Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Jose posted:

we know specifically that there is because the key to get into it requires all of the month weapons and the rings that Karaka and Wangnan have. Data Jahad wanted Bam to get the real Jahad to start climbing again

We also know that the Administrator of the next floor attacked Jahad and his team when they went in. Jahad and the 10 family leaders are, collectively, not on Enryu's level and presumably on some level preparing to try to kill it. That was part of Enryu's gently caress you to Jahad. For all of what's happening, Jahad knowns Enryu could kill him and is letting fate play out instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Hodgepodge posted:

We also know that the Administrator of the next floor attacked Jahad and his team when they went in. Jahad and the 10 family leaders are, collectively, not on Enryu's level and presumably on some level preparing to try to kill it. That was part of Enryu's gently caress you to Jahad. For all of what's happening, Jahad knowns Enryu could kill him and is letting fate play out instead.

Maybe. It's possible the current top floor Guardian is stronger than the one Enryu killed. There's nothing saying they're all equally powerful, we just know only Enryu has tried and succeeded in killing one so far. Enryu's a big mystery in general considering how his absurd power plays into the revenge plot. If he was so unstoppably strong and sent by some sort of God to punish Jahad, why didn't he just poof into the top floor and kill Jahad? Obviously he was setting the table for Baam but that's really convoluted.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 9, 2021

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Jose posted:

we know specifically that there is because the key to get into it requires all of the month weapons and the rings that Karaka and Wangnan have. Data Jahad wanted Bam to get the real Jahad to start climbing again

I know there's more tower past the top floor occupied by Jahad, but the early tower had magic fish as occupants. The family heads aren't above lying, so I'm wondering if, for whatever reason, there aren't some people who made it past floor 137 and have set up another society that spans X floors where the ruled are so vastly different as to allow Bam to keep climbing without him being massively OP in comparison.

At the rate SIU is burning up his arms though, I really hope there isn't and the story ends with Jahad.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I mean we know there are natural denizens of the Tower. So there's possibly entire societies beyond the current top floor in their outer regions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It'd always been a bit peculiar that there are whole civilisations in the tower but rak is a "native one". There is nothing to say people hadn't already climbed the tower from the outside starting these before jahad implemented his empire

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Well we know the Tower isn't like...a tower that you climb up the stairs to climb. You basically have to teleport from one floor to the next. Which seems next to impossible without the Guardians doing it or being an irregular who can open the ways themselves.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Well we know the Tower isn't like...a tower that you climb up the stairs to climb. You basically have to teleport from one floor to the next. Which seems next to impossible without the Guardians doing it or being an irregular who can open the ways themselves.

Nah, Whats her name, the Lady who stomps Bam in the face in the first few episodes, she was running down a hidden set of stairs in the first arc.

There are non teleportation means by sure, but they are difficult and highly risky than the standard methods.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah, the Middle Area can be used by Rankers to bypass the need for an Administrator to teleport you between floors, as well as being an area of each floor where people live. The paths can be quite dangerous though, so you can't travel as recklessly as Yuri does unless you happen to be a badass with a Guide, which happens to be precisely what Yuri is.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

Nah, Whats her name, the Lady who stomps Bam in the face in the first few episodes, she was running down a hidden set of stairs in the first arc.

There are non teleportation means by sure, but they are difficult and highly risky than the standard methods.

Yeah but that's for people who have already been teleported up the floors. You can go back down to any floor you've been through in the middle area but you can't just climb the tower by going into the middle area and getting lucky.

We know there aren't real skies, for instance. You can't just go...up to another floor directly, in some physical way. Kind of defeats the purpose of the climb. I assume middle floor access to previous floors you've been is another Guardian deal.

Actually, maybe I'm wrong on the logistics of this. We know all these fancy family members have hordes of servants and slaves and wealth who aren't probably all high ranking regulars or rankers themselves, so those folks have to come from somewhere and I doubt it's purely native residents on each floor. Tower Topography: another giant mystery in the series.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah but that's for people who have already been teleported up the floors. You can go back down to any floor you've been through in the middle area but you can't just climb the tower by going into the middle area and getting lucky.

We know there aren't real skies, for instance. You can't just go...up to another floor directly, in some physical way. Kind of defeats the purpose of the climb. I assume middle floor access to previous floors you've been is another Guardian deal.

Actually, maybe I'm wrong on the logistics of this. We know all these fancy family members have hordes of servants and slaves and wealth who aren't probably all high ranking regulars or rankers themselves, so those folks have to come from somewhere and I doubt it's purely native residents on each floor. Tower Topography: another giant mystery in the series.

I mean, the Ranker system has been going on for thousands of years, so a lot of it is probably lower ranking families distantly related to the main family, branch families, and situations with Khun where he's playing stud and has lots of kids but your whole family can get cut off due to politics.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

My original assumption is they just take people who are already on the floor, and people who are born there (branch families) fill up the list but that seems a little odd. Like we know the Princesses undergo some process to be infused by Jahad's power, right? For instance, we know Yuri was on the top floor when Phantaminum attacked but she's from the Ha family and very likely wasn't born on the top floor, and wasn't a ranker yet when it happened, so she had access to not just the top floor, but Jahadd's palace despite not actually doing the climbing to get there.

