Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Rarity a gamer?
This poll is closed.
Yes 17 17.35%
Obviously 43 43.88%
Noisette 23 23.47%
please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34 15 15.31%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

the writing is sublime and i cried at least twice due to how good thw riting ++ acting was. kojima EASILY defeats all the HACKS who shovel garbage down the throats of the gaming public in other AAA games.

Make this the forum description and/or the background in perpetuity as well thank you mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sounds like Death Stranding sucks

I'm reading the room and that's the vibe I'm getting

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have Death Stranding on my to play list. PS5 Directors Cut version too. Looking forward to it. My first proper Kojima game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i hate good games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Andrast posted:

i hate good games

My condolences to you in this trying time. I hope it passes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are probably more bad games than good games so andrast’s laughing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no gaming is worse than good gaming

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

death stranding being the most coherent social commentary on the coronavirus pandemic that anyones ever made

Counterpoint: The USA

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

countercounterpoint: coherent

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
free stux

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hmm, still too pricey imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Procrastine posted:

Pretty sure Kojima didn't work on Ghost Babel though

I just looked it up and the stuff I found said he did.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

May he find his forever home

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i can't believe stux was murdered by harrow

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I think you should be allowed to troll people who make bad posts about hollow knight

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I keep wanting to call newgrounds “newsgrounds”

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

stux has been freed from his prison of posting, but only for a few brief moments :smith:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

How far in did you get before dropping off?

Chapter 8. I might return to it after I give Dead Space 2 more of a run, but I got to the satellite dish puzzle in 1 and had one of those, "Do I really wanna keep playing this?" moments. It might've been better if I could crank the difficulty mid-save instead of being locked into a single level per run, but I started on Normal. v:shobon:v

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Andrast posted:

i can't believe stux was murdered by harrow

me when stux posts: :blastu:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why does this look so goddamn good lol

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1457894793309212677?s=20

PC about to get their own Bloodborne with 60fps and Sekiro grappling in the Epic Mickey world everyone wanted

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I'd be more surprised if the carefully selected gameplay segments looked bad, it's marketing.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's the golem filled world we didn't ask for, but deserve.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if it's bad we can call it "Lies of Pee"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've always thought it'd be interesting to trawl through public domain IPs and see what kind of weird poo poo you could play with. Not even necessarily like for a video game, but for some weird found family avengers esque characters uniting against an evil force type story.

Edit: did I just invent the league of extraordinary gentleman?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

External Organs posted:

I've always thought it'd be interesting to trawl through public domain IPs and see what kind of weird poo poo you could play with. Not even necessarily like for a video game, but for some weird found family avengers esque characters uniting against an evil force type story.

lol yeah that's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which crashed and burned with the movie they tried to do for it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Couldn’t anyone just literally do league of extraordinary gentlemen whenever they wanted?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

External Organs posted:

not really the same thing but Aviary Attorney was made mostly with public domain music and art (those animal drawings show up a lot on like, posters and things like wine/beer bottle labels), which was kind of a cool budget-saving move

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the world is sick of gentlemen. bring on the Gang of Neurodivergent Folks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hello I'm a Bethesda RPG set in a world of 19th century fiction. Classes: scrivener, consumptionist, whaler.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if I go whaler how many whales can I throw between rests

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

if I go whaler how many whales can I throw between rests

If you subclass as a Morlock you can use the time dilation buff to throw infinite whales.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

External Organs posted:

If you subclass as a Morlock you can use the time dilation buff to throw infinite whales.

Easy there Corvo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Couldn’t anyone just literally do league of extraordinary gentlemen whenever they wanted?

As I understand it you can freely use those characters but you can't use them to tell the same story as the LXG comics or movie did

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

haveblue posted:

As I understand it you can freely use those characters but you can't use them to tell the same story as the LXG comics or movie did

Well, not for 80 years or whatever!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

External Organs posted:

Hello I'm a Bethesda RPG set in a world of 19th century fiction. Classes: scrivener, consumptionist, whaler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3hHzKX38Ug&t=4s

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Why are you even here? To suffer?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Remember when Gearbox Software was so desperate to save Battleborn that they commissioned rule34 artwork of their game, and then had their CEO tweet it out in fake disgust? Good times.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hope they release all of the Death Stranding Director's Cut stuff on PC eventually and also don't make me buy the game a third time to get it

feels like something that they'll keep exclusive to the PS5 for at least a while depending on what kind of deals have been struck

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Charles 1998 posted:

Remember when Gearbox Software was so desperate to save Battleborn that they commissioned rule34 artwork of their game, and then had their CEO tweet it out in fake disgust? Good times.

No and I wish you hadn't brought it back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No and I wish you hadn't brought it back up

please visit my new and wildly popular subreddit r/SNUle34