Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

wait are you saying those byob shaped brownies I just ate like 25 of for breakfast were all edibles??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukes Mayo Clinic
The sun has risen… and will set in about nine hours.

Time to bask like a lizard in the SAD lamp and eat brownies.

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm kinda afraid of how hosed up i'm gonna get from infused condiments. I dump loads of mustard on/in pretty much everything. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'll sleep really well every night when I go visit my brother in his legal state. Ha, I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it, but the idea of infused super spicy hot sauce just came to my thoughts and I wanna find out if the heat can be overpowered by the chill.

Boba Pearl posted:

idr, but i will tell everyone to get a dynavap, and then an induction heater so it doesn't look like a crack pipe when you hit it in public.

My brother showed me his dab rig and I was way hosed up by how it looked. He got used to it but used to see poo poo in smoke shops that really hosed him up. Everything looks like a meth smoking device when you grow up in the midwest.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Maybe I should get a SAD lamp.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hello

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gouda manchego

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Gramps

I'm on day 8 of SSRIs and I've gotten a ton of poo poo done I'd been putting off forever, my house is clean, my wife is the most radiant gorgeous creature I've ever seen (probably cause she's stoked to not have a loving Eeyore dragging her down anymore) and everything is generally awesome (state of the world at large notwithstanding). If it weren't for talking about mental health with friends on the internet I probably never would have gotten help, so thanks sadbrain friends. I love you all

Zurtilik

:unsmith:

Stoner Sloth

Gramps posted:

I'm on day 8 of SSRIs and I've gotten a ton of poo poo done I'd been putting off forever, my house is clean, my wife is the most radiant gorgeous creature I've ever seen (probably cause she's stoked to not have a loving Eeyore dragging her down anymore) and everything is generally awesome (state of the world at large notwithstanding). If it weren't for talking about mental health with friends on the internet I probably never would have gotten help, so thanks sadbrain friends. I love you all

:peanut: really glad for you friend

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Getting medication and then taking it consistently once I found out what works for me is the most radical act of self love I've ever committed. Thank you for helping yourself, Gramps, we love you.

Zurtilik

SSRIs never worked but SNRIs have done a better job. I should get back on my ADHD meds though, I forget everything. Stupid brain...

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gramps posted:

I have a little Eeyore that's sat on my desks for(I can't honestly remember, pretty much as far back as I can think) years. I've always hated WtP, but Eeyore has always made sense to me. My thing just reminds me not to let myself sink too deep into poo poo and sit around feeling bad(hasn't always worked).

Very happy for you. It's hard to see, sometimes, that life is pretty great.
I'm glad you dug yourself up to feeling better.

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I take a weird mix of meds every day. My count is 39 pills over breakfast/lunch/dinner/bedtime. A lot of those are basic vitamins because my body has a hard time absorbing nutrients because of a disorder caused by another disorder. I take medication to elevate and steady my blood pressure because sometimes sitting up or standing will cause me to pass out. I had to switch one brain med because it interacts poorly with a medication that makes my heart beat correctly.

Being in a human body is kind of a lot sometimes. I'm not terribly fond of it anymore.

cruft

I had to watch this several times, zooming into sections. I think the umbrella hits a power transmission line, which instantly vaporizes it.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

The ice and my big watercooling thing helps, but I still have to watch my vape settings because too hot still hurts. Smoking I can do like once in a while but usually no way

have you tried a dry herb vape? Lord I love mine it is so much better in every way to me than smoking except (as pnac is no doubt preparing a reply about) burning == more "bang for your buck"

i like smoking cause it's simple and cheap and "cool". you can do it good and savor some flavor or do it bad and burn your throat. it's a thing you have to do instead of push button/get higher or eat cookie/take ride. think of the backend...lithium batteries and refined plastics vs blown glass, solvent washes and additives vs a grown and cured plant

i don't like fed meds cause of who researches/manufactures/distributes them but i try to be happy for anyone who can find some joy these days wherever they find it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Gramps posted:

nice

cruft

cruft posted:

I had to watch this several times, zooming into sections. I think the umbrella hits a power transmission line, which instantly vaporizes it.

A friend pointed out it's CGI. So, there's that.

cruft

Finally got the message saying I could leave the waiting area. My family was getting tired of bringing me meals and clean clothes.

biosterous

Gramps posted:

:peanut:

i'm really happy for you gramps!!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

The only stupid post is the one which does not get made.

You lose 420% of the posts you don't make.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cruft posted:

Finally got the message saying I could leave the waiting area. My family was getting tired of bringing me meals and clean clothes.

That is one hell of a 15 minute wait. Glad you are free once more.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

A friend pointed out it's CGI. So, there's that.

The umbrella looks like it could be CGI, but the transformer explosion and smoke look real enough.
(plus, check the reaction of the dude in the orange shirt at the bottom of the screen)

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gang, I been loving around with neuralblender where you give it a few search terms and after a few iterations it'll give you a rough approximation of what the algorithm thinks those terms look like.

Here's a couple my sister did:

Lacking better inspiration, I tried a song title:

And an attempt at an aphorism:

At that point we both realized the potential for this to shitposting into an artform:

Zurtilik

Machines have come too far!

Turn it all off.

Gramps

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Gang, I been loving around with neuralblender where you give it a few search terms and after a few iterations it'll give you a rough approximation of what the algorithm thinks those terms look like.

