Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

https://thunderful.world/
Steamworld dig for free in exchange for your email on a the devs mailing list.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
my email? i cannot afford that cost

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Try one of those temporary email services.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Crap, i'd take it on Switch, but likely never play it on PC.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Thanks, I always wanted this game back in 1999, maybe I'll give it a go now (or probably just add it to the pile, who am I kidding)

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

OgNar posted:

Crap, i'd take it on Switch, but likely never play it on PC.

It's not free, but it's a steal for $2.50 on sale (and 2 is $8).

Stickman fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 9, 2021

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy https://register.ubisoft.com/ac-chronicles/en-GB is free on uplay (ubisoft)

and it only qualifies on a technicality, but the best deal in PC gaming is back yet again, 3 months of Xbox Gamepass PC for 1$ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join. You can get a 4th month for a dollar if you're eligible for the xbox ultimate 1$ trial (but don't waste the ultimate 1$ trial if you're planning on doing an xbox gold conversion).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Baby Proof posted:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy https://register.ubisoft.com/ac-chronicles/en-GB is free on uplay (ubisoft)

and it only qualifies on a technicality, but the best deal in PC gaming is back yet again, 3 months of Xbox Gamepass PC for 1$ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join. You can get a 4th month for a dollar if you're eligible for the xbox ultimate 1$ trial (but don't waste the ultimate 1$ trial if you're planning on doing an xbox gold conversion).

You can use a burner email and just make accounts there's nothing stopping you from eternally getting it for $1

A friend of mine refused to sub to gamepass because "sure it's a dollar but when I forget to cancel it it'll be hundreds" so I made him an account and paid the dollar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1458107344580083712?s=20

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Why would I pay a monthly subscription for thousands of games just to not play any of them and have them go poof when I unsubscribe?
Much rather buy individual games to not-play one at a time so I can permanently own them, fit them into my hoard, and curl up to sleep on top of a pile of them.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

That's actually kind of cool to release DLC as a standalone thing like that. Gotta guess its to help promote the new game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Why would I pay a monthly subscription for thousands of games just to not play any of them and have them go poof when I unsubscribe?
Much rather buy individual games to not-play one at a time so I can permanently own them, fit them into my hoard, and curl up to sleep on top of a pile of them.

Yeah, I think that’s the problem here. When I use Game Pass, I actually use it to play games. Nothing with multiplayer, no lengthy RPGs, no endless 4X games. Mostly short indie games and shooters with a singleplayer campaign. Stuff I’m done with when the credits start rolling, so it doesn’t matter when they go poof.

I save the hoarding and not-playing for Epic and GOG! :smug:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, that Dragon's Age Inquisition is pretty good so far. I played the previous Dragon Age games but thought they were a bit middling with some weird world building choices, but this one seems... fun? I've played it for 7 hours just in one map. The game seems huge, but maybe the other maps are smaller. Free games y'all!

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Don't spend too long in the Hinterlands, or you'll get burned out. Trust me, move on. You'll return to it plenty more later on, if you've any interest in side quests

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
The main problem of Inquisition was its inability to explain to the player that 80% of quests are actually tinekiller grind directives. Don't expect that killing goats for refugees will open sone interesting story or affect future events. It's just a way to get some numbers go up.

But yeah, it's a fine game and it's surprisibgly old-school for BioWare.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

ilitarist posted:

The main problem of Inquisition was its inability to explain to the player that 80% of quests are actually tinekiller grind directives. Don't expect that killing goats for refugees will open sone interesting story or affect future events. It's just a way to get some numbers go up.

But yeah, it's a fine game and it's surprisibgly old-school for BioWare.

I enjoyed a great deal of the conversations and story moments (hello, Iron Bull romance), but if I played it again, I'd ignore so, so many grindy sidequests

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Hey, that Dragon's Age Inquisition is pretty good so far. I played the previous Dragon Age games but thought they were a bit middling with some weird world building choices, but this one seems... fun? I've played it for 7 hours just in one map. The game seems huge, but maybe the other maps are smaller. Free games y'all!
Where is this free?

Edit: oh, Amazon Prime Twitch.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Free poo poo on Steam:
Beholder 1
KEO

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Baby Proof posted:

This shows as free, but I get nothing but error messages when I try to claim it.
On the website at the moment so might be better in app?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Baby Proof posted:

How long does this deal last? Should I snag it now? I'm just playing some other games right now.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just checked U-Play, or whatever they call it now, for the first time in a long time and I had forgotten that I had Watch Dogs 2.

I am very tempted to try XBox game pass, largely because I have not owned any MS console since the original X. Does anyone have a link to an accurate list of the games available on PC? I've tried to look and they seem oddly evasive about that.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This list looks current: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games

Also if you have the Xbox app on your PC (and if you don't please tell me your secret because I couldn't get rid of the drat thing) you can view and download the game pass games from in there

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Bioshuffle posted:

How long does this deal last? Should I snag it now? I'm just playing some other games right now.

