Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Not going to lie I still have no clue exactly what happened to Motorola lol. That said while most are kind of like that, I figured it was better then trying to ape things like Generation Kill, and I still feel there are a couple of good characters or at least they're played by actors who do a good job with what they have to work with. I agree on the ending as it kind of rips of ID4, which ripped off War of the Worlds, but I was willing to let it fly that perhaps they just have a really centralized command structure.

That's goddamn awesome. I totally agree about the mini series approach. Imagine something like Chernobyl but WWZ. He clearly has his fathers charm and wit in interviews I've seen and read with him. He also talked about how Mel Brooks has a huge library and stuff like Max Weber in it. Max and Mel rule. Also It's kind of crazy how much they look alike. I'm stilling listening to his new book Devolution which has my queen, Judy Greer, as the main narrator.

Mel in WW2

What's the headwear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

mlmp08 posted:

I read World War Z on an airplane flight, which is probably the only way I got through it.

I think he had a few decent short stories and then felt compelled to fill it out to be longer via more very bad short stories.

Yeah overall it’s a fun read but dang there are some low points. Like the swamp ghost visiting the airplane pilot or the cringe stuff where the USC students start fighting as Spartans, or the Japanese shut in student who becomes a martial arts champ by learning from an blind master. The last act felt a bit too neat and tidy, with the army having bite proof uniforms and mowing down zombies with fire ammo. Wish there’d been a twist like long term infected becoming more dangerous or mutating.

I did enjoy his GI Joe one shot “hearts and minds.” Also not a masterpiece but entertaining.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

^^^
I think you kind of missed the point of those stories? Because the army definitely wasn't mowing anything down. That was like, the entire thrust of that bit. How they had to use mostly untrained people and train them differently, and they needed the "real" army to handle the living warlords.

ASAPI posted:

I would have loved WWZ to be like the book. Especially if they got the narrators from the History channel to be in it. I would have watched that movie 1000 times. I guess its time to re-read the book.

Werner Herzog should have narrated it.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 9, 2021

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the headwear?

Looks like a jeep cap.

McNally fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 9, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah overall it’s a fun read but dang there are some low points. Like the swamp ghost visiting the airplane pilot or the cringe stuff where the USC students start fighting as Spartans, or the Japanese shut in student who becomes a martial arts champ by learning from an blind master. The last act felt a bit too neat and tidy, with the army having bite proof uniforms and mowing down zombies with fire ammo. Wish there’d been a twist like long term infected becoming more dangerous or mutating.

I did enjoy his GI Joe one shot “hearts and minds.” Also not a masterpiece but entertaining.

Yeah, there are definitely some stories that are not as good as others. I do like the upbeat ending, but I just hate downer endings. I love also how Brooks states he based it (along with Studds Terkel) on the works of Sir General John Hackett's two World War III speculative histories). I will say this, listen to the audiobook version, if you haven't. The cast on that is amazing. Oh poo poo I just realized Ade is in it, so I guess this dovetails with Battle LA lol.
When Mel Brooks is Your Dad You Get....
Max Brooks as The Interviewer
Steve Park as Kwang Jingshu
Frank Kamai as Nury Televadi
Nathan Fillion as Stanley MacDonald*
Paul Sorvino as Fernando Oliveira*
Ade M'Cormack as Jacob Nyathi*
Carl Reiner as Jurgen Warmbrunn
Waleed Zuaiter as Saladin Kader
Jay O. Sanders as Bob Archer
Dennis Boutsikaris as General Travis D'Ambrosia
Martin Scorsese as Breckinridge “Breck” Scott*
Simon Pegg as Grover Carlson*
Denise Crosby as Mary Jo Miller*
Bruce Boxleitner as Gavin Blaire*
Ajay Naidu as Ajay Shah
Nicki Clyne as Sharon*
Jeri Ryan as Maria Zhuganova*
Henry Rollins as T. Sean Collins
Maz Jobrani as Ahmed Farahnakian
Mark Hamill as Todd Wainio
Eamonn Walker as Xolelwa Azania / Paul Redeker / David Allen Forbes
Jürgen Prochnow as Philip Adler
David Ogden Stiers as Bohdan Taras Kondratiuk*
Michelle Kholos Brooks as Jesika Hendricks
Kal Penn as Sardar Khan*
Alan Alda as Arthur Sinclair Junior
Rob Reiner as "The Whacko"
Dean Edwards as Joe Muhammad
Frank Darabont as Roy Elliot*
Becky Ann Baker as Christina Eliopolis
Parminder Nagra as Barati Palshigar*
Brian Tee as Hyungchol Choi / Michael Choi*
Masi Oka as Kondo Tatsumi*
Frank Kamai as Tomonaga Ijiro
John Turturro as Seryosha Garcia Alvarez
Ric Young as Admiral Xu Zhicai*
Alfred Molina as Terry Knox*
John McElroy as Ernesto Olguin
Common as Darnell Hackworth*
F. Murray Abraham as Father Sergei Ryzhkov*
René Auberjonois as Andre Renard*

