Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

a crisp ale-8 is the perfect treat for sitting on the porch on a crisp autumn day

Kentukian spotted.

*sips on a Cheerwine*

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Casual Encountess posted:

drink moxie or gently caress off

you came to the right city

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
boylan's lemon-lime from the fountain at joella's hot chicken

that's some 'what would you do for a Klondike bar?' 'i'd kill a man'-type poo poo, just hook it into my veins

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My ex-wife once tried to give me a blowjob while drunk and ended up puking on my dick. It was dark so I didn't immediately realize what had happened so she slurred that everything was fine while picking chunks of curry chicken out of my pubic hair.

:stare:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My ex-wife once tried to give me a blowjob while drunk and ended up puking on my dick. It was dark so I didn't immediately realize what had happened so she slurred that everything was fine while picking chunks of curry chicken out of my pubic hair.

the first girl who took me home in Japan didn't stop me from going down on her in the dark and I thought she just tasted peculiar until I went to the bathroom and saw my Kool-aid smile

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Tetramin posted:

The real sugar versions of coke, Dew, etc all tasted worse to me when I tried them. As a red blooded American I will die for HFCS

welcome to hell posted:

i also prefer the hfcs version of coke. i live in europe now and the coke just doesn't taste right. probably a good thing since i'm less likely to buy it.

Taste is subjective, you got used to the taste now anything different is worse.

Was a coke addict as a teen, whenever I visited New York for vacation I had one can of coke there and that was enough for me, didn't like it. Also peanut butter and jelly is actually gross and I felt betrayed by the movies. The pizza was nice though.

EDIT: Oh yeah it was during Halloween too so I got some chocolate from trick or treating. I donated most of it to the kids of the people we were staying with though 'cause I didn't like the taste of your chocolate either.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 8, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Xachariah posted:

The pizza was nice though.
___________________/

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CannonFodder posted:

*sips on a Cheerwine*

Isn't this what Hobbits drink to get hosed up?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, so how about cane sugar Classic CocaCola? Like the Kosher version or the Hecho en Mexico version? Did you work on those?

No, I worked in the juice division, just that we all had insight into other brands as well.

What about them specifically? Basically blind discrimination sensory tests show no difference between them and HFCS versions, and it would be cost prohibitive to both the company and the consumer to switch to cane sugar because of cane sugar costs, and because the manufacturing plants are set up for liquid sweetener usage, not dry powder.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

HFCS has a terrible aftertaste and seems to leave a film or something in my mouth that makes me feel like I need to brush my teeth. American Coke is terrible but you better believe I get a Medican Coke when I go to a local mexican place. The cane sugar just doesn't have the aftertaste or mouth feel.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
soda chat:

American sodas that own: regular barqs root beer gently caress I’ll take any loving root beer rn, Surge (RIP), Mt Dew midnight black, Pepsi blue, sprite remix, Polar orange dry (hot take: better than orangina), Mr. Pibb if I’m feeling esoteric, Moxie, Penn Dutch Birch Beer, Faygo Rockin Red

Swedish sodas that own: Trocadero (OG owns but zero is passable), Pepsi Max (every flavor except the syrupy Mango one ew), Cuba Cola, Vanilla Coke Zero (the cinnamon one owns too, mango and strawb suck, lemon…eh), Irn Bru (occasionally I can find it here but it’s SO good)

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I love all the local small batch rootbeers you can get at specialty stores or good burger places.

At one of my better local burger places I rotate between getting Sioux City Sarsaparilla, various small batch root beers, Cheerwine, and a few different cream sodas.

limp_cheese posted:

HFCS has a terrible aftertaste and seems to leave a film or something in my mouth that makes me feel like I need to brush my teeth. American Coke is terrible but you better believe I get a Medican Coke when I go to a local mexican place. The cane sugar just doesn't have the aftertaste or mouth feel.
HFCS also seems to leave a film in my mouth/throat and if I've just eaten a meal it can make me feel like I'm slightly nauseated and having some trouble breathing. Just if I'm really full though, so on the rare occasions I drink HFCS sodas I also make sure I'm not eating much.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Correct

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The only correct 'soda' to drink in Australia is

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Inceltown posted:

The only correct 'soda' to drink in Australia is

It’s p good ngl. I had some in LA

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

You can never go wrong with an orange soda.

