Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cool, the lampe gras stuff is pretty neat looking. i must have missed your post otherwise i would have also mentioned this one

https://www.muuto.com/product/Tip-Wall-Lamp--p24532/p24532/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
What's a good ceiling light resource, and what should we be looking for in updating existing light fixtures?

We have a 4' CFL in our master walk-in closet. The ballast is dying, and rather than replace it with another I'd like to install Real Lighting. Functionally it works OK, but I feel like there's a better option.

The other thing is our kitchen has dual 4' CFLs that are working fine, but don't do a great job of throwing light. We have under-cabinet lighting, and there's a can over the sink, but that's about it. What's the thing to do these days? Would this be something we'd want to throw track lighting in so we can adjust it how we need it? Or would we want to put in a bunch of cans?

The master closet we can do just about anything we want because there's easy attic access, but since it's a closet it needs to be more functional than visually appealing. The kitchen is 1st floor so anything that doesn't fit in the current wire opening will require a bunch of work to install, but appearance is also important here. I mean, functionality is king, but it needs to be not ugly.

I plan to DIY, and this is stuff I'm capable of.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

We put in one of these in our closets. It's a led lightbulb and fixture in one.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

just lol if all your closets dont have sad bare bulbs with pull chains

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Hi thread - I'm moving into a new house soon and trying to work toward having a purposefully designed space (not so much, "everything matches perfectly," but something where it's not just stuff I've accumulated randomly over the years). I actually really like the general style of the current owner, so I'm including images of the living room spaces as they appear now (apologies for realtor style photos). Assume none of that is staying (besides nailed down fixtures).

As a start, I plan to get a couch and chair (for the fireplace area), and a bar (approximately where the piano sits currently). I'm thinking of putting my existing audio stuff on the fireplace side as well (speakers on either side of the fireplace or on the edges of the mantle if they fit, record storage and turntable\preamp maybe to the side under the window or in the corner where that display case is sitting? Feel free to suggest placement for those things). For the couch, I prefer leather, and have been gravitating toward the chesterfield style, but I'm open to other styles if recommended. For the chair - no idea, just something comfy\cozy that fits in? For the bar, ideally something big and tall enough to sit at (e.g., two stools, which I already have), rather than just a cabinet.

I'm trying to figure out which pieces to prioritize, and where I should look for them, since my budget may only allow for purchasing a couple items at first (probably looking at 5-7k at first, preferably on the lower end of that range; then later next year I could drop another couple thousand for some additional item(s)). I'll list some questions; I know it's a lot, so I would just love any thoughts on any of them (and let me know if I need to provide more background\info).

1) Are there other major\minor pieces I should be prioritizing (coffee table, side table, lamp, ??), or is it okay to focus on the couch\chair\bar for now?

2) Just putting a bar in that space where the piano currently sits will probably leave a lot of open area. I thought it might be ideal to have some type of seating that can be easily moved into the fireplace area when entertaining (the front door is between the two spaces, so that is an area that would be generally left open, but could temporarily provide space for more seating). Any thoughts on what could be used for that and still be stylish for the space? Basically two or so seats that are easily movable but not just like card table folding chairs. I know the bar stools could achieve this, but lower seats are probably more comfortable out in the open.

3) Further to that, for the pieces I mentioned, or any others that should be prioritized, what styles would work best in this space? I guess I'm sort of looking for search terms to focus on. Ideas on colour\materials are also appreciated.

4) Where would one find such styles of furniture? In other words, am I probably going to have better luck in second hand furniture stores, or are there online outlets for these styles? Or are there companies that make new furniture in styles that will work well here?

5) Further to the above, I realize my budget isn't great, but is it realistic for these main items? I don't expect fancy or expensive antique furniture, so are there likely to be more budget-friendly items that are still nice and match the style I'm going for here? Or should I re-evaluate? For example, I do have a dark leather couch and a glider rocking chair that could provide immediate seating for free - should I spend my budget on the bar and whatever additional\accent pieces you guys think are important, then upgrade the couch\chair later? Or do you think the couch\chair\bar are key, can be bought within my budget, and it's okay to add the other pieces later?
Here is a picture of my current couch and audio stuff by the way.

Like I said, I'm totally new at this, so I appreciate your patience!

marjorie fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 9, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

marjorie posted:

Hi thread - I'm moving into a new house soon and trying to work toward having a purposefully designed space (not so much, "everything matches perfectly," but something where it's not just stuff I've accumulated randomly over the years). I actually really like the general style of the current owner, so I'm including images of the living room spaces as they appear now (apologies for realtor style photos). Assume none of that is staying (besides nailed down fixtures).