So there is some other way people go up and down the tower, presumably safely, for stuff like that. I assume it's all with the Guardian's permission, but still. We were told the middle area is unsafe but maybe that's just for regulars and people without guides (which Yuri likely had, I suppose). The main reason I figured the floors are all basically their own pocket dimensions is the Floor of Death is entirely self contained. Like the craziness of any particular floor doesn't extend into the floors above and below it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I assume rankers and high rankers can transport people around who are not themselves chosen by the tower, or pull people outside of their given floor, however I would believe that those people then get "stuck" as they do not have the personal permissions to travel.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
fastpass spoilers :siren: Loved seeing giant Rak again and the group re-unites for a power-up! Next on the list, will we see Yasratcha getting a well deserved rear end kicking? :siren:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Furious Lobster posted:

fastpass spoilers :siren: Loved seeing giant Rak again and the group re-unites for a power-up! Next on the list, will we see Yasratcha getting a well deserved rear end kicking? :siren:

This was extremely unpopular on the Reddit lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
i love khun. Any khun power ups are good by me.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2021

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I hope Bam's powers don't get walked back after this fight, I think I'm a little tired of the up/down cycle, it's time for the new Irregular to shine.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

This is obviously going to be very taxing on him at his current level so I doubt him going all out is going to be a regular occurrence. Though with SIU's health issues I wouldn't be surprised if this is kind of a speeding up of the process of Baam getting to the top.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Even if it were to be a speeding up, the fist episode (on webtoons anyways) was June 2014. I think 7 years of build up is ok.

Edit: This very thread was started over a decade ago...

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Jose posted:

meanwhile the newest fan translated chapter which is I think 3 or 4 ahead of the fastpass chapters has the ToG reddit melting down about it lol

I liked it

Jose posted:

This was extremely unpopular on the Reddit lol

are these referring to the same thing

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Hirethor posted:

Even if it were to be a speeding up, the fist episode (on webtoons anyways) was June 2014. I think 7 years of build up is ok.

Edit: This very thread was started over a decade ago...

It started in 2010 so yeah, it's a pretty long running series to only be half way done, if that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It started in 2010 so yeah, it's a pretty long running series to only be half way done, if that.

Pretty sure Oda is laughing in One Piece arcs at the moment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tipme posted:

are these referring to the same thing

yeah

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ah, the leader

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
THAT'S RAKK'S ENTRANCE MUSIC :bahgawd:

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Is it just me or was the newest translation the worse one yet?

Still hyped for big Rak though

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Want big gator to come swiftly to liberate our souls.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whitest Russian posted:

Is it just me or was the newest translation the worse one yet?

Still hyped for big Rak though

All the webtoon translations have been bad recently and typos everywhere

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

At lot of good korean to english translators have apparently been getting eaten up by Tapas, who have been massively pushing their recent Manwha acquisitions on their platform.

They offer better pay than webtoons does. Even multiple scanlator groups have lost people to Tapas recruitment.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good, better pay is always good

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

For sure. I'm glad people are getting closer to what they are worth.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-96/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=514 (as well as the last 4 or so that didn't get links)

The dream of having someone in your life who makes that face as they catch you falling from the sky

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Editing/proofing seems better this week (I'd say "translation" but I guess technically I can't really judge that part.) Saw tons of people complaining in the comments for 95 and 96, maybe they took notice?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m really interested in seeing what direction they go with White’s character from here.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It's a bit of a cop-out, in my opinion. White is beaten, but not gone entirely, so of they really want to they can still recover him for a future villain role. I would have found more enjoyment in a more permanent end, instead of one of the subservient of White's personalities gaining the upper hand and joining Bam's circle of friends.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I figured that now that he has lost most of his power he would be able to try and grow stronger the “right” way, like his father, and show back up later as an ally with Hoaqin back in charge.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nimby posted:

It's a bit of a cop-out, in my opinion. White is beaten, but not gone entirely, so of they really want to they can still recover him for a future villain role. I would have found more enjoyment in a more permanent end, instead of one of the subservient of White's personalities gaining the upper hand and joining Bam's circle of friends.

If you thought that White was going to die for good after how EVERY other slayer's story arc has gone, you are not paying attention.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-102/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=520 (and like 5 chapters between now and the previous one)

Once Evankhell got a costume upgrade after avoiding getting shot before it felt like a flag but this is way too anticlimactic!!

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

On the one hand yeah this is no way for Evankhell to go and I don't believe it for a second, on the other hand spider mom is the funniest spider lady I have ever seen and I love her

I can only assume most of us are like me and only think to look at new chapters when there's activity in this thread, because I just had like six to catch up on and they're great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I read the "preview" chapters which I know people here don't read so I don't post about it

I read the fast pass chapters too and I think it's the same situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think I just looked at that scene and went "yeah no"

No drama at all, just Oh no i'm out of energy. SHANK and toss. Like that is not going to be it for Evankhell, it can't be it.