Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
I've been running an experiment on the dog

She has maybe 5 little bags of treats we cycle through and I noticed she'd get real excited over one of them, so I decided to track, if given a choice between two, which she would pick, which eventually should give me a ranked list of her preferences

I am trying to work through all the iterations, mixing up what is in each hand when I offer so she doesn't just associate "left hand good treat" or something

I hold out a bag in each hand and I taught her to tap on the bag with her paw (it's like her high five motion) to tell me which treat she wants. She learned this fast and I'm notating times when she really enthusiastically high fives the bag she wants, like strong pref

So far nothing surprising but I've only collected maybe 20 samples. Gonna give it a lot more time, making sure I do all the permutations in both hands or as close as I can get before I burn out lol

She shows a strong preference for these banana biscuit things but the little jerky sticks are a strong contender

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
There's a certain paradox with this thread title I would like to address

if I am a lurker, I have to post; but in doing so, I lose the mandate to have to post any longer, as I am no longer a lurker. A lack of posting qualifies someone as a lurker, so we find ourselves back at square 1.

the cosmic ballet goes on

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Code Jockey posted:

if I am a lurker, I have to post; but in doing so, I lose the mandate to have to post any longer, as I am no longer a lurker. A lack of posting qualifies someone as a lurker, so we find ourselves back at square 1.

Just because you don't have to post doesn't mean you don't post

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
phreeow

cruft

I woke up feeling hung over, so I slept for like 3 hours this morning. Then I woke up, got lunch, and realized I felt perfectly fine.

This vaccine is like illness tourism. I felt lousy for exactly 12 hours, and not a minute longer.

Which means I get half a day off on sick leave and I feel fine!

Farecoal

There he go
*Opening up a foil-wrapped pack of medical syringes* Oh man, I hope I get- woah is that a hepatitis? Let's see. Hepatitis... B?? Again?? Ughhhhhhh what a rip-off

more falafel please

forums poster

Code Jockey posted:

the only solution is to :justpost:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

alnilam

Farecoal posted:

*Opening up a foil-wrapped pack of medical syringes* Oh man, I hope I get- woah is that a hepatitis? Let's see. Hepatitis... B?? Again?? Ughhhhhhh what a rip-off

One of those subscription companies that sends you a box of random poo poo every month but it's all vaccines

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

doing a booster draft box of vaccines this weekend.

sig by owlhawk911

Ass-penny

Code Jockey posted:

Square one is the friendship square, and much like a local cat tum, I am going to touch it.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

Square one is the friendship square, and much like a local cat tum, I am going to touch it.

Can we talk about the no-no square next

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Can we talk about the no-no square next

Sounds like crime is afoot. :coolslime:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

Sounds like crime is afoot. :coolslime:

depends on how into feet you are

Ass-penny

Lmfao

In other news I'm a little perplexed by my neighbors sticker.

The image isn't great, I'm aware. It says "I smoked today" and I'm sure it is supposed to be a sort of booyah, a "I slayed/kicked today's rear end," what have you. But I always read it as like, "I smoked (cigarettes, et al) today," and the box with the checkmark to the left of the text just makes the second option make more sense to me. I think about it every time I end up parking behind them.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Lmfao

The image isn't great, I'm aware. It says "I smoked today" and I'm sure it is supposed to be a sort of booyah, a "I slayed/kicked today's rear end," what have you. But I always read it as like, "I smoked (cigarettes, et al) today," and the box with the checkmark to the left of the text just makes the second option make more sense to me. I think about it every time I end up parking behind them.

No this is absolutely "I smoked weed today" and that's what makes it funny

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Does that car smell faintly of skunk and have clouds rolling out the window?

sig by owlhawk911

Gramps

rear end-penny posted:

Lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4oG06g1B9U

Heather Papps

hello friend

time changes are weird. dolly started acting like it was dinner time, and i thought to myself "silly cat it's early - oh... hmmm okay yeah sure here's dinner"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

M is currently getting an MRI, it's not great. Papilledema but we'll know why after the MRI. I'm pissed, he's been here all day and nobody saw him until I raised hell.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
Heather Papps I saw a big horse statue near me at a feed store, and it had this outfit on which was all black with a skeleton painted on it, making the horse look like your av, and I thought of you

I didn't get a picture because I was driving and trying to obey safe phone habits in the car, but I saw that horse, I made the connection, thought "Heather Papps..." and then took the corner to go to the store

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mormon Nailer posted:

M is currently getting an MRI, it's not great. Papilledema but we'll know why after the MRI. I'm pissed, he's been here all day and nobody saw him until I raised hell.

I hope things start going better and they make a full recovery.

Farecoal

There he go
I don't know poo poo about cars but for some reason I really want a Mitsubishi Mirage. Just driving around a little cheap shitbox really appeals to me for some reason

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

I hope things start going better and they make a full recovery.

He should. I'm real fuckin mad, like Legendary Hamjobs Level of Mad, and it takes almost every boneless part of my body to get mad these days, so.

The skeleton remains enraged at all times, naturally.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Mormon Nailer posted:

drat I missed this when I posted before. I hope it's all good news. :sympathy:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Unmute this

https://streamable.com/l/nax9a3/mp4.mp4

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm sure I misheard but today at the store there was a guy who sounded like he was just saying "grundle" over and over.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Code Jockey posted:

Heather Papps I saw a big horse statue near me at a feed store, and it had this outfit on which was all black with a skeleton painted on it, making the horse look like your av, and I thought of you

I didn't get a picture because I was driving and trying to obey safe phone habits in the car, but I saw that horse, I made the connection, thought "Heather Papps..." and then took the corner to go to the store

this makes sense, to me. when i was gifted the album punisher during secret santa i had a weird response.

Zurtilik posted:

I'm sure I misheard but today at the store there was a guy who sounded like he was just saying "grundle" over and over.

sometimes when i'm in a bad mood i make cartoonish bad mood sounds, to make my mood better. it's possible this is what was happening. or he was very concerned with a perineum, which some people i am aware, call a grundle

Mormon Nailer posted:

i pity the folk around when you raise a lotta hell. godspeed to M

Heather Papps

hello friend

need a translator on this stat

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

this makes sense, to me. when i was gifted the album punisher during secret santa i had a weird response.

i'm not gonna lie that was a big part of the reason i sent it to you. that and it's a really good album

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

more falafel please posted:

i'm not gonna lie that was a big part of the reason i sent it to you. that and it's a really good album

it is! thank you. the wild hunt patch still isn't on anything but i plan to change that soon

Manifisto

Mormon Nailer posted:

so sorry to hear it, hope things improve quickly for him, and the hospital gets their heads out of their asses

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm going to commit a property crime if this poo poo doesn't get resolved.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Heather Papps posted:

need a translator on this stat

:byoscience:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Buying something today.

Cashier (in total hick voice): You look just like mah old History teacher.

Me (trying to be clever): Oh? How old was he?

Cashier: REAL old!

:bahgawd:

biosterous

this is good

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

pecan

bingu s

FaceStabber

can u taste the waste?
^^^^ this person made me stop lurking so hello, i play stupid browser games and EDIT: wait no this was meant to point at bios man i feel stupid

biosterous

FaceStabber posted:

^^^^ this person made me stop lurking so hello, i play stupid browser games and

:peanut:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FaceStabber posted:

^^^^ this person made me stop lurking so hello, i play stupid browser games and EDIT: wait no this was meant to point at bios man i feel stupid

Hello welcome chat?????? Do you like crimes and have done any tacos