Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jaete posted:

Wish it was half price here (in the UK), those sets and especially minifigures are pretty neat, but full price is just way too much

Tesco has them for half price/clearance right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There are some really cool minifigs in line and it's worth taking a look even if you don't care about the theme itself.

Yeah, some of the minifigures are awesome. I bought the Robo HipHop car just for that, and I'll eventually add the HipHop Robot and DJ Beatbox to complete it as a display set. If things go down hard on Bricklink I might eventually also put a metal band together with the dragon, vampires and werewolf scattered across various sets.

Skios fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 7, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Waffle cone mermaid owns, but I'm not keen on the price.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Are the Vidiyo sets getting retired soon or something? I kind of want to get the Punk Pirate Ship, but can't really afford to get it right now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Are the Vidiyo sets getting retired soon or something? I kind of want to get the Punk Pirate Ship, but can't really afford to get it right now.

Brickfanatics says the retiring got pushed back.

But given how common the deep discounts are I dunno.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The coffee cart GWP Is up this week for purchases over €/$ 65.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Titanic is mine, it’s a heavy mofo.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

BigglesSWE posted:

That's on my shopping list - may need to move to a bigger flat first though!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BigglesSWE posted:

Does it really have wheels on the bottom of the box or was that a joke?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Some/all(?) of the first run of UCS Millennium Falcon's that were bought in-store came in a box with wheels, wouldn't surprise me if they did it for Titanic too.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

God I wish. Package is huge and weighs 14kg, I took a cab home because the Lego store is on the other side of town, even so my arms are killing me.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

esperantinc posted:

Some/all(?) of the first run of UCS Millennium Falcon's that were bought in-store came in a box with wheels, wouldn't surprise me if they did it for Titanic too.

For that kind of money they should just set the box on a free 2x4 brick shaped skateboard that's free with purchase.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Andoman posted:

That's on my shopping list - may need to move to a bigger flat first though!

Jokes on you, I got it despite not having any slave for it!

(We’ll find some way to put the Saturn V vertically and safe somehow).

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Come on Lego, it's the 8th - ship my ship!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Put the titanic vertical

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Put the titanic vertical

But first, sawzall it down the middle.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I got the second to last Titanic at my physical store- the guy in line after me was initially there to return a brickhead then decided to get it on impulse :homebrew:- he got the box on display and the guy after hims reaction is unrecorded because I high tailed it out of there. I felt like carrying it out of the store was gloating enough. I’m just glad that I didn’t order online because who knows when those are finally going to start showing up.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

mik posted:

Come on Lego, it's the 8th - ship my ship!

Mine was shipped today from Czech Republic (I'm in Europe). So hopefully others are not too far behind.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dang the mini Disney castle came back in stock but sold out within 2 hours. I really want that thing after Carbohydrates mentioned it on the stream

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I got the second to last Titanic at my physical store- the guy in line after me was initially there to return a brickhead then decided to get it on impulse :homebrew:- he got the box on display and the guy after hims reaction is unrecorded because I high tailed it out of there. I felt like carrying it out of the store was gloating enough. I’m just glad that I didn’t order online because who knows when those are finally going to start showing up.

I was gonna head out at lunch but my store is already sold out. Oh well

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Got the impression that there was no real rush for it here so move to Stockholm, people.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Skios posted:

The coffee cart GWP Is up this week for purchases over €/$ 65.
i got three Flower Cart GWPs from last month as I was panic-buying things afraid that The Supply Chain would take them away

wish one of them was this little buddy. I think I've about hit my quota for $65+ purchases this year

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sivart13 posted:

i got three Flower Cart GWPs from last month as I was panic-buying things afraid that The Supply Chain would take them away

Seeing how much stuff is already sold out online, it might not have been a bad idea. Last year was horrific and this year will be just as bad if they don't get new shipments in.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
One thing I'm really into is Lego mechs. I had my eye on the Monkie Kid Demon Bull King mech for ages, and it just went 'Out of Stock' one day in the middle of August, without ever showing up in the about to be discontinued section of Lego.com.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My wish list isn't huge but currently out of stock:

Titanic
Home Alone
Mini Disney Castle
New Xmas ornaments

Backoder:
Harry Potter Hogsmeade

Admittedly, all those things listed are new but it still doesn't bode well for Black Friday and the holiday season.