It says November 9th at 04:00 to November 12th at 05:00 EST

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If you sign up for Gamepass PC, you'll be downloading and installing games through the Windows Store, which is the same system that caused all the trouble with the initial western launch of Phantasy Star Online 2, and really never got any better.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the xbox app that they've introduced relatively recently is not the same app as the windows store one and I've had zero issues even playing games on launch day

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The new app still installs exactly the same way because they're all appx packages, it's just gotten better and in PSO2's case it was extra dogshit because the client needed to update itself outside of the store and that cause problems with the non-malleable copy it keeps for backup reasons.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You never have to mess with the windows store at all aside from when the xbox app wants to update. You just open the xbox app, find a game you like, and click install and then it adds it to the list of the left.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Cojawfee posted:

You never have to mess with the windows store at all aside from when the xbox app wants to update. You just open the xbox app, find a game you like, and click install and then it adds it to the list of the left.

Yeah this. I know some people have no end of problems with it, but the Xbox app/Gamepass experience has been perfect for me for the past 12 months. Still seems insane that I can get day 1 releases like Total War: Warhammer 3, Humankind, or Crusader Kings 3 for just a regular old subscription price.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

John Murdoch posted:

AFAIK it's a very low key and competent sci-fi builder game with nothing super special about it.

I'd say more, but that would require me to have played it and not just read some reviews and watched some Youtube videos. :v:
It's similar to Surviving Mars, but relies on having a narrative and exposition dumps between levels vs the nerve stapling and shuffling seniors into domes and turning off life support to solve population crisises in Surviving Mars.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Risking perishing but does AOE4 come with the $1 and does it run good? I'll shell out 20 nickels for that.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yes (I don't know about performance tho) and since it's published by Xbox Game Studios I doubt it'll ever leave Game Pass.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 10, 2021

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Um... where are you supposed to receive the steam key? Didn't get it by mail, not in the spam folder either.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My chief complaint with games pass is that there's virtually no support for mods. Like who the gently caress is gonna download and play skyrim in 2021 and just play through the vanilla game?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Lib and let die posted:

My chief complaint with games pass is that there's virtually no support for mods. Like who the gently caress is gonna download and play skyrim in 2021 and just play through the vanilla game?

I think it's worth it only if there's a specific game/series of games you really gonna play intensively during a month. For example, I really wanted to check out Forza Horizon 5 and all that cloud gaming crap. So far, so good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Baby Proof posted:

Wow. The last time this came around, I passed it up because they didn't have many games that I either didn't already own, or that I had any interest in playing. But after looking at the list posted by 2house2fly posted, I'm very tempted to bite...

Len posted:

You can use a burner email and just make accounts there's nothing stopping you from eternally getting it for $1

A friend of mine refused to sub to gamepass because "sure it's a dollar but when I forget to cancel it it'll be hundreds" so I made him an account and paid the dollar

That doesn't affect your progress in games? Because if it doesn't, I can just use the account+1@gmail.com trick to keep getting it for a buck...

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Cojawfee posted:

Unless your xbox and windows accounts are different. Then you’ll have to randomly go into the windows store app every so often and switch it over to your xbox account, because it can’t handle that situation cleanly after how ever long it’s been.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Um... where are you supposed to receive the steam key? Didn't get it by mail, not in the spam folder either.

They are supposed to be sent out after the stream has either started, or ended. It starts within 4 hours and 40 minutes of this post.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

webmeister posted:

Yeah this. I know some people have no end of problems with it, but the Xbox app/Gamepass experience has been perfect for me for the past 12 months. Still seems insane that I can get day 1 releases like Total War: Warhammer 3, Humankind, or Crusader Kings 3 for just a regular old subscription price.

Maybe it's the games I tend to be interested in playing but I have problems with roughly 1/4 of the games I try on gamepass that are usually pretty grievous and game breaking rather than minor. e.g. Bug Fables doesn't run *at all* on gamepass, it hangs on the splash screen and there is nothing you can do to tweak the installation to get around the issue because of the strict UWP architecture.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
If you spend ~5 minutes a day doing MS Rewards things, you can keep Game Pass going indefinitely for free, since you can make more points in a month than is required to get a free month of game pass. The only two mildly time consuming parts are doing their daily quiz and doing searches using Bing. The answers to the quiz are posted on the related reddit every day. And you can do the searches quickly if you just make a folder with a bunch of searches (for example, searching the numbers 1-50) and right click, open all bookmarks once or twice. I did the $1 for 3 months thing the last time it was available and I just used the points I accrued while that was running to get another 6 months for free like 2 weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
Pretty sure that works out to working for less than minimum wage to get that “free” game pass. I suppose if you don’t have the money otherwise, that’s fine, but for most people it seems like it wouldn’t be worth it.