Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

The egg is a good catch. Guessing there’ll be a few spread out over the world and if you get too close the dragon will come attack you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

huh posted:

A promo screenshot with a bird (phantom?) that has mechanical lower legs.

Pretty sure that bird also has a lil helmet too

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So I guess that'll be what I look like riding the horse.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Someone on reddit pointed out that the trailer at the end of the game play reveal had a couple of seconds of extra material.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i dont even need to watch the vid because the swank rear end gifs keep rollin in :hellyeah:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is it possible this guy is some sort of custodian of a pvp/chalice dungeon type area?

He cleans up when you fail.

He mocks you.

But he rewards those who prevail.

Or maybe it's none of those.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Epic Flail

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Sneakin' around in that beautiful lighting. Will my PS5 look this good?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

praise the suntree, what a beautiful nastyman

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Why is he dabbing on the player

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Those big bois will be nastier than the large manserpents at Archdragon peak.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Huuuuuge image of the map that someone on reddit stitched together from here and there.

Zoom into it for some really nice details.

huh fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 7, 2021

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The game world doesn't need to be massive since it isn't meant to be an elder scrolls style quest based game with multiple factions, friendly cities, etc, but it seems a bit bigger than I was expecting. I'm assuming the landmass takes on a ring shape and this is just a third of it. Though maybe it's a stretch to assume that.

edit: Maybe you should use timg tags and put that under a spoiler tag for people who want to discover the world for themselves.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

huh posted:

Is it possible this guy is some sort of custodian of a pvp/chalice dungeon type area?

He cleans up when you fail.

He mocks you.

But he rewards those who prevail.

Or maybe it's none of those.

hosed up little man

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I finally want a PS5 and/or a GPU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FromSoft's art team just obliterates anyone else it's unfair.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Any ideas if there's a day/night cycle? The map says "early day" in the lower right corner, would potentially be interesting although it precludes some state changes due to player actions (looking at you Bloodborne blood moon).

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Any ideas if there's a day/night cycle? The map says "early day" in the lower right corner, would potentially be interesting although it precludes some state changes due to player actions (looking at you Bloodborne blood moon).

Yes that's confirmed

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
yeah there's day/night and i think weather too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope night is very dark and dangerous like Dragons Dogma

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hatty posted:

In EverQuest there was a zone called Kithicor Forest that was adjacent to one of the starting city zones (and was a transit point to some lowish to mid level zones) and during the day was a low level area but at night much higher level undead would spawn instead and it'd be cool if it was like that.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

hatty posted:

Agree we going to get the Dark Souls 2 promise of torch fun?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Groovelord Neato posted:

In EverQuest there was a zone called Kithicor Forest that was adjacent to one of the starting city zones (and was a transit point to some lowish to mid level zones) and during the day was a low level area but at night much higher level undead would spawn instead and it'd be cool if it was like that.

drat that takes me back *reminisces halflingishly*

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

anothergod posted:

They showed the torch prominently during footage. It doesn't seem to cast shadows, which is kind of a bummer, hasn't done so since DS2.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

huh posted:

Huuuuuge image of the map that someone on reddit stitched together from here and there.

Zoom into it for some really nice details.

Nice. Looks to me like this is just the region around Stormveil Castle? I'm guessing that's the big building complex in the center of the foggy gray land there. I wonder if this is a peninsula in a larger landmass... or if this is going to be a big ring-shaped land? It looks like the land continues both straight east off the bottom of the map and then also northeast up off the top.

anothergod posted:

That gameplay trailer already showed that the PC busts out a torch in their left hand to traverse through dark areas of a dungeon, so we're getting something like it at least.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 7, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The game world doesn't need to be massive since it isn't meant to be an elder scrolls style quest based game with multiple factions, friendly cities, etc, but it seems a bit bigger than I was expecting. I'm assuming the landmass takes on a ring shape and this is just a third of it. Though maybe it's a stretch to assume that.

edit: Maybe you should use timg tags and put that under a spoiler tag for people who want to discover the world for themselves.

Spoilered and timged.

I can't believe I'm saying this about a video game but....I trust Miyazaki's vision.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nuns with Guns posted:

That gameplay trailer already showed that the PC busts out a torch in their left hand to traverse through dark areas of a dungeon, so we're getting something like it at least.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From reddit.

Bandai Namco France released this (apparently):

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
And regarding the map I think the person speculated that it is two thirds of one particular part of the entire map. For reasons I didn't really care to follow.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was raytracing confirmed before? Wouldn’t mind playing at 1080p if the impact is big enough.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

should be a secret way to protect all egg and get personal pet drake as an upgrade for horse

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

hatty posted:

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Hopefully we'll see some ultrawide and superwide support because those vistas are going to look incredible.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
60fps cap on PC, really Fromsoft?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
hosed up it's not locked at 24, god's perfect framerate

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

going to artificially limit my 3080 so I only get 20 frames in open areas.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Cinara posted:

60fps cap on PC, really Fromsoft?

Don't worry. An hour after the game releases someone will have a mod up that lets you set a higher framerate except it breaks the entire game.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

going to artificially limit my 3080 so I only get 20 frames in open areas.

You wanna put a rule on that so it drops to 12 for visceral and ripostes

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
Dark Souls Remastered did 21:9 out of the box, then Sekiro was back to needing a patch, so not sure what to expect

OTOH the main ultrawide fix for Sekiro also let you stop R3 from centering the camera, so if there's something similar I'm installing it immediately anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Faith build looking dope af

Here we go old man, its time

go for a stroll posted:

Dark Souls Remastered did 21:9 out of the box, then Sekiro was back to needing a patch, so not sure what to expect

OTOH the main ultrawide fix for Sekiro also let you stop R3 from centering the camera, so if there's something similar I'm installing it immediately anyway.

DSR was done by a porting company though, so that was added by them (arguably one of the few things they did right)

I know it's niche so most people don't care, but god FROM please finally have native 21:9 support for Elden Ring. Patching Sekiro wasn't too big a deal for it, but Elden Ring returns to multiplayer and even though the anti-cheat for DS games is laughable, the ultrawide mods would still trip it a lot of the time.

Actually for that matter on PC they better finally get their poo poo together with an actual anti-cheat and proper online support for a while at least. I love DS3 and literally spend hundreds of hours in multiplayer but it has always been a shitshow in all of the souls games
(lol not going to happen most likely)