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, there are definitely some stories that are not as good as others. I do like the upbeat ending, but I just hate downer endings. I love also how Brooks states he based it (along with Studds Terkel) on the works of Sir General John Hackett's two World War III speculative histories). I will say this, listen to the audiobook version, if you haven't. The cast on that is amazing. Oh poo poo I just realized Ade is in it, so I guess this dovetails with Battle LA lol.
When Mel Brooks is Your Dad You Get....
Max Brooks as The Interviewer
Steve Park as Kwang Jingshu
Frank Kamai as Nury Televadi
Nathan Fillion as Stanley MacDonald*
Paul Sorvino as Fernando Oliveira*
Ade M'Cormack as Jacob Nyathi*
Carl Reiner as Jurgen Warmbrunn
Waleed Zuaiter as Saladin Kader
Jay O. Sanders as Bob Archer
Dennis Boutsikaris as General Travis D'Ambrosia
Martin Scorsese as Breckinridge “Breck” Scott*
Simon Pegg as Grover Carlson*
Denise Crosby as Mary Jo Miller*
Bruce Boxleitner as Gavin Blaire*
Ajay Naidu as Ajay Shah
Nicki Clyne as Sharon*
Jeri Ryan as Maria Zhuganova*
Henry Rollins as T. Sean Collins
Maz Jobrani as Ahmed Farahnakian
Mark Hamill as Todd Wainio
Eamonn Walker as Xolelwa Azania / Paul Redeker / David Allen Forbes
Jürgen Prochnow as Philip Adler
David Ogden Stiers as Bohdan Taras Kondratiuk*
Michelle Kholos Brooks as Jesika Hendricks
Kal Penn as Sardar Khan*
Alan Alda as Arthur Sinclair Junior
Rob Reiner as "The Whacko"
Dean Edwards as Joe Muhammad
Frank Darabont as Roy Elliot*
Becky Ann Baker as Christina Eliopolis
Parminder Nagra as Barati Palshigar*
Brian Tee as Hyungchol Choi / Michael Choi*
Masi Oka as Kondo Tatsumi*
Frank Kamai as Tomonaga Ijiro
John Turturro as Seryosha Garcia Alvarez
Ric Young as Admiral Xu Zhicai*
Alfred Molina as Terry Knox*
John McElroy as Ernesto Olguin
Common as Darnell Hackworth*
F. Murray Abraham as Father Sergei Ryzhkov*
René Auberjonois as Andre Renard*

Oh on that note, get the unabridged version. The abridged version is good, but the unabridged version is just sublime.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh on that note, get the unabridged version. The abridged version is good, but the unabridged version is just sublime.

Yes, I remember when it first came out and being miffed that it was abridged. I was so happy when they did the missing stuff, and a complete one, and had the amazing casting continue. That said the dog handler one is one of the more depressing ones. Though a good look into humanity and the bonds we form. I won't lie that I often skip it, it's goddamn tough.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MA-Horus posted:

Taking about alien invasion movies and leaving out the cinematic masterpiece Battleship is Haram

Missouri doriftu

I couldn't stop laughing at "we need your ship"

*seconds later*

"We got 8 boilers ready to go"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I couldn't stop laughing at "we need your ship"

*seconds later*

"We got 8 boilers ready to go"

That magic universe where the mothball fleet is always ready with boilers hot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I mean, it delivered on its promise of a battleship, so I can't be too unkind to it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AtomicAnalyst/status/1458119129030971400?s=20

Photos showing Pence rode out 1/6 in a Loading Dock.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yes, I remember when it first came out and being miffed that it was abridged. I was so happy when they did the missing stuff, and a complete one, and had the amazing casting continue. That said the dog handler one is one of the more depressing ones. Though a good look into humanity and the bonds we form. I won't lie that I often skip it, it's goddamn tough.

