Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’ll allow it.

EDIT: On second thought, no.

Rude, YTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
My favorite soda, Shio, was from the 90s, was only produced in Sweden and Norway as far as I know, and got the axe back in 2004.

It had no coloring, had less sugar than most soda (30% less was claimed) yet no artificial sweeteners, making it taste lighter and more tart. It came in three flavors here in Norway: Orange, blackcurrant and peach. Apparently there was an apple and lime one, but I never saw it in the wild. The peach one was amazing; there are some sour beers with artifical peach flavor that sort of remind me of it. I think Sweden also had a pear one.

The best current soda is probably Schweppes Bitter Lemon.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 9, 2021

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

feedmegin posted:

That's because American companies bought all the British ones in the last decade or so.

That makes sense :( I went to Britain 17 years ago. The Snickers bars were like ambrosia. Peanut flavored ambrosia.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Neat to see one of these go the other way

AITA for not letting my parents see my kids anymore?

AITA?
Drown the grandparents in a vat of soda.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's a lot going on, but the wife losing her poo poo over the camping trip is just bizarre

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i like to grab a couple olipop sodas when i go to the fancy grocery store to get fancy groceries, and they're really tasty and have a whopping 9 GRAMS of fiber in each can. but they're also kinda expensive, like $2~3/can. best sodas i've ever had tho, so i'm fine with buying them as a lil treat.

admittedly they're kinda twee lookin, but i vibe with poo poo like that

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

There's a lot going on, but the wife losing her poo poo over the camping trip is just bizarre
Yeah it's hard to tell if the parents are actually terrible and that reaction is justified based on unsaid things, or if the wife is actively alienating OP from their family. The mentions of abuse, and all the estranged parent stories in the thread, would point to the former, but OP is so passive in the entire story, even when describing themself as angry that I don't know.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

holtemon posted:

Not from /relationships but still a doozy. All the comments are saying she's out cheating on him during the 9 hour PTA meeting
A 9 hour PTA meeting in a different city which is uh, not how PTA associations typically work.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MagusofStars posted:

A 9 hour PTA meeting in a different city which is uh, not how PTA associations typically work.

This guy would have believe his wife if she showed him a DVD player in a backpack and told him it was a work laptop.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

DoubleNegative posted:

This discussion is reminding me of that time when I was a kid when my family had this container of chocolates from around the world. Most of them were fine or even delicious. But one of the little bars from somewhere in Europe tasted like loving ham. It's really disconcerting to bite into what you think is chocolate, only to taste pork.

Chocolate covered pig fat is absolutely a thing in Ukraine. It's sort of a stunt food like fried Mars bars or whatever, but it's a thing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MagusofStars posted:

She has strong opinions on CRT that she needs to let them know about

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

She has strong opinions on CRT that she needs to let them know about

His wife is actually Matt Walsh.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Y'all need to start sipping on Beverley

Midnight Voyager posted:

My friend will never quite forgive me for suggesting this to him at the Coke museum. His face when he tried it was absolutely priceless.

kntfkr posted:

ohhhhhh I had that poo poo in Epcot. the Italian horse piss drink right

And here’s where I admit to being the rear end in a top hat: years ago in the Before Times when I had an annual pass my first stop at Epcot was always the Coke gift shop/tasting station and I would excitedly proclaim “oh wow, try the Beverly!” to my friends who already had done so. Without fail someone within earshot would in fact try the Beverly on the word of a complete stranger who wasn’t even addressing them. The reactions were golden, especially from the little boy who loved it to the shock of his parents.

I actually like Beverly and wish I could get a hold of some, I miss it.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

MagusofStars posted:

He does say

quote:

PTA type meeting
so maybe the different city thing could work? Might not actually be PTA and he just wanted to be vague enough.

My suspicion is she had a 30 minute meeting and a 8.5 hour bang session though.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Trapick posted:

He does say

so maybe the different city thing could work? Might not actually be PTA and he just wanted to be vague enough.

