Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lmao this guy thinks fent is smuggled by cartels instead of the post office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
yeah galaxy brain christian patriot twitter believes that what happened at astroworld was a satanic sacrifice ritual, for you see kylie jenner is a kardashian (she's not) and they are armenian (they are, kylie isn't) and armenians are known for doing witchcraft and take the souls of the their ex's and there were many demonic images at astroworld

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If it wasn't China or Satanism, then it's American capitalism and first responders, and that's a hard no go. Plus you're allowed to say any goofy poo poo about China and if someone says "no I don't think China did that," bam, you got em. That's a tankie.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best Friends posted:

If it wasn't China or Satanism, then it's American capitalism and first responders, and that's a hard no go. Plus you're allowed to say any goofy poo poo about China and if someone says "no I don't think China did that," bam, you got em. That's a tankie.

Okay how much does the Embassy in DC give you a month?

I kid I kid. Also I'm pretty sure the 1/6 coup attempt showed how they felt about first responders, so I figure when they're not all white, it's very easy for them to do so.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Okay how much does the Embassy in DC give you a month?

Yeah, seriously. Is there some kind of website where you can register an account and every time you defend Glorious Zhōngguó you get paid? Because I can lie online for money. Scruples are overrated, really.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/Air-Force-One-work-tied-to-Saudis-16595887.php

Boeing subcontracted a company called GDC Technics in San Antonio to do some interior modifications on the new Air Force One aircraft.

When GDC failed to do the work due to a dispute with Boeing, Boeing requested a 12 month extension and another $500 million to complete its contract.

Except GDC never should have gotten the contract because they're owned by the government of Saudi Arabia. They took the Air Force One money to work on a different project for the Saudi government and then folded because they were being propped up financially by the Saudi government and once their project was done they stopped supporting GDC.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, seriously. Is there some kind of website where you can register an account and every time you defend Glorious Zhōngguó you get paid? Because I can lie online for money. Scruples are overrated, really.

Truthfully the real money is in doing it for the KSA.

EDIT: LOL perfect timing

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

EDIT: LOL perfect timing

:golfclap:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
There's no way that wasn't the plan the whole time, just one big "whoops we just gave a bunch of money to the Saudis, and we didn't have to ask Congress for it either!"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bad Poster posted:

There's no way that wasn't the plan the whole time, just one big "whoops we just gave a bunch of money to the Saudis, and we didn't have to ask Congress for it either!"

President Thomas Whitmore : I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?

Julius Levinson : You don't actually think they spend $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Richard Bong posted:

Moderna Booster trip report.

Got it last evening in the CVS in the Target by my house. They had a lot of open spots. I got a little drowsy and today my arm is surprisingly sore. I also got the flu shot with it.

Got mine yesterday afternoon as well. Went to a Walgreens other than my usual and was treated to the slowest, most disorganized vax experience of my life, but I got it and that's what matters.

I have a really sore arm and had an upset stomach this morning. However my wife had the same stomach problems this afternoon so it's possible the pizza we had for dinner was the culprit. Overall, not bad.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
First NBA team visit to the White House in about five years and sometimes you forget:

https://twitter.com/justinsink/status/1457811924469567491

McNally posted:

When GDC failed to do the work due to a dispute with Boeing, Boeing requested a 12 month extension and another $500 million to complete its contract.

And I bet they get it. We're remarkably poo poo about holding prime contractors responsible for the fuckups of their subcontractors.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, but did they get room temp Big Macs?

:smuggo:

Oh, the slightly hyped story from the coming book "Betrayal" is that Trump threatened to leave the GOP, and said he is happy with them losing forever, without him and his supporters.

Yawn.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

Moderna Booster trip report.

Got it last evening in the CVS in the Target by my house. They had a lot of open spots. I got a little drowsy and today my arm is surprisingly sore. I also got the flu shot with it.

Getting my covid booster and flu shot combo this upcoming weekend, and not a moment too soon. Found out today that one of my idiot unvaccinated coworkers that I worked together with last week (and who complained about "not feeling great") just tested positive for covid and is apparently really bad off.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 8, 2021

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Moderna Booster Trip Report:

I got the Pfizer vaccine in January and didn't have any issues other than feeling tired and having a sore arm.

Yesterday I got the Moderna booster and felt fine. I woke up today feeling a little tired, pushed through and did a light workout. Then around 12 I felt extremely exhausted and took a nap. I woke up feeling like I got run over by a truck and thrown into a frozen lake - body aches, weakness, and freezing cold. I climbed back into bed and threw on sweats and the heavy blankets, and have been taking tylenol every four hours and drinking a gently caress ton of Gatorade.

Be warned - definitely get ready, and have tons of Gatorade and tylenol ready, just in case your side effects are as bad as mine are. I know a few people who got Moderna boosters, and all they had was a sore arm and fatigue. Your mileage may vary.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bored As gently caress posted:

I got the Pfizer vaccine in January and didn't have any issues other than feeling tired and having a sore arm.

Yesterday I got the Moderna booster and felt fine. I woke up today feeling a little tired, pushed through and did a light workout. Then around 12 I felt extremely exhausted and took a nap. I woke up feeling like I got run over by a truck and thrown into a frozen lake - body aches, weakness, and freezing cold. I climbed back into bed and threw on sweats and the heavy blankets, and have been taking tylenol every four hours and drinking a gently caress ton of Gatorade.

