Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Things that are happening:

Alec Baldwin killed a guy
Waygu beef- apparently newsworthy!
COVID- still a thing though
Climate Change: will the world agree that it’s bad and maybe do something about it? lol
Donald Trump: still president? NO!

Edit: at least October ended the best way that it could have.

https://twitter.com/FreakSugar/status/1455128794310844418?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

To contribute to my own pitiful thread, the Washington Post dropped a huge, three-part story on what happened before, during and after the Jan 6 insurrection. Among their findings- the FBI didn’t seem to take the threat seriously at all despite local law enforcement freaking out, response plans were hampered due to miscommunications between agencies and more importantly stonewalling by the Trump administration, and this thing was way closer to being a successful coup than anyone had been willing to acknowledge. The whole thing is excellently sourced and well written, and is definitely worth a read.

It also has some occasionally funny parts:

quote:

Only one House member and one senator needed to sign to prompt the chambers to split apart and debate the merits of each contested state. Still, many Republicans wanted to have proof that they supported these contests, so dozens upon dozens signed their names. “The things we do for the orange Jesus,” one of them muttered aloud as he signed.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/rOJ1cw6mohw

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i still like this costume
https://twitter.com/RobertIrwin/status/1454778020351250434?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's serious hope that the SB 8 Abortion Law in Texas gets overturned at the Supreme Court based on oral arguments today. From the various court observers, it appears that Texas only has two justices obviously on their side. Kavanaugh, Barrett, and Roberts have all asked not-leading questions where they're trying to work through Stupid Law Questions.

Really doesn't matter though, not hard to find a 5-4 decision justified with a "we're super confused, therefore the law stands because Calvinball".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It extra super doesn't matter because the law has already fulfilled it's purpose; attacking the undesirables, owning the libs, and securing political notoriety for the governor.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Climate Change: will the world agree that it’s bad and maybe do something about it? lol

:tif:

https://twitter.com/MacaesBruno/status/1454769716552142849

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

My Job's HR decided today to get ahead of Bidens Executive Order and is asking for either proof of vaccination or an email saying "I'm not vaccinated" by the end of the week in case fed dollars/contracts are gonna be withheld based on us not keeping records I guess. I wonder if I can bribe someone in HR to give rough figures on what the percentage split looks like

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol at Manchin "holding the spending bill hostage won't get my vote"

*continues to hold spending bill hostage*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

My Job's HR decided today to get ahead of Bidens Executive Order and is asking for either proof of vaccination or an email saying "I'm not vaccinated" by the end of the week in case fed dollars/contracts are gonna be withheld based on us not keeping records I guess. I wonder if I can bribe someone in HR to give rough figures on what the percentage split looks like

real talk from a car parts plant in SC: we started giving a $100 straight cash bonus for proof of vaccination back in march and are still below a 40% take rate as of thursday

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 1, 2021

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lol

https://twitter.com/calvinbecerra/status/1454328591202721796?s=20

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-says-6b-worlds-billionaires-031016473.html

Just awesome our world is held hostage by these psychos. Hmmm people need food you say? Sounds dubious. gently caress.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ohnomyjpegsbeenstolen.jpeg

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol at Manchin "holding the spending bill hostage won't get my vote"

*continues to hold spending bill hostage*

He's a particularly big, dumb idiot because the House was set to pass the infrastructure bill and reconciliation tomorrow, as even the progressives bought into the plan over the weekend to pass both. All he had to do was shut up for two days, *then* have this dumb presser and continue negotiating/loving up the reconciliation bill.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'm the thief that conned the mark into transferring their assets to me while talking them through their language settings. I now declare this priceless work of art belongs to the people.

I'm keeping the other two.

this is a joke, please don't come after me, all powerful NFT police!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Beyond the joke replies, there are so many replies of "man, sucks, but you kind of scammed yourself. Anyway, time to get back on the NFT horse, go buy more NFTs!!!!"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A human being would just give WFP the money- it's literally nothing to him.

I hate people.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Ahahahahahah we're so loving doomed

https://twitter.com/ninalakhani/status/1455188469400195082

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mlmp08 posted:

Beyond the joke replies, there are so many replies of "man, sucks, but you kind of scammed yourself. Anyway, time to get back on the NFT horse, go buy more NFTs!!!!"

https://twitter.com/shacknews/status/1455247037469900808

I know why people invest in crypto, but I also don't know why people invest in crypto. It's really amazing how fast the pyramid schemes can be developed, implemented, and cashed out nowadays.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Joe biden sucks? N-no... It turns out it's more profitable to let everyone die

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Manchin held a press conference to poo poo on progressives for holding up the infrastructure bill while at the same time saying he's waffling again on the reconciliation bill and wants to cut more out of it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Manchin held a press conference to poo poo on progressives for holding up the infrastructure bill while at the same time saying he's waffling again on the reconciliation bill and wants to cut more out of it.

https://twitter.com/JonahFurman/status/1455235541792923655?t=JuUKkhSAJrlOQxnfF8MZUg&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

