Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ChocNitty posted:

Can't wait to start playing Fort-za.

I was never a big fan of the Britian map. The Mexico one looks more vivid and diverse.

It's really good. Join us in the Forza mega thread and make sure you join the goon racing group for goon drivatars and rival times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Day 1 on gamepass now means day 5 on gamepass

(I am excited for forza )

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/nitroid/status/1457509836053258243?s=21

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are being very suddenly delisted tomorrow, so if you were anticipating grabbing the 360 versions digitally (they're backwards compatible on XB1) you probably want to do it, like, now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bought HD collection ages ago when it was $5. Wonder if they'll bother to renew it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well the tweet says "temporarily"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It would not surprise me if they do not come back anytime soon. I get that the tweet says temporarily, but I have learned not to trust these things when it comes to licensing.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

American McGay posted:

Bought HD collection ages ago when it was $5. Wonder if they'll bother to renew it.

Got it at this price a few weeks ago during a sale and I'm so glad I finally did.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I said come in! posted:

It would not surprise me if they do not come back anytime soon. I get that the tweet says temporarily, but I have learned not to trust these things when it comes to licensing.

In Konami’s case they’ve learned that focusing on pachislot machines is not going to work out AND that game development is hard, looking at everything I hear about eFootball. I think at this point they are definitely interested in keeping things for sale (and being ready to re-releasing them in future).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

In Konami’s case they’ve learned that focusing on pachislot machines is not going to work out AND that game development is hard, looking at everything I hear about eFootball. I think at this point they are definitely interested in keeping things for sale (and being ready to re-releasing them in future).

Uh, Konami's last numbers had revenue up 30% YoY overall. Their gambling division is up 100% and video games are up 25% which is astounding because they sold 2.5 million copies of a budget game for switch last year. Gamers do not like the fact that financially Konami has successfully restructured their business and are a money factory

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah pachinko is a trillion dollar industry. I know lately Konami has been in the news with how they want to get back into the gaming sphere but you should mostly count that as a blessing and not them licking their wounds and coming home or anything.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Then I was misinformed. I guess those anti-addiction regulations and the dip from COVID-19 barely made a dent, eh?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah pachinko is a trillion dollar industry. I know lately Konami has been in the news with how they want to get back into the gaming sphere but you should mostly count that as a blessing and not them licking their wounds and coming home or anything.

Yeah, Konami is like "we should get back into gaming" because all the gaming stuff they've been doing makes a shitload of money

Mierenneuker posted:

Then I was misinformed. I guess those anti-addiction regulations and the dip from COVID-19 barely made a dent, eh?

They used this time to basically completely exit from their health clubs and spas, move their headquarters, and do a bunch of financial restructuring. On paper they took a hit to their revenue due to covid, but thats been offset now with their even more profitable company after the restructure

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 8, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
FH5 is unlocked if you set your region to NZ btw.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

FH5 is unlocked if you set your region to NZ btw.

I'll wait for Japan to be blessed with my 30 minutes of car racing I can stomach per year

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This is the best looking video game I've ever seen in my life. Holy moly.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

American McGay posted:

This is the best looking video game I've ever seen in my life. Holy moly.

Are you playing on quality or performance? Is the difference in resolution even noticeable while driving at high speeds?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I defaulted to performance before even starting the game. They're both 4K on an XSX, and 60fps is way too important for a racing game to give up.

From what I've seen the main differences with quality mode are density of smaller terrain details and maybe minor lighting stuff too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Well the tweet says "temporarily"

The real problem is the stores those games are available on are ancient and it's possible the stores are setup in a one-way fashion, where stuff can be delisted but not relisted. The 360 store stands the best chance of it returning, at least.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Playing on quality and I love stopping for a while during rewinds to take it all in. Even dry asphalt looks absolutely incredible during sunsets

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Is there any downside to setting the region to something else?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

MikeRabsitch posted:

I don't think so. I had to set my region to the US a couple of times so I wouldn't get the French language version of Fallout 3 and Fable. After the games were installed, I set my region back and the English language versions stayed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MikeRabsitch posted:

An Xbox guy posted last week that you might get banned for it, so it's probably not worth the risk to play the car game a few hours early. Especially with how unstable the servers have already been during the VIP period.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

njsykora posted:

An Xbox guy posted last week that you might get banned for it, so it's probably not worth the risk to play the car game a few hours early. Especially with how unstable the servers have already been during the VIP period.

It doesn't even require you to gently caress with a VPN, they're not gonna ban anyone for it lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Speaking of, I was thinking of picking up an S. Is there actually a danger with using a VPN to redeem Turkish Xbox Live codes? Is it even worth bothering this close to the inevitable black Friday Xbox Live sales?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Speaking of, I was thinking of picking up an S. Is there actually a danger with using a VPN to redeem Turkish Xbox Live codes? Is it even worth bothering this close to the inevitable black Friday Xbox Live sales?