Oh yeah the Dog Handler one was too real, as was the bit about the woman who talks about her parents bringing up into the Canadian wilderness to escape. Also I know people have opinions about it but I really loved Todd Wainio's bits (and Mark Hamill as always does a masterful job).

Seriously, I really enjoyed the "What's old is new again" concept when they reverted to square formations and semi-auto battle rifles to engage large swarms. Plus the whole "They amped us up by playing "The Trooper" before we made contact" :black101:

CommieGIR posted:

I feel like one of these books is out every 3 months like clockwork. I've read exactly one of them because it seems like all the biggest :stare: details end up getting write-ups in The Atlantic and the Post anyways.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Max Brooks knows literally nothing about the military or firearms. The "Battle of Yonkers" could have been written so much better if he had even a basic understanding of the military, modern tactics, etc. Oh and lmao at a HE incindiary round being mass produced by whatever was left of the ammo industry. If you've ever read the Zombie Survival Guide, you'll see that his knowledge of ammo, firearms, and anything to do with them is typical of a liberal writer who only thinks rednecks, hicks, and cops and the military should have guns.

The highlights of the book (WWZ), were, for me, the style of how it was written, and the hints of what happened elsewhere in the world. Also the story of people trying to escape to the north, the boat people, and the Russian section.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I mean, it delivered on its promise of a battleship, so I can't be too unkind to it

Battleship absolutely delivered it's promise of Battleships, Explosions, and radness. I mean, they shoot an alien in the face with a 5 inch cannon.

I'll take Battleship over ID4 and Battle for LA any day. And I also love both those films.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CainFortea posted:

Battleship absolutely delivered it's promise of Battleships, Explosions, and radness. I mean, they shoot an alien in the face with a 5 inch cannon.

I'll take Battleship over ID4 and Battle for LA any day. And I also love both those films.

Battleship has been on my “should watch” list for years, and maybe this Veteran’s Day it can finally be my dumb fun watch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Quoting this again so I can drop this gem.
https://twitter.com/HolmesJosh/status/1458080837279354891

McConnell's former chief of staff and campaign manager.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Watch for the scene where they're all jumping over the side ignoring the liferafts in the foreground

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh yeah the Dog Handler one was too real, as was the bit about the woman who talks about her parents bringing up into the Canadian wilderness to escape. Also I know people have opinions about it but I really loved Todd Wainio's bits (and Mark Hamill as always does a masterful job).
Yeah the Canadian wilderness one is pretty :stare:. I think that and the dog one is the toughest (especially the guy talking about the pet store and how he didn't like dogs before). It's seriously some oh god I'm thinking of all my pets and it's getting way too real.

I do kind of like Mark Hamill's reading, it's not so much the script, it's just kind of close to his natural voice (iirc, it's been a while) that I felt like it was Luke talking about Zeds. I totally get that not being a problem though for many. lol

That said it's a lot of the names that most (not all) might not recognize at first glance like Eammon Walker (Oz). Though I remember feeling like an idiot for not picking up about Redeker. Honestly, it's like the audiobook equivalent of a five course meal.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

This was discussed in the article pantsless posted at the start of the thread. It sounds like Pence refused to leave the building and... honestly, I find it hard to fault him for that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This was discussed in the article pantsless posted at the start of the thread. It sounds like Pence refused to leave the building and... honestly, I find it hard to fault him for that.

I find it easy, but its one of those "bad call based on a good reason" in theory, if he was staying out of solidarity.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

RFC2324 posted:

I find it easy, but its one of those "bad call based on a good reason" in theory, if he was staying out of solidarity.

IIRC (might have been someone else that day), they said the reason they didn't leave is that by leaving or ceding the building to the insurrectionists, it would give them credibility or make it far more likely to succeed as it had in other coup scenarios. Sure maybe they are just saying that after the fact to save face but it makes sense on some level.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah the Canadian wilderness one is pretty :stare:. I think that and the dog one is the toughest (especially the guy talking about the pet store and how he didn't like dogs before). It's seriously some oh god I'm thinking of all my pets and it's getting way too real.

Oh god, I completely forgot about that part :smith:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Handsome Ralph posted:

IIRC (might have been someone else that day), they said the reason they didn't leave is that by leaving or ceding the building to the insurrectionists, it would give them credibility or make it far more likely to succeed as it had in other coup scenarios. Sure maybe they are just saying that after the fact to save face but it makes sense on some level.

