Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

go for a stroll posted:

OTOH the main ultrawide fix for Sekiro also let you stop R3 from centering the camera, so if there's something similar I'm installing it immediately anyway.

Why would you want this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh posted:

Gah.

Hanging arms, piled torsos. Straight into my vein please.

That crawling hairy brain with too many arms is actually brandishing a sword.

As if it wasn't crazy enough.

Also I just watched the trailer through my tv rather than my laptop and holy moly it's even better again.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

GodFish posted:

Why would you want this?

If you try and fail to lock onto something while moving, the camera will snap in the direction you were going. Now you're steering relative to the new camera orientation, which, if you had been running away from something while looking back at it, points you right back toward it. Sometimes it just runs you off a cliff.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Cinara posted:

60fps cap on PC, really Fromsoft?

That image only mentions playstation versions, though? Capping the PS5 version at 60fps makes sense. Do they mention a fps cap on the PC anywhere?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

elden ring out yet?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can only play it now if you combine a Series X a PS5 and a 3080 into a voltron gaming machine and send a picture to From

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
been out for weeks already platted

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it has korok seeds. i'm playing right now :)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm playing it now too really like that they added in audio logs and waypoints for quest objectives

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the login rewards are nice, you get enough free rolls that you'll usually get a 4 or 5 star ore every week without having to buy divine souls in the cash shop

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wasn't too thrilled that the starting loadouts are randomized so recreating your profile until you get S tier gear in each slot is optimal but i guess that's modern gaming for you

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I found a nice crafting material farming spot and I’ve been killing the same hog over and over for 57 hours straight

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Colonel Whitey posted:

I found a nice crafting material farming spot and I’ve been killing the same hog over and over for 57 hours straight

But this is something you might actually end up doing (if you want to), since there is crafting and there's all sorts of animals, like deer, birds, etc. and the crafting screen showed 'thin animal bones' as one of the items needed to make arrows.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
i'm just gonna do the soul dupe glitch and buy all my arrows like god intended

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

bop bop perano posted:

But this is something you might actually end up doing (if you want to), since there is crafting and there's all sorts of animals, like deer, birds, etc. and the crafting screen showed 'thin animal bones' as one of the items needed to make arrows.

Uhh yeah I know I’m doing it right now

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Just hit a blanket made of patches that somehow shoved me off a cliff, and then laughed about how it was going to loot my body. Then I escaped and met it again, and it promised to become a better blanket, that warms and comforts people instead of trying to smother them.

Then later it shoved me off another cliff, despite, again, being a blanket with no arms.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sum Gai posted:

Just hit a blanket made of patches that somehow shoved me off a cliff, and then laughed about how it was going to loot my body. Then I escaped and met it again, and it promised to become a better blanket, that warms and comforts people instead of trying to smother them.

Then later it shoved me off another cliff, despite, again, being a blanket with no arms.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
i just noticed that during the bit where they show off co op and they fight the boss on the horse, the other player uses an actual dragon's head to breathe fire on the horse, not like a stone dragon head or whatever. I assume you can get that from Godrick's boss soul or whatever, maybe it's an arcane tool?

Godrick's character animation rig is loving insane, one of the most complicated looking animation rigs I've seen in any video game.
https://i.imgur.com/bt0UgEk.mp4

imhotep fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 8, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

bop bop perano posted:

People in various comments sections have expressed an issue with the addition of crafting, but the alternative in DS/BB was to farm souls then visit a vendor to buy x999 of the item they wanted. It's interesting to see that this game will be full of neutral life, or just slightly less aggressive things that have useful resources. Hopefully we will just be able to find the simple things we need, when we want them, relatively quickly. There might be other stuff not shown like being able to retreive unbroken arrows.. I really hope they show another preview closer to release.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

That image only mentions playstation versions, though? Capping the PS5 version at 60fps makes sense. Do they mention a fps cap on the PC anywhere?

yes it's at the top of the image, you're blind

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

of course I won't even pretend that it will prevent me from buying this but it sure would be nice to play dark souls @ 144fps :(

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

petcarcharodon posted:

yes it's at the top of the image, you're blind

So I am. My bad.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ummm... yes please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMv5z7P2j4o

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems like a really stupid rear end place to lay an egg, dragon.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is Hans Zimmer level

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bop bop perano posted:

i just noticed that during the bit where they show off co op and they fight the boss on the horse, the other player uses an actual dragon's head to breathe fire on the horse, not like a stone dragon head or whatever. I assume you can get that from Godrick's boss soul or whatever, maybe it's an arcane tool?

