Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
No need to investigate: it's her towel. :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for kicking my estranged brother out of my house?

quote:

My mom died 6 years ago and she left her estate to me, my sister and my brother. My sister was the executor of the estate and she stole a lot of money. My brother and I ended up with only $500 each and my sister took home something like $100,000.

My brother hired a lawyer to sort out the situation. He and my sister got in a big fight and he disowned her. He said that he couldn't deal with her anymore. He claimed that she abused him his whole life which is an exaggeration imo and this was the last straw for him.

I stayed out of it all because I didn't want any bad blood between me and my sister. My sister can be difficult but she's great with my children and she's a godsend when I need a babysitter. My children love her and I can't cut their auntie out of their lives. I hardly ever see my brother because he lives 5 hours away and he never comes around to see us. He used to come over once in a while but after he disowned my sister, he stopped coming around. My children don't know him.

Deep down I agree with my brother about the estate situation. My sister mismanaged the estate and stole a lot of money and my mom's valuables. It's not worth ending my relationship with my sister over, though. My brother feels differently and I respect that. My sister is heartbroken though. She misses our brother and she's very hurt that my brother disowned her.

My brother just won't quit though. His lawyer is still asking the estate lawyer for information regarding the estate. My sister doesn't have all the paperwork that his lawyer is asking for and she's very stressed out. I've had to listen to her complain about this for 3 years and counting. I want it to stop. I wish my brother would just take his $500 and move on like I did.

Last weekend my brother paid me an unexpected visit. He was in town and he wanted to stop by to "say hi" to me and my kids. I was busy but I let him in and offered him something to eat. Not even 10 minutes in he brought up my sister and the estate situation. He told me that he just found out that she forged papers to become the executor. Apparently my mom named someone else as the executor in her will and my sister forged that person's signature to sign the estate over to herself.

I sort of sighed and asked him to stop talking about it because I don't care about any of it. He became agitated and told me that I should care because she stole from me and my kids too. I said that I know but I made my peace with it and he should too. He raised his voice at me and told me that I was enabling my sister like the rest of the family and I should know better. My children were in the next room and they could hear everything so I told him to leave. He started crying on his way out of the door.

I feel awful but I just want our family to be like it used to be. I'm not going to have him disrespect me in my own home again but I'm afraid that I overreacted and I'll never see him again. AITA?

At least in this case it's only $100,000 instead of nearly $1,000,000!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Everyone post your favorite soda!

Champagne Kola. It tastes exactly like dubble bubble bubblegum but spicier. It's loving great. It's sometimes at Kroger or Publix in the international aisles. Or at Asian markets.

The only place I can order it with food is Merengue Café. They make some loving good chicken empanadas and house beans.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

OnlyBans posted:

No need to investigate: it's her towel. :toxx:

OP's boyfriend backpedaled in the comments:

poo poo towel posted:

She's misrepresenting, I don't hang it on the door knob we have a towel hanging rack that sits on top of the door where all the towels go. I use my towel every time..

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

$33,000 can buy a lot of baby sitter time.

Just sayin.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

This person takes "my sister forged documentation to become executor of my parent's estate and gave me $500 usd" like they eat clonazepam by the handful.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Invisible Clergy posted:

OP's boyfriend backpedaled in the comments:

Towel rack with all the other non poop-smell towels is somehow worse than the doorknob

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

This OP is bending over backwards so hard she should be working for Cirque de Soleil.

quote:

If she is so torn up why doesn't she return the money??

Because she doesn't have it anymore. She used the money to buy a house, pay off her bills and buy a car. She doesn't know how she's going to get the money to pay my brother. She can't afford a lawyer either.

quote:

So she stole 100k for selfish reasons but yet can't get a mortgage to pay back 1/3? Really?

You don't know her situation. My brother can do without the money. My sister can't. She needs it.

quote:

I said in my post that my sister has issues. She's somewhat ego centric and she can be really mean sometimes. She picked on my brother when we were kids because he's the youngest in the family and it was just normal sibling rivalry. My brother became "woke" after he moved away. He knows all the buzzwords like gaslighting, mental abuse, trauma and etc. Our childhood wasn't perfect but he was well taken care of. He told us that he has PTSD from my sister's "abuse" and honestly that sounds like a big exaggeration to me.