My suspicion is she had a 30 minute meeting and a 8.5 hour bang session though.

she has sex with school board members to honeytrap them into more heavily funding inner-city schools. Several hundred underprivileged schoolchildren will have bright futures because of her relentless loving. shes actually a hero.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
PTA stands for Pussy/Tits/rear end

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MagusofStars posted:

My hometown shared a school system with the town 10 miles away, and I could totally see something going on in Santa Fe an hour away for some collaborative reason or another. And if Mom was going out there she'd make a list of everything else to be done while out, so in a vacuum I wouldn't call that proof. But if we did that it'd be a situation where the whole family went and Dad kept us occupied while she was busy then we'd spend the rest of the day together.

Heck, maybe it was "the We Think We're Right Because We're Mothers Association is going to yell at the state Congress".

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

feedmegin posted:

That's because American companies bought all the British ones in the last decade or so.

drat, the British must be really upset at those British confectionery companies for selling out then. :rip:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

drat, the British must be really upset at those British confectionery companies for selling out then. :rip:

Remember, remember, the 5th Hersheyvember, the chocolate treason and p— :synthy:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

MagusofStars posted:

Apparently she's Japanese and he's an expat living in Japan with her, so maybe there was some kind of miscommunication or Japanese PTAs are different?

He sounds whiny and exhausting either way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My wife’s boyfriend

quote:

So a little over 10 years ago my wife and I decided we would have an open marriage now where at the start this was fantastic for me and gave me the opportunity to get around to many things that I wasn’t able to in my younger years particularly interactions with young attractive women. I now find myself in a tricky predicament. I love my wife more than anything but we have found ourselves in a situation that is really only beneficial for her, recently my wife started seeing someone let’s just call him my wife’s boyfriend ant he’s moved in and I’ve been moved to the spare room. I’m finding it really difficult to manage our family, our kids and also my marriage. I feel like we said yes to each other too many times for too long and now we’re both just yes people however there’s not really much yes it for me just her. What should I do?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

My wife’s boyfriend

charge him rent

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

holtemon posted:

Not from /relationships but still a doozy. All the comments are saying she's out cheating on him during the 9 hour PTA meeting

perhaps he should have put his demand for an enthusiastic birthday BJ in writing?

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeah, that jumped out at me. "We can never trust my parents again because they were both going to babysit my kids, but my father couldn't go so my cousin went in his place and...helped my mom babysit my kids." Like, so what?

It would make sense to get mad if the cousin was a dangerously irresponsible person who OP doesn't want near his kids, but if so that would have been a pretty important detail to put in the story.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I'm (29F) realizing that I don't have a supportive husband (31M). I'm graduating with a bachelor's degree and making more money and he's NOT happy about it.

quote:

Okay so we've been married for 5 years, dating for 7. At the beginning of our relationship, I was doing prerequisites to get into a nursing program. I ended up going to a 2-year community college to get my associates and then started work as a nurse around the time we got married. My income went from about 40,000 a year working in a call center to about 60,000 a year working at a hospital, so it was a huge improvement. My husband, at the time, was happy for me.

Now to give a little background, he works in a trade, like plumbing or electricity or steel, something like that. So he makes good money, about 80,000 a year. He's always been the higher earner and did not need a degree to do his job. Which is amazing, I wish I didn't have to waste so long in school and pay so much money to do what I do.

With graduation coming up I've noticed him making snarky remarks like when I made a statement that I was excited to graduate he said "I don't know why, having a bachelor's is pretty much pointless anyway. I don't even see the need for it. You're already a nurse." So that kind of brought me down a little bit.

Also I've been discussing with him me going into more of a specialty at work. This would mean I make more money. My ideal job would be quite easy for me to get now with a bachelor's and it would put me between 90 to 100,000 a year. Ever since we've had this discussion he's been cold to me. He has said things like "Well are you sure you can do that job? It sounds hard. Maybe you should just stay where you're at." When I mentioned the hospital I want to work at is about 45 minutes away, all he could talk about was how difficult the commute would be and me getting stuck in snow storms on the way or something. He's just being a huge downer about it.