Here's a couple my sister did:

Lacking better inspiration, I tried a song title:

And an attempt at an aphorism:

At that point we both realized the potential for this to shitposting into an artform:

All of this kind of stuff makes my brain extremely itchy and I can't look at it for very long

Gramps

Also this is doublepost worthy-

Thank you all for the supportive posts re:brain drugs. Hopefully some other fellow sadbrains will see it and maybe they'll go buy some neurotransmitters too cause man I want everyone to feel this good now

Zurtilik

Gramps posted:

All of this kind of stuff makes my brain extremely itchy and I can't look at it for very long

Machine made horrors beyond your comprehension!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fwiw, it can get into some really abstract expressions-- didn't understand how neuralblender worked and unwittingly made a triptych:

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
the reason i am less than supportive about brain drugs is that i genuinely hope i will influence someone else to avoid them. this system is sick, not us, and it is incredibly important that we treat the causes and not just our symptoms

----------------

biosterous

pnac attack posted:

the reason i am less than supportive about brain drugs is that i genuinely hope i will influence someone else to avoid them. this system is sick, not us, and it is incredibly important that we treat the causes and not just our symptoms

if we treat us, though, we become functional enough to actually start doing something about the system

can't change poo poo about the world if i'm unable to get off the couch or do anything at all :buddy:

(also in addition to the system being sick i am also sick in that my brain does not create the right chemicals, so)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Gramps

pnac attack posted:

The system is hosed I do agree, but to be fair, some of us ARE sick. I have a drat near perfect life, good friends, great family, and a relatively trauma free upbringing, but I have a mental illness that turns me into a useless sack of poo poo about 90 percent of the time. I agree that a lot of doctors use it as a first line of defense, but for me it was an absolute last resort that I've actively avoided for 25 years, mostly because you and I have extremely similar ideologies from what I've seen you post. FOR ME, that was a colossal mistake and my overall quality of life and my relationship with my spouse needlessly suffered for a very long time. What works for some does not work for everyone.

The correct answer is "take care of your mental health, and do absolutely anything and everything you need to in order to make yourself okay, and that is going to be different for everyone. Might be exercise or eating less garbage or touching less computers. It might be drugs. Figure it out and don't stop working on it until you do."

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

biosterous posted:

if we treat us, though, we become functional enough to actually start doing something about the system

can't change poo poo about the world if i'm unable to get off the couch or do anything at all :buddy:

(also in addition to the system being sick i am also sick in that my brain does not create the right chemicals, so)

i wouldn't trust an antidote from the people who are poisoning us

----------------

Gramps

pnac attack posted:

Bro I don't loving trust those motherfuckers either, but it's either this or paint the ceiling with a shotgun. I've done everything else- I'm loving 40 and this poo poo has hosed my life up since I was about 14. This finally loving works for me, and I wish I had done it sooner cause holy poo poo I cheated myself and my loved ones out of a lot of good time

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

pnac attack posted:

Don't do this here. You know better.

kalel

Does anybody drink kefir? My friends have been talking about it saying it's good for the digestive system but I'm wary that it's some cure-all-du-jour. It looks and tastes like liquid Greek yogurt

Escape From Noise

kalel posted:

Does anybody drink kefir? My friends have been talking about it saying it's good for the digestive system but I'm wary that it's some cure-all-du-jour. It looks and tastes like liquid Greek yogurt

I like it. Like, the taste and all. I grew up with it though. I'm don't really buy into the whole gut bacteria is the cure for everything, but I find it enjoyable. Have you ever had the Turkish drink ayran? It's like a salty/savory lassi.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Gramps posted:

Bro I don't loving trust those motherfuckers either, but it's either this or paint the ceiling with a shotgun. I've done everything else- I'm loving 40 and this poo poo has hosed my life up since I was about 14. This finally loving works for me, and I wish I had done it sooner cause holy poo poo I cheated myself and my loved ones out of a lot of good time

i haven't made it that far yet, not here to judge. not really on track to make it there either with the whole 100% refusal to compromise thing

Mormon Nailer posted:

Don't do this here. You know better.

someone had to

----------------

Gramps

pnac attack posted:

i haven't made it that far yet, not here to judge. not really on track to make it there either with the whole 100% refusal to compromise thing

someone had to

I get where you're coming from, even if it's a bit unchill.

I would not wish the kind of depression I've had on my worst enemy, and I would hand over all my worldly possessions over to said enemy and blow em for a month if they had a cure for what I've dealt with. That's basically where I'm at. This felt like a deal with the devil, but gently caress, it's working. I really hope if you're ever in the kind of state that I've been in that you don't let your ideas about modern medicine and big pharma prevent you from getting potentially life saving help. Your beliefs aren't worth it.

Sorry if this is too much of a seriouspost for the chill zone. Had to.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
kefir is good but not a miracle cure, kombucha is cheaper/tastier imo. gut bacteria are real/important, #1 is quit killing em off with weird preservatives and #2 is eat pretty much anything fermented

lots of stuff is good. weed stuff good, ai stuff sad good, good morning's good, good stuff. congrats to everyone appreciating anything however they got there

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Gramps posted:

I get where you're coming from, even if it's a bit unchill.

I would not wish the kind of depression I've had on my worst enemy, and I would hand over all my worldly possessions over to said enemy and blow em for a month if they had a cure for what I've dealt with. That's basically where I'm at. This felt like a deal with the devil, but gently caress, it's working. I really hope if you're ever in the kind of state that I've been in that you don't let your ideas about modern medicine and big pharma prevent you from getting potentially life saving help. Your beliefs aren't worth it.

Sorry if this is too much of a seriouspost for the chill zone. Had to.

you have no idea what kind of state i'm in, or what my beliefs are worth to me, and i'm not willing to get into a pissing contest over either of those things. this post is why we're not supposed to get political here

----------------