Be warned - definitely get ready, and have tons of Gatorade and tylenol ready, just in case your side effects are as bad as mine are. I know a few people who got Moderna boosters, and all they had was a sore arm and fatigue. Your mileage may vary.

That was pretty much my initial Moderna second dose, but not the first or booster shot. I had one friend with similar things, he mitigated it with edibles. Worked well apparently.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If you don't have a whole lot of vacation/sick time, I'd generally recommend getting vaccinated on a Friday, just in case of those non-soreness side effects.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

If you don't have a whole lot of vacation/sick time, I'd generally recommend getting vaccinated on a Friday, just in case of those non-soreness side effects.

Also a good plan for getting kids done too.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bored As gently caress posted:

that was my dose 2 experience except the nap was 14 hours and included sexy dreams about rod blagojevich. Booster was milder, about a week for arm soreness to fade and the day 2 fever only got to 102°

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

sexy dreams about rod blagojevich

Thread title material right there :laffo:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

If you do have vacation or sick time though, get it on a Monday. Don't let the man take your weekend

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/capitol-rioter-asylum-belarus/2021/11/08/fbc4eb14-4093-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

quote:

Capitol rioter Evan Neumann applies for asylum in Belarus, local media says

In an excerpt of Neumann’s interview, the Belarusian state television presenter said Neumann “sought justice and asked uncomfortable questions” after the 2020 U.S. elections. The 48-year-old “lost almost everything and is being persecuted by the U.S. government,” the presenter added.

Neumann said he does not think he committed any crime.

Didn't commit a crime. He just likes to sneak into Belarus on foot while evading Ukrainian border guards.

Nystral posted:

Wait I thought the inexperienced armorer was one of the causes of the safety concerns that caused the IATSE walk off. There was another armorer??

The only thing that can stop an actor with a gun given to him by an inexperienced armorer is a cop with a gun

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 9, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Arc Light posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/capitol-rioter-asylum-belarus/2021/11/08/fbc4eb14-4093-11ec-9404-50a28a88b9cd_story.html

Didn't commit a crime. He just likes to sneak into Belarus on foot while evading Ukrainian border guards.

Hey, be respectful. This guy will be the future US Ambassador to Belarus. :colbert:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Icon Of Sin posted:

Thread title material right there :laffo:

I've never even been to Illinois.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

I've never even been to Illinois.

You're not missing anything.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Confirmed real, was deleted but definitely did exist, wild enough to be shared outside of sports:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1457866915079143429?t=fnqk411Gjs8mDuxlOn04gg&s=19

no ring

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The feud continues.

https://twitter.com/thedewline/status/1457887196246122500?s=21

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Ahhh - I love this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

President Thomas Whitmore : I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?

Julius Levinson : You don't actually think they spend $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?

Movie was so stupid but man it had its parts. Will never not laugh at flyboy stripper wife. From everything I've heard they totally nailed it

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You're not missing anything.

Eh chicago's worth a visit

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 9, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Milo and POTUS posted:

Movie was so stupid but man it had its parts. Will never not laugh at flyboy stripper wife. From everything I've heard they totally nailed it

It’s everything you could hope for in a 90s summer blockbuster. The visual effects still hold up alright. Although the sequel is the worst movie I’ve paid to see.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The things I read about our cyber issues on the yellow/red net don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It’s everything you could hope for in a 90s summer blockbuster. The visual effects still hold up alright. Although the sequel is the worst movie I’ve paid to see.

I was about to say something but then I noticed the paid and I was huh that's probably fair. Someone noticed that some parts looked like Panzer Dragoon Orta and for that alone I can't hate it but many it was otherwise dull in a movie that should not have been

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Eh chicago's worth a visit

Smith is making a Nat Geo series literally called "Welcome to Earth"

https://youtu.be/i0MTCXgil1M

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Saw the Dune movie in theaters. Worth the cost, would pay it again. Understandable why they skipped a ton of the world building that was in the book. Would have been even longer if they put it all in, though there were enough two-second nod and wink scenes/background pieces/choices of phrasing there for people that already knew those details to show it was not forgotten, just passed over.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Saw the Dune movie in theaters. Worth the cost, would pay it again. Understandable why they skipped a ton of the world building that was in the book. Would have been even longer if they put it all in, though there were enough two-second nod and wink scenes/background pieces/choices of phrasing there for people that already knew those details to show it was not forgotten, just passed over.

There was a graphic novel (Dune: House Atreides) that preceded the movie.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Even worse than usual time to be on the internet re: the rittenhouse trial.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Is he the satanic concert jabber??!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wasabi the J posted:

Is he the satanic concert jabber??!

Oh man this too. Reddit's having a great weekend

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The movie Independence Day vastly overestimated our ability to cope with paradigm shifts and how much Morse code I would know as a soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

The movie Independence Day vastly overestimated our ability to cope with paradigm shifts and how much Morse code I would know as a soldier.

If Independence Day happened in our world today, there would be a significant segment of the population who believe that “President Shitmore” conspired with other globalist world leaders to pull off a massive false flag event. The aliens weren’t real and their spaceships were fake, the cities were destroyed by nuclear weapons (smuggled from Iraq to disguise the signature of the blasts, that’s why we actually invaded to steal their WMDs because Saddam wouldn’t go along with the plot) and they’ve since been secretly rebuilt to house millions of illegal immigrants - the REAL alien invasion. Anyone you know who died in New York/LA/DC was a crisis actor. Oh and gently caress you libtard, the surviving frogs are all gay now.