Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is it just me or is the final labyrinth difficulty really cranked up? I went from never giving the defensive buffs a second thought to worrying Kokomi could actually die.

In any case, pretty fun event. I hope we see more of Xinyan and Flat Samley in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it just me or is the final labyrinth difficulty really cranked up? I went from never giving the defensive buffs a second thought to worrying Kokomi could actually die.

In any case, pretty fun event. I hope we see more of Xinyan and Flat Samley in the future.

That last one is. I was playing my Hu Tao/XQ/Sucrose/Zhong Li team andI got sloppy and my Hu Tao bit it.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I'm pretty sure the last labyrinth has abyss 12 scaling and some encounters are more deadlier than what we usually see in the abyss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Abyss isn't dangerous power-wise, most of the difficulty is because of the timer and inflated HP pool.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Sometimes it is, like the old 12-2-2 mimic hell and anytime the put hydro aura on something not trivial tbh. Double geovishaps with abyss scaling was reallty rough back then if you had no strong shielder. Right now the only challenge in the current one is having to engage with maguu kenki mechanics.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember way back when there was an electro and 2 cryo cicin mages, and I would emerge from that floor mostly dead because the only pyro character I had were a level 70 XL built as a spear carry and a level 40 amber.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I was trying to get a C1 Thoma, but I popped an early Hu Tao, without particularly being interested in getting her. I know she's strong, but shes my third 5-star pyro DPS (Klee and Yoimiya) but I guess she's better, so Ill invest in her.

Now I'm getting close to my next pity (and still no C1 Thoma :smith: ) Is C1 that important on her? If C1 is that great on her, I dont mind dropping another 20 primos to try for it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I have a bad feeling the Always Cryo abyss cycle is coming back.

How do you use the geo MC to make shields? If I auto-target it misses more often than not with smaller enemies. Manually targeting is slower but even when it hits it doesn't always generate a shard (or generates it on the opposite side and I'm not dashing around to look.) They are just so unreliable at shielding that I give up using them. I have a c4 Thoma I could work on but I am not leveling another pyro character right now. I can't keep converting all my ascension materials to agate chunks.

Kale posted:

I wasn't entirely prepared for the Genshin Impact on PC experience. I always knew the game wasn't particularly optimized for PS4, but I have first hand experience for just how big the difference is now. Better visuals, better frame rate, better performance, better loads times. Something about the games assets are clearly scaled down for the PS4, though I can't quite put my finger on it exactly. I don't think I can run this game from PS4 anymore once I get my DS4 profile setup with the new machine now that I've seen the sheer difference first hand.
Anisotropic filtering is off by default but it can make the game look nicer. Perhaps it's off by default because of the stylized art direction. More realistic-looking ground textures do contrast a little with the models and scenery.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

geo mc isnt really a character you use for shielding. they're a geo dps.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the game ever acknowledge if you play as certain characters? I'm kinda disappointed this comission where the guy keeps going on about Barbara didn't change even a line while playing as her, or that being Raiden when Raiden declares you an outlaw doesn't change anything.

Even a one off joke would be good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, it doesn't ever do that at any point.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
You have to trigger a crystallize reaction and pickup the elemental shard to get a shield with Geo MC. To trigger crystallize you need to either apply geo to a target that has another element applied already or apply another element to a target that has geo already applied. The elemental shard shields are fairly small.

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Crystallize

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Azhdaha having a different intro voiceline for Zhongli being present makes me think they just want to have a good enough reason to do context-sensitive stuff like that. for jokes i can understand it being a low priority, especially since the game already pokes fun at itself in various ways with asides and the set dialogue options.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Had a good weekend with Genshin. Realized the power of the tazer comp with a built-up Sucrose and Beidou bringing in a 9 star clear on Abyss 12. Made some pulls on the banner and got spooked by Qiqi, which is exactly what I wanted to happen. Had some fun with the new event.

They should run events like this as alternatives for domains. Instead of the same battle that's always been in there, have this cool alternative challenge based on the new activity. Different fight but you get the same reward.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tae posted:

Abyss isn't dangerous power-wise, most of the difficulty is because of the timer and inflated HP pool.

I've taken ~14k damage in one hit before from an abyss Kairagi.
It was real annoying when my supports were underleveled and abyss stuff would sometimes just randomly instagib them and force me to restart.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

dogsicle posted:

Azhdaha having a different intro voiceline for Zhongli being present makes me think they just want to have a good enough reason to do context-sensitive stuff like that. for jokes i can understand it being a low priority, especially since the game already pokes fun at itself in various ways with asides and the set dialogue options.
The weekly boss refights are already pitched as memories in your head, though, so you can still kinda argue that the Zhongli in your party is non-canon. (You have a trial Zhongli for the story Azhdaha fight.)

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I've taken ~14k damage in one hit before from an abyss Kairagi.
It was real annoying when my supports were underleveled and abyss stuff would sometimes just randomly instagib them and force me to restart.

Yeah those big samurai guys can destroy my zhongli shield in 1 hit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I never got past the standard abyss because floor 7 sucks rear end

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What team do you guys use when running around the world and killin poo poo / getting chests?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyoro posted:

What team do you guys use when running around the world and killin poo poo / getting chests?

Raiden national after getting Raiden, since my of my chests are collected.

Sucrose/ Fischl/Beidou/Kokomi on the newest island since some of the puzzles still require electro.

My new team for horsing around/events is Hu Tao/XQ/Sucrose/Zhong Li

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I was trying to get a C1 Thoma, but I popped an early Hu Tao, without particularly being interested in getting her. I know she's strong, but shes my third 5-star pyro DPS (Klee and Yoimiya) but I guess she's better, so Ill invest in her.