I also mentioned to someone recently that I was thinking about going back after I was done with my bachelor's to possibly get my masters in nursing education so I can teach nursing school someday. He was standing next to me when I said this, and he made a huge exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes.

I don't understand. He's always been happy and supportive of me but now I feel like I have overstepped an invisible boundary that I didn't know existed. I feel like since I make more money than him he's somehow taking it personally which is confusing because it's not like I'm spending a ton of money on myself. The money is going to go into our savings and go into our house and go towards us traveling. I've told him this, and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I just don't know what to do or say to make him realize how hurtful he's being.

TL;DR husband is not excited that I'm going to be making more money than he is and is not supportive of my choice to pursue higher education. Don't know what to do.

girl it's never too late to sever

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Chocolate covered pig fat is absolutely a thing in Ukraine. It's sort of a stunt food like fried Mars bars or whatever, but it's a thing.
Also Minnesota.
https://www.twincities.com/2008/06/21/chocolate-covered-bacon-try-it-at-the-minnesota-state-fair/

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mx. posted:

I'm (29F) realizing that I don't have a supportive husband (31M). I'm graduating with a bachelor's degree and making more money and he's NOT happy about it.
Lmao your trade husband is gonna be begging you to risk your license for pain pills and driving up your family insurance premiums like loving crazy once his knees give out, all within a cool 10-15 years. Gtfo and shack up with a soft-bellied doctor, slam on some rock-hard orderlies, and laugh your rear end off on PTO like the rest of your hospital colleagues.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Mx. posted:

girl it's never too late to sever

And so easy when you're financially independent! Doesn't even sound like they have kids. Just pack your bags and walk away!

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

holtemon posted:

Yeah this is kind of horrifying because she is almost definitely cheating, but the alternative is even worse. She might actually be the kind of horrid hellmom that demands (and gets) a 9 hour PTA meeting.

I am a teacher. There are absolutely moms out there with zero lives of their own who make it their fulltime job to bother the loving teachers about inane and pointless bullshit. I have a mom in my class who calls EVERY DAY to offer suggestions about my lessons, sometimes calling DURING the lessons in case she has a particularly spicy take on how I said something wrong 10 seconds ago. She would be in orgasmic ecstasy at a 9 hour PTA meeting, so yeah, I suppose the wife is certainly getting off without him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its Japan PTAs are a requirement for one parent and typically include covering at least one major event for the year. One of my employees had to cover some track and field event (her kid does not do the sport) that lasted from 9am to 5pm.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Apparently she's Japanese and he's an expat living in Japan with her, so maybe there was some kind of miscommunication or Japanese PTAs are different?

He sounds whiny and exhausting either way.

Someone translate enthusiastic bj into Japanese for me.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

mind the walrus posted:

My wife’s boyfriend

Did OP post any pics of his cuck shack?

Found a spicy one from prudie. Guess the spoilers:

Q. Wish I’d never seen it:

quote:

I’ve always thought that my 16-year-old son Trevor was a pretty normal kid. Gets along well with his classmates, does alright in school, plays sports, and is generally a good guy. However, something that I witnessed yesterday has shaken my image of him.

I had just returned from work and needed to use the restroom, so I went to the closest restroom to the front door. This also happens to be the closest restroom to Trevor’s bedroom. The door was slightly ajar, and when I pushed it open, I saw Trevor on the toilet, masturbating with one hand and holding his iPad with the other. Already an awkward situation, but then I saw what was on the screen. It was, unmistakably, a Facebook photo of my wife at the beach in a bikini. I apologized and rushed out, and I’ve been thinking about this incident ever since.

I know that teens are horny, but it’s hard to look at my son the same way after I saw him jerking off to an image of his own mother. I haven’t spoken much to him since this and haven’t yet brought it up, let alone mentioned it to my wife. I don’t even know if I should, given how uncomfortable it might make both her and Trevor. How do I address this, and is it worth discussing with my wife?

