Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

so after about 30 or so back and forth posts, the aforementioned lobster, who vociferously denied jorp was arguing that he/men should be able to hit women because he's not that type of scummy person, finally admitted that yes, that's exactly what jorp was saying and furthermore there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, ACTUALLY

:suicide:

quote:

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Dongsturm posted:

it's not just a quote, he published it in his best selling book

and narrated the audiobook

https://twitter.com/comradetoguro/status/1373429075147100168

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

The joke is okay but then this loving loser goes on to generalize all autistic people as pedophiles and bronies.

This guy is a loving rear end in a top hat. gently caress him. Him and JP should get together and have a big bigotry party because from where I'm standing they're the same piece of poo poo.

this is a thread about lobsters sir

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Why did he feel the need to share this with the rest of the world?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

He knew that it would turn off any critical thinkers, keeping only the rubes and true believers in his grift

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Jordan Peterson' grandma came out of the shower, her mound of fur dripping wet, drop by drop filling the GhostBusters mug she held below her pubis. "Hey big boy," she said. "Hey baby, how's it going?" I replied.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol grandma fucks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

Jordan Peterson' grandma came out of the shower, her mound of fur dripping wet, drop by drop filling the GhostBusters mug she held below her pubis. "Hey big boy," she said. "Hey baby, how's it going?" I replied.

jabbing one of those maple syrup spigots into granny's bush

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

this must dovetail into some crazy part of his ideology right?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Why did he feel the need to share this with the rest of the world?

if you're on the inside of the grift, it sounds like a profound statement about jungian energy or whatever, laden with meaning

if you're not, then it sounds like a weirdo who dreamt about grandma's pubes in his face (ew) and lacked the self-insight to tell others

pragmatically, i think he was just short on content when he was slamming out this book and never got around to replacing this with a better, less disgusting anecdote - like the one about him fantasizing about kicking a toddler

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Who What Now posted:

that's what's up

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Who What Now posted:

call me :shehuck:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

spigot my rear end in a top hat

edit: call me, too, I mean. Like afterwards. I'm not rude.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

pragmatically, i think he was just short on content when he was slamming out this book and never got around to replacing this with a better, less disgusting anecdote - like the one about him fantasizing about kicking a toddler

He's definitely proud of fantasizing about kicking a toddler.

He's probably proud of fantasizing about grandma's pubes as well because he thinks it makes him deep and profound and unafraid of saying things others might not want to hear.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ding ding ding! Never underestimate the power of breaking a taboo to wow the rabble.

See also terribly written sex scenes in literary fiction. They would have been shocking thirty years ago and by god the author is going to keep offending imaginary prudes.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
This is a bizarre thread. Does Jordan Peterson live in all your heads rent free? Or is it just a whole "how dare anyone not be liberal like me?"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

This is a bizarre thread. Does Jordan Peterson live in all your heads rent free? Or is it just a whole "how dare anyone not be liberal like me?"

liberal? what the hell dude thats not cool

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yes! This is my favorite part of the thread.

Edit- this is the very first time in my nearly adult accounts history I thought to myself “let me check that rap sheet”

You won’t be surprised.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What happened between 2005 and 2016?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TheBizzness posted:

Yes! This is my favorite part of the thread.

Edit- this is the very first time in my nearly adult accounts history I thought to myself “let me check that rap sheet”

You won’t be surprised.

We get 'em in the Trumplol thread every now and then too.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordy's granmama's pubes rent free in my head. I think of his granmama's bushy pubes n ruined face rent free in my head and an MP3 of a Starcraft marine saying "AH THATS THE STUFF" issues from my lips.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Peterson being a supposed deep thinker, then stating 'gee, I never thought of that' when he was asked if he had never thought that refusing gay people business was comparable to refusing black people business does stay with me, I confess.

And then I lol.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Samovar posted:

Peterson being a supposed deep thinker, then stating 'gee, I never thought of that' when he was asked if he had never thought that refusing gay people business was comparable to refusing black people business does stay with me, I confess.

And then I lol.

He also didn't know you could get addicted to benzos.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

It's because it's fun to laugh at really bad takes.

It's like some intellectual fast food. You don't need to do any heavy lifting to poke holes in it and get your mind boggled by continually finding even dumber things Jorp has somehow actually said. It'd be sad if all you did was mock Jorp but I don't think anyone here does that. Nothing wrong with some fast food every once in a while.

I dunno why I'm explaining the concept of a mock thread here. On the note of fast food, I'm gonna go get a burger.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Human Crouton posted:

That's almost all modern culture books, really. I don't think a single person has ever read any political candidate's book, for example.