I wonder how the twins-double-incubation-time guy would react if he found out that twins are typically born sooner than 9 months?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dazerbeams posted:

You can never go wrong with an orange soda.

Any self-respecting Mexican restaurant should have bottle of Jaritos sodas. Their orange soda is the best on the market. Smart n' Final also stocks them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Any self-respecting Mexican restaurant should have bottle of Jaritos sodas. Their orange soda is the best on the market. Smart n' Final also stocks them.

My dad always calls that place Fart n’ Smile

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

FYI its very very easy to make your own ginger beer!

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003

mllaneza posted:

Jarritos Lime is one of the best sodas ever made.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

tatterhood posted:

My (54 F) roommate is (31F) unstable and dangerous

This got skipped over in soda chat cause goons love to talk about junk food, but I really wonder what is the actual story here. How do you get committed to a mental institution on the word of your teenaged daughter? There's a lot of stuff she skims over, like the 'lies' the roommate told about her to her daughter and her anger that the roommate was hanging out in her room all day and 'sneaking around, which is like, if your roommate is crazy you think you'd want.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

zombienietzsche posted:

Jarritos Lime is one of the best sodas ever made.

It is but it costs a loving fortune in the UK. Scotland needs to negotiate the irn bru-jarritos trade accord as a matter of national priority.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ralph Crammed In posted:

This got skipped over in soda chat cause goons love to talk about junk food, but I really wonder what is the actual story here. How do you get committed to a mental institution on the word of your teenaged daughter? There's a lot of stuff she skims over, like the 'lies' the roommate told about her to her daughter and her anger that the roommate was hanging out in her room all day and 'sneaking around, which is like, if your roommate is crazy you think you'd want.
She definitely wanted her roommate to be a surrogate daughter and give her attention and emotional support without complaint. Hiding in her room was unacceptable because it was setting a boundary.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Yeah that one struck me as a particularly unreliable narrator who is doing their best to appear like the victim in all this.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

I'm sure it varies in specificity from state to state, but as far as I know the criteria for getting involuntarily committed to a mental institution is a pretty high bar to meet and "mom's being a total bitch" isn't good enough. I want to know what she really did.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Neat to see one of these go the other way

AITA for not letting my parents see my kids anymore?

Myself and my wife decided last month that after a few months of limited contact and me not engaging with my mom asking to see the kids (age 2 and 6) it’s time to go full no contact.

Me and my wife both work full time, so over the pandemic my parents would have the kids when we needed or if we wanted to go away for a weekend.

They were great with the kids but my dad hates my wife so it was difficult for us to see eye to eye and we couldn’t attend family parties together only me and the kids as the friction was too much.

This May my mom took the kids camping one weekend as my wife and I had a trip planned, my dad didn’t go at the last minute as he was sick so my mom took one of my teenage nephews in his place to help. I didn’t mind but my wife was angry about my mom not telling us about my nephew going and said it wasn’t fair that our kids weren’t getting her full attention. I didn’t think much of it but since then she suggested the kids stop going over incase my mom does things like this again, takes them places we don’t agree without our consent etc.

My mom messaged me a few days later asking when the kids would be coming over next and I didn’t know how to respond so I just ignored the message thinking my wife would come around in a few days, but my wife said she wouldn’t be happy with them going again at all as we can’t trust my parents anymore.

I told this to my mom and she was furious, she didn’t think she’d done anything wrong. We had an argument and a lot of past issues came up such as previous fights I’d had with my sister, my dads previous abuse towards me (he’s an alcoholic) and his hatred towards my wife. My mom implied I was making it all up and that this shouldn’t stop us from seeing the kids especially as they’re so young and she looks after them when we’re working etc (guilt trip). I brought up that my dad favours my sisters kids (older than mine) and gives them money, spends time with them, while mine are neglected and probably abused by him like I was (I shouldn’t of said it but I was so angry). She was shocked, didn’t know what to say and asked me to leave. I let it cool off (didn’t message her or my dad) and was waiting for an apology when my mom came over and told me my wife was driving a wedge between us, as long as I was married to her I wasn’t welcome in their house, they would be cutting me out of their will and leaving all their money to my siblings and their kids (confirming my suspicions that they prefer my sister and her kids) - but they would still have the children for us and would like to be a part of their lives so would be setting up a ‘trust fund’ for them.

