Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Rodgers would have scored over 30 points.

Wow maybe he shouldn't have immunized himself from covid 19 by reciting a wizard's spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they though he was a quack

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wow maybe he shouldn't have immunized himself from covid 19 by reciting a wizard's spell

Agreed. He sucks at life, but he’s good at football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1457417905805701122

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hes gonna swing his arms *like this* and if he gets blocked its his own fault!

Also Jordan Love did not look good at all. He would of looked good if all his WRs were 9ft tall however.

(Also I remember Rodgers coming in for an injured Favre against the Cowboys and playing pretty drat well.)

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Seems like he was hustling downfield to make a block, like he should do?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I think he did an anime

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Seems like he was hustling downfield to make a block, like he should do?

I never learned the windmill technique to make myself go faster, but I suppose that’s why he’s in the nfl and I’m not

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I never learned the windmill technique to make myself go faster, but I suppose that’s why he’s in the nfl and I’m not

He made as good a block as you can expect a wr to make downfield so windmill technique or not seems good.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
There are like a million things wrong with the Vikings but Justin Jefferson running in a goofy manner to extend a play downfield when he could have easily given up and not be noticed isn't one of them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
2 things

1. Didn't Jordan Love get first team reps during the off-season program OTAs etc before Rodgers showed up to camp. Gotta be somewhat better at reading the hots after 3 years in the same offense

But that being said

2. Almost like it's utterly stupid to sit a QB and somehow expect that to be the difference between a young QB coming out good or bad. QBs desperately need live reps. The only time it makes some sense if you have to like completely rework mechanics or something. But other than that nothing beats game action for development.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Dexo posted:

2 things

1. Didn't Jordan Love get first team reps during the off-season program OTAs etc before Rodgers showed up to camp. Gotta be somewhat better at reading the hots after 3 years in the same offense

Two years in the offense, but the Packers barely played any skill position starters during the pre-season. Love played with Funchess, Taylor, Begelton, and Amari Rodgers at WR. Adams, Lazard, MVS, and EQSB all skipped OTAs and Cobb wasn't on the team.

Before today, the only Top 4 Packers receiver that Love had completed a pass to during a pre- or regular season game was a single pass to Randall Cobb.

I'm always surprised that, with as much as they talk about QB/WR chemistry, they don't trying to involve the second team players more when a backup is in.

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 8, 2021

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dexo posted:

2. Almost like it's utterly stupid to sit a QB and somehow expect that to be the difference between a young QB coming out good or bad. QBs desperately need live reps. The only time it makes some sense if you have to like completely rework mechanics or something. But other than that nothing beats game action for development.

the best reason to sit a rookie QB is that your OLine is gonna get him killed

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Absolutely not!

He’s sub-mediocre. He had no business being drafted in the first round, no one should’ve traded up for him anywhere, and he’s been sitting for a year and a half and makes terrible decisions.

This dude is a backup you draft in the 4th round, not the future of any franchise.

You are a complete loving moron.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Jen X posted:

the best reason to sit a rookie QB is that your OLine is gonna get him killed

Bears don’t believe in this philosophy.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Paint Crop Pro posted:

(Also I remember Rodgers coming in for an injured Favre against the Cowboys and playing pretty drat well.)

His first real action was in 2006 vs NE, where he stank in relief and broke his foot.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jimong5 posted:

His first real action was in 2006 vs NE, where he stank in relief and broke his foot.

That's the one I'm thinking of. I definitely remember the outing ending in a broken foot.

The Cowboys game he almost lead a sweet comeback.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Just last week the Packer's O-Line was one of the best in the league and now Love's poor performance is their fault?

Ya that performance was intentional last night

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yates posted:

You are a complete loving moron.

:thanks::wink:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Josh Allen was bad for like a whole year.

If you judge based on a single game QAaron was terrible against the Saints.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Just last week the Packer's O-Line was one of the best in the league and now Love's poor performance is their fault?

Teams don't blitz them nearly that much, that heavily, and with as many diverse looks as they saw yesterday.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Love wasn't able to make protection changes or check out of the longer routes to deal with the blitz.

