Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I think he had a really rough first season or so but has righted things to such an extent that he's now right up there with Tucker. So I think that speaks pretty highly of him.

yeah and tucker looks even better if you remove all his missed kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

he has less than half the attmepts lol

That's why I said eventually. He had a very rough beginning so ever getting to that elite level is something in itself. And he has close to 150 attempts--that is more than enough to start seriously measuring him. People were talking about Tucker's accuracy very early on too.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

That's why I said eventually. He had a very rough beginning so ever getting to that elite level is something in itself. And he has close to 150 attempts--that is more than enough to start seriously measuring him. People were talking about Tucker's accuracy very early on too.

man just hush

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

every kick is a 50/50 chance u either make it or u don't

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

save us pop dog

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Anyone have any opinions on whether it's better to make it to the Super Bowl and lose or not make the playoffs at all?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
i love how he sticks to an inferior argument simply because one side is the ravens

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

No offense but I think Justin tucker is good at kicking a football

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Much like the nba it’s a make or miss league

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I mean urlacher did play on worse teams

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The NFL's RNG is clearly broken. Way too many successful XPs!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Where does Sebastian Janikowski rank?

I saw Janikowsi hit like a 62-yard FG to end the half in Cleveland probably 8-10 years ago. From the dawg pound, that poo poo looked like a goddamn half mile away. Dude is a beast.

That said… has anyone said Justin Fucker?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No. What? No!

Why would anyone do something so cruel?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Janikowski was one of the best power guys ever and probably would have hit a 70 yarder if he'd gotten more opportunities. But only like 80% accuracy for career so not up there with Tucker and Butker.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

seabass is a meme and was never good

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Chris Boswell has been as good as Tucker, except the year he was bad and single handedly lost a few games.

It's also not fair the Ravens had Matt Stover for 12 years.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Sour Diesel posted:

seabass is a meme and was never good

yeah he wasnt even a good long distance kicker, he was just fat.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Chris Boswell has been as good as Tucker, except the year he was bad and single handedly lost a few games.

It's also not fair the Ravens had Matt Stover for 12 years.

i'm one of the dudes that legitimately feels bad for cundiff lol. weirdly i remember being really mad that harbaugh didn't call a timeout before the field goal attempt, since it felt like everyone was getting rushed out and they barely got the kick off before a delay of game penalty. but, for obvious reasons i have never actually revisited that game

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Janikowski was one of the best power guys ever and probably would have hit a 70 yarder if he'd gotten more opportunities. But only like 80% accuracy for career so not up there with Tucker and Butker.

yeah and king boo is one of the best technique guys. if you want someone with speed you'll want to pick toad. power wise janikowski is only okay - i would pick either bowser, tucker, or maybe chain chomp

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kawalimus posted:

the dude who just blew away the record for longest fg kick ever? hes only ok because theres some young hotshot kicker who looks like he has the potential to maybe be as good one day, plus theres that other guy with an average career who was hilariously insanely overdrafted and also missed all the shots he got at setting the fg record but he kicked the ball really loving hard.

Kawalimus posted:

justin cant kick

cmon thats like saying a kirtlands warbler isnt as rare as a colima warbler because you can just go to michigan instead of all the way to mexico to see it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Magicpants posted:

cmon thats like saying a kirtlands warbler isnt as rare as a colima warbler because you can just go to michigan instead of all the way to mexico to see it

I didn't say any of that! I said Janikowski is nowhere near those two. But I enjoyed the analogy :D

Borsche69 posted:

i'm one of the dudes that legitimately feels bad for cundiff lol. weirdly i remember being really mad that harbaugh didn't call a timeout before the field goal attempt, since it felt like everyone was getting rushed out and they barely got the kick off before a delay of game penalty. but, for obvious reasons i have never actually revisited that game

I wasn't mad about the situation but I blamed Harbaugh and Cameron mostly. We had timeouts and could have gotten a first down there instead of just taking shots into the end zone. So we could have iced that game with more TD chances.

Cundiff was just a real bad kicker who had a freak good year.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I didn't say any of that! I said Janikowski is nowhere near those two. But I enjoyed the analogy :D

I wasn't mad about the situation but I blamed Harbaugh and Cameron mostly. We had timeouts and could have gotten a first down there instead of just taking shots into the end zone. So we could have iced that game with more TD chances.

Cundiff was just a real bad kicker who had a freak good year.

the real sins on that last drive was the shotgun draw to ricky williams on 2nd down and joe forcing a dumb pass to pitta on 3rd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kickers are always the best

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Kickers aren't always the best! It's a team effort!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kicker 👋

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

the real sins on that last drive was the shotgun draw to ricky williams on 2nd down and joe forcing a dumb pass to pitta on 3rd

I don't remember those but I do remember being mad at things we were doing. Bad use of Ricky Williams was one of the things we did that always got me annoyed. The thing was at 2nd and 1 with a timeout there was no reason to not try to get the first down there on 3rd then we could have four shots to the end zone and probably won.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kawalimus posted:

I didn't say any of that!

if you didnt say it then how come i quoted you saying it? are you calling me a liar?!? first he calls justin tucker the worst kicker in the league and then he calls me a liar!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Justin Tucker is a kicksin... no... a riftsin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

justin kicker keeps trying to trade a 22 resist mara's, an ist, and a shako for a Ber. like 5 times a day i see him advertising. give it up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Warms my heart to see the thread finally turn against kawalimus 6 years after telling us we were wrong for getting into fights with him

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Does the Hundred Acre Wood turn against Eeyore when he gets in a sad mood

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Warms my heart to see the thread finally turn against kawalimus 6 years after telling us we were wrong for getting into fights with him

I mean...if I were upset by people fighting with me I think I wouldve been gone from here long ago :D

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think many of us necessarily agree with him often but it's extremely funny to see people meltdown about his posts so I am in favor of them

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

the only winning move is not to post

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Only mentally weak people fall for a Kawalimus argument or get upset by it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's nothing to fall for. if you want to get mad at my friend or speak philosophically about him as a subject be my guest. here's your clown paint

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Fifty Three posted:

i wish u would be a winner

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting

Sun Tzu

- SA user fifty three

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's fun to get mad sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone who is attacking him is a moron