Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm guessing they'll wrap up whatever they were starting with the Peril Partnership, Rusty/Malcolm and the Hank/Dean stuff. If they tie up those loose ends then that's a pretty good place to end things, and everything else is just gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If it's feature length, that's like 4-5 episodes worth of stuff. So hopefully they can tie up all the loose ends if they aren't bringing up a bunch of new stuff.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm guessing they'll wrap up whatever they were starting with the Peril Partnership, Rusty/Malcolm and the Hank/Dean stuff. If they tie up those loose ends then that's a pretty good place to end things, and everything else is just gravy.

Shallow gravy, in fact.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's *Malcom* now. :colbert:

Did this rear end in a top hat just call him Malcolm?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I just wanna meet the mom.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1457138478353842178

Twenty bux!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Folks, if you do not already own this because you pre-ordered it before the first preorders were cancelled and then you preordered it again to make sure you got it the nanosecond it came out, and if you don't own it because you didn't buy it after that? BUY THIS BOOK.

Now.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

tarlibone posted:

Folks, if you do not already own this because you pre-ordered it before the first preorders were cancelled and then you preordered it again to make sure you got it the nanosecond it came out, and if you don't own it because you didn't buy it after that? BUY THIS BOOK.

Now.

:emptyquote:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I ordered a copy, its a bit more expensive with the ~delivery and currency conversion fuckery~ but still a lot cheaper then trying to get a hold of it locally.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Buy the book and maybe two extra copies to give out as gifts to other Venture fans. I've given away a couple copies in the past few years. It really is a 300+ page love letter that's only fault is that it doesn't include the 7th season episodes.

I don't know how to process not having Venture Bros. to look forward to if this is ultimately the end of it. If they don't get picked up for another season, legit curious what form Jackson and Hammer's creative partnership evolves into for future projects, or if they split ways and do their own thing until they're both 80 and come together for one last gig.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Now.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

:5:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Finally pulling the trigger on this, thanks!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cojawfee posted:

I doubt the monarch is going to officially come out as being associated with the blue morpho (aside from maybe admitting that BM was his dad) considering that he was a wanted man for what he did as the blue morpho.

Depends on how things shake out. Would be funny if the Blue Morpho becomes his persona for Guild black ops and/or wildcard teamups.

Also kinda wanna have 21 meet Kano and have some acknowledgement of how they're using the same persona.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

tarlibone posted:

Now.

It's also worth pointing out that this is an insane value as a book; it's a genuinely massive tome of insider information and gorgeous art for just $21.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It's a massive brick of a book for $25 and I'm getting another one for a friend.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Be sure to grab the ebook as well for casual reading. Its massive and a bit difficult to read.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pnumoman posted:

It's also worth pointing out that this is an insane value as a book; it's a genuinely massive tome of insider information and gorgeous art for just $21.

It really is, I picked it up the last time it was on discount and it would easily have been worth it at full price.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TK-42-1 posted:

Did this rear end in a top hat just call him Malcolm?

My favorite non-sequitur joke from the later seasons is still Doc and Billy coming out of President Grover Cleveland's Time Machine.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

deong posted:

Be sure to grab the ebook as well for casual reading. Its massive and a bit difficult to read.

Whenever I picked it up I couldn't stop thinking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX0MB7pJtKs

Its perfect for Venture lore and braining an intruder!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

A friend of mine came to visit this weekend and we caught up on the three seasons of VB that he'd missed out on. The single biggest laugh out of him for the whole thing was....

poo poo, it's Chuck Scarsdale! Hide, or we're going to be on the news!

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

It came out to 25 for me but oh well. A good birthday present to myself :)

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Sash! posted:

A friend of mine came to visit this weekend and we caught up on the three seasons of VB that he'd missed out on. The single biggest laugh out of him for the whole thing was....

poo poo, it's Chuck Scarsdale! Hide, or we're going to be on the news!

It's such a great line.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, that one is in my favorites and it's one I quote constantly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AlternateNu posted:

My favorite non-sequitur joke from the later seasons is still Doc and Billy coming out of President Grover Cleveland's Time Machine.