He might learn to, but he can't do it right now

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Love's first preseason was also completely cancelled due to COVID. He only played preseason 1.5 games due to injury. The guy just hasn't experienced much NFL level football prior to yesterday's game. He was fine.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Injuries have shuffled the line around a ton of times and you don't blitz Aaron Rodgers. You do blitz effectively a rookie QB. They threw a ton of stunts at the 4th round rookie RG, who was only playing due to injury, and he wasn't great at picking them up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So much angst in here cause Love didn't look like the second coming of Favre in his first start. R-E-L-A-X

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Did you watch the game?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did you watch the game?

KC was brining 6-7 rushers on many pass plays. At what point does the issue become about scheming instead of OL play?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

When Chicago loses tonight the Lions will have won the bye week and and their best performance yet.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if you blame it on scheming then you also have to praise it’s good performance on scheme

Can’t really ignore it for one and not the other

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Guze posted:

Josh Allen was bad for like a whole year.

Hell, 2 years, even

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ort posted:

KC was brining 6-7 rushers on many pass plays. At what point does the issue become about scheming instead of OL play?

LaFluer admitted blame that he called too many slow developing plays. The OL was still a problem, however. Rodgers can cover up a lot of deficiencies in OL play because blitzing him is a mistake.

Still, game would have been a W if the special teams didn't have three massive fuckups. Defense continues to play very well. Arrowhead on the road on a short notice with two WRs coming off of injury / COVID late in the week is a pretty difficult matchup for any QB's first start.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think another thing people have to realize is that, given the short notice of Love taking over here, is,

You cannot change the entire offensive scheme and install a new playbook for Love on what amounts to a short week.
And it's not just 'Love' that gets affected by 'oh just install and run an entirely different scheme and gameplan'. It turns out there are other offensive components that are affected by that.

Were they negatively affected by NOT being able to do that? Yes, because Love wasn't able to run Rodgers' game plan. Probably no one can. Because it's the game plan MADE FOR RODGERS AND THAT OFFENSE.

You can't re-write the entire offensive scheme in less than a week.

It's frankly stupid to state "Well they didn't change the scheme for this and REFUSED to change the playbook for this". That's just not possible.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Are you guys almost finished with Chicago's magic 8 ball of bad QB excuses? They are going to need it back by tonight.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Styles Bitchley posted:

Are you guys almost finished with Chicago's magic 8 ball of bad QB excuses? They are going to need it back by tonight.

Need to wait until the PFF grades come out so somebody can cite a worthless derived stat that proves that Jordan Love is actually Not As Bad As You Might Think because some vertical slice of his performance was better than expected

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Ultimately, Green Bay fans are spoiled by continual excellence at the QB position. Having a "regular" quarterback is beyond their comprehension anymore.

And I'm here for it. Whether it's next season, the season after, or the one after that, at some point Rodgers will move on either through trade or free agency or he'll retire. Whichever it is, whenever it is, the Packers will have to deal with non-Hall of Fame QB play. And if the reactions to Love's first game are any indications, the cheeseheads melting down like fondue will be glorious. :dance:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
He was 13/17 when not under pressure and 6/17 when under pressure, no need to wait for anything really. Bad under pressure good from a clean pocket wow who would have imagined a rookie QB would be this way.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Can't wait for the "BUT HES NOT A ROOKIE" crew :allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You guys are getting really excited about these chickens that are going to hatch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

jng2058 posted:

And I'm here for it.

Oh are you?
are you here for it?
We see you talking. That already implies that. So yep we know. There you are. Being there.
At first I thought you were here for the good potato salad we're known for, but no you let us in fact know what you were here for. Thank you.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Big Beef City posted:

Oh are you?
are you here for it?
We see you talking. That already implies that. So yep we know. There you are. Being there.
At first I thought you were here for the good potato salad we're known for, but no you let us in fact know what you were here for. Thank you.

MMm, yessssss, throw me your salt, cheesehead. I revel in your "sarcasm". The light at the end of your tunnel is the oncoming train of QB mediocrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://twitter.com/peter_bukowski/status/1457708348598636558?s=21

For those who care. I love film and would happily watch one of these for anyone.