Now I'm getting close to my next pity (and still no C1 Thoma :smith: ) Is C1 that important on her? If C1 is that great on her, I dont mind dropping another 20 primos to try for it.

c1 hu tao is very good

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

Up until last week I was running Ayaka/XQ/Kaz/Diona (and I'd recommend it if you have access to Ayaka and Kazuha because of how incredible water-running and a double-jump are), but now I'm enjoying Hu Tao/XQ/Kaz/Thoma for "oh oops the enemies are just...dead now I guess?" surprises.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Nyoro posted:

Seconding Ayaka/Kazuha/hydro/cryo , which was a lovely team that took me through all of Inazuma, but now that the first two have maxed out friendship I'll probably rebuild something around Hu Tao and/or Raiden, plus a bunch of benchwarmers as supports, in order to keep things fresh.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Nyoro posted:

pre-kaz it was xiao/ZL/flex/Jean with the flex being whatever element I needed to solve overworld puzzles

now that i have kaz it's my childe/ZL/kaz/bennett team because it's just the most efficient

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Up until last week I was running Ayaka/XQ/Kaz/Diona (and I'd recommend it if you have access to Ayaka and Kazuha because of how incredible water-running and a double-jump are), but now I'm enjoying Hu Tao/XQ/Kaz/Thoma for "oh oops the enemies are just...dead now I guess?" surprises.

I don't like that kind of surprise, they always make me wonder just how much more damage I could've done before my bursts ran out.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

I don't like that kind of surprise, they always make me wonder just how much more damage I could've done before my bursts ran out.

Sadly it becomes the name of the game. Your options are OPPS, ALL DEAD and that one loving guy who you can't hurt because of bullshit reasons

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

MotU posted:

c1 hu tao is very good

Thanks for the advice, I went for C1 Hu Tao

aaaand got Diluc

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

:owned:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Nyoro posted:

Zhongli/Albedo, the other two slots vary a lot. Kazuha and Xingqiu are probably the most frequent thirds, with Raiden, Chongyun, Bennett, Fischl and Hu Tao competing for fourth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Thanks for the advice, I went for C1 Hu Tao

aaaand got Diluc

at least you're guaranteed to get the rate up 5* next time you roll one

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Nyoro posted:

Physical teams are my world exploration jam. Midgame before i got the goods I ran crescent pike xiangling, qiqi, fischl, and a flex slot (claymore)

Now my braindead team when I dont want to think is Eula, Diona, Raiden + Flex (which is often kazuha. He just groups everything nicely for the blender and if he doesn't kill with sac sword spam. Plus his skill is great for gliding).

Alternatively, my "gently caress around suboptimal but fun" team has been childe, raiden, noelle and ningguang. Just fun to use; usually taken for mining trips. Each of the characters gets a time to shine and synergizes in some way with another.

Mining and bow are always useful on overworld, so it puts an interesting constraint on team comps.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It was probably like a hundred+ pages ago when someone else observed this but a really fun use for Kazuha in the overworld is using his skill in the middle of an enemy camp and watching as the swirl from their campfire incinerates every enemy there. Large EM required.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish there was some real group content for this game. Something more than just grouping up to fight the regular bosses.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

They haven't done multiplayer focused events in a while it seems. Last one that stands out was hide and seek. I miss the horde mode: "Heres a bunch of poo poo or a boss. Kill it" multiplayer events that seemed more frequent around launch.

Stuff like the alchemy, falling star, and dragon spine events. Chaos is fun

Colorspray fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 8, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Colorspray posted:

They haven't done multiplayer focused events in a while it seems. Last one that stands out was hide and seek. I miss the horde mode: "Heres a bunch of poo poo or a boss. Kill it" multiplayer events that seemed more frequent around launch.

Stuff like the alchemy, falling star, and dragon spine events. Chaos is fun

One the first events, the one with the meteorites, had a big multiplayer brawl at the end. It also had very difficult fights with rewards that scaled to world level, and rewards that required resin to collect.

I guess a lot of people bounced off that event, because the survey afterwards was like, "Tell us how much you hate event rewards that scale with world level and require resin to collect".

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

It was probably like a hundred+ pages ago when someone else observed this but a really fun use for Kazuha in the overworld is using his skill in the middle of an enemy camp and watching as the swirl from their campfire incinerates every enemy there. Large EM required.

Give him a sacrificial sword and watch him pretty much take out the entire camp in two swirls, and then have his ult fully charged. No idea how brokenly op that'd be with his C1, where you could then jumps swirl AGAIN after firing his ult. That C1 looks absolutely sick.

super sweet best pal posted:

I wish there was some real group content for this game. Something more than just grouping up to fight the regular bosses.

Guess people didn't like them on the surveys

Helping out folks is one of my favorite things to do. I wish there was another way to arrange parties other than knowing the other person's UID or just getting a random match up.

Your friends list also needs to be about 15x larger and have the ability to sort friends. I feel like the reason it's so small is that it has an "online" tracking element to it.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
My problem with group content is that you can't bring your whole team. Just doesn't feel great to only have one or two skills and bursts.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh i use this all the time it's part of why kaz will literally never leave my team :getin:

also a fun combo with melee childe because it turns out standing in a lake of fire makes vaping rather easy

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Tanreall posted:

My problem with group content is that you can't bring your whole team. Just doesn't feel great to only have one or two skills and bursts.

It's this. Combat in this game in general kind of sucks because like 80% of their user base plays on mobile. It sucks a lot more when you're locked to 1 to 2 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

zero interest in co-op and it feels like the fact that it exists even detracts from the singleplayer as well, since we get events that use the stupid co-op mode and add load times to everything.

also can't say i understand what benefit it brings to the combat when reactions become more difficult to coordinate and enemies just get ballooned stats on top of it.