of positive buzz. this game is gonna be real huge.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wiltsghost posted:

I read somewhere that said they have over 700k people playing right now.

some of the leaderboards go that high, but I highly doubt that many bought premium, it might be a mass scripted testing thing

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It feels like the GTA San Andreas launch all over again :)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I was medicated (still not drinking, guys, no worries) at the time but I might not be exaggerating if, at some point during the introduction sequence, I choked up a lot and shed a few tears. There was something of the old joy of videogaming, of playing a top title by a team at the top of the game who clearly want you to have a fantastic time, kinda struck me and made me feel emotional.

Not to be negative about the game but instead about people in general and gamers in particular: I'm curious to see how parents and aggrieved whites in the US are going to handle the Mexican setting. To some of us it's just kinda preachy "we mechanicos are all about the familia, ya know?" stuff that can get grating after awhile just because it's trying too hard. I appreciate the intention and I hope it's net positive for everyone in the final analysis. I guess I feel I don't need Forza to convince me that "when Mexico sends us their people they are not sending their best, but they are sending drug dealers and rapists and murderers and some, I assume, good people" is an egregious, despicable, inhumane lie. I don't want to see people losing their poo poo over this but some of them are now programmed to respond to spoken Spanish with unbridled white-hot seething rage.

Game is loving awesome, there is way too much for me to do.

One last thing, unlike all the gaming I've done (really) I am finally wearing headphones a lot so my girlfriend, who is working from home taking call-center calls and does not need to hear it, and I just settled for the Microsoft wireless XBox headset. It's great. I got up from the XBox and went to set my controller and my headphones down and realized I wasn't tethered to anything. Haven't tested the mic yet but the design is great. The huge volume knob on your right ear is just crazy convenient. The game sounds so good, an I finally found the "RT to rev engine" in the tuning shop. Fuckin A.

I need to get my tunes own mp3s streaming into this on XBox SX. Is it easy to do?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 6, 2021

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

There is a Forzagoons discord but it's kind of dead. I know some people have mentioned discord though so I have no idea if someone wants to resurrect it or not. Thought I'd mention it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my favorite little QoL improvement in FH5 is how much extra leeway they've given you when you're out exploring roads for the first time. in previous games if you drifted off the tarmac even a little, it would leave a miniscule little gap in your road discovery making it insanely annoying to sit there scrolling through the map trying to figure out what little sliver of road you haven't hit. in this game, you can fly way off into the trees and it'll still credit you for exploring the nearest road which is awesome

Dr. Faustus posted:

I need to get my tunes own mp3s streaming into this on XBox SX. Is it easy to do?

it's really easy. any DLNA media server is recognized by the default Media Player app and then you can listen to your tunes in the background

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Networking seems to fare a bit better, so here I am, bringing glory to the club:

I'm the covid-conscious dude pointing at the crowd. The girl beside me taught us all how to drive, placing first in all 3 events. Good thing she was on my team!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anyone with the Too Much Money Edition figured out if they have proper wheel support this time?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

FishMcCool posted:

Networking seems to fare a bit better, so here I am, bringing glory to the club:

I'm the covid-conscious dude pointing at the crowd. The girl beside me taught us all how to drive, placing first in all 3 events. Good thing she was on my team!
Welcome aboard, fellow digital mask-wearer!

You know what is fun? All of this poo poo. I am currently taking another run at this challenge where I have to keep above 130MPH or a timer runs out. It's crazy fun. I'm having an awesome time just doing solo stuff.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I’m loving the fact that it’s in Mexico. I’m American but I and my family have traveled all over Mexico. The Yucatán is my favorite place on earth. So excited to race in the country. The other thing that struck me is how they made the houses look authentically rustic, that’s great.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if anyone wants to do some online open racing shoot me a message @ cubivore

not sure how well it'll work with the servers being so iffy but w/e

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Thought I'd give it a spin with my DS4 controller (I caved) since my wheel is in my closet, and it's not having it. It's telling me to reconnect the controller and it gets stuck on that screen until I disconnect the controller. I've tried both my controllers, on two USB ports, I get nothing. This kinda stinks! I've been able to avoid DS4 Windows and I'd love to continue.

Edit: still works in any other game, which eliminates the cable as the problem.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 7, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Thought I'd give it a spin with my DS4 controller (I caved) since my wheel is in my closet, and it's not having it. It's telling me to reconnect the controller and it gets stuck on that screen until I disconnect the controller. I've tried both my controllers, on two USB ports, I get nothing. This kinda stinks! I've been able to avoid DS4 Windows and I'd love to continue.

Are you using the steam input settings for DS4? There should be a direct mapping to Xbox one inputs there

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the ryochan fork of DS4 is nice and hasn’t given me any issues. Always nice when you don’t have any issues though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I downloaded regular DS4 Windows and now the xbox prompts just flicker on the screen for a few milliseconds if I try to use the controller and then it's right back to keyboard prompts.

Convex posted:

Are you using the steam input settings for DS4? There should be a direct mapping to Xbox one inputs there

I got it from the Microsoft store, which I regret somewhat now since steam usually makes stuff easier, but there's nothing I can do about it now I guess.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone with the Too Much Money Edition figured out if they have proper wheel support this time?

Fanatec wheels make the game crash at the end of every event so no clue if it works with other ones.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Got a Logitech, so hopefully that'll be fine.

Also the input icon flickering is basically the same thing that happens if a non-plane/car game tries to use your stick/wheel because it thinks it's a gamepad, but I made perfectly sure to disconnect my HOTAS.

Also the "Controller disconnected, please reconnect a controller." thing pops up if I, say, disconnect the controller, navigate to a menu with the keyboard and then reconnect the controller. Like it recognizers something's been plugged in, but then it immediately refuses the connection.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I just had the Foo Fighters skill song glitch on me and last forever

which was both fortuitous, and torturous.