Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Kept plays alive and saw the blitz well, it just unfolded so quickly I have no idea what he could have done without more helpful hots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
It's so cool seeing the Packers drafted a garbage QB who not only wont be a HOFer but also won't even be a pro bowler

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
He was missing hots pretty constantly

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mastershakeman posted:

It's so cool seeing the Packers drafted a garbage QB who not only wont be a HOFer but also won't even be a pro bowler

They do that all the time.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Good Will Hrunting posted:

It's amazing to me that people think a backup NFL quarterback replacing the starter will be good immediately "because defense bad".
He's had a year and a half to learn. Shoulda torched that terrible Defense.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
"Learn" what exactly?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

They do that all the time.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time since the 80s. Trust me. The Packers are doomed to be worse than the Vikings (but not the lions)

Just terrible QB play. I've seen bad qbs and I know what they look like. Love isn't even as good as trubiski, you should trade for him asap

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
There's no coming back from this. It's time for the Packers to move on from Jordan love , he stinks

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Monoclonal antibodies will save him

he'll credit Joe Rogan and the ivermectin

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Is Stafford vax’d? Should I root for the Rams?

You should always be rooting for Stafford.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MJeff posted:

You should always be rooting for Stafford.

We finally agree on something.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

he'll credit Joe Rogan and the ivermectin

Quite frankly I'm shocked he even mentioned the antibodies. Would love to hear his stance on the Merck pill, or maybe not lmao

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I asked my dad and brother this question:
Do you actually WANT the Lions to win any games? Everyone knows that this is a lost season for them. If you want them to at least be in competitive games, ok, fine. But do you want them to WIN those?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mercenarynuker posted:

Do you actually WANT the Lions to win any games? Everyone knows that this is a lost season for them. If you want them to at least be in competitive games, ok, fine. But do you want them to WIN those?

At this point, they can still win 1 game and get the 1st pick in the draft. I think that's psychologically better for the organization than going 0-17.

OTOH, is the first pick of the draft even all that valuable to an organization like the Lions, who have had that pick multiple times and still don't have much to show for it. :shrug:

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
Love played well enough to win, oline played awful, special teams was a disaster. It really felt like Adams was checked out for a lot of this game too which isn’t great. Aaron looked like rear end his second year too so I’m not super mad at him yet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

He's had a year and a half to learn. Shoulda torched that terrible Defense.

That is a very solid argument is what I say as I look down at my angry crayon drawing of a 'G' with an X over it and some poop I've tried to draw on it except the box didn't have brown so I used silver instead and the G actually turned into a 6

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mercenarynuker posted:

I would prefer Dan Campbell not have to wait until 2022 to get his first win as a coach.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
To be fair, Love did not make any mistakes as bad as Stafford (and Wentz before him) just made.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

surf rock posted:

To be fair, Love did not make any mistakes as bad as Stafford (and Wentz before him) just made.

Just came here to post this :lol:

Love… better than Stafford? :shrek:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mercenarynuker posted:

i want to see dan campbell get jacked and juiced after a win, even though it will almost certainly be against the bears

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mercenarynuker posted:

If you go into 2022 having zero (0) wins it's pretty demoralizing and it's hard to revamp team culture like that. If Campbell can point to 2-3 victories as the stepping stones for a true team and culture rebuild it'll go a lot better for him. And 2-3 victories should easily still get the #1 overall.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh no, I thought about rooting for Stafford and he instantly melted down. :ohdear:

Maybe it’s me :shrug:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Does anyone have that Fox Nfl skit they did today of the 10 year reunion ripping on the Lions? It was a little ham handed but still schadenfreude hilarious

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bears v Steelers is gonna be toxic to the eyes, I can't wait

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
The other thing about Love I forgot to add was the wind at the start of the game was 20mph which might explain why some of the early throws from both qbs looked like garbage.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Jimong5 posted:

The other thing about Love I forgot to add was the wind at the start of the game was 20mph which might explain why some of the early throws from both qbs looked like garbage.

Also unsure why the game plan had Love throwing 34 times in a two possession game when both running backs averaged over 4 YPC

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Love didn’t look great but it seemed like he was also running a playbook mostly designed for rodgers. Especially on some of those blitz plays where the play developed quickly, the pocket collapsed and the qb had to make a quick read and hit the open guy mid-route. Rodgers can do that, and Love obviously can’t, but he seemed to do well on some of the option plays and would probably benefit more from a scheme built around a mobile quarterback. The special team fuckups were way more worrisome and shifted the game by 9 points, which would have been 13 if the D hadn’t held the chiefs to 3 after that muffed punt.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Seeing the same type of hate for Jordan Love that Justin Fields is getting. I don't know what people are expecting. Maybe give them a break? They didn't get asked to be drafted in the first round.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

mercenarynuker posted:

I want the Lions to win on Thanksgiving.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

COVID-19 was created in a lab under Soldier Field and released upon the public to finally rid the Packers of Aaron Rodgers.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/sumdummmy/status/1457481616713035778

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

There's no coming back from this. It's time for the Packers to move on from Jordan love , he stinks

Nothing like the debut of hof qb Matt Flynn

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I have fond memories of Rodgers coming in for an injured Favre against the Cowboys and completely making GBS threads it up before breaking his foot.

What in saying is Love will be a HoF quarterback.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Love didn’t look great but Packers are consistently bad on daylight savings weekend the last couple years so maybe it’s a fluke?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also I forgot that Flynn had an okay start against the pats before the insane 6td game against the lions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't even enjoy the Packers sucking and losing because the Rams sucked and lost too. Thanks a lot, Packers, you ruin everything. :mad:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Bip Roberts posted:

Nothing like the debut of hof qb Matt Flynn

Matt Flynn also could have won his first start if he didn’t get hosed over by incompetent special teams.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Love looked ok, but you can't expect too much out of a guy that hasn't gotten to play with the first team. I'm more concerned with the playcalling, I think we tried a screen twice all game? And maybe go after Sorenson, since he's, you know, trash?

But can't be too upset about a one-score loss to a team with a SB offense, since we were missing: starting LT, TE, QB, NT, OLB, CB1, CB3. That's probably over half of our salary cap in those players. Special teams needs to get its poo poo together, though, that was a drat clown show.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

baby don't hurt me

don't hurt me

no more

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Just last week the Packer's O-Line was one of the best in the league and now Love's poor performance is their fault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

Love didn’t look great but Packers are consistently bad on daylight savings weekend the last couple years so maybe it’s a fluke?

Rodgers would have scored over 30 points.