I only have 13 things on the list. The other 8 are still in stock, for now. I'd bet $$ that by the end of Black Friday at least 1/2 of them are gone.
Others:
Typewriter
Story of Nian
Crocodile train
New VW bus
Creator pickup
last year Xmas ornaments
Original color Fiat

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Skios posted:

One thing I'm really into is Lego mechs. I had my eye on the Monkie Kid Demon Bull King mech for ages, and it just went 'Out of Stock' one day in the middle of August, without ever showing up in the about to be discontinued section of Lego.com.

So? That means it'll come back into stock at some point, out of stock doesn't mean discontinued.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Butterfly Valley posted:

So? That means it'll come back into stock at some point, out of stock doesn't mean discontinued.

The Hidden Side Castle remained out of stock until it retired.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Ok but the set being out of stock and not showing up in the about to be discontinued section are unrelated things that should actually mean the op has a chance to buy the set again

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I decided to upload my Vic Viper to ideas just for fun and they have denied it 3 times over little niggling issues with the pictures. I thought this site was supposed to be fun? Sheesh. It's like applying for a job with all of the new rules they have made.

rev 1.

Gotta remove the logos. That's new. ideas used to be smattered with them, but now there's absolutely no text allowed

rev 2.

No collages! Oh no I did a pic that was a side and a top view of it? Why? Who cares?

Rev 3.

Photo may be too blurry...What?!

2 weeks of this. No idea why I even bothered it'll get 400 votes the first day and disappear like everything else I've put on there, if they even approve it. That site is like applying for a job now.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 9, 2021

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This is one of my favorite sets from my childhood, got it for Christmas around 1989:

I decided to commit to rebuilding it, no subs, no changes, nothing. Had to open up one of my cylinders in the process to fix it (which actually worked out with minimal damage!)

Now here I am, basically done, but I am missing ONE piece. One tiny piece, which I am sure I’ve only ever had two, both from this set:

The nut, top center here:

Used like so:

Here’s the hunting ground:

As of day 3 I have not had any luck. But I did find another two parts I was previously missing as of tonight, so I’m getting there. This one is pretty critical, though, as it actually clamps the boom swivel assembly to the chassis. For all I know, this one piece may have been lost over the last 30 years… :(

SO close.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:golfclap: I applaud your effort.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Day 162. Morale is low. The men say that the piece has been lost and plead for me to end the search, but I know it’s in there somewhere. I cannot listen to the faithless; I must press on.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

On that note, are there any guides to effective sorting systems for loose collections like this? Like, how to categorize parts, effective groupings that are efficient but not overly detailed, etc. my inclination is to do some basics like 1x1, 1x2,1x3, and so on for those simple blocks, and then the same for plates, tiles, and the like, then maybe a few broader categories for certain kinds of slopes, and then…..???

I have to imagine color would be secondary, as once I’m looking at the right bin for a block, finding the needed color should be (relatively) simple.

Anyhow, looking for a guide or something put together by someone who’s actually put thought and effort into the system, if such a thing exists.

Like, as I was hunting, my wife asks if there’s any way she could help me sort all the pieces, and in that moment I sorely regretted having nothing in place.

Dogen posted:

Day 162. Morale is low. The men say that the piece has been lost and plead for me to end the search, but I know it’s in there somewhere. I cannot listen to the faithless; I must press on.

Ahahaha, genuine laugh from both of us here.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 9, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd pull all the big parts out and just start looking for little gray parts once I got to a pool of mostly small parts if I was less lazy, but I'd probably just order one on Bricklink.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would just start out really basic. Get some big tubs and sort into broad categories. Bricks, plates, technic, special poo poo. Then break those categories into categories. I think the first step should allow you to find the piece you need if it exists. Simply because you'll have to touch most of the pieces and separate them out, and it might be easier to see what you're looking for with the obvious stuff taken out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I always say sort by color to start. Other people say sort by piece type. I think if you are trying to recreate a set then doing by color is better because you can just go to the color and pull all the pieces of that color and then move to the next color.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/dkayevo/status/1457890933664481283

He's the VA.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

To be clear, I’m thinking of sorting more for general use than finding this one piece. I figure any sorting will reveal it if it exists.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sorting by size ended up being the easiest for me, can do it while watching a movie. And once you clear out all the big bricks spotting the tiny ones is a lot easier.

Have fun googling for storage bins, this is a rabbit hole you are falling into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

probably just order one on Bricklink.

This is the right answer only because he’ll find the piece immediately after the brick link order ships