I would not recommend using a vpn to take advantage of regional pricing differences, as that is something much more likely to get you banned.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

I think what you're referring to is a Forza Horizon developer not wanting people in their community discord to talk about it. I've never heard of anyone getting banned for changing their region in Settings and I've been doing it for years.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Is there a way to play youtube audio over games the way spotify does? I looked around in the youtube app but it didn't look like there was

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

American McGay posted:

I defaulted to performance before even starting the game. They're both 4K on an XSX, and 60fps is way too important for a racing game to give up.

From what I've seen the main differences with quality mode are density of smaller terrain details and maybe minor lighting stuff too.

Playing in performance mode on an XSX, the biggest graphical things I've noticed is the bottoms of a lot of the cars don't look finished, mud-covered tires look bad when they're still, and sometimes the tires don't move like the cars are.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

The DF guy said he played on Quality because the visuals are great + motion blur is done well and while hes saying all this he puts quality and performance side to side and my first thought was- Yeah definitely doing performance. Timestamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGo8pU_Sm8w&t=1368s

Also don't think theres any problem switching to a region then back. Every time a game releases people online file in with "booking my flight to New Zealand". I did it for Hades and had no issue.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/XboxANZ/status/1456383048472150043

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Forza runs great on my pc. Very impressed that it can to 1080p ultra 60fps on my older gpu.

This is my first horizon series game and idk. The realism of the gfx is kinda throwing me out of the game tho when i crash and just go through a rock wall like its made of confetti and the car fishtails a little but cant flip over,
I get that car companies dont want products wrecked and gamers want to go fast and not have every turn be high stakes but the devs gave me a rewind button that i will probably never use cause nothing that bad happens when i take an unplanned shortcut through a giant cactus patch .

Also the horizon festival aspect of the game is kinda weird. Feels very ubisoft. Kinda personally disgusted enough by real car culture to see foreigners parachuting trucks into the jungle to drive over and pollute nature but again its probably just the realism of the art style loving me up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

Forza runs great on my pc. Very impressed that it can to 1080p ultra 60fps on my older gpu.

This is my first horizon series game and idk. The realism of the gfx is kinda throwing me out of the game tho when i crash and just go through a rock wall like its made of confetti and the car fishtails a little but cant flip over,
I get that car companies dont want products wrecked and gamers want to go fast and not have every turn be high stakes but the devs gave me a rewind button that i will probably never use cause nothing that bad happens when i take an unplanned shortcut through a giant cactus patch .

Also the horizon festival aspect of the game is kinda weird. Feels very ubisoft. Kinda personally disgusted enough by real car culture to see foreigners parachuting trucks into the jungle to drive over and pollute nature but again its probably just the realism of the art style loving me up.

The rewind button is mostly for solo races if you miss a checkpoint or hit an actual wall or some jerk drivatar rams you and causes you to spin out. Yeah, you don't suffer too many consequences for jamming through the brush and poo poo because that's kinda the game's whole thing.

I'm with ya there on RL car culture, but as a goon here pointed out, the Horizon series seems to take place in some kind of car based paradise alt reality or something; it's extremely good vibes only.

Also cars can very much flip over and get all kinds of hosed up but unless you turn on simulation damage it will never affect your car's ability to actually drive. Make sure to leave it off, because it doesn't affect the AI at all and you will just get smoked as you're essentially driving with a handicap. Probably can turn it on for road races if you really want but that's really more what the mainline series is for tbh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat i gotta try flipping over harder now!

To the games credit, it gave me the toyota supra right away so at least it knows how to make me happy

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
You'll flip over a lot trying to get some of the more tricky bonus boards. Some of them are little puzzles.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

MikeRabsitch posted:

Just be mindful about stuff like Microsoft Rewards. I futzed with my time zone to grow flowers faster in Nier Replicant Numbers and absent-mindedly redeemed my achievement for the day. Almost screwed up my weekly steak(ly).

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Seltzer posted:

The DF guy said he played on Quality because the visuals are great + motion blur is done well and while hes saying all this he puts quality and performance side to side and my first thought was- Yeah definitely doing performance. Timestamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGo8pU_Sm8w&t=1368s

Also don't think theres any problem switching to a region then back. Every time a game releases people online file in with "booking my flight to New Zealand". I did it for Hades and had no issue.

I was going to automatically default to performance, but skimming that video it seems like quality is def the way to on XSX. He saw the frame rate drop in like 1 spot and by 1 frame? No brainer.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anytime Forza Horizon has run at 30 fps it's felt like dogshit, no thanks.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I played some with both modes and they're both good. Obviously if you're especially sensitive to 30 fps it's not going to feel great, but it's a really good mode otherwise. I think most people will be happy with it.

I'm sticking with performance even though the pop-in can be a little distracting.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Professor Beetus posted:

It doesn't even require you to gently caress with a VPN, they're not gonna ban anyone for it lol

Absolutely. Back in the day changing to an English-speaking region was the only way to make the Xbone have English menus in a non-English-speaking region; thankfully they got rid of that nonsense.

Changing regions is absolutely normal and pretty much what you're expected to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1457771721151291393

Yep, game owns.