Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Oxyclean posted:

Is there any ramping complexity to designing homes? At one point I had a request that came with a piece of furniture that started/had to go? outside.

It's not as complex as it looks, the villagers really don't care what you do to their homes, in or out, as long as you have the three items they requested somewhere, eventually you can just go "Nope" and override them completely and do whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

So I had announced shooting stars last night (happy to have visitors as well, that was fun and thanks for the veggie starts!) and could not find Celeste to save my life. She just wasn’t there. This morning Isabelle announces shooting stars tonight! Two nights in a row.

I hope Celeste shows up this time.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

It's not as complex as it looks, the villagers really don't care what you do to their homes, in or out, as long as you have the three items they requested somewhere, eventually you can just go "Nope" and override them completely and do whatever you want.
Yeah, I kinda figured, I just wasn't sure if it'd eventually be like "I have 6 items and 2 floors, go."

Kind of funny to hear you can be like "no, I am the designer!" and override them later.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm enjoying the DLC more than I thought I would. I suck at design anyway and never really got into building my home interior, but I like how the game gives you a bunch of items for a theme. It really helps remove the paralysis I feel trying to come up with an idea. The steady stream of unlocks also makes it feel rewarding.

Oxyclean posted:

I wonder if the limit is just however many villagers and NPCs there are?

I just got an island life 101 tip that suggests this is the case. "The number of vacation homes you can build on one island is limitless. Pick locations for each request stress free!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/puddlecore/status/1457520312325746690

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Brewster also changes more for take out coffee.

Does takeout coffee do anything? I tried giving it to a villager but they reacted with some confusion.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

Brewster also changes more for take out coffee.

Does takeout coffee do anything? I tried giving it to a villager but they reacted with some confusion.

I think it actually works as food, unlike the coffee you drink in the cafe.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
If it's a handheld item like the stuff from Redd's raffle, then that's exactly what it does. Can be used up to 3 times for fruit power.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Tampa Bae posted:

I met all the requirements for Brewster except a 3-Star Island/KK Slider, just had him play and got the quest the next time I talked to Blathers so I can definitively confirm the requirements now.

3-Star Island + One of each donation to the museum (Fossil, Art, Fish, Deep Sea Fish, and insects)

From a few pages back... I'm trying to remotely help my mom gets the Brewster question. She has now hit a 3-Star rating, she had the concert, and I'm pretty sure she has everything donated to the museum but I'll have her double check. Did it take an extra day after the concert for Blathers to give you the Brewster quest, or was it immediate?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Hughmoris posted:

From a few pages back... I'm trying to remotely help my mom gets the Brewster question. She has now hit a 3-Star rating, she had the concert, and I'm pretty sure she has everything donated to the museum but I'll have her double check. Did it take an extra day after the concert for Blathers to give you the Brewster quest, or was it immediate?
It took an extra day after the concert, you can just travel forward a day, trigger the quest/get Harv's letter and then go backwards

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

We have two switches sharing one NSO family account. My switch is the original and has the original account that bought NSO and ACNH, and my account that isn't logged in - my partner bought a second switch and now uses that exclusively. I know that we can't play the same game at the same time, but it wouldn't gently caress with my island if he started his own island on the second switch, right? Is it possible to purchase ACNH again so we could play at the same time?

Quoting for new page, anyone know?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Tampa Bae posted:

It took an extra day after the concert, you can just travel forward a day, trigger the quest/get Harv's letter and then go backwards

I don't even want to think about the pain I would cause myself if I tried to talk my mom thru time jumping I'll see if she can spend the rest of the day making sure she has at least one of each item donated to the museum, and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

*and thanks for the help!

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 8, 2021

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

hollylolly posted:

So I had announced shooting stars last night (happy to have visitors as well, that was fun and thanks for the veggie starts!) and could not find Celeste to save my life. She just wasn’t there. This morning Isabelle announces shooting stars tonight! Two nights in a row.

I hope Celeste shows up this time.

For what it's worth, I don't think you can get npc visitors on the weekends, except for the set-in-stone KK Slider and Daisy Mae.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

someone awful. posted:

For what it's worth, I don't think you can get npc visitors on the weekends, except for the set-in-stone KK Slider and Daisy Mae.

I'm gonna double check but I'm fairly sure you can get Celeste on Sundays (providing KK's not there due to an event taking places on Saturday), but you can certainly get Wisp on Sunday nights

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh yeah, Wisp is his own category of weirdo for sure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The happy home designer dlc thing is loving fantastic. Breathing new life into this game for me. What a fun relaxing addition. The thing that sucks is that the DLC gives you the ability to so easily move houses and bushes and trees and do paths that you can't do on your own island.