My sister knows how to hide her nasty side around my children. Me and my sister have our own issues with each other but we always act in the best interests of my children. They only know her as this awesome and fun auntie who always buys them exactly what they want for Christmas and their birthdays. Everything is nuanced. Nothing is black or white. My sister is a grey area. If I never had kids I probably wouldn't be talking to her. Having kids changes everything.

quote:

My kids already have a college fund lol. They'll be fine. ... She won't steal it. She knows that the money is for my kids and she isn't entitled too it.

quote:

I see your point. She's always complaining about this because she can't afford to pay my brother. She used the money to buy a car, pay off some bills and buy a house and she doesn't want to lose these things. If she loses these she'll be homeless. My brother doesn't have anything to lose. I know that my sister did a very wrong thing but I can't help but sympathize with her because it's very scary to lose your home and car at once. I was a little grumpy and overwhelmed when my brother came over so I was a little short with him and I know it was wrong. I'm just tired of him bringing this up when he could've just cut his losses and moved on. It's in the past and it's all done. The money is gone. There's not much he can do now.

quote:

I did not choose my sister. I stayed out of it and made it clear to both of them. I'm only closer to my sister because she lives near me and she's very involved in my kids' lives. My brother is in his own world. And I'm not enabling her. She's very torn up over this and I'm offering her support whenever she needs it. That's what siblings do.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This OP is bending over backwards so hard she should be working for Cirque de Soleil.

lol what a moron.

She deserves all of it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is... is this the thieving sister writing it and also why or how does her sister have access to her kids college fund???

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Barudak posted:

This person takes "my sister forged documentation to become executor of my parent's estate and gave me $500 usd" like they eat clonazepam by the handful.

Ain't nobody that mellow about so much cash. I wonder what undisclosed asset they got their mitts on without anyone noticing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I’d say it’s a terminal case of but family, only she clearly does not give a poo poo about her brother’s well-being.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Blastedhellscape posted:

Yeah, that jumped out at me. "We can never trust my parents again because they were both going to babysit my kids, but my father couldn't go so my cousin went in his place and...helped my mom babysit my kids." Like, so what?

It would make sense to get mad if the cousin was a dangerously irresponsible person who OP doesn't want near his kids, but if so that would have been a pretty important detail to put in the story.
It's probably because they hate his sister and that sort of get transferred to his sister's kids (the nephew). The nephew coming on the camping trip to help out gets twisted to "of course they had to invite the son of the golden child, wouldn't want to risk spending all that time and love on the lovely set of grandkids" and so on.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Xlorp posted:

Ain't nobody that mellow about so much cash. I wonder what undisclosed asset they got their mitts on without anyone noticing.

Either sibling would only get their chunk, which is guessed at 100k but could definitely be lower or higher, if they dropped five figures suing their sister into the ground. She'd lose a ton of money to her lawyer and have her assets liquidated at below market rate to pay them. OP decided her relationship with her sister is more important that a few thousand dollars she doesn't need and the brother just seems happier to see his sister punished than to get a few thousand dollars that he also doesn't need.

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 9, 2021

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Either sibling would only get their chunk, which is guessed at 100k but could definitely be lower or higher, if they dropped five figures suing their sister into the ground. She'd lose a ton of money to her lawyer and have her assets liquidated at below market rate to pay them. OP decided her relationship with her sister is more important that a few thousand dollars she doesn't need and the brother just seems happier to see his sister punished than to get a few thousand dollars that he also doesn't need.

It appears the felony fraud apologist has logged on.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

quote:

She used the money to buy a car, pay off some bills and buy a house and she doesn't want to lose these things. If she loses these she'll be homeless. My brother doesn't have anything to lose

jesus is the implication that her brother is homeless and mentally ill because of her sister?? and she's like "yeah thats fine"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mx. posted:

jesus is the implication that her brother is homeless and mentally ill because of her sister?? and she's like "yeah thats fine"

Yeah, sounds like abusive sister really did a number on both her siblings.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My neighbors want to build a sex trafficking rehab “under the radar”

quote:

They are working with a charity. But they won’t really answer questions because I’ve run into either “how could you question this, don’t you want to save victims” or super idealistic people at the charity who don’t have a clue.

this is a rural area.
the town has a population of > 600 so emergency services are less available
I want to know is there a permitting process or something they need to clear with the county/ town that they are attempting to avoid?

I am worried about the strain this could place on the limited emergency services available.

