Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
People who say let's go brandon and have very strong views on God and patriotism historically are not a very tolerant group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

yeah i'm not going to bat for this doofus. I do see your point though. it's wild that the let's go brandon poo poo is the most cultural penetration nascar has gotten since dale died

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Matty D didn't deserve and wasn't going to get a ride on talent, and he realized by acting like saying things most people in American motorsports just have slightly enough tact not to say out loud was the reason why, he can get a job at Clay Travis's site

So actually I think he's smart

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if he's so smart why doesn't he just win some god drat races

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if uncle joe wants a second term he should make it illegal to have a championship race at one of truex's pet tracks

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
A fitting end for StarCom

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Congrats to Quin Houff on...not dying, I guess?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ricky stenhouse stay wrecking

e: wrecky stenhouse

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

this is the first exciting thing that has happened in the last three hours

as though Truex needed a fuckin' break, tho

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/AwfulRacing/status/1457488698723897347

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

we're running out of dudes who randomly wreck late, but newman is still back there

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i don't know who starr is but thank christ

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Probably the right result, and a really dull product. I found much greater entertainment in Teddy Bridgewater does Dallas. Not sure what NASCAR thinks it has to offer viewers more than this.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

there were a lot of really good races this season

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i mean his crew got him out front with a miracle stop and he held off a strong charge from truex in the last 20 laps. the best car from the season won the championship. i'm not sure what more people want from this sport

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kyle Larson can eat poo poo

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

shyduck posted:

he can eat whatever he wants buddy. hes a champion

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

The most deserving driver all year long won, he got the break he needed with the timing he procured, and it's whatever, with that much I'm satisfied.

But what I watched today, as the championship race, was largely a snoozer of a broadcast.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It came down to a pitstop

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

The most deserving driver all year long won, he got the break he needed with the timing he procured, and it's whatever, with that much I'm satisfied.

But what I watched today, as the championship race, was largely a snoozer of a broadcast.

yeah i get that. it's never gonna have that game 7 feel and this wackadoodle playoff format doesn't help at all.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Trucks and Xfinity were both fun

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

yeah the late cautions helped in those races though

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shyduck posted:

U can't cancel fast.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Honestly I've softened on him because he does seem contrite and fellow drivers including Bubba have vouched for him. Dude is obviously very talented. He's got some toxic terrible fans though

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Yeah when he talks about going to the Civil Rights Museum and all, he sounds sincere. You can tell me he only feels that way because it had consequences on his career, but that's another issue.

As I think I posted earlier this season: if we're allowing redemption, then he's probably earned that arc, and in turn, don't tell me that being canceled is a thing. You or I don't owe him that we should pretend like it all never happened, too, so make of it what you will.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The prevailing opinion on twitter seems to be that people deserve second chances. It's trite, but it's sports and you're not gonna get much more than that out of it. In the end we like who we like and when they win we're happy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Phoenix is worse than Miami for a season finale race.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

shyduck posted:

Honestly I've softened on him because he does seem contrite and fellow drivers including Bubba have vouched for him. Dude is obviously very talented. He's got some toxic terrible fans though

lovely fans aside (and what driver doesn't have some?), yeah, I'm OK with Larson. He did an offensive, thoughtless, and stupid thing, but it doesn't seem to have been malicious, and he took full responsibility for it, apologised, and did everything he could to make amends. Sure, he was no doubt motivated at least in part by losing his ride and putting his career at risk, but that's kind of the point; he hosed up, he accepted the consequences for it, and he seems to have learned from his screw-up and (hopefully) become a better person as a result. If he'd continued the same behaviour, or he'd moaned about being "canceled" unfairly or been unwilling to own up to the fact that what he did was wrong, sure, that'd be a different story, but that wasn't the case here. Demanding that someone suffer for the rest of their life because of one foolish offensive thing they said, no matter how sorry they are for it or how much they've worked to make amends and improve themselves afterwards, is just ridiculous. People are flawed and do dumb poo poo sometimes; that's just the human condition. It's what you do after you gently caress up that defines what sort of person you are, and Larson seems a decent enough guy in that respect.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

After this year, I’m just thankful that this entire series and ancient formula is getting completely blown up for next year.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
he also said some dumbass poo poo about anthem protests a while back but whatever, he's no matty d

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Matty D will be driving for Uber next year

edit: confirmed

https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/1457753733757034500?t=o5yim0T-QE4-IuwUfxvjRA&s=19

It may not have been the best career move to piss off the Woods and by extension Ford and Penske

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 8, 2021

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the dumbest thing about matty d is that he somehow feels compelled to be outspoken and about things that probably 99% of people in the garage agree with but don't bring up

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah because those drivers still have enough common sense to know major sponsors don't really care for this poo poo. I know we all get on drivers for being stale scripted robots at times but that's just the game. Obviously you can get away with more if you've got some racing credentials behind you.

Matt probably could've gotten a top Xfinity ride next year if he just shut up, and that's probably gone

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dibenedetto is a massive loving loser, it turns out

couldn't even commit to being a shithead chud for more than a week lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

any % career in the toilet speedrun by matty d.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

at this point his only path back into the cup series is to say the n word

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shyduck posted:

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yeah when he talks about going to the Civil Rights Museum and all, he sounds sincere. You can tell me he only feels that way because it had consequences on his career, but that's another issue.

As I think I posted earlier this season: if we're allowing redemption, then he's probably earned that arc, and in turn, don't tell me that being canceled is a thing. You or I don't owe him that we should pretend like it all never happened, too, so make of it what you will.

I didn't realize until last night the SASCAR hivemind's ire was actually aimed at Larson's fans, not Kyle himself. That possibility hadn't occurred to me, but I get it; my personal ire with the Pittsburgh Penguins has nothing to do with Sidney Crosby et al (though gently caress Jeff Carter), but the god drat Yinzers who bleat their superiority on Twitter and make me want to see them finish last AND lose the Lottery.

I know I've said this in Discord, but the litmus test for me was Bubba's opinion on Larson. If Bubba had said "He's an rear end in a top hat and I'm going to put him firewall deep every chance I get", which would've been understandable, then Kyle would've been off limits. Instead, Bubba took the high road and has seemed sincere about it, while Kyle, though redeemed, will forever have the egg on his face for saying something really, really dumb. The end result is we have a NASCAR Cup Series season where people of color won 11 races and a championship and I'm here for it.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Yeah I really hate the Larson fans that are over the top right wingers saying wild poo poo all the time, and am at best neutral on Larson himself at this point, but I'll still never be a fan of that dude or celebrate his success.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1457849037592293380?t=oeXqk0gNDlSXKYIroBbObA&s=19

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that sucks