But I love decorating people's houses based on the theme they want

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
just built the cafe and IMO this DLC is rad as hell

also i've had nonstop cool villagers showing up for vacation homes and it's hard to choose who to work on!! i only have so many hours in the day!!!!!

one of my favorites has to be harry, though, simply because he wanted his house to be awful
https://i.imgur.com/ryKXQSp.mp4

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 9, 2021

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I think if anyone were to spoil one of Kapp'n's songs for me I would fight them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i am also having a good time

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I love the usage of gnomes.

Sherb wanted an amusement park, so I put a merry go round and made a bunch of plushies line up for it.

Then Niko stopped me before finishing to give me the unlock that lets me give different effects to polishing, so now all the plushies are chattering while in line. :3:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The gaming desk is probably the best piece of furniture in the series. Everyone is talking about the Discord customization option for it, but my fave is the dating sim setup with one of the monitors being dedicated for the wiki of the game.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Is Eloise everyone's first client?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yes.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
oh my god

the cafe is an actual cafe, it's not just pretend like the school is. You can talk to the waitstaff and order some of the meal items!!! You can't get any actual food items like the drinks from Redd, but you can buy the little lunch meals and stuff. That's such a nice touch!!!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Blaziken386 posted:

oh my god

the cafe is an actual cafe, it's not just pretend like the school is. You can talk to the waitstaff and order some of the meal items!!! You can't get any actual food items like the drinks from Redd, but you can buy the little lunch meals and stuff. That's such a nice touch!!!

The school is an actual school though! Leif showed up on the island and asked where it was because he was supposed to give a botany lecture.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Mine was Olivia, but I'm pretty sure that's because Eloise was already living on my island. I don't know if you get someone else if you have both Eloise and Olivia.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I have HHP via the online expansion; will I be able to design houses offline on my long commute tomorrow?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Argue posted:

I have HHP via the online expansion; will I be able to design houses offline on my long commute tomorrow?

Not sure, test it by playing in airplane mode now.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Your reward for doing group-stretching at least three times? a Nook Inc. Leotard.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I tried to link the NookLife thing yesterday, and I can see my updates in the newspaper. But for turnips it’s saying that my clock doesn’t match the present time. However it is on the system and the in-game clock. Anyone else have this problem?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Argue posted:

I believe it just needs to "phone home" occasionally to verify you own the DLC or have an active NSO expansion. As long as it's done that recently (most likely they day you first launched it) I think you're good to go. I don't know how frequently it checks though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This is incredibly addictive content. It's a shame they seemingly blew the release of their first attempt at this "genre" - guess now they know to just tack it onto a mainline game instead of trying to sell home designer as its own thing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

IUG posted:

I tried to link the NookLife thing yesterday, and I can see my updates in the newspaper. But for turnips it’s saying that my clock doesn’t match the present time. However it is on the system and the in-game clock. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you time travel at all that week? My wife did last week, and it was saying that, but now, two days past Sunday, I can see the proper turnip prices, though a day late. I don't get why that is.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 9, 2021

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
So, wait, do campground visitors take up the 'daily island visitor' slot now? Isabelle announced the camper but not any other guests, and I've been all over my island and haven't found anyone. No guests showed up for the stretching exercise either.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

So, wait, do campground visitors take up the 'daily island visitor' slot now? Isabelle announced the camper but not any other guests, and I've been all over my island and haven't found anyone. No guests showed up for the stretching exercise either.

Did you add someone to Harv’s island today by paying off the 100k bells yesterday? I had that happen last week with Lief.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Did you add someone to Harv’s island today by paying off the 100k bells yesterday? I had that happen last week with Lief.

I was just going to ask since I have no visitors today, but I just put down money for another Harv Island member yesterday, so maybe that's it.

Also if you get a bad fortune from Katrina I definitely recommend spending the 10k Bells for her to lift the curse as it seems the next day she sends you a lucky item in the mail and I think it's the only way to get them. A couple days back I got a golden tortoise and today I got a horseshoe door decoration. Both are pretty great.

Also uh have the number of wasps increased? Today I got 5 on my island while shaking trees. Maybe that's part of the bad luck thing.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also uh have the number of wasps increased? Today I got 5 on my island while shaking trees. Maybe that's part of the bad luck thing.

It's always been 5 wasps.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffle! posted:

It's always been 5 wasps.

Yeah ti's been so long since I have been shaking trees I forgot and thought it was 4 😅

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
I didn't pay the 10k last time she gave me a bad fortune (specifically, luck with "belongings" would decrease) and I didn't notice a huge difference. except that the buried item on the daily mystery island was just a piece of regular clay and not a gyroid fragment :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

You don’t get a guest every single day. I think it’s like 4 a week on average, not counting KK