This goes back to Mein Kampf.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Batterypowered7 posted:

He also didn't know you could get addicted to benzos.
He knew.

maybe he assumed he was too rational to get addicted but lol that's not how it works Jordo you're of this world not in this world, just like the rest of us

at least SA learned not to gently caress around and find out with benzos from TCC, if only JBP had :10bux: this all could have been avoided

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Sausages posted:

He knew.

maybe he assumed he was too rational to get addicted but lol that's not how it works Jordo you're of this world not in this world, just like the rest of us

at least SA learned not to gently caress around and find out with benzos from TCC, if only JBP had :10bux: this all could have been avoided

Isn't his specialty in addiction? Lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think if you don't pay any attention at all to Jorp it is easy to imagine that the only people yelling about him are obsessive haters. But it's important to understand the crazy numbers of hosed up weird dudes who have been citing to him as some philosopher life-coach oracle dude for like a decade. Like, you seem like a pretty bad poster but I can kind of see how someone would miss the sheer scale of the garbage influence that Jordan Peterson has had on the world.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

kazr posted:

Isn't his specialty in addiction? Lol

yeah it is lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

keep up granddad, we hate liberals more than republicans

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Not really, while he's talked about working with addicts as a clinical therapist , none of his academic output was about addiction. Rather than an attempt to understand the mechanisms of addiction his research into drugs and alcohol seems focused on blaming drug abuse for increased aggression, which has merit as a standalone concept but as part of a wider ideological framework is unlikely to be impartial. As for his credentials as a practising therapist he seems to gloat about how broken and unfixable addicts are when he is their therapist:

https://twitter.com/sannewman/status/1006887974297055233

https://twitter.com/AlwaysFlacko/status/1364787203042344970

I'm not an addiction therapist but this kind of attitude is utterly at odds with what I have learned about successful addiction therapy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Lol, talk about telling on yourself

Go clean your room, bucko

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Is one of the rules that addicts should go to Russia and go through a cold withdrawal after cleaning their rooms

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Nice rap sheet ya got there bud.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure Jorps is the absolute definition of an academia parasite who skates by on 'teaching' classes for useless topics and doing no productive work.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Sausages posted:

Not really, while he's talked about working with addicts as a clinical therapist , none of his academic output was about addiction. Rather than an attempt to understand the mechanisms of addiction his research into drugs and alcohol seems focused on blaming drug abuse for increased aggression, which has merit as a standalone concept but as part of a wider ideological framework is unlikely to be impartial.

His Ph.D. thesis was literally about the hereditary effects of alcoholism and the increased disposition toward addiction displayed by children of alcoholics. I could easily believe it is absolute garbage like the rest of his output, and I have no intention of ever reading it, but he did theoretically obtain his doctorate in psychology on a background of investating the mechanisms of addiction.

The Sausages posted:

As for his credentials as a practising therapist he seems to gloat about how broken and unfixable addicts are when he is their therapist:

https://twitter.com/sannewman/status/1006887974297055233

https://twitter.com/AlwaysFlacko/status/1364787203042344970

I'm not an addiction therapist but this kind of attitude is utterly at odds with what I have learned about successful addiction therapy.

To be clear, it is obvious that he doesn't know poo poo about treating addiction. Knowing that Peterson himself is an addict and a hollow anhedonic shell of a person, all of this ghoulish poo poo comes off as projection. You don't want a therapist in any field who's only capable of projecting their own poo poo on you, and it's alarming that he not only doesn't realize he's done this, but is proud of his work.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

People who are addicted to something will spend as much of their money on that thing as their body can possibly accept as input. If you don't have the money to satisfy that input then that money restriction is at least an obstacle to the amount of substance you can obtain. I don't see anything wrong with what he said unless one wants to be pedantic about it, or insists that he meant for a few sentences during a speech to the the comprehensive and fully nuanced authority on the subject.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

People who are addicted to something will spend as much of their money on that thing as their body can possibly accept as input. If you don't have the money to satisfy that input then that money restriction is at least an obstacle to the amount of substance you can obtain. I don't see anything wrong with what he said unless one wants to be pedantic about it, or insists that he meant for a few sentences during a speech to the the comprehensive and fully nuanced authority on the subject.

Lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, one would think that someone treating people with addiction would at least have enough compassion and understanding and desire to help their patients, instead of blasting them, however anonymously, on stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

How would you describe your grandmother's pubes?

For real, though: it takes like no bandwidth to make fun of Peterson, there's so much material and he's objectively a clown. It takes a LOT more effort to seek this thread out and defend him, sooooooo if anyone is obsessed with the Jorper, it's you and his other defenders. And that's sad, why would you let Peterson or this thread live rent free in your head?