This was the last straw and cemented that they didn’t care about my family only themselves. I was so angry I told my mom I never want to see or speak to her again, and she’ll never see the kids again.

I might cool off but I know my wife doesn’t want them to be in their lives anymore so we have decided to go full no contact.

AITA?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Jarittos also makes the tamarind flavor which is a crime against humanity. Truly they are a land of contrasts

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

BadSamaritan posted:

Yeah that one struck me as a particularly unreliable narrator who is doing their best to appear like the victim in all this.

She sounds like that Energy Vampire Colin Robinson dated in What We Do In The Shadows.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Lotta red flags in that, but a major one that jumped out was her once in a lifetime, multi-month trip where she's volunteering for a church

Garbage missionary is my guess :yikes:

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I was confused about why she thinks the roommate is dangerous over crimes such as moving out early and talking to her daughter.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mountain Dew Baja Blast, Moxie, and Jarritos lime or tamarind are the best sodas, also

I drank so much fuckin Pepsi Blue as a kid though, why? Why did I do that??????

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Xachariah posted:

Taste is subjective, you got used to the taste now anything different is worse.

Was a coke addict as a teen, whenever I visited New York for vacation I had one can of coke there and that was enough for me, didn't like it. Also peanut butter and jelly is actually gross and I felt betrayed by the movies. The pizza was nice though.

EDIT: Oh yeah it was during Halloween too so I got some chocolate from trick or treating. I donated most of it to the kids of the people we were staying with though 'cause I didn't like the taste of your chocolate either.
American chocolate is garbage. Years ago when I went to the UK I was mailing British candy bars back to my family in NY like an immigrant sending money back to their family in the old country.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

deety posted:

I was confused about why she thinks the roommate is dangerous over crimes such as moving out early and talking to her daughter.

The roommate is dangerous because she's a depressed alcoholic who is evidently in recovery based on the medication she is taking. That's it, that's the extent of her crimes. She also is "manipulative" because was afraid OP was going to hit her.

Can anyone dig this up on Raredddit or something? I want to see comments.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

deety posted:

you don't even need to read between the lines to see a seriously awful and unreliable person. "you need to move out before the end of October here let me help you pack....WHERE IS THE RENT FOR NOVEMBER?? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME"

quote:

She was impatient at first but started listening pretty quick.

I told her a lot of hard truths and it took a while. By the end she was being dramatic and crying, holding her hands out like I was going to hit her (I would never do that and she knew it, she was being manipulative)

just imagine the kind of person who types this and thinks they come off as the wronged party

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I tried Moxie once and it was unbelievably disgusting. Maybe I would like it better now that I regularly drink stuff with gentian root in it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Y'all need to start sipping on Beverley

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Soda chat, as far as colas go I wish Coke made a sugar version in general US. I prefer the flavor to Pepsi but have the same gross aftereffects of HFCS. All artificial sweeteners bug me, I try to cut down on the amount I drink instead and substitute seltzer as appropriate (just store brand, they have some same price as soda).

For ginger beer I like both Bundaberg and Fentiman's for different reasons, there's a lot of other good ones out there too.

That's about it for me, I guess I have a Sprite sometimes but that's so generic (but a good kind of generic) that it doesn't even register unless I'm mixing it with orange juice or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombienietzsche
Dec 9, 2003

deety posted:

The discussions with her daughter were unauthorized, you see, and if someone is capable of talking to your daughter then what else are they capable of??

Edit: Fever Tree is the best ginger beer as long as you don't look at the price tag. At any rate I'm glad that the moscow mule craze of the early teens meant that like every bar carries a good ginger beer now.