I am worried that the lady putting this in is super naive about rural life. She seems to think that country living is a cure all. I used to work as a 911 dispatcher - I am very aware how easy it would be for these girls to disappear into the surrounding National Forest if they were intent on self harm. I’ve had those calls. And these women are at a higher risk for suicide.

I also do believe they are above aboard/ actually want to help.

Can I write a letter to anyone? Is there a legal recourse? Do county or town need to be informed of the exact nature of what the purpose is the y are building for?

And finally- does the surrounding neighbors need to be informed and/or will they be at risk for anything?

I’m generally a live and live person but these is really bothering me. If it’s legal I’ll leave it alone.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
Yeah she's got some pretty deep brain worms.

"My sister fully admits to absolutely loving me and my brother over expressly against the wishes of our dead mother, but she would never possibly steal from my children because they are... family, like all the other people she steals from."

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA I am turning my kids into picky eaters

quote:

I and my wife have 2 kids aged 10F and 8F.

My older daughter is in gymnastics and my younger daughter does ballet. As they have a lot of physical activity, they get ravenous when they're done with practice.

However, they usually have school immediately after practice so I and my wife alternate between packing food for them. We usually pack a lunch, and a breakfast for right after the practice. Thankfully my kids aren't picky eaters so it's easy to cook for them.

My wife usually packs sandwiches and a juice box, or reheated frozen pizza for them which usually doesn't sustain them enough.

I pack curries, rice, salads, eggs, homemade smoothies etc. All the stuff that keeps them full for longer.

Yesterday, my kids told us at dinner that they like the food I pack for them a lot and that they want me to pack food for them everyday since mom's food isn't filling. They said that they feel hungry before the second hour and the lunch break starts only after the 4th hour. They don't like eating at the canteen since the food there is literal crap and it doesn't sustain them either.

When the kids went to bed, my wife got mad at me saying that the kids are becoming picky eaters thanks to me and my time-consuming meals.

AITA?

Edit: I usually pack scrambled eggs/boiled egg/loaded omelette, a smoothie, rice, sauteed veggies for breakfast.

For lunch, I pack leftover curry from the night before, rice, a meat dish, sauteed veggies, boiled egg, and a chocolate.

For snacks, I give them trail mix, veggies and hummus, etc.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

I realised recently that there are two dimensions to picky eating. My in-laws described themselves as “not fussy eaters” which made my jaw drop, until I realised they meant that they will eat the same low quality food, day in day out.

To them, we children are fussy eaters because we want to eat different foods all the time, and might complain if the quality is poor.

Seems like this lunch wife is in the former category. Or is feeling called out about her laziness.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mx. posted:

Nah, her other reply said her brother doesn't need the money. "Nothing to lose" means he wouldn't stand to lose anything but lawyer fees in a trial.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It appears the felony fraud apologist has logged on.

It's only a felony in the eyes of the law. It's not a life-changing amount of money for the op nor the brother. "All my kids get equal amounts" sounds great on paper, but one of those woman's kids had a bunch of debt, a rented apartment, and a lovely car, while the other ones have college funds and enough money to readily hire a lawyer.

Either way, while the sister may apparently deserve destitution and maybe jail time for stealing, her kid certainly didn't do anything wrong.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, they’re not even complaining about the quality of the food. She could rather easily address the issue by packing larger lunches.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

They're probably the saddest sandwiches. Like just meat cheese and maybe mayo on white bread.
And there is no way there's enough pizza when that's the option either, this kind of parent puts in like 2 slices, which is a fine snack, but not enough for someone to live off of for a full day including an hour or two of intense physical activity for their practices (plus they probably have PE too).

100% the mom is lazy and not liking being called out about it. It's picky eating, not because the kids are actually being picky, but because they don't want what mom is offering (because it's bad).

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
From the last thread, but there's an update!

Evil Willow posted:

I (22M) got my girlfriends (21F) mom (42F) pregnant and she won't get an abortion.

UPDATE: I (22M) got my girlfriends (21F) mom (42F) pregnant and she won't get an abortion.

quote:

I wasn't going to do an update do to all the backlash of hate I got both on my post and even worse in my inbox on top of people just calling my problem fake but there were people who gave good advice and really helped me during a hard time so this update is for them.