As a start, I plan to get a couch and chair (for the fireplace area), and a bar (approximately where the piano sits currently). I'm thinking of putting my existing audio stuff on the fireplace side as well (speakers on either side of the fireplace or on the edges of the mantle if they fit, record storage and turntable\preamp maybe to the side under the window or in the corner where that display case is sitting? Feel free to suggest placement for those things). For the couch, I prefer leather, and have been gravitating toward the chesterfield style, but I'm open to other styles if recommended. For the chair - no idea, just something comfy\cozy that fits in? For the bar, ideally something big and tall enough to sit at (e.g., two stools, which I already have), rather than just a cabinet.

I'm trying to figure out which pieces to prioritize, and where I should look for them, since my budget may only allow for purchasing a couple items at first (probably looking at 5-7k at first, preferably on the lower end of that range; then later next year I could drop another couple thousand for some additional item(s)). I'll list some questions; I know it's a lot, so I would just love any thoughts on any of them (and let me know if I need to provide more background\info).

1) Are there other major\minor pieces I should be prioritizing (coffee table, side table, lamp, ??), or is it okay to focus on the couch\chair\bar for now?

2) Just putting a bar in that space where the piano currently sits will probably leave a lot of open area. I thought it might be ideal to have some type of seating that can be easily moved into the fireplace area when entertaining (the front door is between the two spaces, so that is an area that would be generally left open, but could temporarily provide space for more seating). Any thoughts on what could be used for that and still be stylish for the space? Basically two or so seats that are easily movable but not just like card table folding chairs. I know the bar stools could achieve this, but lower seats are probably more comfortable out in the open.

3) Further to that, for the pieces I mentioned, or any others that should be prioritized, what styles would work best in this space? I guess I'm sort of looking for search terms to focus on. Ideas on colour\materials are also appreciated.

4) Where would one find such styles of furniture? In other words, am I probably going to have better luck in second hand furniture stores, or are there online outlets for these styles? Or are there companies that make new furniture in styles that will work well here?

5) Further to the above, I realize my budget isn't great, but is it realistic for these main items? I don't expect fancy or expensive antique furniture, so are there likely to be more budget-friendly items that are still nice and match the style I'm going for here? Or should I re-evaluate? For example, I do have a dark leather couch and a glider rocking chair that could provide immediate seating for free - should I spend my budget on the bar and whatever additional\accent pieces you guys think are important, then upgrade the couch\chair later? Or do you think the couch\chair\bar are key, can be bought within my budget, and it's okay to add the other pieces later?

I like the rugs in the pictures. You should start with good rugs.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

BigFactory posted:

I like the rugs in the pictures. You should start with good rugs.

You know, I thought about that too. The thing is, I have a dog that sheds like crazy and I was worried the rugs would be difficult to keep clean vs bare wood floors (I've heard about washable rugs like ruggable, but wasn't sure if that was just guerrilla marketing and not quality rugs).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

marjorie posted:

You know, I thought about that too. The thing is, I have a dog that sheds like crazy and I was worried the rugs would be difficult to keep clean vs bare wood floors (I've heard about washable rugs like ruggable, but wasn't sure if that was just guerrilla marketing and not quality rugs).

What do I do if I like cool looking rugs, but I have cats that almost exclusively puke on rugs, or a dog that tracks in dirt and gets rugs dirty?

My wife is much more laissez faire about it all, and I guess doesn't care so much about our pets getting these things dirty. So, I'm inclined just to live with cheapish synthetic rugs and assuming I will have to replace them every few years.

I have/had a coolish cow hide rug that I liked that I learned was very easy to clean when the cats puked on it because nothing stuck to it. Unfortunately the dog found a loose patch and tore it off-- and then went to town on chewing up other parts of it. If I replace that one I guess I will just buy a conventional cowhide rug from Ikea or something.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

marjorie posted:

MetaJew posted:

What do I do if I like cool looking rugs, but I have cats that almost exclusively puke on rugs, or a dog that tracks in dirt and gets rugs dirty?

As a fellow dog owner, I'm not a big fan of ruggable rugs at all. I'd go with something low pile with tight weave. I'm really impressed with the Loloi x Amber Lewis collaboration and Loloi in general make a lot of decent looking low pile options (the Layla is an internet favorite). We have the Loloi x Amber Lewis Billie in ink/salmon and another one of the runners from that collab and it's gorgeous and was pretty budget friendly.