If he had one of the footballs, he should have had bigger worries in his mind than optics

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Sorry, I wish I could have. :smith:

Although I thought the discussion about them having the highest suicide rate was interesting and makes sense.

Though I'll never get the reference to "the sick fucks at China Lake [as having a lower rate]" I know it's a military R&D site, but oddly it's never mentioned anywhere else what they were doing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Has this been posted? It's the first time I've seen it, but:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59186655

quote:

A metallurgist in the US state of Washington has pleaded guilty to fraud after she spent decades faking the results of strength tests on steel that was being used to make Navy submarines.

Prosecutors say Elaine Marie Thomas, 67, gave false positive readings for strength and toughness tests in at least 240 cases between 1985 and 2017.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I would imagine that if any of the idiots got within spitting distance of Pence (like visibly seeing him and his entourage, not like what happened with Goodman leading them the other way from where he was in the Senate chambers) and didn't heed warnings to gently caress off, Secret Service would have basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Hp55r4tWs

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Sorry, I wish I could have. :smith:

Although I thought the discussion about them having the highest suicide rate was interesting and makes sense.

Though I'll never get the reference to "the sick fucks at China Lake [as having a lower rate]" I know it's a military R&D site, but oddly it's never mentioned anywhere else what they were doing.

Oh for sure. My wife's a veterinarian and uhhhh, dealing with animals dying a lot can really do a number on your mental health. On our third date she said something to me to the effect of "You know Vets have like the highest suicide rate right?" and I responded "Oh I knew it was high, but I didn't realize veterans were that high" before she quietly corrected me with what she actually meant.

So in summary,

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Quoting this again so I can drop this gem.
https://twitter.com/HolmesJosh/status/1458080837279354891

McConnell's former chief of staff and campaign manager.

The best is Ayotte's response to "Hey, do you want your old jo" - "NO THANKS BYE"

https://twitter.com/jdistaso/status/1458120889497788420

That was an interesting thing of Al Franken's time as a Senator - he outright said that half of a Senator's day is making called begging for money / fundraising.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

I would imagine that if any of the idiots got within spitting distance of Pence (like visibly seeing him and his entourage, not like what happened with Goodman leading them the other way from where he was in the Senate chambers) and didn't heed warnings to gently caress off, Secret Service would have basically

That's a good video clip, before I clicked I guessed it was going to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k&t=118s

facialimpediment posted:

The best is Ayotte's response to "Hey, do you want your old jo" - "NO THANKS BYE"

https://twitter.com/jdistaso/status/1458120889497788420

That was an interesting thing of Al Franken's time as a Senator - he outright said that half of a Senator's day is making called begging for money / fundraising.

Oh yeah to a humiliating extent and for dollar amounts that aren't that much. I liked the scenes in the Wire when a miserable Carcetti had a donor on the phone and was walking them through the steps for getting family members to donate if they've already hit the dollar limit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Has this been posted? It's the first time I've seen it, but:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59186655

Yea it was talked about when it first came to light like in 2019? Haven’t heard much about it affecting ships though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Okay this is exceptionally weird, because I was just saying this to my wife. lol But yeah I also figure that that would have scattered and in a weird way Pence wasn't likely as in danger as Mitt Romney, who I fully believe would have been murdered.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh for sure. My wife's a veterinarian and uhhhh, dealing with animals dying a lot can really do a number on your mental health. On our third date she said something to me to the effect of "You know Vets have like the highest suicide rate right?" and I responded "Oh I knew it was high, but I didn't realize veterans were that high" before she quietly corrected me with what she actually meant.

So in summary,

Yeah, it totally makes sense, I mean I don't know how vets can deal with it. I mean I totally get the upside of it with good doggos and cats, but god the downside must be brutal. poo poo when I had to put my cat I basically (and no one should do this) was just drinking gin and eating KFC for a few days and that's just one (wonderful) cat.

Plus she probably has to deal with people trying to score horse paste off of her.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
"Do dogs go to heaven?"

"Son, there will be more of them than there are of us."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

Yea it was talked about when it first came to light like in 2019? Haven’t heard much about it affecting ships though.

There was an interesting part of McCullough's Truman biography when he was leading an oversight committee in the Senate during WWII and would do serious investigations into new recruits being forced to sleep in the mud because housing contractors weren't doing their jobs, engines going out in planes, or ships with subpar steel breaking in half when leaving port, with the committee being a huge success that saved many lives. Don't think we have those investigations anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crab Dad posted:

Yea it was talked about when it first came to light like in 2019?