The advice I got to back off regarding the baby situation worked itself out really well. My girlfriends mom moved back in with her dad for about a month but ended up leaving again because she had a miscarriage and her dad was really upset about it. According to my girlfriend her mom was still drinking/smoking throughout it and her dad was constantly fighting with her about stopping for the baby and when it passed away he blamed her (which isn't fair because it's not his body or place to judge what she does with it) and was really devastated at the loss and isn't doing to well mentally right now but I think he'll get better soon, my girlfriend has been visiting him a lot and comforting him.

My girlfriend thinks her mom made up the pregnancy to get back with her dad because she's known to be dramatic but I don't think it makes sense because why would she tell me I got her pregnant? She wanted to move back in with us but my girlfriend and I put our foot down and said she couldn't. Her moms still upset with her for not letting her stay but she's staying at a friend's house now so it worked out.

I took advice I got in the thread and talked to my girlfriend about going to therapy and she was really supportive about it. We've gone to 4 or 5 sessions now and I can't believe how much it's made our lives better. I was able to hear her explain what she's currently going through with her depression and see how much her family life has affected her. We also all agreed that I was way overwhelmed as well dealing with her depression, the pandemic, and my college courses on top of her moms drama she brought to our house and that because of it I've become distant too and not supportive of my girlfriend anymore which only worsens her depression. We decided that I needed to start taking more time for myself and doing things that make me happy again and my girlfriend agreed to letting me have more free space and to try to give me more attention and affection when needed and that I would do the same for her.

We've both decided to take a semester off our schooling and take the pressure off our shoulders for a little while which I'm really excited about. A couple of guys and I were thinking about doing a hiking trip for a couple of weeks and she wants to do some art thing so we'll see what the future holds.

Thank you to everyone who actually tried to help and didn't just see me as a devil but a good person who did a bad thing who's just trying to figure his life out. I appreciate the support.

Edit: No I didnt tell her about her mother and I because that is in the past and it's a situation that will only hurt her more than help heal us. Somethings are better left unsaid.

Edit: can the negative people stop replying now? I was hoping to hear from the people who had helpful progressive advice.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Evil Willow posted:

AITA I am turning my kids into picky eaters

Man if they're feeding kids literal crap in the cafeteria you should probably just pull them out of that school entirely

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’d say it’s a terminal case of but family, only she clearly does not give a poo poo about her brother’s well-being.

But you see, it's not fair. Her sister could lose the house she bought*. Her brother has nothing to lose**.

* with stolen money

** because he doesn't have a house because sister stole his inheritance.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

Just quoting this, no reason.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's pretty magical

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
r/relationships: It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

AITA for throwing trash in the neighbours bin?

quote:

Hi guys,

Please hear me out, as I just got chewed out by my next door neighbour for throwing trash in their bin.

Our bin was full, and we had 2 bags (not huge bags, just small paper grocery bags) worth of recyclables that were compressed and organised with just recyclable material. I had put the rubbish in late at night and had assumed that their bin was as full as it was going to get, as it was already on the nature strip. I did not fully pack the bin, and there was still space left in the bin. Nothing smelly/leaky either.

I had come home, and the neighbour was waiting outside - as I walked to the mailbox he sharply asked if I had put rubbish in his bin, to which I answered honestly — yes, I had. Needless to say, I got fairly chewed out for that, and saying that the rubbish was unorganised — which it was not, so I assume another neighbour potentially put things in his bin in the morning?

Anyway, I apologised to him and said that it wouldn’t happen again. Which it won’t - it was just an unfortunate situation where I had a little too much clutter that wouldn’t fit in my bin. AITA for putting rubbish in his bin on bin day? I feel like if tables were turned I’d be okay with it as long as there was space, and it wasn’t overfilled.

Thanks

Putting trash in a neighbor's trashcan is I think the highest risk for the lowest reward. Suburban zombies are nuts about their loving trash cans. Put your trash in your own trash can. If it's 100% full and it's nothing time sensitive like shrimp or dogshit, just let it sit in your garage or laundry room til garbage day next week. .

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Nah, her other reply said her brother doesn't need the money. "Nothing to lose" means he wouldn't stand to lose anything but lawyer fees in a trial.

It's only a felony in the eyes of the law. It's not a life-changing amount of money for the op nor the brother. "All my kids get equal amounts" sounds great on paper, but one of those woman's kids had a bunch of debt, a rented apartment, and a lovely car, while the other ones have college funds and enough money to readily hire a lawyer.

