Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Enzo would never dare be in the same room as Eddie anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're good friends with similar journeys through the business and outlooks on life

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Gavok posted:

I like how Eddie's story and success comes off as the first Rocky translated into the inner workings of wrestling.

It would make an excellent sports film

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm not loving crying, YOU'RE loving CRYING.........gently caress WHY IS SOMEONE CUTTING ONIONS RIGHT NEXT TO ME????

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A follow up from Kingston

https://twitter.com/madking1981/status/1458122363489374212?s=21

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

It's crazy how right now my two favourite wrestlers are an alcoholic cowboy and a depressed wrestling nerd

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/revprouk/status/1458116585009389580?s=21

Shotas time in the UK is paying off

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's crazy how right now my two favourite wrestlers are an alcoholic cowboy and a depressed wrestling nerd

Hey that wrestling nerd is also a (recovering) alcoholic! I guess that really hasn't been said in a promo yet tho, just the article.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not to bail out Quack but it could also be Ian Rotten

Palo Alto, PA is Quack territory more the Ian territory no?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/damonkempwwe/status/1458144522676940804

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who!?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Is that Gable's brother or something

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I really hope ”[wrestler]… you’re hosed” is Shooter’s catchphrase

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that a Moxley t-shirt?

Moxley/Kingston/Shooter vs Superkliq, book it, Coward Tony.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

karmicknight posted:

It is but IWA-MS did do some PA shows. It's probably Quack, though.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It is. Shota is Mox’s adopted adult son

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mooseinfants posted:

Is that Gable's brother or something

Yes it is!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Yeah they hired Gable Steveson's brother at the same time they signed him, and fittingly for WWE they can't have two "Stevesons" so they're giving him a new name so they can never acknowledge they're related and will probably fire Bobby the minute his brother actually debuts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Knock Knock. I'm Braden Walker and I'm going to knock your brains out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Yeah they hired Gable Steveson's brother at the same time they signed him, and fittingly for WWE they can't have two "Stevesons" so they're giving him a new name so they can never acknowledge they're related and will probably fire Bobby the minute his brother actually debuts

I... what...

This loving company. Like I almost get the logic for legacy wrestlers. But the whole point of this hire is he's related to the famous sex pest, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

But the whole point of this hire is he's related to the famous sex pest, right?

don't think he's a mcmahon

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

I... what...

This loving company. Like I almost get the logic for legacy wrestlers. But the whole point of this hire is he's related to the famous sex pest, right?

I bet the reason his name is different is that if the backlash against Gable starts up enough again that they can’t use him he’ll be less poisoned as a backup because he won’t be connected to him in kayfabe

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Damon Kemp

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Been hearing this a lot

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Can we put "I find their sardonic chemistry to be phenomenal." in the running for new thread title?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dacap posted:

I bet the reason his name is different is that if the backlash against Gable starts up enough again that they can’t use him he’ll be less poisoned as a backup because he won’t be connected to him in kayfabe

I think it's simpler: The contract they signed Gable to says he gets to compete in amateur wrestling for at least the next full year before making his WWE debut so they've got at a minimum another ~14 months before they have him as a fulltime performer, and they're afraid if there's another Steveson running around in the interim it'll gently caress up his name value.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vincent posted:

Can we put "I find their sardonic chemistry to be phenomenal." in the running for new thread title?

It's a good one for the Dark thread. They've not roasted Brian Cage for weeks!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's a good one for the Dark thread. They've not roasted Brian Cage for weeks!

now someone who's watched elevation recently provide an update for that thread title.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

how did I have no idea about that promo that got eddie the cody match. god drat

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

how did I have no idea about that promo that got eddie the cody match. god drat

the man cut that promo in a ring with chains for ropes and no turnbuckle pads. i hadn't watched it and thought he was working when he said someone's backyard

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

now someone who's watched elevation recently provide an update for that thread title.

"There's so many of 'em, it's like Wu-Tang Clan!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DWvYrSi3M&t=2125s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1458119739994169350

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

karmicknight posted:

Eddie Kingston (at least according to Cagematch) wrestled in Palo Alto, PA exactly twice, both for Chikara, in October and November 2002.

Better yet, he wrestled against Quack in the main event (a 3v3 and a 4v4 tag match, respectively).

Those are also the last wrestling shows on record in Palo Alto. The only shows prior to 2000 were in 1998-2000 from Future Wrestling Alliance, a promotion headlined by Quack and ran 12 of its 14 shows at the Firehouse in Palo Alto, and then in 2000 Hardway Wrestling (another company with Quack as their champion) ran a single show in Palo Alto.

Palo Alto, Pennsylvania appears to be a town that has never seen a wrestling show not headlined by Mike Quackenbush.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Holy poo poo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He should learn no other moves. Just this and punching.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1458188746256527367

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It is but IWA-MS did do some PA shows. It's probably Quack, though.

I mean, just based on odds its probably one of the many other random promotors Eddie's worked for over the years and not just one of the handful of assholes fans know of off the top of their heads.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Knock Knock. I'm Braden Walker and I'm going to knock your brains out.

Is...is this a real quote from his time in ECW?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was thinking this was pretty good English but obviously he was putting most of his effort into that rather than emoting (understandable) but then,"Ospreay, you're hosed" in an almost deadpan expression absolutely killed me. gently caress yes, Shota, I've missed you a lot :)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

He should learn no other moves. Just this and punching.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1458188746256527367

that's pretty good, the angle-style moonsault has always been my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Peak Perc Angle