Oedipus check yourself before you Oedipus wreck yourself.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Did Prudie ask "does Trevor post on the forums as Microwave?"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MagusofStars posted:

There have been edits. It's probably not cheating, just general "not being a good partner" stuff.

quote:

Edit —- I’ve no idea why this blew up while I was sleeping. But thanks for the birthday wishes internet friends. It’s weird that it helps, but it does!

Edit 2 — I said PTA type meeting because I didn’t want to dox myself. I’m familiar with what she’s doing and the large group she was with. There is a new school campus being built in said city and they have day long steering meetings (and get a nice cafe lunch with the other mums provided, I should have skipped work for the meeting ha!)

Edit 3 (as I read the comments) — I understand leading with the sex thing is douchy. I just hate that I was ‘gifted’ what should be a normal part of a marriage.

Edit 4 - Just approached the topic with the wife. I’m not good at articulating these things so I wrote it down.

Her response was “is this going to make me feel worse? If so I don’t want to read it”

Edit 5 - So, I've got 150+ DMS, most of which are people sending their love. Once nice girl offering to send her boobs (lol!) and another offering to send a card I guess today wasn't so bad after all.

Guys, with 4.5k comments and 150+ dms there is no way I can reply to your birthday wishes, but I'm reading them and I appreciate you all!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Did Prudie ask "does Trevor post on the forums as Microwave?"

TBF to microwave, his (I think step)mom was wearing a t-shirt, not a bikini.

It WAS at the beach or near enough for the beach to be in the background.

How is it that I have so clear recall of that photo but not what I had for lunch yesterday?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There have been edits. It's probably not cheating, just general "not being a good partner" stuff.

r/relationships: is this going to make me feel worse? If so I don’t want to read it

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Dude, do you really think Microwave gave us the best stuff?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

And here’s where I admit to being the rear end in a top hat: years ago in the Before Times when I had an annual pass my first stop at Epcot was always the Coke gift shop/tasting station and I would excitedly proclaim “oh wow, try the Beverly!” to my friends who already had done so. Without fail someone within earshot would in fact try the Beverly on the word of a complete stranger who wasn’t even addressing them. The reactions were golden, especially from the little boy who loved it to the shock of his parents.

I actually like Beverly and wish I could get a hold of some, I miss it.

I missed the Beverly chat earlier but I remember only three things from the World of Coke in Atlanta: 1) you get a free little can of whatever type of Coke you want, 2) Greece has Grapefruit Fanta that is like 10x better than Fresca, and 3) Beverly, the Italian soft drink, is literally dirt flavored. Not "earthy", not talking about "terroir", just dirt.

You, Superman's Gal Pal, are a monster, both for deceiving innocent civilians and for liking this abomination of a beverage

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

How is it that I have so clear recall of that photo but not what I had for lunch yesterday?

How about the goon with the hot step mom up on the bathroom counter while he threw up the shocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
My BF (39) puts a towel on his crotch when he sits to take a dump because he hates the smell of his own poop and then proceeds to hang it back on the door knob. Been together for 3 yrs. I (31F) confronted him about it but he Ignored my concerns

quote:

I found out one day cause I accidentally opened the door and I saw the traumatizing image in front of me. After he was done , because I do respect the pooping time, I approached him and told him what the heck did I just watch? Then he explained me the reason and I mean I get it but still told him that it’s disgusting that he hangs it back on the door knob because I’m sure the towel keeps some of the disgusting smell of his own number 2. He agreed and told me he was not going to do ever do that again because yes it’s gross. Today I opened the door by accident (I thought he was in the kitchen) and saw the traumatizing image again. I confronted him about it and now he completely changed his words and claims that it’s his towel and he can do whatever the heck he wants with his towel. Idk what to do, we only have one bathroom and idk how to approach this

I NEED to know if this is his bath towel, or if he has a separate poop towel. My money's on it being the same towel