Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
they have 36 men and 12 women wrestlers "on Raw". they have to fill 180 minutes of wrestling every week. a bit less than 4 minutes per person, every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
But remember, they have to share their time or we’re going to Vinces same day open mic.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh hey Liv finally gets a chance to lose t in a title match how exciting.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

X JAKK posted:

Shawn Michaels did a trans angle in Smackdown vs Raw 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdmcGIedXo

Tried the 2k originals showcases in 2k20 since the whole deluxe edition was 5 bucks, they make the video above look like loving Lord of the Rings.

Yeah. Also this was more than a decade ago so I could be mistaken but I believe this was the brief window where they had stories with voices but also multiple possible protagonists, so it wasn't just Shawn who this could happen to. I particularly remember a Gamespot preview having Kurt Angle in the majicked spot.

Then the Undertaker shoot got miffed he wasn't being treated special enough and they switched to individualized stories and then to one overarching narrative. If you want to sample the best possible experience from the era find Christian's Road to Wrestlemania from I think 2010.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Nov 9, 2021

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pamela Springstein posted:

they have 36 men and 12 women wrestlers "on Raw". they have to fill 180 minutes of wrestling every week. a bit less than 4 minutes per person, every week.

Someone should break down just how little of the roster they use weekly on both RAW and Smackdown.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oddly enough RAW has lately had more wrestling/hour than Dynamite.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

wwe not paying Keith Lee's heart issue bills is...whew boy. Didn't he maybe have them as a result of covid that he caught working wwe? Holy gently caress man. Jesus.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s no way to prove where you got Covid, we just got an email from our company about it saying “you can’t sue us if you come back in and get Covid”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

graph posted:

this already happened

Exsqueeze me?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Fish Of Doom posted:

3 hours is a long time to fill when you only have like 10 guys on the show.

Nick Khan's dream of Raw being the same two guys hurriedly changing into different outfits grows closer and closer to reality.

poo poo, if they just had Big E do a one-man show some week I might actually watch that.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

wwe not paying Keith Lee's heart issue bills is...whew boy. Didn't he maybe have them as a result of covid that he caught working wwe? Holy gently caress man. Jesus.

The top replies to his tweet about it were like "Well, technically WWE did pay because they're signing your checks" and "Don't be so bitter" lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stolen from DVDVR, someone taped Cesaro vs Walter from the WWE house show in Leeds

https://youtu.be/2XwhoieTkgk

Probably best to watch it before it vanishes.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

it seems like owens is getting the going to aew sendoff by being booked like a loser dork until he leaves. although i guess thats just everyones booking now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kinda sounds like he's getting the "everyone who isn't roman" normal wwe booking to me

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Stolen from DVDVR, someone taped Cesaro vs Walter from the WWE house show in Leeds

That someone being Kevin Dunn I assume

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

you could play this on repeat 12 times on Monday night and it would be the best ep of Raw in 20+ years

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If we're still talking about the moment when we made a break with WWE, my half-moment was Mania 34 having wasting so much potential and then the company obviously having no long-term plans beyond "get money from KSA," and then the second half-moment was the Kofi squash. That first SD on FOX was my last, and by then I had already checked out of RAW.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I quit watching in 2010-11ish due to heel Cole, guest hosts, and the move to 3 hours. Came back in 2014 for Danielson’s world title pushed but jumped off again once it was clear they still weren’t going to treat him like the top star in the company. I’d usually get the network from January to April after that and catch up on any big matches but quit in 2018 after the first Saudi show.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1458083079382347786

they really just aren't there for the wrestling, huh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flatluigi posted:

Not unless it's the brand delivering the rolling german suplex

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that really good eddie kingston article has a line in it about how the important thing, even when wrestling in tiny bingo halls, was knowing that SOMEONE out there really connects with what you're doing in the ring + it makes me all the more sad to see the people stuck in wwe and getting nothing from the crowds

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ASenileAnimal posted:

it seems like owens is getting the going to aew sendoff by being booked like a loser dork until he leaves. although i guess thats just everyones booking now.
It will be all worth it when he reunites with Cole and the Bucks at Revolution

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lid posted:

they still have over 200 people under roster

I thought it was under that, but nope... 206.

35 - Raw Men
12 - Raw Women

30 - SD Men
10 - SD Women

42 - NXT Men
21 - NXT Women

42 - NXT UK Men
12 - NXT UK Women

5 - 205 Live
7 - Free Agents w/ no brand (Asuka, Bayley, Elias, Goldberg, John Cena, Lacey Evans, Shane Thorn)

It's no surprise that the shows are so dull when you look at those numbers. Like if you take Raw and break down the divisions, since they rarely compete outside of their group.

WWE Championship
-Big E
-Bobby Lashley w/ MVP
-Edge
-Fin Balor
-Kevin Owens
-Seth Rollins

Tag
-Styles/Omos
-Dawkins/Ford
-Orton/Riddle
-Ziggler/Roode
-Otis/Gable
-Rey/Dominick
-Alexander/Benjamin

24/7
-Akira Tozawa
-Reggie
-R-Truth
-Drake Maverick

US Title
-Apollo Crews w/ Azeez
-Austin Theory
-Damien Priest
-The Miz
-John Morrison

Lower Card:
-Jaxson Ryker
-T-Bar

Unknown:
-Gabel Steveson
-Veer Mahaan

I guess you can take people out of the Tag Division and slot them elsewhere (Ray, Orton, AJ, Riddle, etc), but everything looks so dire when you look at the main even scene and see that it's 6 people with 1 potentially leaving soon and another is a part timer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ivypls posted:

is kevin owens' character just "dipshit" or something
Humiliating him on his way out the door obvs

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Endless Mike posted:

I mean going by that logic they're pushing everyone on the roster out the door at this point

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kennel posted:

Oddly enough RAW has lately had more wrestling/hour than Dynamite.

i blame jericho and punk

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

I mean going by that logic they're pushing everyone on the roster out the door at this point

All evidence points in that direction.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Even with all of the cuts, zooms and shakes WWE managed to get one perfect shot.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

More loving ninjas?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

As if this loving company can't find a new low to plummet to, it turns out that they tried to sabotage Chelsea Green's career after they'd already fired her.

For anyone still giving this band of venal shits money, or still watching the diarrhoea they spray everywhere that they call "programming" with their buddy Mark: why?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

stockholm syndrome

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endless Mike posted:

So he has spent the last few years going through that door or what?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

edogawa rando posted:

For anyone still giving this band of venal shits money, or still watching the diarrhoea they spray everywhere that they call "programming" with their buddy Mark: why?

They are stupid. Plenty of that still in the world

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

edogawa rando posted:

As if this loving company can't find a new low to plummet to, it turns out that they tried to sabotage Chelsea Green's career after they'd already fired her.

- they said don’t hire Chelsea
- RoH hired Chelsea
- RoH essentially ceases by years end

Thanks for trying to save RoH Hunter! Too bad they didn’t listen to you.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Did anyone listen to the earnings call the other day and catch that line from Nick Khan that was something like 'good content means good profits, mediocre content...still means profits'? I thought it was hilariously self-aware and haven't been able to stop thinking about it ever since.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/damonkempwwe/status/1458144522676940804?s=20

Damon Kemp

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

flatluigi posted:

WWE must be happy they have finally weeded out actual wrestling fans from their live audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"The name is DAMON KEMP" - Bobby Steveson (@damonkempwwe)