Also if you don't have one already the Bissell green machine does a great job on rugs for pet messes. I know this because I have a 90 pound monster puppy.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

amethystbliss posted:

As a fellow dog owner, I'm not a big fan of ruggable rugs at all. I'd go with something low pile with tight weave. I'm really impressed with the Loloi x Amber Lewis collaboration and Loloi in general make a lot of decent looking low pile options (the Layla is an internet favorite). We have the Loloi x Amber Lewis Billie in ink/salmon and another one of the runners from that collab and it's gorgeous and was pretty budget friendly.

Also if you don't have one already the Bissell green machine does a great job on rugs for pet messes. I know this because I have a 90 pound monster puppy.

Awesome, that's a great tip - at first glance, I like a lot of the Loloi rugs I'm seeing. I agree that a low pile option would make more sense - in addition to keeping fur closer to the surface for easy vacuuming, it would probably help cut down on holding in pet smells too. Luckily my dog is pretty mud-averse and generally doesn't have bladder or vomit problems, but things like blankets that he tends to lay on definitely hold in general dog smells, so I'm sure a thicker rug would too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

marjorie posted:

I would much rather have a dog shed on a rug than destroy hardwood floors with their nails. Rugs can be cleaned.

And if you don’t mind cleaning carpets, you can get very nice, usually very large oriental rugs for free on Craigslist. They’re up all the time. People move and don’t want to lug a stinky 100 LB rug with them. Like 100% wool, vegetable dyed, 60+ year old rugs. And if they’re real gross or stained or the colors are just dumb, take them outside on the driveway and soak them, shampoo them, and bleach them. You can overdye with whatever color you like.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 10, 2021

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
How do you dye a 100lb rug and get it to set?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Anne Whateley posted:

How do you dye a 100lb rug and get it to set?

Put dye in an airless sprayer and spray with the rug damp, rub it in to get it even (I think I used a long handle rubber squeegee thing, but a stiff bristle broom would work), hose it down until the water runs clear then do it again to get the color how you want it. It’s something you probably need a driveway for.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

BigFactory posted:

It’s something you probably need a driveway for.

Welp, I'm out. I have some old rugs that we were using to make my basement practice space less echoey, and I'm pretty sure none of my friends want those back, so I do have a cheap option for floor coverings if needed.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
How has yours lasted? Using an all-purpose dye with no heat, acid, or fixative seems like a recipe for a super fugitive, crocking mess

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Anne Whateley posted:

How has yours lasted? Using an all-purpose dye with no heat, acid, or fixative seems like a recipe for a super fugitive, crocking mess

It’s been about 2 years or more with no problems. Doesn’t transfer, hasn’t faded. It was in a super high traffic room for a while too. I used rit and I’m pretty sure ifollowed the instructions and made it on the stove like normal, and then transferred it to a pump sprayer.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

rug first if you want to build a room around it, rug later if you want it to complement what you already have (furniture, paint)

edit: the couch is pretty overstuffed, if it's in your budget I'd look into something...not

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 13, 2021

marjorie
May 4, 2014

actionjackson posted:

rug first if you want to build a room around it, rug later if you want it to complement what you already have (furniture, paint)

edit: the couch is pretty overstuffed, if it's in your budget I'd look into something...not

If you're referring to my current couch, totally. I bought it used about 8 years ago and I even slept on it for over 2 years - it's comfortable enough, but looks like poo poo. I'm definitely ready for something else, but wondering if it's good enough for now since it's free. If I can find something that fits in better for 1k or less that would be great. Otherwise, probably best to spend the money on stuff I don't have at all like rugs, lamps, and a chair.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

A decent couch is very important to a happy life
prioritize things that will improve your comfort everyday
(I'm thinking about upgrading our couch too)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

marjorie posted:

If you're referring to my current couch, totally. I bought it used about 8 years ago and I even slept on it for over 2 years - it's comfortable enough, but looks like poo poo. I'm definitely ready for something else, but wondering if it's good enough for now since it's free. If I can find something that fits in better for 1k or less that would be great. Otherwise, probably best to spend the money on stuff I don't have at all like rugs, lamps, and a chair.

for a really nice couch if you are buying new I would say 2k+ fabric, 3.5k+ leather. Otherwise I would check craigslist etc.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

marjorie posted:

That appears to be a Craftsman or Craftsman-inspired design, have you considered that type of decor? (search Craftsman room decor, Craftsman furniture, Mission decor, or Mission furniture)
Any other pictures of the rest of the house?

What's the difference?