Joe biden sucks? N-no... It turns out it's more profitable to let everyone die

Here's the write-up of that conference - Biden's pretty hysterically boned. The overseas countries are all like "eh, we need more time, come back in 2040" while a chunk of his approval rating tanking is people whining about increasing gas prices since a year ago (because nothing was happening a year ago that deflated gas prices!).

https://twitter.com/LyndseyLayton/status/1455267007880957960

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's really loving weird is that statements like this are coming out from the hardcore progressive wing, not really bothered about Manchin's dumb nonsense:

https://twitter.com/MariannaReports/status/1455248045545820168

There have been rumblings that there are also enough idiot Democratic centrists on the House side to torpedo the reconciliation bill even clearing the House. Considering how much everyone is talking to each other, it's not out of the realm of possibility that letting Manchin be his usual idiot self is going to bring those idiot centrists along for the initial reconciliation vote, making the progressive side happy.

This is all very stupid and politicians have stupid brains.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Almost makes you wonder if it's worth trying to go after those republicans that are declining to run next election and seeing if they can flip one or a few.

Lol it would never happen. Someone else would just gently caress it up the very next day.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Defenestrategy posted:

We got something like that as well. There were already a couple reply-alls of "I will not comply :jerkbag:" even saw one "Let's go Brandon!" One person sent a "I don't have the courage to lose my livelihood :cry: so I will put something in my body I disagree with." Maybe this is one way to get the boomers to leave the loving work force already and let some of the next generations at least get a chance to make some real money.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I don't know how to precisely describe the surge bone-deep contempt that wells up every time I see that "Let's go Brandon" poo poo. Like we get it, you're all a bunch of insane cowardly little quislings, but you're really too afraid of saying "gently caress Joe Biden"?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've been doing my best to distance myself from the loop and have no clue who the gently caress brandon is and I'm not entirely sure I care to know at this point

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been doing my best to distance myself from the loop and have no clue who the gently caress brandon is and I'm not entirely sure I care to know at this point

I had literally never heard of it until this very thread but tldr a reporter was interviewing some guy named Brandon who won a Nascar race and the crowd was shouting "gently caress Joe Biden" and the reporter thought they were saying "Let's Go Brandon"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Wrong Theory posted:

We got something like that as well. There were already a couple reply-alls of "I will not comply :jerkbag:" even saw one "Let's go Brandon!" One person sent a "I don't have the courage to lose my livelihood :cry: so I will put something in my body I disagree with." Maybe this is one way to get the boomers to leave the loving work force already and let some of the next generations at least get a chance to make some real money.

NYPD Union: 10,000 cops aren't going to go with your tyrannical vaccine mandate!

NYPD head: lol it was 34 because the other few thousand are being processed for exemptions like usual

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1455287182894194688

Blue Flu: good and saves lives

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I don't know how to precisely describe the surge bone-deep contempt that wells up every time I see that "Let's go Brandon" poo poo. Like we get it, you're all a bunch of insane cowardly little quislings, but you're really too afraid of saying "gently caress Joe Biden"?

Telling the President to go gently caress himself is a time-honored tradition and is a healthy thing, I just find *that* brand of nonsense particularly brain-breakingly stupid when it's being yelled on the floor of the House. Why yes, I have braingoo leaking out of my ears, why do you ask?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Got to see what the active vehicle barrier looks like when deployed today. Appreciate the driver did it around lunch time so I had a reason to be avoiding the office longer and not adding an hour to my commute home but would have appreciated some notification that the gate was closed. This isn’t the first time this year the alert system was lacking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

NYPD Union: 10,000 cops aren't going to go with your tyrannical vaccine mandate!

NYPD head: lol it was 34 because the other few thousand are being processed for exemptions like usual

34 ÷ 10000 = 0.0034

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's some big Church of the SubGenius X-Day energy here: https://twitter.com/neurodruid/status/1455352927930003456

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Maybe we're the crazy ones did you ever think that

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wait, does this dude think that if you return from the dead, you are President?
I am utterly confused as to the mental leaps required there. It's wrinkling my brain.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

bulletsponge13 posted:

I am utterly confused as to the mental leaps required there. It's wrinkling my brain.

No, he thinks JFK Sr is Jesus, which is why he will "pass" after a week. Unclear if JFK will be 46 or 104 when he returns. Really unclear why alt-right/Q people like JFK, or why anyone thinks he would have liked Trump.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

bulletsponge13 posted:

technically he never finished his term, so im sure theres a case

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

technically he never finished his term, so im sure theres a case

But he will be dead again before an injunction will be filed.
I am so confused at to the logic here. Like, I need all these dots connected.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I went to a Renaissance festival this past weekend and the dude doing most of the talking for the joust had the crowd shouting "Let's go, Brandon!" a lot. I just figured his name was Brandon. gently caress.

Guess I should have known when be said "Make Medieval Times Great Again."

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Pictured - JFK Sr. greeting the true believers at Daley Plaza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

I know why people invest in crypto, but I also don't know why people invest in crypto. It's really amazing how fast the pyramid schemes can be developed, implemented, and cashed out nowadays.

You know who's big into crypto?

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1433380529819299840?s=20