Like with Escape to the House of Mummies, this is the kinda thing that makes a great joke in the moment but is also a real genre thing; of course being on the other end of a time travel story is a total non sequitur.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Allright so! Significant plotlines to resolve just off the top of my head:

1. Rusty and The Monarch shared a womb.
2. The Mom (the Venture boys' mom, not the Venture boys' mom).
3. Movie Night.
4. Hank/The Bat and Dean and Sirena.
5. Molotov? Did that ever get resolved? Brock's kind of moved on now.
6. Agent Stephanie McManus and S-464 I cannot be the only one invested in this plotline

Someone mentioned The Peril Partnership but I think they resolved that in The Forecast Manufacturer. I'm also holding back from just writing "What was Jonas Sr's whole deal and why was he such an rear end in a top hat?" because I think the answer is simply "He's an rear end in a top hat."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nilbop posted:

Allright so! Significant plotlines to resolve just off the top of my head:

2. The Mom (the Venture boys' mom, not the Venture boys' mom).
3. Movie Night.
4. Hank/The Bat and Dean and Sirena.
5. Molotov? Did that ever get resolved? Brock's kind of moved on now.
6. Agent Stephanie McManus and S-464 I cannot be the only one invested in this plotline

Someone mentioned The Peril Partnership but I think they resolved that in The Forecast Manufacturer. I'm also holding back from just writing "What was Jonas Sr's whole deal and why was he such an rear end in a top hat?" because I think the answer is simply "He's an rear end in a top hat."

#6 has already been resolved at the end of The Forecast Manufacturer.

#5 is pretty much resolved as well. She's still just an assassin running around, but Brock has definitely moved on to other women. I wouldn't be shocked if she showed up in the movie, but I also wouldn't be shocked if Molotov is absent entirely.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wasn't Movie Night also resolved? I thought that was literally the whole point of the Morphic Trilogy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We don’t know who pulled the lever. It could have been Vendata. It might have been Bud Armstrong passing out after seeing the sex video and accidentally pulled the lever. We don’t know who actually did it, but Manstrong is the only one who explicitly was not in the hanger. They don’t say where Vendata was.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I think movie night is better left as a loose end at this point, we have enough clues to make an educated guess but narratively it's served it's purpose and it's probably more interesting if the truth is left ambiguous. I'd rather the movie just focus on wrapping up the Rusty/Monarch plotlines and resolving things with the boys whilst throwing enough fan service and cameos in the mix to satisfy longterm fans and give everyone who matters a proper send-off.

The boy's mother could probably fit into the mix too but I'd be fine if we never met her either.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This is the Venture Bros we're talking about, Doc probably did something embarrassing like steal the DNA of a minor celebrity he had a crush on after failing to hit it off with them at a party, then used it to grow the boys in a lab. He can't tell them because it's incredibly creepy, not because it's interesting or important.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

They shared the same genetic father but I don't think anything was ever mentioned about them sharing the same mother.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Did they ever get into why The Monarch hates Dr. Venture? He didn't know they were related until the last season, right?

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

pooch516 posted:

Did they ever get into why The Monarch hates Dr. Venture? He didn't know they were related until the last season, right?

________________________________/

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pooch516 posted:

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch seems to know why but did not give an actual answer.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This is the Venture Bros we're talking about, Doc probably did something embarrassing like steal the DNA of a minor celebrity he had a crush on after failing to hit it off with them at a party, then used it to grow the boys in a lab. He can't tell them because it's incredibly creepy, not because it's interesting or important.

Kate Jackson meow

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

There's something almost adorable about Rusty believing Dolly Parton was going to get naked in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

It's not, but almost.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Splint Chesthair posted:

There's something almost adorable about Rusty believing Dolly Parton was going to get naked in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

It's not, but almost.

Hey, we've all made this mistake at 12. TYVM.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

pooch516 posted:

I think the closest they've said is the hints that it had to do with Rusty making fun of his poems back in college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

drrockso20 posted:

I think the closest they've said is the hints that it had to do with Rusty making fun of his poems back in college

He stole a toy from him when they were kids.