Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Long list for MLS Awards came out, and by long list I mean "every goal keeper is on the list".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Edward Mass posted:

Long list for MLS Awards came out, and by long list I mean "every goal keeper is on the list".

*scans list*

Where the gently caress is Alex Roldan? :argh:

My guesses:

MVP - Gil
GK - Turner
Defender - Andrade (I'm allowed one homer pick)
Newcomer - Arango
Young Player - Pepi
Comeback - Blanco (watch it be Gil because Revs or Chicharito because name recognition)
Coach - Arena (Schmetzer would've had a strong argument if not for the last 3 weeks :smith:)
No clue on humanitarian/refs

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Charlotte isn't super close, but I'd travel there before DC. no offense to dc, i just hate driving there.

is there a pickup/recreational thread anywhere?

Hey there - fellow virginian here. I also hate driving in DC.

Good news: you can drive to the closest metro stop to you without getting anywhere close to dc and ride the metro to audi field. its painless other than that it takes you more time than driving to get to the field.

with this method you have also unlocked the ability to attend washington football team nfl games if you choose because this is also the preferred method of getting to fed ex field :V

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The schedule this year was absolute poo poo and it's going to get worse with this dumbass MLS, Liga MX crossover bullshit. Don Garber sucks and I loving hate him.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Gerhard Struber has somehow gone and got himself suspended from tonights Atlanta v NYRB game due to yellow card accumulation. I didn’t know this was a thing for managers and I don’t even recall him getting yellow carded.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nationally broadcast Decision Day matchups will be NYRB @ Nashville (ESPN, 3:30PM EST) and Minnesota @ LA Galaxy (FS1, 6PM EST).

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Lol

https://twitter.com/turneresq/status/1456103618587742211?t=SmIyy5MJr3Re-nHYdtt-1g&s=19

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Hmmm, how can we piss off our current players *and* anyone we might want to sign in the near future?"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Revs sent out comms confirming the new logo. RIP crayon flag, you were so bad you were good.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

"Hmmm, how can we piss off our current players *and* anyone we might want to sign in the near future?"

I really don't get the outrage on this, Sunday's game is meaningless to Chicago so they absolutely should play the kids/people they want to keep next year, people who will be looking for a new club are better off knowing that ASAP and not risking themselves, and yeah Columbus theoretically could make the playoffs with the right results on Sunday but it's really not a plausible enough outcome to worry about (needs NYRB to lose at Nashville, DC to not win at Toronto, AND a 7 goal swing between the NSH-RBNY and CLB-CHI results).

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
they've spent at least the last hour and a half on 98.5 talking about the Revs. I mean, part of that was the weekly interview with Bruce, but this might be the most air time I've ever heard them give MLS. Scott Zolak is all in on the new crest AND the cup baybee

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Deleted. What did he say?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Deleted. What did he say?

Chicago informed some players that their options were declined. Twellman reported that says players wouldn't be traveling for their final match, which Miki was responding to in the deleted tweet. Now it's being reported that the only player who isn't traveling is Calvo, because he's traveling for WCQ.

The initial report made it sound like the players were basically in mutiny and kinda made the front office look bad.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
At halftime in one of last night's games Twellman went off about how like seven Fire players (including 6 regular starters) who'd been told they wouldn't be back next year were refusing to play/didn't feel like playing vs. Columbus on Sunday.

Turns out 6 of them will be travelling with the team anyway (Calvo is joining his international team early) and presumably available for selection (though unlikely to be since Klopas should absolutely play the kids/evaluate talent for next year), so OP deleted their tweet since, I guess, Twellman had exaggerated the situation.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So what you're saying, and I am shocked by this, is that Taylor Twellman was being a moron

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tab Ramos out at Houston, which is not terribly surprising.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dates for next season have been announced:

First day of the regular season is the 26th of February
Last day of the regular season is the 9th of October
MLS Cup is the 5th of November, just prior to the World Cup in Qatar

Nashville is moving back to the West, but the actually interesting news is that no team will play more than 5 midweek games.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-2022-season-start-date-schedule-format-and-conference-alignment-announced

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guessing the only reason the league didn't move Chicago is because 24 years beats 3.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Cutting the midweek games down is very good news

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Guessing the only reason the league didn't move Chicago is because 24 years beats 3.

Nashville is clearly more "West" than Chicago. You can tell because the city of Chicago is actually somewhat important.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Azerban posted:

Nashville is clearly more "West" than Chicago. You can tell because the city of Chicago is actually somewhat important.

At least we have important cities in our country :colbert:

G-Hawk posted:

Cutting the midweek games down is very good news

:hmmyes:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 5, 2021

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i saw that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Would’ve preferred Chicago in the West (so Austin can play them for the first time guaranteed), but otherwise it’s the most logical format given the stupid winter World Cup.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
As seen on Reddit:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mods, please rename me kickstuff@aol.com (unless that's against the rules)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Man, I didn't even notice the e-mail addresses.

lol Colorado's

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Mods, please rename me kickstuff@aol.com (unless that's against the rules)
It's hard to remember how dominant AOL used to be.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

whypick1 posted:

Man, I didn't even notice the e-mail addresses.

lol Colorado's
*Takes drag off cigarette* CompuServe. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Does anyone know if they are going to make the current substitution rules permanent?

I hope they do I like more subs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seems like it will happen

Didn't realize PL went back to three subs :laugh:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The only problem I have with the five-sub rule is that it has to be done in three windows, and that makes things complicated.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
complicated sub rules own.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
31,635 in Foxboro to see the Revs hoist the Shield tonight. pretty good

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Edward Mass posted:

The only problem I have with the five-sub rule is that it has to be done in three windows, and that makes things complicated.

Is that really that complicated? You get 3 windows to make max 5 subs. I really don't think that is that complicated and if a HC or Ref can't keep track of that they need their head examined.

Glad it looks like they might make it permanent. I've always thought 3 subs is way too low especially when you basically always had to hold one in reserve in case of serious injury.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wondo just retired.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

channels for round 1

nvm

TwoStepBoog fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 8, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Wondo just retired.

Something something Belgium

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Those are projections.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

It's a sad day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The teams that did not make the playoffs in the west were all of the teams from Texas and California. :discourse: