Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Helms isn't wrong that there is a poo poo load of media that just exists to promote big corporate IP, but of course he sees this as a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
imo the biggest facet of those hurricane tweets is how he summarizes 'reporting on wwe's releases and how badly the wrestlers were mistreated' as 'constantly being negative about wrestling'

you know, because there's no reporting anywhere in those sites about positive things happening to wrestlers behind the scenes. it's not about wwe so it's not about wrestling, clearly

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's just such an extremely Wrestling Bubble mindset when you go off about "knowing the behind-the-scenes ruins the fan experience," as if there wasn't an entire generation of movie fans who grew up with DVD commentaries and podcasts and became even more passionate about the craft as a result. I know firsthand people who watched all those Lord of the Rings DVD extras that are longer than the actual movies and were inspired to become filmmakers themselves. Nobody ever dismissed the film business as fake or unrealistic just because they learned how Peter Jackson used forced perspective to make the hobbit actors look smaller than they really are.

It's all insecure bullshit from old wrestlers who can't admit that the business has passed them by.

Benne fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 7, 2021

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Also, in wwe's case the back stage stuff is far more interesting than what actually makes it on TV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

It's just such an extremely Wrestling Bubble mindset when you go off about "knowing the behind-the-scenes ruins the fan experience," as if there wasn't an entire generation of movie fans who grew up with DVD commentaries and podcasts and became even more passionate about the craft as a result. I know firsthand people who watched all those Lord of the Rings DVD extras that are longer than the actual movies and were inspired to become filmmakers themselves. Nobody ever dismissed the film business as fake or unrealistic just because they learned how Peter Jackson used forced perspective to make the hobbit actors look smaller than they really are.

It's all insecure bullshit from old wrestlers who can't admit that the business has passed them by.

In the 80s they used to just put,"The making of <x>" shows on television that were all about how whatever the most recent hit blockbuster was made because people ate (and continue to eat) that stuff up, people love to see behind the scenes featurettes, making ofs etc and probably always will.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

In the 80s they used to just put,"The making of <x>" shows on television that were all about how whatever the most recent hit blockbuster was made because people ate (and continue to eat) that stuff up, people love to see behind the scenes featurettes, making ofs etc and probably always will.

MTV aired a The Making of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' short film about the music video and people ate it up.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
and now we throw live to Sportscenter’s trade deadline coverage [Scott Van Pelt looks directly into the camera and says “Just watch the games you fuckin marks”]

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I dont even know what Helm's point is, like is he just asking people to "ignore the bullshit reasons why your favorite workers were shitcanned?" People were not cut due to "budget" so of course people want to know why this insane company did the firings

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

the point is getting patted on the head and being told you're a good company boy by vince

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The internet blew the business wide open in like 1997 and it didn't kill the industry. It's still right here even after the Monday Night Wars ended.

This also completely exposes all the old guys as never having cared about kayfabe and protecting the industry. They're just mad that they're no longer part of a special exclusive club with special exclusive lingo that only they can use.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

King Bahamut posted:

and now we throw live to Sportscenter’s trade deadline coverage [Scott Van Pelt looks directly into the camera and says “Just watch the games you fuckin marks”]

lmao

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Why can't you people just enjoy the entertaining product (that is decisively not entertaining) and cheer for the wrestlers (who we've booked to all be geek losers who suck).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1457129670948835333?s=20

He won his only match in AEW, just fyi.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

cauliflower jones posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1457192971036672000?t=MK5U4W7ARddQ-unKPx_k8A&s=19

The Hurricane throwing a tantrum on twitter, go through his replies to see the real being a baby stuff

https://twitter.com/RSonny33/status/1457368686688415748

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/rdamon1982/status/1457405599348559879?t=6HGcf2nmmUqwczlmIaJMXQ&s=19

That he's literally wearing a Cornette face mask is so on the nose I feel i'm being in some avant garde performance art.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1457040151184556033

At least Denise don't miss.

https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1457479118048534530?s=21

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brad Shephard is quickly devolving into a guy who really needs the poo poo kicked out of him and i’m sure it will happen, the narcissism to be that much of a failure, loser unloved hack and to spout off like that is unreal

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn :lol:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Imagine unironically using the word "broad" when talking about a woman in 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol what a killshot

dude should delete his twitter

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I genuinely wonder if he has a public humiliation fetish.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1456277525034844161?t=wsLenAZxZFzpiMdfJOd9lQ&s=19

Butt Beauty

Hashtag BradsButtBeauty

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Jobber of the week is the one person who listens to it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SIRCARTIERIII/status/1457397195326595073

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
nobody was even paying attention, actually

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE belt faker than NJPW hw belt

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

nobody was even paying attention, actually

I literally forgot that storyline because the bigger deal was during that reign he was not once placed as the main event. John Cena v Johnny Ace main evented over CM Punk v Bryan Danielson for the belt.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Do they really think AEW fans give a poo poo about Roman Reigns at this point? I barely follow WWE anymore and as far as I can tell he's just been doing the same boring poo poo week after week and people are acting like it's the greatest championship run in the history of wrestling

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Didn't Brock already surpass his reign anyway just because they had to be petty? Like nobody gives a poo poo at this point.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

cagliostr0 posted:

Jobber of the week is the one person who listens to it

So Brad?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Drakkel posted:

Do they really think AEW fans give a poo poo about Roman Reigns at this point? I barely follow WWE anymore and as far as I can tell he's just been doing the same boring poo poo week after week and people are acting like it's the greatest championship run in the history of wrestling

Its like that few years where it was said Jay Lethal was the greatest ROH champion ever during his reign. No one really went out of their way to see it and once it ended everyone went back to debating Joe, Danielson and McGuinness with no one thinking of Lethal. Reigns may be having the best reign ever but, like Punk's, circumstances outside their control means it will have no legacy or longevity.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

roman's title reign should have 1000% just ended with that Balor match. Most of the interesting matchups he could have had are now gone/released and he's already beaten everyone---KO was another guy who should have been a guy to dethrone him and then he lost in the stupidest way possible next to Balor's clumsy tripup. Brock/Rock doesn't interest me at all and there's just nobody left sans like, Pete Dunne (if they ever pulled that trigger) who would benefit from beating him.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

roman's title reign should have 1000% just ended with that Balor match. Most of the interesting matchups he could have had are now gone/released and he's already beaten everyone---KO was another guy who should have been a guy to dethrone him and then he lost in the stupidest way possible next to Balor's clumsy tripup. Brock/Rock doesn't interest me at all and there's just nobody left sans like, Pete Dunne (if they ever pulled that trigger) who would benefit from beating him.

My guess is they'll just have him hold the title permanently until Gable Steveson or Bron Breakker is called up and then they'll immediately beat him in the most unsatisfying way possible and then he'll probably just win the title back from them later the same week for HEEEEAAATTT

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

get his rear end Denise

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He's taking his rear end-kicking well

https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1457498690541826049?s=20

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

he's getting utterly murdered in the replies too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

He claims to be unleashed and yet his logo is a dog on a leash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

he's getting utterly murdered in the replies too.

https://twitter.com/G0AwayHeat/status/1457520529498329090

Ahahaha holy poo poo :lol:

Drakkel posted:

:hfive:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice logo, circa 2003 college bro t-shirt.

The self-importance of these people never ceases to amaze me. Does he not realize that people can just not listen to his podcast? Does he actually think he's far reaching in any way? Does he think people are going to tune in in droves just to participate in their own one-sided abuse?

Drakkel posted:

No, you see, one of the links of the chain is broken. HE'S OFF THE CHAIN WATCH OUT.

You'd be forgiven for not noticing because there's so much poo poo going on in that pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Drakkel posted:

all i'll ever need to know about roman reigns is that he couldn't outdraw the bunny. they can have him break sammartino's record and it'll still be "yeah, but he couldn't outdraw the bunny"