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

That appears to be a Craftsman or Craftsman-inspired design, have you considered that type of decor? (search Craftsman room decor, Craftsman furniture, Mission decor, or Mission furniture)
Any other pictures of the rest of the house?

What's the difference?

Oh, I'm such a dummy, I never considered Craftsman as being an interior style term too. I'd say that's most likely the style of house - I hear that thrown around a lot around here to describe the older houses, and since I'm in the pacific nw that seems to be in line with the definition in the article you linked. It's a 1910 bungalow, pretty much laid out like a 2x4 square - two bedrooms in the back, bathroom\office in front of that, kitchen\dining in front of that, then the living areas I showed up front. Gable roof overextended to provide a front porch with two square columns as support. The front is difficult to photograph because of plant life around the place, but here are some additional pictures of the interior:

I'll take a look at craftsman style furnishings. Maybe there's a decent used market here. Also, what's the best way to identify the type of wood in the interior (the moldings\doors or whatever, not the flooring), or how would I go about trying to match\complement the colour?

marjorie fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 14, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

marjorie posted:

Oh, I'm such a dummy, I never considered Craftsman as being an interior style term too. I'd say that's most likely the style of house - I hear that thrown around a lot around here to describe the older houses, and since I'm in the pacific nw that seems to be in line with the definition in the article you linked. It's a 1910 bungalow, pretty much laid out like a 2x4 square - two bedrooms in the back, bathroom\office in front of that, kitchen\dining in front of that, then the living areas I showed up front. Gable roof overextended to provide a front porch with two square columns as support. The front is difficult to photograph because of plant life around the place, but here are some additional pictures of the interior:

I'll take a look at craftsman style furnishings. Maybe there's a decent used market here. Also, what's the best way to identify the type of wood in the interior (the moldings\doors or whatever, not the flooring), or how would I go about trying to match\complement the colour?

It’s probably oak.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

does anyone make circular rugs that are 48" or 54" diameter (no amazon or wayfair links please)

I have this weird ikea 52" one because I literally couldn't find anything else for the space. 60" would be too big.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

marjorie posted:

Probably oak, though pine and fir were also used in trim, cabinetry, and flooring. Here's a story on how someone really hosed up a bungalow, and how the next owners saved it
https://artsandcraftshomes.com/house-styles/santa-barbara-bungalow-brought-back

Also:
wood identification:
https://woodidentification.net/

A couple books on Craftsman house and interior design:
https://archive.org/details/craftsmanhome00stic/page/n8/mode/2up
https://archive.org/details/morecraftsmanhom00stic/page/n8/mode/2up

and back issues of Craftsman magazine:
https://archive.org/details/pub_craftsman-an-illustrated-monthly-magazine

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 14, 2021

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Probably oak, though pine and fir were also used in trim, cabinetry, and flooring. Here's a story on how someone really hosed up a bungalow, and how the next owners saved it
https://artsandcraftshomes.com/house-styles/santa-barbara-bungalow-brought-back

Also:
wood identification:
https://woodidentification.net/

A couple books on Craftsman house and interior design:
https://archive.org/details/craftsmanhome00stic/page/n8/mode/2up
https://archive.org/details/morecraftsmanhom00stic/page/n8/mode/2up

and back issues of Craftsman magazine:
https://archive.org/details/pub_craftsman-an-illustrated-monthly-magazine

This is extremely helpful, thanks so much! I think at this point, it'll probably be best for me to dive into these resources, then come back when I have some specific pieces to get folks' opinions on before buying. Thanks again!

marjorie fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 16, 2021

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Okay, I have a potential couch option. Could this work in the space with the fireplace (approximately where the current owner's couch sits)? The couch is oxblood, so reddish. Would this place any limitations on rug colour options? For example, it seems like it would be too much to use rugs like the current owner has, with all the red. But I have no idea, really.

For reference, the space:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Folks, I'm looking for a 29"-ish small table that is going to go in front of a window and basically exist for a couple of people to sit down at eat breakfast at. I really, really want it to have a drawer in it. This thing here is a drop-leaf and while the drop-leaf isn't necessary, the style is basically just about what I have in mind. The sticking point is that it's MDF.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0917WVVZM/

Everything else I can find with a drawer in it is counter-height, which is unsuitable. Anyone know a good place to look for something similar, except solid wood? Unfinished would be fine, too.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Phanatic posted:

Everything else I can find with a drawer in it is counter-height, which is unsuitable. Anyone know a good place to look for something similar, except solid wood? Unfinished would be fine, too.