Godrick's character animation rig is loving insane, one of the most complicated looking animation rigs I've seen in any video game.

It seems obvious why Godrick was showcased as a boss fight. What a creation.

And I think that dragon head breathing fire might be a...what's the word...spectre?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

getting the impression that a major theme is gonna be taking enemies' power for yourself, like demon's souls but even more explicit

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

CYBEReris posted:

getting the impression that a major theme is gonna be taking enemies' power for yourself, like demon's souls but even more explicit
"Grafting" is mentioned in the gameplay trailer.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

giZm posted:

"Grafting" is mentioned in the gameplay trailer.

yeah that's why I came to that conclusion

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
One of those Omni leaks (who knows if they're real) says that the player character is able to modify themselves in some way.

Also, there's something about the way the drake hits the player that is more convincing/tangible/discernible than their previous games.

I've often felt that the big boss makes a swiping motion and what part of it actually hit you was always fuzzy to me.

But if you look at the drake fight (I've got the video lined up at that time) there is just the perfect blend of sound, blood and sparks. And it is the actual edge of the drake's wing hitting you. And the actual pointy bit of its nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldMvQMO_5U&t=105s

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
fwiw omni did get a ton of stuff right that was shown off in the trailers

but i think 'grafting' just refers to all the extra arms godrick & some of the other enemies in stormveil have, they're likely all stolen from tarnished they've hunted. you can see godrick in the 2019 teaser holding a cut-off arm too

the dragon head attack used by the second player in that footage seems to be the same dragon head godrick uses though, but i think it's likely a spirit or skill etc. gained from defeating godrick somehow, going off what we know for now anyway

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really hope we don't have to hunt the innocent wildlife for materials :ohdear:, I don't mind killing monsters but harming the environment is another thing entirely.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

All resources are renewable when respawning is possible.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Gologle posted:

I really hope we don't have to hunt the innocent wildlife for materials :ohdear:, I don't mind killing monsters but harming the environment is another thing entirely.

You're gonna hate the oil extraction mini-game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gologle posted:

There is no innocent wildlife in from software games

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bop bop perano posted:

Even in previews, to the left is showcased as the correct way to deal with bosses.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

The proper direction is towards your enemies biggest weapon. That, or trying to crawl up their rear end.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lih posted:

fwiw omni did get a ton of stuff right that was shown off in the trailers

but i think 'grafting' just refers to all the extra arms godrick & some of the other enemies in stormveil have, they're likely all stolen from tarnished they've hunted. you can see godrick in the 2019 teaser holding a cut-off arm too

the dragon head attack used by the second player in that footage seems to be the same dragon head godrick uses though, but i think it's likely a spirit or skill etc. gained from defeating godrick somehow, going off what we know for now anyway

ohhh, I guess that's what all those limbs on chains are for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

huh posted:

It seems obvious why Godrick was showcased as a boss fight. What a creation.

And I think that dragon head breathing fire might be a...what's the word...spectre?

Yeah, I keep forgetting that he's the first thing that they showed in the 2019 teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5wwSxl0atc

I've always wondered what the character *is* with the long red hair that's seen during the bit where the narrator says 'look up at the sky, it burns'. My immediate impression was that it was some sort of troll looking thing with a big nose. And the character running with the spear that 'breaks' the elden ring has really cool looking armor, and I hope it's in the game. But yeah, I wonder if any of that will be in the actual game, the footage of the woman holding a staff and the man hammering something were outsourced to a different company who also did some other concept art stuff, so I doubt that will be in the game, but it would be weird if Godrick was the only thing from that teaser that ended up in the game.

i wonder when the embargo ends for the youtubers who have access to the network test, i was assuming it would be today at like 9 am.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 8, 2021