Oh thank gently caress I thought I was having deja vu.

Could the LCS get pinned on her? :haw:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republicans-gosar-trump-ocasio-cortez/2021/11/08/ead37b36-40ca-11ec-9ea7-3eb2406a2e24_story.html

this is pretty damning and I don't see how the Democrats can't come back out with an extremely strong response of trying to primary AOC for bringing this attack on

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That's a good video clip, before I clicked I guessed it was going to be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k&t=118s

lol, I almost went with that video but figured Frank Reynold's would be funnier and shorter to the point.

facialimpediment posted:

:lol: it can't just be the fundraising requirements and the grind of it can it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Okay this is exceptionally weird, because I was just saying this to my wife. lol But yeah I also figure that that would have scattered and in a weird way Pence wasn't likely as in danger as Mitt Romney, who I fully believe would have been murdered.

IIRC, protective details will establish a sort of imaginary red line for situations like that where if people start getting across that line, all bets are off. Which is why I wasn't entirely surprised when that Capitol cop who was on a protective detail shot that chud when she broke through that barricaded window leading into the Speaker's lobby.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, it totally makes sense, I mean I don't know how vets can deal with it. I mean I totally get the upside of it with good doggos and cats, but god the downside must be brutal. poo poo when I had to put my cat I basically (and no one should do this) was just drinking gin and eating KFC for a few days and that's just one (wonderful) cat.

Plus she probably has to deal with people trying to score horse paste off of her.
Yeah compassion fatigue is a real motherfucker. Though we are fortunate that no one has tried to score any horse paste or :catdrugs: off of her.

Probably the second worst part of being a vet is random acquaintances or friends that seemingly only reach out (usually on holidays or weekends) to ask for random free medical advice for their pet that is usually best answered with "You need to go to your vet, I can't diagnose over the phone/Discord chat while we play games. No, I don't need to see pictures of it's butthole. Go to your vet." 9/10 it's for really dumb poo poo too like "My dog broke a nail, do I need to go to the ER? " Rule of thumb, if you're asking yourself "Do I need to bring my pet to the ER?" the answer is likely a yes even if turns out to be nothing.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Why would they primary AOC? She's an establishment Dem with flashy rhetoric to fool the proles. She even voted for Pelosi.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I can one-up you from Gosar's brain-damaged retweeting of an Attack on Titan edit:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1458140745148219393

Can you imagine State Attorney General Louie Gohmert? hoooooooooooooooooooooooly gently caress

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I don't think you're supposed to. Not everything is going to be expositioned.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

I can one-up you from Gosar's brain-damaged retweeting of an Attack on Titan edit:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1458140745148219393

Can you imagine State Attorney General Louie Gohmert? hoooooooooooooooooooooooly gently caress

I mean, Texas already has an insane AG. Its only going to get worse as Florida and Texas are the prototypes for what the GOP wants to do.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

I don't think you're supposed to. Not everything is going to be expositioned.

That's true and fair. I guess I was just trying to wonder what they were even doing and I couldn't think of ideas. I think it's a bias for loving RPG lore books and probably what I have the new Twilight 2000 box on my shelf.

Handsome Ralph posted:

IIRC, protective details will establish a sort of imaginary red line for situations like that where if people start getting across that line, all bets are off. Which is why I wasn't entirely surprised when that Capitol cop who was on a protective detail shot that chud when she broke through that barricaded window leading into the Speaker's lobby.

quote:

Yeah compassion fatigue is a real motherfucker. Though we are fortunate that no one has tried to score any horse paste or :catdrugs: off of her.

Probably the second worst part of being a vet is random acquaintances or friends that seemingly only reach out (usually on holidays or weekends) to ask for random free medical advice for their pet that is usually best answered with "You need to go to your vet, I can't diagnose over the phone/Discord chat while we play games. No, I don't need to see pictures of it's butthole. Go to your vet." 9/10 it's for really dumb poo poo too like "My dog broke a nail, do I need to go to the ER? " Rule of thumb, if you're asking yourself "Do I need to bring my pet to the ER?" the answer is likely a yes even if turns out to be nothing.

HAHA yeah I kind of know the feeling being in the legal field. Also much like the old saying "if you think you have an ethics/legal problem, then you probably have an ethics/legal problem" that advice on Pets and the ER is quite sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

They were literally chanting "hang Mike Pence" and had makeshift gallows set up.