Find something you like that’s counter height, as well as a saw.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BigFactory posted:

Find something you like that’s counter height, as well as a saw.

The stuff I can find that's counter-height and has drawers isn't the same style (which isn't a deal breaker) and has the drawers considerably further down. Like, a saw isn't going to help with this:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Phanatic posted:

The stuff I can find that's counter-height and has drawers isn't the same style (which isn't a deal breaker) and has the drawers considerably further down. Like, a saw isn't going to help with this:

Yeah, an axe might be better for that one.

What part of the world are you in and what’s your budget? It’s possible that if you want something really simple you could have a local carpenter build you something without breaking the bank. Or if you live in PA you could hit up some Amish folks.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Phanatic posted:

Folks, I'm looking for a 29"-ish small table that is going to go in front of a window and basically exist for a couple of people to sit down at eat breakfast at. I really, really want it to have a drawer in it. This thing here is a drop-leaf and while the drop-leaf isn't necessary, the style is basically just about what I have in mind. The sticking point is that it's MDF.

Does it need to be rectangular? Lots of round card tables have small drawers and I've seen a bunch vintage on craigslist or marketplace. Something like this (but not this because it's ugly and reviews suck). https://www.cb2.com/maude-leather-p...lkaAlgGEALw_wcB

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

marjorie posted:

Okay, I have a potential couch option. Could this work in the space with the fireplace (approximately where the current owner's couch sits)? The couch is oxblood, so reddish. Would this place any limitations on rug colour options? For example, it seems like it would be too much to use rugs like the current owner has, with all the red. But I have no idea, really.

For reference, the space:

get whatever couch you like, there are ten billion rugs out there, you will not have any issues finding one that's right. obviously the walls could be repainted as well.

decide what the most important element of the room for you is. for most it's the couch - if it is for you, get the couch you want and you will have no issue building around it.

Phanatic posted:

don't buy furniture on amazon imo. be careful with solid wood because it will warp and crack if you live in a state with big humidity swings. I've never seen a small table with a drawer really because the drawer would typically hit someone's legs.

this table in the 35" version has solid wood legs, but the top is veneered

https://www.dwr.com/kitchen-dining-tables/copenhague-20-dining-table/2514842.html?lang=en_US

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 17, 2021

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Have you looked into the number of narrow laptop desks/console desks out there now? You might find something in your desired dimensions with a drawer.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

more of a just a general comment - if you are going to go from a warm paint to a cool paint, make sure to compare it against your trim! I just learned this the hard way. cool paint + warm trim is generally not going to look that great. I think this is mainly true with whites, grays and off-whites than other colors though.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hello thread, my wife and I are buying an apartment! It's a new build so it won't be ready until spring 2023 but we want to figure out how to start talking about funcitonal and visual room design and don't really know where or how to start. We've been to the architect and done a basic walkthrough of the space but we obviously don't have access to their software. Is there anything we can use for quick and dirty visualisations and positioning furniture and stuff like that? We're also having some trouble with the aesthetic. My wife has a very cozy with lots of plants style and I don't really know what I want or how to express it although I'm obsessed with functionality and making sure spaces "work". The style of the apartment is very modern/sleek/minimal so that's already at odds with my wife's preferred style but there actually isn't a whole lot of choice in the housing market here in Switzerland and our choice was between get something new relatively soon or something from the 80s or 90s in a high rise that will probably need a considerable amount of work. Anyway, here are a couple of renders from the purchasing document:

So yeah, is there some software/website I can use to visualise room layouts with different furniture arrangements? And is there a good resource I can use to see examples of different styles and figure out what I like?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

drat switzerland sounds cool as hell

as for free software try roomstyler

no reason a bunch of plants can't work with whatever. you could have a lot of them right on the ground in front of the windows. that space looks really large, but I'd be interested in the dimensions if you have them. what are the main pieces of furniture you have that you plan to use in that space?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm trying to cobble together a built-in out of Ikea cabinets, but this closet is annoyingly 94.75" wide. Ikea is going to get me to either 90" or 96". I guess if I go this route I'm going to have to put ~2.5" of filler strips on each end?

I have no idea what it would cost to get a custom built-in made. I really just want a row of 24" deep cabinets with a countertop, and then 12" deep shelves going from there to the ceiling.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

American Bungalow magazine is a great source for glamor shots of Arts & Crafts interiors. They'll let you read back issues online. https://www.americanbungalow.com/issue-contents/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Where are some places to get higher quality kitchen cabinet hardware? My four year old handles from Home Depot already have the paint coming off.