Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Depends, does it or does it not have a gold fringe?

This is very important. For reasons I cannot tell you.

no gold fringe but some are yelling Lets Go Brandon which I guess tells me all I need to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
What if the government just forced backpackers to work in the fields tirelessly and without pay?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

What if the government just forced backpackers to work in the fields tirelessly and without pay?

We'd probably have to start importing backpackers... forcefully if necessary, can't have the fruit rotting on the vine.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

no gold fringe but some are yelling Lets Go Brandon which I guess tells me all I need to know

Jesus that's so loving lame. Get your own culture war you losers

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

I was a few blocks away when it went past but there were a bunch of dweebs in Maga hats hanging around the GPO. I assumed it was a climate rally and they were there to start poo poo or something

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.co...date-one-woman/

porter, laming and van onsolen teamed up to sue a rando twitter user for defemation, again. van onsolen is bragging on his protected twitter account about upgrading with his boat with the cash he's extorting and claims it wasnt coordinated with the other 2 but they all used to same lawyer and sent it in one email?

What the hell did she say in a tweet to get THAT response?

You can post here, we're not in Australia Legal area, right?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.co...date-one-woman/

porter, laming and van onsolen teamed up to sue a rando twitter user for defemation, again. van onsolen is bragging on his protected twitter account about upgrading with his boat with the cash he's extorting and claims it wasnt coordinated with the other 2 but they all used to same lawyer and sent it in one email?

Cunts feel very empowered and very entitled in this poo poo country.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SecretOfSteel posted:

I like how he's basically openly calling the people who donated to him idiots.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

dr_rat posted:

One of the few things PvO has ever been right about

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well any of those idiots could go report his go fund me and cite that tweet. they've finally started showing an interest in tackling people not using money for it's stated purpose (while the campaign is running)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

I was a few blocks away when it went past but there were a bunch of dweebs in Maga hats hanging around the GPO. I assumed it was a climate rally and they were there to start poo poo or something

hm, yeah the climate marchers just went past too, so I assume the earlier bunch were there to start poo poo.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I can’t tell if you guys are missing the point or if I’m missing the joke but going to chirp anyway: PVO saying he has “a gofundme with $125k in it” is PVO talking about the gofundme of Gemma Carey, the woman hit with the defamation claims. He is saying it will be his money for his boat.

I personally hope he inserts his boat into his rectum.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Solemn Sloth posted:

One of the few things PvO has ever been right about

hambeet posted:

well any of those idiots could go report his go fund me and cite that tweet. they've finally started showing an interest in tackling people not using money for it's stated purpose (while the campaign is running)

its the gofund me for the woman he, porter, and laming threatened with defamation. they're demanding, and getting, $150,000 in legal fees for sending a threatening letter.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

DRINK ME posted:

I can’t tell if you guys are missing the point or if I’m missing the joke but going to chirp anyway: PVO saying he has “a gofundme with $125k in it” is PVO talking about the gofundme of Gemma Carey, the woman hit with the defamation claims. He is saying it will be his money for his boat.

I hope he drowns

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Comstar posted:

What the hell did she say in a tweet to get THAT response?

You can post here, we're not in Australia Legal area, right?

She replied to someone posting that old photo that showed Porter and Van Olsen were long time mates with something along the lines of "I'd fear for the safety of the women in this photo" (one of the two women in the photo is Van Olsen's wife)

The Laming seems to be entirely separate

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

hm, yeah the climate marchers just went past too, so I assume the earlier bunch were there to start poo poo.

Just got home and checked, I was wrong it was a rally against vaccine mandates and the new pandemic powers bill. My maga dweebs were there to drag Dan out kicking and screaming. Couldnt get the 86 tram up Smith St because of the buggers.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

EoinCannon posted:

Just got home and checked, I was wrong it was a rally against vaccine mandates and the new pandemic powers bill. My maga dweebs were there to drag Dan out kicking and screaming. Couldnt get the 86 tram up Smith St because of the buggers.

Yep. I saw some dickheads in maga hats. We got stuck on one side of Bourke Street, not game to cross through the crowd either with or without masks, for differing reasons.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

We're gonna need a bigger boat

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SecretOfSteel posted:

How is this man still up and walking around as a paid journalist. Boasting about taking the money from a legal threat to buy a new boat sounds like a clear case of extortion. He just self destroyed his reputation and any authority he has.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Comstar posted:

How is this man still up and walking around as a paid journalist. Boasting about taking the money from a legal threat to buy a new boat sounds like a clear case of extortion. He just self destroyed his reputation and any authority he has.

Ah yes I’m sure sky news and the Australian are not going to stand for this, he already got fired from his only gig on a mainstream channel this year or last

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Comstar posted:

Haha

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Just found out my fully vaccinated 32yr old sister in the UK has symptomatic covid and it's pretty rough. Started with a bad headache apparently and progressed to all over body pain that she's never had anything like before. Loss of taste and smell only on day 4. She met up with my fully vaccinated mum on day 2, before she realised she had it, which I'm pretty worried about. Just have to hope this is as bad as it gets for her.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Lets Go Brandon" loving pathetic.

You're Australian, just loving swear already.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Lets Go Brandon" loving pathetic.

You're Australian, just loving swear already.

Like this graffiti I saw in Footscray earlier this year?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dislike the overall message but do like the idea that "the oval office" is a known nickname for dan "the oval office" andrews

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Synthbuttrange posted:

The cheeky little meme cyphers these people are infatuated with are so loving strange

Some idiot made this as a joke and he's perfectly fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qFLq44Fos

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 6, 2021

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

Victorian Liberal MP Tim Smith has announced he will quit politics at the next state election a week after crashing his car while drink-driving.

Mr Smith resigned from shadow cabinet after he crashed his car into a Hawthorn fence last Saturday night while more than two times the legal blood-alcohol limit.

In a statement to his Kew constituents, Mr Smith confirmed he would not be seeking preselection for the blue-ribbon seat of Kew.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-07/vicorian-mp-tim-smith-resigns/100600888

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Who the gently caress is Brandon

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

A race car driver. He was being interviewed, the crowd was chanting something indistinct, the reporter suggested it was "let's go Brandon", but it becomes apparent it's "gently caress Joe Biden".

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they want to be american so bad lmao loving losers

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

they want to be american so bad lmao loving losers

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Brando's gonna throat that shawarma

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Peccadillo posted:

Brando's gonna throat that shawarma
and he'll make it look like a threat

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
An impromptu group of sexual deviants gathered on the streets this week in an apparent effort to demand sexual intercourse with US President Joe Biden. Residents were left disturbed.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Konomex posted:

An impromptu group of sexual deviants gathered on the streets this week in an apparent effort to demand sexual intercourse with US President Joe Biden. Residents were left disturbed.

Look if Bidens onboard with it, I really don't see the need for this protest.

Also that seems to be a prime chance for anyone who owned a biden mask in the vicinity to get very lucky.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Nice url, ABC.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Like how they try to rephrase it as an "honourable" thing to do. Get the gently caress out of here, and just be thankful you didn't kill anyone with your drunken behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

didn't realise freedom rallys were still a thing in australia but found out my brother was at one this morning in Adelaide. bummer. no idea what they're protesting against really but I'm sure it rattled the stoic eyebrowed power of Steve Marshall to its foundations