Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Liv is on borrowed time in WWE anyway. They root out families: They fired everyone connected to Windham. Father, brother, his friends he worked with, so many people gone. Liv is dating Taylor, I was really surprised she survived these cuts but maybe she's below notice for now.

Also why can't Danhausen get driven into Canada once the border opens? Are injured people not allowed to cross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s just that nobody can stand to be in a car with Danhausen for more than 15 minutes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bret rules

https://twitter.com/AdamTool/status/1456275070200942604

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The Excellence of Education

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Drakkel posted:

The Excellence of Education

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Spiderdrake posted:

Liv is on borrowed time in WWE anyway. They root out families: They fired everyone connected to Windham. Father, brother, his friends he worked with, so many people gone. Liv is dating Taylor, I was really surprised she survived these cuts but maybe she's below notice for now.

Also why can't Danhausen get driven into Canada once the border opens? Are injured people not allowed to cross?

I would assume the aftercare plan and needing to be seen by the same physicians?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
is there some shawn michaels vs bret hart undercurrent going on in aew?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

LOL even Bret knows the University of Calgary is poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Spiderdrake posted:

Liv can't leave until her feud with Carmella over who the hottest woman in the WWE is gets settled. :v:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Renaissance Spam posted:

LOL even Bret knows the University of Calgary is poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm glad Bret's post-wrestling life hasn't been the horror show that it is for some

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad Bret's post-wrestling life hasn't been the horror show that it is for some

Considering how horribly his career ended it's crazy how well adjusted he is. Double that after the stroke.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

stab posted:

And away from the sweet free Canadian healthcare that he qualifies for being married to a Canadian.

:cripes:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4248339/bret-hitman-hart-honorary-degree-mount-royal/

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he literally "went out" and got a degree

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a degree from any canadian school is worthless. everybody always gets an "eh"?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Spiderdrake posted:

He probably can, but he often stays with his parents while he’s touring, so he doesn’t have to go back and forth across the border. They probably also have more free time to help him out than his wife does. I don’t know.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Renaissance Spam posted:

Considering how horribly his career ended it's crazy how well adjusted he is. Double that after the stroke.

Bret's book is completely insane and makes him look like an rear end in a top hat, but I think writing it helped him overcome a lot of bitterness that would have eaten him alive otherwise.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Butt “The Shitman” Fart

THis will never not get me and make me laugh

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Wait, is that a thing universities do? I've heard of honorary doctorates, but never an honorary bachelor's.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nipponophile posted:

Wait, is that a thing universities do? I've heard of honorary doctorates, but never an honorary bachelor's.

Dishonorary bachelor's degree

Alternate joke:

Bachelor's degree in communication

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Nov 9, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CombineThresher posted:

Bret's book is completely insane and makes him look like an rear end in a top hat, but I think writing it helped him overcome a lot of bitterness that would have eaten him alive otherwise.

the important take away from his book is that needless to say he had the last laugh

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cock the Pissman Partridge

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beeswax posted:

Cock the Pissman Partridge

Stop getting Bret wrong!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Brett the hit-man heart

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Kingston article on the Players tribune.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/eddie-kingston-aew-wrestling

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

This article is so loving good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lex I love you but this does not sound like a lie. https://twitter.com/GenuineLexLuger/status/1457814392259686409

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

everybody should take a few minutes to read this, it's incredible

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This article is so loving good

Hand to God, so loving good. And just like Mox, he writes exactly like how he would talk too. I want a whole book from Eddie.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

It really is incredible.

Between this article and his locker room speech at the Brodie Lee tribute show I could see how stupidly easy it would be to follow him basically anywhere.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

everybody should take a few minutes to read this, it's incredible

Especially anybody dealing with psych issues (so, everybody), or in denial about having psych issues and putting off getting help for them (so, far too many of us).

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

quote:

I was dead broke, overweight, depressed, and wrestling in front of eight people in a bingo hall. I remember there was this place we always used to do shows in Palo Alto, Pennsylvania. Me and a buddy used to drive out there, wrestle, hopefully get paid, and then drive back. You’d spend your whole check on gas and a meal afterward. So we get up there to do the show, and we’re backstage getting ready, and we could all tell it was kind of quiet. Lace up the boots, go through the curtain, look out into the crowd….

Eight people.

I remember seeing a clip of their entrance from this show on Youtube about a decade ago, it's not there anymore. Him & Blackjack Marciano were the Wild Cards in Chikara, they come out of the little doorway that was the entrance, Blackjack bounces out first & throws his hands up looking for SOME kind of reaction & one guy just yells "Yo, Blackjack SUCKS!!" and you've never seen a more depressed looking wrestler in your life. Then Eddie comes out all "YEEAH!!! Everybody's fired up tonight!" while you knew he'd rather be anywhere else. All the while their Steely Dan theme music that didn't fit them at all was playing. One of the more depressing entrances I've ever seen. For Eddie to come from waaaaaay down there to where he is now is remarkable.

E:

quote:

The match ends, we get backstage, and of course the promoter can’t pay.
That's Quack, alright.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
eddie is such a centerpiece in my head of not only what AEW is but what Wrestling is in general that it's hard to remember he wasn't a big indie star or barely even successful

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

It's great. I just finished reading it and was gonna post it here.

Eddie Kingston.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I liked Eddie in Chikara, he had a really good match with Claudio Castagnoli in 2009 and was immediately proven right all along regarding how shifty Claudio was.

He also did a really good promo for Chikara's first PPV in 2011 in the leadup to him winning their championship.

This is the extent of my Eddie Kingston knowledge, outside of having some vague recollection of him being in the ROH vs CZW Cage of Death without remembering anything else about that match

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I like how Eddie's story and success comes off as the first Rocky translated into the inner workings of wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dsriggs posted:

I remember seeing a clip of their entrance from this show on Youtube about a decade ago, it's not there anymore. Him & Blackjack Marciano were the Wild Cards in Chikara, they come out of the little doorway that was the entrance, Blackjack bounces out first & throws his hands up looking for SOME kind of reaction & one guy just yells "Yo, Blackjack SUCKS!!" and you've never seen a more depressed looking wrestler in your life. Then Eddie comes out all "YEEAH!!! Everybody's fired up tonight!" while you knew he'd rather be anywhere else. All the while their Steely Dan theme music that didn't fit them at all was playing. One of the more depressing entrances I've ever seen. For Eddie to come from waaaaaay down there to where he is now is remarkable.

E:

That's Quack, alright.

Not to bail out Quack but it could also be Ian Rotten

flatluigi posted:

eddie is such a centerpiece in my head of not only what AEW is but what Wrestling is in general that it's hard to remember he wasn't a big indie star or barely even successful

Every time I hear that piece of trash Enzo Amore call himself the realest guy in the room, I just think "No, that would be Eddie Kingston ".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Maybe Eddie's not in that room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Maybe Eddie's not in that room.

I always assumed it was just a rhyming scheme to say he was the realest guy in the business, which Enzo most certainly is not