Either way, while the sister may apparently deserve destitution and maybe jail time for stealing, her kid certainly didn't do anything wrong.

Hmm yes, the only moral crime is my crime.

She treated her brother like poo poo for his childhood and because of that he should just let her get away with fraud because gently caress him she has debts.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

It's only a felony in the eyes of the law.

It's only a crime because...it's a crime? :shobon: I can't blame the brother for wanting to punish her, if that's what he's even doing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

?

Sister doesn't have any kids. She's fun auntie who buys OP's kids "exactly what they want for Christmas and their birthdays" but mysteriously doesn't have any money to pay back what she stole.

ETA and "knows how to hide her nasty side around my children". I'm not so convinced of that considering how OP minimises what she did to their brother. Sounds like OP wants to stay on the sister's side pissing out rather than risking what might happen if she starts pissing in...

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 9, 2021

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It must be really nice to be as laid-back and/or spineless as some of these people.

There's nothing to be done. That's life.

...and I just realized that's my mom. So meek she wouldn't raise her hand when it was time to inherit the earth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I mean flyingexecutive is correct in that it’s a felony in the eyes of the law. So why not file a police report and have her charged with a felony if the civil suit won’t get him the money anyway? Perhaps she and her lawyer would agree to a plea deal wherein thief sister sells all her assets to pay restitution, then her house wouldn’t be repossessed and sold below market rate.

Or just refuse any pleas and continue with the civil suit. After all, she doesn’t need that house or car if she’s in prison :taps head knowingly:

E:

Invisible Clergy posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

killerwhat posted:

I realised recently that there are two dimensions to picky eating. My in-laws described themselves as “not fussy eaters” which made my jaw drop, until I realised they meant that they will eat the same low quality food, day in day out.

To them, we children are fussy eaters because we want to eat different foods all the time, and might complain if the quality is poor.

Seems like this lunch wife is in the former category. Or is feeling called out about her laziness.

Kinda surprised to hear that definition, but sadly makes sense. And comes to mind that I think a lot of picky eating habits come from kids whose parents are legitimately terrible cooks, which is pretty common for a certain generation or two, and things like fast food takeout are the only reliably tasty food they're used to getting. And parents get sick of the complaining and just take the path of least resistance, or just find the kids are too old to berate them into choking down the boiled mush anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my son the truth that the reason I had zero contact with him while he grew up is because I hate kids?

quote:

I won't beat around the bush. I hate kids. Hate is literally the smallest word I could use to describe my feelings for kids. Kids, in my definition, ends roughly at 25. Growing up, I had a lot of anger management issues because of kids. I was expelled, repeatedly, for how I coped with it until I was home schooled. When I turned 19, I got a job in a mine way up north so I wouldn't have to even see kids. To be more blunt, if I found a genies lamp, my very first wish would be to get rid of kids in their entirety. My second wish would be to have all humans come into this world as adults. I. Hate. Kids. I feel anger just thinking about them. I literally lived very far removed from society just to avoid them. Most of you will likely call me TA for that alone, but I'm not here for that.

27 years ago I met a Candice, a woman I was hoping to marry. When she told me she was pregnant, I made it clear I had no interest in being a father. She wanted to keep the child. It ended with my forfeiting all rights. I made it clear I had no interest in having a relationship, and would actively ignore any attempt of their reaching out to me.

Many times did my son try to reach out to me, and I won't pretend. It angered me. My anger is perfectly rational in my own mind, but I respect that others won't feel that way.

A month ago, he reached out to me again, and this time I responded. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about in regards to having a relationship, but now that he's an adult, I was ready to be honest with him. He predictably asked me why I was never in his life, so I just told him the truth. I hate kids. Cannot stand them. That I would have been a worse father for how much hatred I have towards kids. Even I have the sense to acknowledge that I would be toxic. He said he understood, but now I'm getting calls and online messages from his mother and all sorts of people calling me a stain on humanity, among other things.

I just want to know, AITA for levelling with him? I don't think I am, because he asked for the truth. But with all these messages, I'm really starting to wonder.

To be clear, I'm not asking AITA for refusing to have a relationship with him. I'm asking AITA for being honest about why.

Edit 1: To people who keep asking, I have gotten a vasectomy. I got one the same week she told me she was pregnant. I hadn't done so prior because 27 years ago, where I lived, it wasn't so simple a procedure to arrange to have.