Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Red Oktober posted:

Yay I have Covid.

My unvaccinated sister and/or her unvaccinated kids passed it to my vaxxed mum, who passed it on to my vaxxed partner who - as of Friday - has not managed to pass it on to me. Small mercies.

I'll be off for another PCR on Wednesday to see if booting her into the spare room was sufficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/1457785380233629706

e: lol

https://twitter.com/jlz0z/status/1457789406908076039

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 8, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lazy fucker, lacking aspiration, why doesn't he just get more jobs?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Payndz posted:

Imagine this, but with Johnson's fleshy Jabba the Hutt face slapped across it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

Yay I have Covid. Looking forward to ten days by myself in the flat! That's what you get for working a job that mandates three days a week in the office with a constantly revolving roster of people in or out because they've had a positive result.

Tested positive on a random PCR on Saturday, but still negative on the lateral flow tests today. Here's hoping to an asymptomatic recovery!

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you and yours get well soon.

I found out today why one of my cousins always looks so tired. He recently split from his wife and is now living with a woman in Portsmouth. But in some bizarre bid to make it look like they haven't split (because his dad is very ill and he doesn't want to upset him) he's still driving from Portsmouth to South Wales, working and driving back again everyday. That's a 5 hour round trip and a full days work, apparently he's getting around 5 hours of sleep a day. I told him he'll end up crashing on the motorway after he falls asleep at the wheel. The ideas some people have.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
My mate lives in Portsmouth and driving down from Cardiff once a year or so is pretty tiring. Doing it twice a day, five days a week, is a recipe for disaster.

I know it's easier said than done but he needs to metaphorically rip the plaster off and tell his old man.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gambrinus posted:

My mate lives in Portsmouth and driving down from Cardiff once a year or so is pretty tiring. Doing it twice a day, five days a week, is a recipe for disaster.

I know it's easier said than done but he needs to metaphorically rip the plaster off and tell his old man.

He really does, or better yet not say anything at all. His father is being sent home because there is nothing the hospital can do now and I'm not sure he has much time left so there's no need to tell him.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

look at the size of those drat titties

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

crispix posted:

look at the size of those drat titties

my man boobs are much bigger, he really needs to try harder.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

bessantj posted:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you and yours get well soon.

I found out today why one of my cousins always looks so tired. He recently split from his wife and is now living with a woman in Portsmouth. But in some bizarre bid to make it look like they haven't split (because his dad is very ill and he doesn't want to upset him) he's still driving from Portsmouth to South Wales, working and driving back again everyday. That's a 5 hour round trip and a full days work, apparently he's getting around 5 hours of sleep a day. I told him he'll end up crashing on the motorway after he falls asleep at the wheel. The ideas some people have.

Gambrinus posted:

Wouldn't it be possible to say he has to work in Portsmouth mid-week or something so he only does it every 2-3 days?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1457809003380105218?s=21

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

it was a Serious, Professional, Moderate, Adult discussion. not some shady, sleazy backroom uhh, uhhh "talks", hmpf :saddumb:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can we really not think of something better to criticise Boris over than "he fat lol"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bring all the boys to the yard

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

bessantj posted:

He really does, or better yet not say anything at all. His father is being sent home because there is nothing the hospital can do now and I'm not sure he has much time left so there's no need to tell him.

I take it his dad is in Wales? It sounds like he needs to explain to his new girlfriend that he needs to be near his father. They can alternate weekends in Wales and Portsmouth if necessary. Losing a parent is incredibly stressful and I would hope a partner would understand the circumstances and not try to compete for attention with a dying man.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wouldn't it be possible to say he has to work in Portsmouth mid-week or something so he only does it every 2-3 days?

Oh the company he works for has an office in Portsmouth, he could work there 5 days a week.

Lady Demelza posted:

I take it his dad is in Wales? It sounds like he needs to explain to his new girlfriend that he needs to be near his father. They can alternate weekends in Wales and Portsmouth if necessary. Losing a parent is incredibly stressful and I would hope a partner would understand the circumstances and not try to compete for attention with a dying man.

In fact his new partner has suggested he say here full time and she'll come up on the weekend.

However, my cousin has a history of taking the wrong option every single time.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Julio Cruz posted:

can we really not think of something better to criticise Boris over than "he fat lol"

thread is very inconsistent on when it's OK to poke fun at someone's appearance and when it's not.

he is fat though lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Boris Johnson said that "voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts" but the monkey paw curls and you're now married to Boris Johnson.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

Sure, but sometimes you gotta play the classics

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

You sound... not thin.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You sound... not thin.

You really are the new Pissflaps

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah. That was below the, not inconsiderable belt, but Julio Cruz is one of my sworn enemies. I regret that and wouldn't do it to most other people.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1457827954919198733

And I'm too lazy to go back to find who it was who suggested this....

... but thank you. I'm two days in, and can't recommend it enough.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Unbelievable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The addition that His Divine Shadow recommended which also hides that bit is also very good, it's like your posting enemies don't even exist.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

A cowardly way to exist

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Don't sign your posts.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's been long enough that I put someone on my Ignore list that I'd forgotten there are 13 people on it.

Also, this is fun. Not the Serco-employed staff on poo poo wages (that's just Serco), but the not-far-off-simultaneous announcement that Serco are pulling the plug on their Facilities contract with Barts Health NHS Trust because they're not making enough money from it.

Get hosed, Serco.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

WhatEvil posted:

Don't sign your posts.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kecske posted:

thread is very inconsistent on when it's OK to poke fun at someone's appearance and when it's not.

he is fat though lol

personally I lean more towards "never", but generally ITT it's more acceptable if the thing you're mocking is a personal choice (like Michael Fabricant's hair) rather than something the person can't control

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Fabricant doesn't have a choice about the hair - he lost a very serious forfeit and it was either the wig or accept banishment

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ah, so this is why I am not hailed as a comedy god.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

personally I lean more towards "never", but generally ITT it's more acceptable if the thing you're mocking is a personal choice (like Michael Fabricant's hair) rather than something the person can't control

Boris johnson could control his weight if he wanted to though?

Not that I agree thats theres any value in this arbitrary determination of pisstaking. For instance, is being an alcoholic something you can "control" as you've taken the piss numerous times out of Starmer for being one, for instance.

It seems more like you just fancied calling someone out and trying to make them feel bad for saying a thing they didnt really think about

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fabricant doesn't have a choice about the hair - he lost a very serious forfeit and it was either the wig or accept banishment

I thought it was a firmware setting that you can't change without a special usb adaptor cable that only Tyrell dealers have.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Boris isn't really that fat anyway so eh.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
My revulsion for Johnson knows no bounds. He is unspeakably unspeakable. ^^ this comment is unrelated to the comment above, I've been working on how many words for vile I can come up with to describe it, the thing, for some minutes now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

He's clearly a man who likes Big Dinners, but not quite a Unit

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

are the naked boris johnsons in the coldwar steve images representative of a real life naked johnson? are they funny? why?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

stev posted:

He's a big lad who generally dresses well enough to hide it, but comparing those pics of him at the hospital to the topless pap shots of him on holiday I'm seriously beginning to suspect a bit of corsetry going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

goddamnedtwisto posted:

comparing those pics of him at the hospital to the topless pap shots of him on holiday
this is an extremely cursed way to spend an evening